• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Transistor

Vodka martini, dirty, with Tito's please
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Epileptic PSA: There are reports that animations and flashing lights in this game can cause seizures. Read this article for more information

Why is there controversy surrounding CD Projekt Red and Cyberpunk 2077?

CD Projekt Red has a history of transphobia. This is well documented at this point and not a matter of debate. Due to this context there is particular concern about transphobic or insensitive content in Cyberpunk 2077 itself, such as the decision to tie gender to voice in the character creator, and trans fetishization in illustrations in the game—and these are just examples from prerelease footage. Additionally, there have been concerns about racist imagery and stereotyping. This article goes into depth about some of these issues.

What incidents of transphobia have occurred surrounding the game and the company, and why are they hurtful?

This list will be updated over time as more examples come to light, especially as the game releases and more content is uncovered. If you wish to have something added to this list, please send me a DM and get my attention.

Why is ResetEra allowing an official thread for this game?

There has been a lot of discussion about whether there should even be an official thread for Cyberpunk 2077, and many points of view were considered for this decision. Ultimately, a thread like this can serve as a platform for minority concerns to be aired and discussed respectfully, and given appropriate attention. We've also heard from minority members, including some trans members, who have asked for a space where they can talk about the game without needing to worry about trolling and bigoted posting. We expect all posters in the thread to extend the consideration and empathy to give them that space. We will be moderating as strictly as necessary to make sure they do.

What can I do to help fight transphobia?

Transphobia exists in many aspects of our lives. From casual discrimination such as the continuous misuse of a person's preferred pronouns, to more serious ramifications such as housing being denied, legal rights being taken away, and being discriminated in the legal system. Every trans person either has experienced transphobia in their lives, or will experience transphobia at some point.

Moreover, transphobia is a systematic issue that is present in every level of our society. Politicians fight to take away our rights. Celebrities use coded language and religious justifications, if not outright hostility, in order to continue to deny our existence. Media continues to portray us as the butt of a joke, or acts like we're something to be fascinated by, rather than treated with respect.

Actions speak louder than words: Become active in your local politics, donate to transgender causes, stand up for these issues wherever they arise, and if you know transgender people in your life be there for them and support them.

Here are some pro-trans organizations around the world where you can make a donation and show your support
  • For those of you in the US, The Trevor Project is one of the leading LGBT organizations. They are dedicated to crisis intervention and suicide prevention for people who are in need of support, love, and care.
  • For those of you in the UK, Mermaids is dedicated to the support of transgender, non-binary, and gender-diverse children, young adults, and their families. They have been around since 1995, and have been one of the most vocal voices speaking out against transphobia in the UK, including showing the dangers that transphobia imposes upon our youth.
  • If you would like to donate to CDPR's native country of Poland, you can find the Trans-Fuzja Foundation website here. The Trans-Fuzja Foundation has been around since 2008, and is dedicated to the support of transgender people in Poland in many aspects of life and society, including politics.
We are your friends. We are your family members. We're your coworkers. We're the people you meet on the street. We're the essential workers who keep society running in a pandemic. We're everywhere. We're not some sort of freak or joke, and we're not going away.

I want to give major thanks to Uzzy for lending her talent, time, and effort in putting together graphics and material for this official thread. Without her, this would not have been possible on such short notice. I would also like to give a shout out and thanks to Kyuuji for allowing me to use images and links from her own thread for this posts.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
Doing a side gig I found a Legendary mono wire. Sweet.

I'm confused by the big sleep perk though. Cameras are going off as soon as I enter the area. I thought it was supposed to passively disable them.

Nif

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My crafted legendary Comrade's Hammer has a DPS of 5,484.1. That seems really high. It's nice to do almost 200k damage through walls, though.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Doing a side gig I found a Legendary mono wire. Sweet.

I'm confused by the big sleep perk though. Cameras are going off as soon as I enter the area. I thought it was supposed to passively disable them.

Check your cyberwear, might be something else causing that? It's meant to unlock a daemon you use in the breach protocol minigame to disable cameras.

Oct 27, 2017
I realized after a second playthrough where I romanced Panam that my first game where I sided with Saul (and snitched on Panam) is completely bugged.

