• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Epileptic PSA: There are reports that animations and flashing lights in this game can cause seizures. Read this article for more information

Why is there controversy surrounding CD Projekt Red and Cyberpunk 2077?

CD Projekt Red has a history of transphobia. This is well documented at this point and not a matter of debate. Due to this context there is particular concern about transphobic or insensitive content in Cyberpunk 2077 itself, such as the decision to tie gender to voice in the character creator, and trans fetishization in illustrations in the game—and these are just examples from prerelease footage. Additionally, there have been concerns about racist imagery and stereotyping. This article goes into depth about some of these issues.

What incidents of transphobia have occurred surrounding the game and the company, and why are they hurtful?

This list will be updated over time as more examples come to light, especially as the game releases and more content is uncovered. If you wish to have something added to this list, please send me a DM and get my attention.

Why is ResetEra allowing an official thread for this game?

There has been a lot of discussion about whether there should even be an official thread for Cyberpunk 2077, and many points of view were considered for this decision. Ultimately, a thread like this can serve as a platform for minority concerns to be aired and discussed respectfully, and given appropriate attention. We've also heard from minority members, including some trans members, who have asked for a space where they can talk about the game without needing to worry about trolling and bigoted posting. We expect all posters in the thread to extend the consideration and empathy to give them that space. We will be moderating as strictly as necessary to make sure they do.

What can I do to help fight transphobia?

Transphobia exists in many aspects of our lives. From casual discrimination such as the continuous misuse of a person's preferred pronouns, to more serious ramifications such as housing being denied, legal rights being taken away, and being discriminated in the legal system. Every trans person either has experienced transphobia in their lives, or will experience transphobia at some point.

Moreover, transphobia is a systematic issue that is present in every level of our society. Politicians fight to take away our rights. Celebrities use coded language and religious justifications, if not outright hostility, in order to continue to deny our existence. Media continues to portray us as the butt of a joke, or acts like we're something to be fascinated by, rather than treated with respect.

Actions speak louder than words: Become active in your local politics, donate to transgender causes, stand up for these issues wherever they arise, and if you know transgender people in your life be there for them and support them.

Here are some pro-trans organizations around the world where you can make a donation and show your support
  • For those of you in the US, The Trevor Project is one of the leading LGBT organizations. They are dedicated to crisis intervention and suicide prevention for people who are in need of support, love, and care.
  • For those of you in the UK, Mermaids is dedicated to the support of transgender, non-binary, and gender-diverse children, young adults, and their families. They have been around since 1995, and have been one of the most vocal voices speaking out against transphobia in the UK, including showing the dangers that transphobia imposes upon our youth.
  • If you would like to donate to CDPR's native country of Poland, you can find the Trans-Fuzja Foundation website here. The Trans-Fuzja Foundation has been around since 2008, and is dedicated to the support of transgender people in Poland in many aspects of life and society, including politics.
We are your friends. We are your family members. We're your coworkers. We're the people you meet on the street. We're the essential workers who keep society running in a pandemic. We're everywhere. We're not some sort of freak or joke, and we're not going away.

I want to give major thanks to Uzzy for lending her talent, time, and effort in putting together graphics and material for this official thread. Without her, this would not have been possible on such short notice. I would also like to give a shout out and thanks to Kyuuji for allowing me to use images and links from her own thread for this posts.

harry the spy

Oct 25, 2017
Regarding endings :
the Arasaka ending is so good! I much prefer it to the nomad ending. I mean it's incredibly dark but it's an absolute hell of a ride.

PorcoLighto

Oct 25, 2017
So found a quest regarding a Vietnamese girl. They spelled her name wrong in a way that really common for foreigners to do regarding this particular name. Somehow I am not surprised.

xeroborn55

Oct 27, 2017
bought a 4k tv to go with my new 3070 and loaded up cyberpunk first. im mostly waiting for some more patches to hit before jumping in for real, but good lord those graphics are insane.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Finally, the jacket I've been waiting for:

haLjEE3.png

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
The second big patch should be out this month, right? I might just end up waiting again for it

mujun

Nov 1, 2017
The second big patch should be out this month, right? I might just end up waiting again for it

That is what they said the last time I heard anything. I'm sure that the chances are slim but I wish that they'd make the PS5 version look better. Even just the textures and resolution would be nice. The downgrades that have been implemented to help it run better on the PS4 irk me.

