• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Transistor

Vodka martini, dirty, with Tito's please
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Epileptic PSA: There are reports that animations and flashing lights in this game can cause seizures. Read this article for more information

Why is there controversy surrounding CD Projekt Red and Cyberpunk 2077?

CD Projekt Red has a history of transphobia. This is well documented at this point and not a matter of debate. Due to this context there is particular concern about transphobic or insensitive content in Cyberpunk 2077 itself, such as the decision to tie gender to voice in the character creator, and trans fetishization in illustrations in the game—and these are just examples from prerelease footage. Additionally, there have been concerns about racist imagery and stereotyping. This article goes into depth about some of these issues.

What incidents of transphobia have occurred surrounding the game and the company, and why are they hurtful?

This list will be updated over time as more examples come to light, especially as the game releases and more content is uncovered. If you wish to have something added to this list, please send me a DM and get my attention.

Why is ResetEra allowing an official thread for this game?

There has been a lot of discussion about whether there should even be an official thread for Cyberpunk 2077, and many points of view were considered for this decision. Ultimately, a thread like this can serve as a platform for minority concerns to be aired and discussed respectfully, and given appropriate attention. We've also heard from minority members, including some trans members, who have asked for a space where they can talk about the game without needing to worry about trolling and bigoted posting. We expect all posters in the thread to extend the consideration and empathy to give them that space. We will be moderating as strictly as necessary to make sure they do.

What can I do to help fight transphobia?

Transphobia exists in many aspects of our lives. From casual discrimination such as the continuous misuse of a person's preferred pronouns, to more serious ramifications such as housing being denied, legal rights being taken away, and being discriminated in the legal system. Every trans person either has experienced transphobia in their lives, or will experience transphobia at some point.

Moreover, transphobia is a systematic issue that is present in every level of our society. Politicians fight to take away our rights. Celebrities use coded language and religious justifications, if not outright hostility, in order to continue to deny our existence. Media continues to portray us as the butt of a joke, or acts like we're something to be fascinated by, rather than treated with respect.

Actions speak louder than words: Become active in your local politics, donate to transgender causes, stand up for these issues wherever they arise, and if you know transgender people in your life be there for them and support them.

Here are some pro-trans organizations around the world where you can make a donation and show your support
  • For those of you in the US, The Trevor Project is one of the leading LGBT organizations. They are dedicated to crisis intervention and suicide prevention for people who are in need of support, love, and care.
  • For those of you in the UK, Mermaids is dedicated to the support of transgender, non-binary, and gender-diverse children, young adults, and their families. They have been around since 1995, and have been one of the most vocal voices speaking out against transphobia in the UK, including showing the dangers that transphobia imposes upon our youth.
  • If you would like to donate to CDPR's native country of Poland, you can find the Trans-Fuzja Foundation website here. The Trans-Fuzja Foundation has been around since 2008, and is dedicated to the support of transgender people in Poland in many aspects of life and society, including politics.
We are your friends. We are your family members. We're your coworkers. We're the people you meet on the street. We're the essential workers who keep society running in a pandemic. We're everywhere. We're not some sort of freak or joke, and we're not going away.

I want to give major thanks to Uzzy for lending her talent, time, and effort in putting together graphics and material for this official thread. Without her, this would not have been possible on such short notice. I would also like to give a shout out and thanks to Kyuuji for allowing me to use images and links from her own thread for this posts.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
So far on Series X performance seems to be about the same. In Performance mode it was never locked 60fps to begin with...but i also have a VRR display so I don't notice it as much. Switching to Quality mode I still find a hard time telling the difference between the two modes..at times it looks cleaner other times it looks the same....but I love the smoothness of performance...in Quality they do have more AI cars and pedestrians.

What i did notice, when just outside of V's apartment is a lot less issues with AI cars crashing into random stuff just outside of the apartment. I let it run for a bit and only noticed one time where a big truck hit something. Prior to the 1.1 patch this was a regular occurance.

Still going back and forth on using Performance or Quality mode.

Going to test the PC version now to see how it runs.

Nekrono

May 17, 2018
'Major update patch' give me a break after reading the patch notes this is a hot fix just like the others.