On the map I still have the waypoint to the mobile camp:
lczrLqy.jpg

When I get there, the camp is gone, but there are still the weapon vendor, some npcs around a table and a floating ripperdoc (have to jump to interact with him):
kCVeih3.jpg

If I go where the camp should normally move:
GEKWCF2.jpg

There I can talk with Teddy, Cassidy and Carol and a floating Saul, but no camp:
UEcqOiu.jpg

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Man, when this game decides to fuck up it really fucks up. I did the 'Riders on the Storm' mission today and I had:

- Mission points failing to trigger, forcing a reload to five minutes earlier
- Random deaths out of nowhere
- The 'Item Description staying on screen' bug, forcing a reload
- Deaths sending me to the beginning of the main bit of the mission despite getting to a checkpoint
- 'Relic Malfunction' that keeps malfunctioning forever

I am definitely enjoying what I've played so far (40 hours don't really lie tbh), but damn does Cyberpunk make itself hard to love at times.

Panam's missions are the buggiest ones in the game.

Horns

Dec 7, 2018
Had to reload a game save during a Panam mission. It wouldn't allow the dialogue to start. Agree that those are where I encountered the most bugs. I've done most of the side content and haven't had issues with missions since then.

Staf

Nov 7, 2017
Gothenburg, Sweden
I wonder what the story in any future DLC is going to be about. Maybe it will be about
Mr. Blue eyes
?

That would be cool, one of the best side quests in the game.

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Looks like I'll reinstall in 2022 then if they can manage to make this worth finishing, but I'm not holding my breath. The PS1/PS2 level AI is fucking dire, and I'm not exactly sure how they're going to change the fact that game's systems break after level 20/25. They probably won't.

Way to fucking burn every year of credibility you ever had CDPR, I hope it was worth it! I didn't think I could play a worse game at launch than Devil May Cry 2, but here we are.

Maybe with two years of patches they'll add the "RPG" back into its description 😂 I'm pressing X to doubt though, their choice system is fundamentally fucking empty, as is the world and its enemies, so probably not much to improve there either.

TissueBox

Oct 25, 2017
Urinated States of America
Looks like I'll reinstall in 2022 then if they can manage to make this worth finishing, but I'm not holding my breath. The PS1/PS2 level AI is fucking dire, and I'm not exactly sure how they're going to change the fact that game's systems break after level 20/25. They probably won't.

Way to fucking burn every year of credibility you ever had CDPR, I hope it was worth it! I didn't think I could play a worse game at launch than Devil May Cry 2, but here we are.

Maybe with two years of patches they'll add the "RPG" back into its description 😂 I'm pressing X to doubt though, their choice system is fundamentally fucking empty, as is the world and its enemies, so probably not much to improve there either.

They made a game that, if it weren't for some deceptive smoke and mirrors, would be one of the greatest first person adventures of the eighth generation. Cyberpunk may not be their most polished or complete work, and is an utter waste of potential at times, but it's their best game yet. ^^'

(Aka, whatever the future is, what we got was unforgettable, and narratively refreshing, after the staleness of TW3. I would hope they continue in this direction. Big, bold, ambitious, if flawed, game design -- because it's still more interesting, more productive, more substantial than open world doc #7702.

Though I have the feeling they may take to backing down, which would be unfortunate, but not unreasonable. Cyberpunk simultaneously represents the end and start of an era. Can the future be so golden? Who can say, who can say.)

Last edited:

Skade

Oct 28, 2017

A rather mysterious figure with constant flashing Blue Eyes you can see and interact with during one of the epilogues, can be seen covertly observing a discussion between you and Mr Peralez (and probably the guy calling to threaten you) and most likely tied to Gary's quest and conspiracies.

I'd say that's it's probably some dude remotely controlled by a rogue IA that have some grand secret plan. Wich could lead to some DLC akin to the Gaunter O'Dimm one in The Witcher 3.

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
A rather mysterious figure with constant flashing Blue Eyes you can see and interact with during one of the epilogues, can be seen covertly observing a discussion between you and Mr Peralez (and probably the guy calling to threaten you) and most likely tied to Gary's quest and conspiracies.

I'd say that's it's probably some dude remotely controlled by a rogue IA that have some grand secret plan. Wich could lead to some DLC akin to the Gaunter O'Dimm one in The Witcher 3.