TissueBox

Oct 25, 2017
Urinated States of America
Eurgh. Near three months on, I still await news for any coming story expansion.

More of this game is needed. Sorely. Especially since there's really naught else to do once you've done it all once. :-p

As it is, we must sit through all the necessary bug remedies before getting to the meat that was promised.

You will remember the meat, right CDPR? You will remember it..!? *sniffle*

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
Eurgh. Near three months on, I still await news for any coming story expansion.

More of this game is needed. Sorely. Especially since there's really naught else to do once you've done it all once. :-p

As it is, we must sit through all the necessary bug remedies before getting to the meat that was promised.

You will remember the meat, right CDPR? You will remember it..!? *sniffle*
Don't expect an expansion before the next gen console updates. Probably aligned with that release or later. Which sucks.

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
So I now have the Achievements for finishing the Judy and Panam quest lines and I was shocked to see the completion percentage of both on Xbox.
34% of players have completed Panam's quest line but only 21% have gone through Judy's.

I'm kind of curious why the numbers shake out that way.

Theory 1: most players played male V and heard up front they couldn't romance Judy, so why try?

Theory 2: People just really liked Panam's abrasive, fly-off-the-handle rebellious nature compared to Judy's more laid back vibe?

Theory 3: Judy's side quests don't launch until after you've met a certain quest step on the main quest line, so she hasn't called many players yet to start her quest line?
you need to call Mr. Hands about getting together with the Voodoo Boys before Judy will ever call you. That mission was marked "high danger" or whatever for me, so I didn't call for a while causing Judy's chain to be delayed for a while.

Anyway, I think people are really missing out if they're skipping Judy's quests on purpose. Her final quest really resonated with me, even if V wasn't going to romance her. That and yeah... I just never really clicked with Panam. Every time I turn around she's just getting me into more trouble and then yelling about it when others call her on it.

Panam: Come on V, it'll be fiiiine! Help me kill ton of guys that stole from me.

V: Uh alright...

*30 minute gunfight in a cave ensues with 50 reloads because grenades and no cover or opportunity for stealth which was how I was playing the game successfully to this point*

Panam: Come on V, it'll be fiiiiine! We just need to save my boss I hate from the Raffens.

V: uh alright...you comin help?

Panam: Nah! I'm gonna stay out in the van. Wake me when you find Saul, choom.

*1 hour Metal Gear sneaking mission later "Fuck fuck fuck they're shouting at meeee!"

Panam: Come on V, it'll be fiiiiiine! Militech doesn't even NEED this tank... stealing it will be easy!

V: Against my better judgement... uh... alright.

Yeah. No thanks Panam. Pyramid Song was a much better way to finish things off with a character. And then after it's over,
you get to visit Judy and talk about more stuff at your shared apartment. Nice.

Last edited:

Galava

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Theory 3: Judy's side quests don't launch until after you've met a certain quest step on the main quest line, so she hasn't called many players yet to start her quest line?
In my case the Judy final questline took forever to trigger, had time to complete the entire map before Judy called like "hey V wanna do something?"

Maybe also people just chose poorly on the final Clouds mission and Judy stops calling, not sure how that works.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
I haven't had any game breaking bugs, but I can't ever seem to just sit and play through this without some odd bugs. Be it that I can't get my ride to show up, speech "bubble" text not going away, not being able to change camera angles anymore, theres always something broken. Again at least it's not game breaking stuff ever, but the whole game is such a mess

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
In my case the Judy final questline took forever to trigger, had time to complete the entire map before Judy called like "hey V wanna do something?"

