• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Transistor

Vodka martini, dirty, with Tito's please
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Epileptic PSA: There are reports that animations and flashing lights in this game can cause seizures. Read this article for more information

Why is there controversy surrounding CD Projekt Red and Cyberpunk 2077?

CD Projekt Red has a history of transphobia. This is well documented at this point and not a matter of debate. Due to this context there is particular concern about transphobic or insensitive content in Cyberpunk 2077 itself, such as the decision to tie gender to voice in the character creator, and trans fetishization in illustrations in the game—and these are just examples from prerelease footage. Additionally, there have been concerns about racist imagery and stereotyping. This article goes into depth about some of these issues.

What incidents of transphobia have occurred surrounding the game and the company, and why are they hurtful?

This list will be updated over time as more examples come to light, especially as the game releases and more content is uncovered. If you wish to have something added to this list, please send me a DM and get my attention.

Why is ResetEra allowing an official thread for this game?

There has been a lot of discussion about whether there should even be an official thread for Cyberpunk 2077, and many points of view were considered for this decision. Ultimately, a thread like this can serve as a platform for minority concerns to be aired and discussed respectfully, and given appropriate attention. We've also heard from minority members, including some trans members, who have asked for a space where they can talk about the game without needing to worry about trolling and bigoted posting. We expect all posters in the thread to extend the consideration and empathy to give them that space. We will be moderating as strictly as necessary to make sure they do.

What can I do to help fight transphobia?

Transphobia exists in many aspects of our lives. From casual discrimination such as the continuous misuse of a person's preferred pronouns, to more serious ramifications such as housing being denied, legal rights being taken away, and being discriminated in the legal system. Every trans person either has experienced transphobia in their lives, or will experience transphobia at some point.

Moreover, transphobia is a systematic issue that is present in every level of our society. Politicians fight to take away our rights. Celebrities use coded language and religious justifications, if not outright hostility, in order to continue to deny our existence. Media continues to portray us as the butt of a joke, or acts like we're something to be fascinated by, rather than treated with respect.

Actions speak louder than words: Become active in your local politics, donate to transgender causes, stand up for these issues wherever they arise, and if you know transgender people in your life be there for them and support them.

Here are some pro-trans organizations around the world where you can make a donation and show your support
  • For those of you in the US, The Trevor Project is one of the leading LGBT organizations. They are dedicated to crisis intervention and suicide prevention for people who are in need of support, love, and care.
  • For those of you in the UK, Mermaids is dedicated to the support of transgender, non-binary, and gender-diverse children, young adults, and their families. They have been around since 1995, and have been one of the most vocal voices speaking out against transphobia in the UK, including showing the dangers that transphobia imposes upon our youth.
  • If you would like to donate to CDPR's native country of Poland, you can find the Trans-Fuzja Foundation website here. The Trans-Fuzja Foundation has been around since 2008, and is dedicated to the support of transgender people in Poland in many aspects of life and society, including politics.
We are your friends. We are your family members. We're your coworkers. We're the people you meet on the street. We're the essential workers who keep society running in a pandemic. We're everywhere. We're not some sort of freak or joke, and we're not going away.

I want to give major thanks to Uzzy for lending her talent, time, and effort in putting together graphics and material for this official thread. Without her, this would not have been possible on such short notice. I would also like to give a shout out and thanks to Kyuuji for allowing me to use images and links from her own thread for this posts.

Phoenix Down

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Definitely. Check everyday hoping to see a new patch though I wouldn't be surprised if the Jan. and Feb. patches come out towards the end of their respective months.

Unless you're playing on previous gen consoles or are having a lot of bugs/crashes, I suspect the next couple patches won't do much as they are likely focusing on fixing the game breaking issues. We probably won't see a lot of QoL changes/additions for a while, at least till the base game works smoothly across all platforms.

As someone posted earlier, it would be nice if they at least released a roadmap so that people know exactly what to expect in the upcoming patches.