I was expecting a 1.1 update to denote bigger changes than these, yeah this game won't be fully ready until 2022.

misho8723

Jan 7, 2018
Slovakia
People expecting CDPR to fix complex problems like the police AI and the NPCs and some other major problems or features are really serious? Those things take like really long time to fix.. you can't fix the AI just like that in one month - even worse now that pretty much everyone is working from home.. don't they understand that those things take some time? You can fix one thing but at the same time another 5 bugs can show up from nothing and I mean the Q&A needs to test out the fixes first..
People don't want the developers to be going again overwork or crunch time but yet at the same time they want immediate fixes.. let them atleast now work normal and without pressure

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
Is there an aspect ratio option now? I have a 3440x1440 and anything that isn't 21:9 just gets stretched across the screen :(. It also switches into borderless fullscreen or something on lower resolutions so native res is the only way for me to get gsync to work. I don't think Witcher 3 had any of these problems

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Reading the patch notes and it doesn't seem like they fixed any of the consistent bugs I encounter. Stuff like T-posing while driving.

Oct 27, 2017
ATL
If this game is in a polished state by the end of the year, I'd be surprised. I look forward to seeing the overall stability of the game is impacted with the big February patch that's planned.

Junker

Oct 27, 2017
I've seen a couple posts on Reddit about PS4 version being downgraded visually (crowds and cars). I'm playing on PS5 but can anyone confirm? I'm at work still but I don't know if I want to install this; it's a barren city as it is.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
There's a mission called "A Space Oddity" where you retrieve a painting from the desert (guarded by a number of guards). You can sell that painting at a drop point for $4000, exit the menu, reopen it and then buy it for $5. Sell and repeat. Even faster if you duplicate it 5x so you get the full $20,000 from it each cycle. Skip time ahead 24hrs to reset the money in the drop point.

So:
  • Sell painting to drop-box for $4000
  • Close and reopen the menu
  • Buy for $5
  • Repeat 1-3 until it's out of cash
  • Skip time 24hrs and start from the top
Save periodically if you're going for the millions since it's easy to accidentally skip time after forgetting to buy it back when you're repeating it a load.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I just started downloading the patch on PS5 right now. 16gigs! Curious to see if it's really improved the crashes. I haven't played it in about a week (mainly busy with work, but also wanting to play other stuff, and the frequent random crashes were super annoying).

I got about 20 minutes left for the patch to finish downloading, so I'll boot it up then. Just in time for me to finish my work shift!

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
www.superdataresearch.com

January 2021 worldwide digital games market — SuperData, a Nielsen Company

Worldwide digital games earnings rose by 15% year-over-year to reach $11.6B in January 2021. Revenue was up annually across all device types.

Cyberpunk 2077 had the biggest game launch of all time based on digital revenue and digital units sold (10.2M)*. A successful marketing campaign and the reputation of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt provided the hype necessary for the CD Projekt Red title to break records despite issues including performance problems on consoles, widespread glitches and the indefinite removal of the game from the PlayStation Store. An extremely high share of digital sales (80%) were on PC, likely due to the delisting on PlayStation and overall state of the console versions. Regardless of the short-term financial success, the critical backlash means the developer will now have to invest significant resources fixing the game in order to rehabilitate its image before the launch of its next title.

80% of the digital sales is on PC. No shock since the game is delisted on consoles, the state of the game on consoles, console makers allowing refund, and the PC digital pre-order were already at 60%

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Update broke the game for me on steam, as soon as I load in takemura calls me and just stares at me forever. Can't save or do anything. Seems others have this issue also.

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

damn when it drop? i was playing genshin all day lol

Nif

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I 100%ed last weekend. After maxing tech and crafting some amazing guns, I realized I was mostly done with the achievements, so I blew through the rest. The only difficult ones were the ones where you shoot a grenade in the air and the one where you have to super hero land and kill 2 enemies. The game was a bit of a slow burn for me at first, but I wound up spending 102 hours and most of the gameplay kept me engaged.

Used turbo on my controller to desynth sodas and craft sniper rifles for infinite money.

It feels good to be able to mark all the enemies in a room, then snipe them through walls with overwatch without triggering alarms. Also feels nice to do 500k headshots with silenced pistols. Comrade's Hammer was also a favorite. One bullet, but I had over 5000 DPS on that thing and was one-shotting big mechs.

Edit: Oh, also, armadillo mods are broken as hell. Craft as many of those as you can, and you can add almost 200 armor per armor slot. Wear a bunch of slotted armor, and I had essentially 3500 armor towards the end. I was just walking into bullets no problem.