Maybe also people just chose poorly on the final Clouds mission and Judy stops calling, not sure how that works.

Huh. I suppose I didn't realize there was a way to make a wrong choice other than "Judy I don't want any part of this". But I mean that seems rather obvious that if you want to continue on with Judy you wouldn't choose to back out.

But I checked IGN. You're right. Apparently if you ever try to take money from Judy when she offers or it or
side with Maiko
during the final Clouds mission, she ghosts you.

Which I think is rather interesting seeing as that if you go the route I did
and choose to liberate the dolls, during Pyramid Song she admits to you that only lead to everyone involved getting killed. Whoops.
I guess doing "the right thing" has unforeseen bad consequences sometimes. 🤷‍♂️

Galava

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I guess doing "the right thing" has unforeseen bad consequences sometimes. 🤷‍♂️
I think it's kinda sad that in order to have a good relationship with Judy in the end you need to pander her regarding on how to do the Clouds thing, even if it might not be the best option. Why can't I try to convince her that other choices can be good as well? I understand that she has every right to decide on how to approach it because it her fight, but not being able to talk to Judy on how to do it frustrates me a little.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a definitive word on what the three percentages are in the player menu?

I've cleared the entire map as far as gigs and police hustles and I don't have any more side quests. Only thing left is the point of no return story quest, but none of my percentages are at 100%. Don't want to miss anything.

I think it's kinda sad that in order to have a good relationship with Judy in the end you need to pander her regarding on how to do the Clouds thing, even if it might not be the best option. Why can't I try to convince her that other choices can be good as well? I understand that she has every right to decide on how to approach it because it her fight, but not being able to talk to Judy on how to do it frustrates me a little.
I romanced her by doing this:
Get maiko to run Clouds but don't accept her payment. Judy will be kinda mad but will still talk to you.

Eamon

Prophet of Truth
Apr 22, 2020
Hello everyone! Upon completing my first playthough, I have realized that I have apparently missed some pretty notable questlines and encounters. Seems like the following are the main ones:
  1. I apparently missed an amazing funeral scene for Jackie? I suppose this was due to my choice on how to handle his body.
  2. I missed meeting another one of the main side characters (and romance options), Kerry. When does one encounter them?
  3. I believe I also missed a funeral for Scorpion, one of the Nomads. I assume this was a missed phone call or text message?
Anything else that is easy to miss that I should incorporate into a second playthrough? I am thinking of doing one where I romance Judy, but I haven't decided yet.

Last edited:

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Hello everyone! Upon completing my first playthough, I have realized that I have apparently missed some pretty notable questlines and encounters. Seems like the following are the main ones:
  1. I apparently missed an amazing funeral scene for Jackie? I suppose this was due to my choice on how to handle his body.
  2. I missed meeting another one of the main side characters (and romance options), Kerry. When does one encounter them?
  3. I believe I also missed a funeral for Scorpion, one of the Nomads. I assume this was a missed phone call or text message?
Anything else that is easy to miss that I should incorporate into a second playthrough? I am thinking of doing one where I romance Judy, but I haven't decided yet.
Holy shit, that second one is a pretty big questline.

For me it didn't show up until near the end of the main story in Act 3.

I missed 2 on the way to 2 but still got the flair for my apartment ?!?!?!

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017

1. Depends on your choices regarding the body.
2. Is a late game side quest. It also runs for a while. So, if you want to do it all then you need to keep waiting days for it to progress.
3. I honestly can't remember.

Staf

Nov 7, 2017
Gothenburg, Sweden
Holt shit. I played the game on PS4 and I loved it to bits. Probably my GOTY. But yesterday I got a PS5 and it's like a whole new game. Can't believe how smooth it is lol!

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Been listening the score while walking to and off from work. Marcin Przybyłowicz does killer combat tunes, as is evident from his prior work too with the Witcher. Only problem is that I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be fighting or dancing, so damn good.