I am playing on PS5. I just hope the next patches solve the game from crashing so much. I keep loosing progress. The game is soo fun though.

:cc

Jan 4, 2021
I am playing on PS5. I just hope the next patches solve the game from crashing so much. I keep loosing progress. The game is soo fun though.

I'm playing on PC, so I'm more fortunate in that regard. Across four separate playthroughs, I've only encountered one game-breaking bug (at least so far 🤞).

As much as I might want QoL fixes and new content, it's infinitely more important they fix the crashing and game-breaking bugs so that people like you can actually enjoy the base game without issue. Given the negative response the from press, investors, and some gamers over the crashes/bugs, I can't imagine anything but fixing the base game to be their priority. Hopefully by the end of the month, you'll be able to play crash free.

Who knows, maybe the next-gen patch will come out shortly afterwards so you can play the game to your hardware's full extent.

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Finally played for a few hours after stopping for the holidays.

I completed a few main missions at the start of Act 2 and i am kinda lost on the story right now.

I also got the Epic Reinforced ankles for the charged jump and i don't like it?For the normal charged jump you hold the button and you jump really fast but with this upgrade you just float slowly (but you do go farther and higher i guess).So for me that doesn't work because i want to run around the city and jump really fast and high.I guess i might use it only when i want to explore some difficult to reach places but for normal use i prefer the original jump.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Wow this thread is crawling. My guess is everyone is waiting for the patches.
Yeah I'm waiting on some kind of news regarding future patches while also trying to avoid any kind of spoilers if possible. On PS5 here and I expected a much better experience at launch, but I don't mind waiting for them to improve it.

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
That also the topic got moved out of Gaming main and into Gaming Hangouts, so if you weren't subscribed, less likely to stumble across the topic.
Hah, didn't even notice this happened.

As for me, I've done everything there is to do in the game, as far as I was able to find. I'll make another run at it when a few patches hit and maybe when some DLC hits.

Oct 25, 2017
I know most people decided to get refunds, but I'm still keeping my copying only because I want to play the upgrade versions and see what drastic changes are made.

mujun

Nov 1, 2017
I just did the gig (side job?) where you "help" the Aldecaldos negotiate with Maelstrom. I thought that I was going to fuck it up but managed to smooth things over. So many cool brief missions like this.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Guess we aren't getting a paid expansion until 2022

Yeah, I'd be surprised if we ever got one at this point. They're clearly going to work on improving things, but more sizable content being shelved for Witcher 4 and the internet loving them again must be really tempting for them right now.

TissueBox

Oct 25, 2017
Urinated States of America
Yeah, I'd be surprised if we ever got one at this point. They're clearly going to work on improving things, but more sizable content being shelved for Witcher 4 and the internet loving them again must be really tempting for them right now.

Must there be another Witcher? O, hear, o hear, must there?

There's plenty more story to tell in the Witcher universe post-Geralt, but I feel like they've done what they can with it and it was fair. I just hope they don't forget the opportunities of a new IP/setting and/or something like Cyberpunk.

But again, as I'd opined before, I'm sure things have changed since the Cyberpunk launch fiasco. Whatever CDPR was before, whatever the trajectory may have been, routes may have gone slightly wayward.

This is why I held all of the promises that people were talking about (of multiplayer, single-player expansions 'inspired' by their work on Blood and Wine, et al) with a grain of salt. Obviously, they had announced this before the legal investigations, refunding, inner unrest, etc. Once they're done patching this game up, time will tell where Cyberpunk goes, or whether they'll truly continue to support it and make it feel like the evolving, breathing world they had said they intended to sustain over the coming year.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the game today and it was magnificent throughout. I really loved it. Amazingly memorable characters, a great atmosphere, addicting gameplay, and a story that was overall pretty interesting. I also liked the way it was structured. Feels like it'd be less daunting to go through again whenever that happens for me. I did most of the side stuff and ended at about 65 hours so it felt substantial enough.