Wow, never noticed this person outside of the threat you mentioned.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
This game is such a broken and unfinished piece of sh..., but i can't help and say i love it.

After 88 hours in Act 2 i'm just happy that i like it as much as i do.

Deleted member 2317

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
but it's their best game yet. ^^'
As someone who enjoyed the Witcher games, no, I don't think I can agree with that. I even think the cyberpunk niche within science fiction is a billions times more interesting than fantasy hack and slash but lo, the RPG and story mechanics in the Witcher games make this game outright weep.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Witcher 2 story mechanics maybe, but CP story mechanics are far better than witcher 3's

Also I fucking love this games RPG mechanics, one of my absolute favorites ever. Sure balance is non existent, but thats whats so fucking fun to me. It harkens back to an older era of RPGs where you just have a million options to build your character and each lead to a different broken ass path.

Butch

Oct 27, 2017
Finally finished it, 100 hours in. I feel empty and sad with the final I got, at the same time I love it and think it fits, if it makes any sense. The characters are clearly the best about this game, I'll remember all of them for a really long time.

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
Huge thread so hard to know but does anyone have any info on the armor glitch. I've seen on Reddit many have the same issue as me, at some point armor stats just stopped working. Doesn't matter if I am naked or have 1000 armor, I always lose like 70% of life from any shot. I have no found what causes or what fixes this online.

Anyone have any info on this. It's sucks to have an entire game system not work and all enemies are basically exactly the same now regardless of level.

Oct 25, 2017
Huge thread so hard to know but does anyone have any info on the armor glitch. I've seen on Reddit many have the same issue as me, at some point armor stats just stopped working. Doesn't matter if I am naked or have 1000 armor, I always lose like 70% of life from any shot. I have no found what causes or what fixes this online.

Anyone have any info on this. It's sucks to have an entire game system not work and all enemies are basically exactly the same now regardless of level.
I know level scaling will also affect damage taken. The Suicide Mission ending was doing 2 shot kills to me despite 6000 armor. Once I hit level 50 that mission was a cake walk.

Other than that, not sure.

Noscusen

Dec 19, 2020
I hope the january patch fixes the crashing issue on ps5. I really want to repeat the game for the second time but crashes on my first playthrought were very frustating.

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
I've cleared all the side and ncpd quests in Watson, but can't get the achievement to pop. Anyone else experience this issue?

I also just wanted to voice my frustration with random deaths (fall deaths) when walking over geometry with an edge. I died just by walking on a pile of trash. They seriously need to fix this game.

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
I've cleared all the side and ncpd quests in Watson, but can't get the achievement to pop. Anyone else experience this issue?

I also just wanted to voice my frustration with random deaths (fall deaths) when walking over geometry with an edge. I died just by walking on a pile of trash. They seriously need to fix this game.

As I cleared the rest of the map, eventually the achievement popped for me.

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

You have max street cred and tried different times of day to activate certain ncpd jobs?

Also some ncpd quests will start in another region and conclude somewhere else and I think those count.

:cc

Jan 4, 2021

Getting to that damn taxi in the junkyard for the Del quest infuriated me. I approached the area off the beaten path (since I usually don't play with the minimap) and died around ten times from just walking over trash. Fall deaths are ridiculously broken in this game.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
Getting to that damn taxi in the junkyard for the Del quest infuriated me. I approached the area off the beaten path (since I usually don't play with the minimap) and died around ten times from just walking over trash. Fall deaths are ridiculously broken in this game.

Slopes are broken in general. Try going on a railing near the side of it and your speed shoots really high. I don't think there was an upper limit to the speed or detection on the speed for some down slopes in the game.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Have there been any in depth analysis videos on Cyberpunk's story yet? I know Curio is doing one at some point, but who else?

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
finished it after roughly 100 hours, cleared all of the map, I just love this city, I never felt that immersed in a city ever I think, I did not want to leave.