Plum

May 31, 2018
So I now have the Achievements for finishing the Judy and Panam quest lines and I was shocked to see the completion percentage of both on Xbox.
34% of players have completed Panam's quest line but only 21% have gone through Judy's.

Theory 1: most players played male V and heard up front they couldn't romance Judy, so why try?

Theory 2: People just really liked Panam's abrasive, fly-off-the-handle rebellious nature compared to Judy's more laid back vibe?

Theory 3: Judy's side quests don't launch until after you've met a certain quest step on the main quest line, so she hasn't called many players yet to start her quest line?[/SPOILER]

Yeah. No thanks Panam. Pyramid Song was a much better way to finish things off with a character. And then after it's over,

Maybe it's because the way they chose to dole out these side-quests is dumb as fuck. You either need to play for a long-ass time doing side-quests and such to pass a day in-game, or you need to intentionally wait 24 hours over and over again. Neither are really great for when you start receiving her quests in the campaign, especially considering how many of them there are.

Of course this is all hoping that it doesn't just break somewhere along the line as it did for me. You can do everything right and Judy still won't even call lol

dlemarc

Oct 31, 2017
IIRC, to get to Kerry's quests, you have to do Johnny's quest to find his burial site. I think this unlocks after Rogue's quest on the docks. Then Johnny wants to see Kerry.

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hi everyone. I haven't been following much of cyberpunk since launch. I know there were a ton of issues with bugs and such at release. My cyberpunk disk is still sitting in the unopened amazon bubble wrap. I don't have a playstation to play it on atm. My PS5 should arrive on Fri/Sat so I'm wondering how PS5 performance is now

Should I go ahead and play it on my PS5 when it gets here or would it be a better idea to wait for more patches? I obviously don't have a problem waiting a little while longer to get have an great experience I've waited pretty long already.

Thanks!

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
Hi everyone. I haven't been following much of cyberpunk since launch. I know there were a ton of issues with bugs and such at release. My cyberpunk disk is still sitting in the unopened amazon bubble wrap. I don't have a playstation to play it on atm. My PS5 should arrive on Fri/Sat so I'm wondering how PS5 performance is now

Should I go ahead and play it on my PS5 when it gets here or would it be a better idea to wait for more patches? I obviously don't have a problem waiting a little while longer to get have an great experience I've waited pretty long already.

Thanks!
We don't know the exact date but another patch is due to be released this month. Its supposed to be a major patch so just wait a little bit longer to see if it improves the state of the game.

pjl93

Jun 2, 2020
NJ
just finished it what a disappointment i don't get what anyone sees in this its so shallow the density is neat and judy is a great character but everything else is underwhelming to bad it all feels half baked

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
just finished it what a disappointment i don't get what anyone sees in this its so shallow the density is neat and judy is a great character but everything else is underwhelming to bad it all feels half baked

Hmm...

🤔

Is this post meant to be ironic? Is its lack of punctuation, which fails to let readers know when to breath or when one idea ends and the next begins, a metaphor for the breathlessly unfinished state of the game?

I personally think there's a lot to see in Cyberpunk 2077, even with its flaws. I feel it's the most fully realized game in the cyberpunk genre that lets me a taste a slice of what it might be like existing in a world close to that of Blade Runner or Ghost in the Shell.

For me, no other game has come as close as Cyberpunk 2077 at letting me touch that neon drenched future skyline. For example, Deus Ex and its sequel were nice, but their smaller scopes didn't scratch the itch for me.

Your mileage may vary.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Some of it does feel unfinished or half baked, but what's kept me going for 90 hours comes down to three things:

1) The combat is fun
2) The quests range from solid to great. And as someone who loves world building, this has a ton of it. Even minor gigs usually have some story or lore.
3) It looks amazing (on PC).

Dec 22, 2018

you need to call Mr. Hands about getting together with the Voodoo Boys before Judy will ever call you. That mission was marked "high danger" or whatever for me, so I didn't call for a while causing Judy's chain to be delayed for a while.