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
Kay so after the patch, as soon as I load into my save I get a call from Takemura... I tried not answering it but it auto answers. It just shows his portrait and there's no dialog. I can't hang up the call. Being stuck in a call prevents you from using the fast travel stations and entering dialogs so I feel stuck. What can I do to get out of this? I'm on PS5 with 1.1

*edit* okay i'm seeing others with this issue. Sad :( I put off playing this game for the past two weeks waiting on a patch and the patch immediately broke my game, can't do shit until they fix this.

Last edited:

Oracle

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
After all the raves this game was getting in terms of graphics, I find control looks better ? I am playing on a 3080.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
There's a mission called "A Space Oddity" where you retrieve a painting from the desert (guarded by a number of guards). You can sell that painting at a drop point for $4000, exit the menu, reopen it and then buy it for $5. Sell and repeat. Even faster if you duplicate it 5x so you get the full $20,000 from it each cycle. Skip time ahead 24hrs to reset the money in the drop point.

So:
  • Sell painting to drop-box for $4000
  • Close and reopen the menu
  • Buy for $5
  • Repeat 1-3 until it's out of cash
  • Skip time 24hrs and start from the top
Save periodically if you're going for the millions since it's easy to accidentally skip time after forgetting to buy it back when you're repeating it a load.

Thanks.

flipswitch

Oct 25, 2017
I just started downloading the patch on PS5 right now. 16gigs! Curious to see if it's really improved the crashes. I haven't played it in about a week (mainly busy with work, but also wanting to play other stuff, and the frequent random crashes were super annoying).

I got about 20 minutes left for the patch to finish downloading, so I'll boot it up then. Just in time for me to finish my work shift!

All patches released on PS5 have been this size. I will give it a go shortly, still downloading it.

I hope they fix the random crashes and better performance in busier sections where it drops.

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like that takemura bug is pretty wide spread. What a shit show...there's no way they couldn't have missed it when testing so they had to have made the decision to release it like that.

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
Did the map always show "Primary gang" for each district when you zoom out enough? I'm just noticing it now.

Darkwing-Buck

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
they definitely thinned out the crowds, only hopped on 5 min in doing a takemura mission (gimme danger)

but framerate seems like a solid 60 on ps5, i'll give an update when i go into heavy combat or a crashing hot spot

Darkwing-Buck

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
So i'm on PS5 and although there are still drops well below 60 in the *populated areas*, I haven't had a crash yet.

I've been sprinting and super jumping around the markets and misty's street to trigger a freeze but I haven't had it happen yet. Usually it happens when i'm 40 min in a game and in a hot spot, but an hour and a half in nothing has happened.

Also, I do notice a small performance boost in some places where I remember there being drops. Like the area where you meet takemura on a bridge is smoother then I remember. The fight at Arasaka Industrial was pretty smooth too all things considering. It dropped below 60 only a couple of times I think.

I'll test it more tmrw or someone else here can give updates if it's still the same.

Last edited:

Noscusen

Dec 19, 2020
So i'm on PS5 and although there are still drops well below 60 in the *populated areas*, I haven't had a crash yet.

I've been sprinting and super jumping around the markets and misty's street to trigger a freeze but I haven't had it happen yet. Usually it happens when i'm 40 min in a game and in a hot spot, but an hour and a half in nothing has happened.

Also, I do notice a small performance boost in some places where I remember there being drops. Like the area where you meet takemura on a bridge is smoother then I remember. The fight at Arasaka Industrial was pretty smooth too all things considering. It dropped below 60 only a couple of times I think.

I'll test it more tmrw or someone else here can give updates if it's still the same.
Before the patch it starts to crash after like 2 hours.

mujun

Nov 1, 2017
This is the second time they've made the game look worse for people on PS5 so that the game will run better on the PS4. it fucking sucks. I think it looks noticeably worse after the patch today.

Oct 25, 2017
Takemura bug seems to be hitting alot of people on all systems. He'll randomly call you and it won't go away. Basically soft locking the game since you can't do anything with him still on the line. Wait for a hotfix before you update.

Tremorah

Dec 3, 2018
Update broke the game for me on steam, as soon as I load in takemura calls me and just stares at me forever. Can't save or do anything. Seems others have this issue also.

Well shit, thats not good, just updating so im guessing i shouldnt even launch the game and see what they did, huh

Post launch support after the shitstorm shouldnt really be this bad, they need to do a lot better