I already loved this game, the art design, the story, the character, the gameplay, everything clicked for me. I just want to point out one more time how great the hacking is in this game. as someone who usually plays casters, this is such unique, fun and satisfying gameplay. extremely well done. but in thos 100 hours I also often used guns just for some variety and the gunplay is really fun, too. while witcher 3 had the textbook definiton of "servicable" gameplay, cyberpunk is a huge step forward in that department.

now the endings, I have seen three so far and will get the others, too. but they made me love the game even more. the story missions are the highlights in this game with impressive set pieces, dialogue, character moments and honestly a really good cyberpunk story.

around the 50 hour mark I got a bit burnt out but it picked up the pace again and I can honestly say that this is a better game than witcher 3 and my personal game of the generation. as kerry put it: you can't forget night city, I hope we'll get super meaty expansions down the line in the vein of hearts of stone and blood and wine.

zyvorg

Oct 25, 2017
So I have been keeping away from the thread to avoid spoilers but I just got the "no return" warning on a main mission and I guess I completely messed up by playing on easy.

After 29 hours, it felt like I was just starting to properly level up and acquire money, I was never really able to afford a car since I was saving for the double jump Aug.

Speaking of augs, pretty much all of them are unavailable for purchase since they are locked behind requirements, and its not like I was just mainlining the game.

Same thing with the perks, I barely ever had enough to buy much of anything.

The progression feels completely wrong in easy imho, very sad to see the game end honestly, it took until the 20th hour for it to click and based on the progression I was misled to its length, what a flawed gem this game is.

Hystzen

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester UK
It sad all the good stuff in game will be ignored because of the drama around the game. The game has a heart and soul with its writing great atmosphere and art design just hidden behind wonky performance not great ai and terrible advertising artwork.

Deleted member 2317

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I actually thought the main story was merely OK, serviceable at best... Everyone should read Neuromancer and Hyperion if they thought this was an interesting tale, and those books have been around for decades. Shoutouts to Akira and Ghost in the Shell too.

Witcher 2 story mechanics maybe, but CP story mechanics are far better than witcher 3's
I was thinking specifically 2 and 1 yes. The murder mystery presented in Act 2 of Witcher 1 remains one of the best they've ever done imho.

Also an aside, I think the best RPGs involve strict class balance so you specifically can't be OP in every area, just those you specialize in. I don't want be a broken OP god, I want to have a chance to lose quests and bosses because I didn't spec the right way or think hard enough about other solutions.[/QUOTE]

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Finished the story

was quite happy with the ending. Did the last part with Panam, left johnny and moved out of night city.
I must say it feels abit "cheap" that the game lets you into night city again but just with the save before visiting Embers. I dont know. I mean feels abit weird. To be in night city just now with everything that happened but i am now playing right before it happened. Wished they let us into night city after the ending it affecting things also.

fcca3b03-e258-4d96-a439-2563acbc67ae.PNG

Jan 4, 2018
Just entered Act 3 and I'm only level 24, what's a good way to level up because I've really been wanting to try out a play style but I don't have nearly enough invested perk points to make it shine

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I got this as a gift. Which voice should I play with? I've seen some comparisons and Male V sounds pretty bad so I'm leaning towards Female V. I played as Kassandra in Odyssey and loved it, if that's a useful data point here.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
I got this as a gift. Which voice should I play with? I've seen some comparisons and Male V sounds pretty bad so I'm leaning towards Female V. I played as Kassandra in Odyssey and loved it, if that's a useful data point here.
Female V is great. She's played by Cherami Leigh, one of the finest voice actors around.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK

So good.

Strong recommendation for the female VA here too. Cherami Leigh is great.

TissueBox

Oct 25, 2017
Urinated States of America
Cherami is like cheating. Loved, loved her performance.

So much of this game is so easy to let fall into cheese. The voice work is consistently great enough to keep it afloat. Most of the time. Sometimes, the writing really does just take a wanton dip into inanity -- no matter what the voice actors try to do with it.

But when it hits -- it's a gotdamn miracle choom.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Cherami is like cheating. Loved, loved her performance.

So much of this game is so easy to let fall into cheese. The voice work is consistently great enough to keep it afloat. Most of the time. Sometimes, the writing really does just take a wanton dip into inanity -- no matter what the voice actors try to do with it.

But when it hits -- it's a gotdamn miracle choom.

It's so weird the way development priority was handled in this game. Like, side gigs are the most "disposable" missions yet they are often packed with unique content that most players will never see. Meanwhile, more mainline missions and side missions have more narrative but less variety in terms of mission and level design. I just did a small side gig to steal some information off a computer about person throwing wild parties on their yacht. The computer isn't on the yacht, its in a building on the dock. There is no reason to enter the yacht for the side gig. I complete the quest all stealth like for optional bonus. Yet afterwards I'm like, "I wonder if I can enter the yacht?"