Anyway, I think people are really missing out if they're skipping Judy's quests on purpose. Her final quest really resonated with me, even if V wasn't going to romance her. That and yeah... I just never really clicked with Panam. Every time I turn around she's just getting me into more trouble and then yelling about it when others call her on it.

Panam: Come on V, it'll be fiiiine! Help me kill ton of guys that stole from me.

V: Uh alright...

*30 minute gunfight in a cave ensues with 50 reloads because grenades and no cover or opportunity for stealth which was how I was playing the game successfully to this point*

Panam: Come on V, it'll be fiiiiine! We just need to save my boss I hate from the Raffens.

V: uh alright...you comin help?

Panam: Nah! I'm gonna stay out in the van. Wake me when you find Saul, choom.

*1 hour Metal Gear sneaking mission later "Fuck fuck fuck they're shouting at meeee!"

Panam: Come on V, it'll be fiiiiiine! Militech doesn't even NEED this tank... stealing it will be easy!

V: Against my better judgement... uh... alright.

Most likely a mix of theories 1 and 3. Judy's Clouds quest-line took FOREVER to trigger for me. I was like 35 hours into the game before I got the call.

And yeah, while I like Panam a lot, I agree that
Pyramid Song was a triumph and maybe the most emotionally resonant side quest for me in the entire game. It got me thinking about my own childhood, and it made parting with Judy really bittersweet . . . even mildly depressing after I learned about the aftermath of the Clouds siege. It was a fantastic sendoff.

The only other side quest chain I found just as engaging were the Peralez missions . . . but those quests gripped me for entirely different reasons. I just love a good dose of intrigue and mind fuckery in my games.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Finally beat the game.

Romanced Judy, got the Aldacados to help me raid Arasaka, ditched Johnny in AI hell. The entire time I thought the game was going to pull the rug from under me and just have everyone killed since there were some story states I messed up on (I don't save scum), like completely missing Takamura, so he ended up dead.

I wonder if I could do something different so Johnny can get dumped into his own body or some ish but ehh. I'm tempted to load up my pre-point of no return save and go for a different ending, but I'm probably going to wait for everything to be patched up before so I can run through again with the Male V.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Finally beat it after 92 hours. Think I did every side quest / gig.

I really had an incredible time with it, despite some imperfections. Pretty interesting ending too. Darker than I was expecting. Will probably go back and try out a few other choices at the end.

I just hope we get more in this setting and with some of these characters. Whether that be DLC or a full blown sequel (ideally both).

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This game doesn't make a very good first impression. I'm playing on the PS5 and the visuals are ok, you can see the blurry background but the city looks the part. It's the gameplay and game systems that are putting me off. Everything feels very clunky, it's hard to figure out what you have to do and the moment-to-moment gameplay suffers from that. I just played the heist mission and the stealth and hacking didn't feel good. The entire time I was just thinking how I wish I was playing a new Deus Ex instead. But it's still very early on, once I get more used to the systems I'm hoping I can enjoy it more because the potential is there.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
If you're getting abnormally low FPS with RT enabled, go to the Nvidia control panel, 3D settings, choose Cyberpunk, and change the energy control mode to "prefer maximum performance".

I noticed that for some reason, with RT enabled my 3070 would drop from the normal 220W to a measly 150W or so. No wonder it was running badly with RT on. I did that and now it stays at 220W as it should with RT on. Weird issue.

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking about this game today because one of my friends was playing it and looked it up the playstation store and it's still not available. It will be two months on the 18th and so far no update on when it will be come back. Last update was middle of January when CD Projekt Red was saying talks about bringing it back on psn was happening. Now my question is when do you see the game being added back to psn? I think by the beginning of March we'll see it again.

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bugs and piss poor performance aside, it's a thoroughly average game through and through. No one is really missing anything from its absence.

Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow has it really been that long? Frankly I don't really think about the game much these days...might be a while before it returns is my guess. Maybe until the new generation versions are out.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
It's probably not going to be back until the devs have the game in a state where they can assure Sony that they won't be getting mass refund requests again.