Yes, you can. Inside there's some epic loot and Johnny appears to spout some lines about rich people. Meanwhile all I'm thinking is, "that's a lot of work for something no one has to see." Complete unique asset for yacht, plus unique interior, plus Keanu dialog. And, you absolutely do not have to go there. You aren't even prompted to go there. And this is all in a side gig, the throwaway missions. Yet, main missions will often lack some of this touch.

I often wonder if certain side gigs were missions planned for the main campaign but just couldn't be worked in or finished and were then reorganized as side gigs.

Plum

May 31, 2018
It's so weird the way development priority was handled in this game. Like, side gigs are the most "disposable" missions yet they are often packed with unique content that most players will never see. Meanwhile, more mainline missions and side missions have more narrative but less variety in terms of mission and level design. I just did a small side gig to steal some information off a computer about person throwing wild parties on their yacht. The computer isn't on the yacht, its in a building on the dock. There is no reason to enter the yacht for the side gig. I complete the quest all stealth like for optional bonus. Yet afterwards I'm like, "I wonder if I can enter the yacht?"

Yes, you can. Inside there's some epic loot and Johnny appears to spout some lines about rich people. Meanwhile all I'm thinking is, "that's a lot of work for something no one has to see." Complete unique asset for yacht, plus unique interior, plus Keanu dialog. And, you absolutely do not have to go there. You aren't even prompted to go there. And this is all in a side gig, the throwaway missions. Yet, main missions will often lack some of this touch.

I often wonder if certain side gigs were missions planned for the main campaign but just couldn't be worked in or finished and were then reorganized as side gigs.

What baffles me is that they didn't put some more side gigs at the beginning of the game.

V's entire rise from nobody to 'The Big Leagues' is glossed over in a cutscene, and you pretty much just go on three missions with Jackie before he dies. There's practically no room for any character development as the story goes into full-gear the instance you step foot out of your apartment for the first time. So Jackie's death and V's rise-to-fame are given nowhere near the emotional weight they really needed, and it could have all been fixed had we actually had time to see Jackie and V in a context that isn't just the main plot.

I mean the game's story is very good so far, but it's pacing and overall flow is the worst I've seen since God of War 2018. It's honestly a massive step back from The Witcher 3 and even that game had its fair share of issues.

Feminine-voiced V for sure, and for most of the same reasons why Kassandra is the best choice in Odyssey. Both give their characters massive amounts of range where their male counterparts are much more focused on sounding 'cool' all the time. I honestly don't know whether I'd want to do another playthrough with Masculine V even if just for variety's sake; Cherami Leigh is just that good.

Also, go Street Kid. It makes the most sense for the game's themes, its story, and even V themselves.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
What baffles me is that they didn't put some more side gigs at the beginning of the game.

V's entire rise from nobody to 'The Big Leagues' is glossed over in a cutscene, and you pretty much just go on three missions with Jackie before he dies. There's practically no room for any character development as the story goes into full-gear the instance you step foot out of your apartment for the first time. So Jackie's death and V's rise-to-fame are given nowhere near the emotional weight they really needed, and it could have all been fixed had we actually had time to see Jackie and V in a context that isn't just the main plot.

I mean the game's story is very good so far, but it's pacing and overall flow is the worst I've seen since God of War 2018. It's honestly a massive step back from The Witcher 3 and even that game had its fair share of issues.

Feminine-voiced V for sure, and for most of the same reasons why Kassandra is the best choice in Odyssey. Both give their characters massive amounts of range where their male counterparts are much more focused on sounding 'cool' all the time. I honestly don't know whether I'd want to do another playthrough with Masculine V even if just for variety's sake; Cherami Leigh is just that good.

Also, go Street Kid. It makes the most sense for the game's themes, its story, and even V themselves.

The side gigs at the start were almost certainly just cut content that got put into the 6 month montage.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
Just finished the racing with Claire.

The sticker on her car was subtly, and then she confirms in a conversation.

Cool enough character. Would have liked 2 cars, but I'll settle for the Beast.