I played it on a base PS4 and it didn't bother me too much. I did have far more crashes than any other game I've played so obviously they need to fix their shit, but at the same time I didn't ever lose any progress more than a minute or two it seemed. There was always a save right near. I thought the graphics were fine. There's a lot of beauty in the game. Only thing I think I missed out on was the crowd density really. It does feel pretty abandoned at times on the base consoles.

Really hope we get more big expansions in this world. I really want to see more and do more.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
Very weird how The Hunt quest, with River plays out.

Its the serial kidnapper/ killer case, I'll spoil :

you get the news that Peter Pan got shot during a traffic stop, but its a clue about River's nephew. You first go to the brain dance dream lab, then search in the nephew's place, find the PC and trace back to the site of the killer. Then you get the call from the lab, explore 3 brain dances and get the location of the farm.

If you have a high enough Intel you can crack open the PC and then trace back the IP of the site... But it doesn't do anything.

Only thing you can do to shortcut this quest in if you been, while exploring, to the farm before, V will say " I know this place " and the last brain dance then only require a single analyze to be completed.

Its weird because : why go to the lab BEFORE exploring the nephew's room.

If you can hack and IP trace the farm, why bother with the lab and the brain dance.

I was so disapointed because the more I think about this quest, the more missed opportunity of a fallout hack / shortcut quest it could have been.

Imagine : find the nephew's laptop : double intel check : open it, trace ip : get the farm location : go to farm.

You'd skip the lab visit, the brain dances (boring shit to redo during multiple playthroughs, same for the EV / Judy tutorial and Konpeki brain dances that have 0 consequences on the way the mission happens btw)

I have the same findings with the Clouds mission. I try to avoid the main desk, jacking in and be matched with a doll. I knew you could get in and skip the doll part. So I tried to skip the front desk. I could get in and interact with the usual clues but the quest isnt made to be done this way so the office of the manager is locked and you can't progress even if you find all the clues.

Its a bit sad that the structure is only just a big illusion of choice. Litterally none of your choice matters beside the romance options.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Man, when this game decides to fuck up it really fucks up. I did the 'Riders on the Storm' mission today and I had:

- Mission points failing to trigger, forcing a reload to five minutes earlier
- Random deaths out of nowhere
- The 'Item Description staying on screen' bug, forcing a reload
- Deaths sending me to the beginning of the main bit of the mission despite getting to a checkpoint
- 'Relic Malfunction' that keeps malfunctioning forever

I am definitely enjoying what I've played so far (40 hours don't really lie tbh), but damn does Cyberpunk make itself hard to love at times.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
This game really needed a faction/reputation system. You can fight or side with whatever corp or gang you want with zero consequences.

Galava

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
After discovering that there was a secret ending during my first playthrough, I started a new save without even touching any ending.

Now I finally unlocked the secret path and saw the ending. Damn, it opens up a pretty interesting storyline for DLC (free or paid).

Mr. Blue Eyes is very shady, but it seems that with the Crystal Palace job he can give V a way to save himself and avoid death couple of months down the line. This ending really blueballs you with that mission though, damn.

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I've been checking steamdb for any internal game updates and it looks like they are finally starting to test new branches as of a few hours ago.

Hope this smaller patch in the next 10 days addresses some of the more pronounced bugs in the game.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Fucking hell. I'm doing the 'I Fought the Law' mission and I can't double-jump or use any of my weapons. I've gone back a few checkpoints and it's not fixing the issue.

Whhhhhhhyyyyyy

EDIT: Fixed it, but only after going all the way back to a previous mission because the game had just broke completely when I talked to Saul in the Nomad camp. Seems like it didn't actually 'finish' the conversation so the game was still in that mode.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
I found a sweet ass car that matches my favorite coat perfectly, i don't really mind not being able to keep any car you find, i like getting cars as rewards for quests and saving up money to buy them but i really hope they add the planned car customization back in, i want to trick out my rides.

uB1CIjk.jpg

lightchris

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
So I finished the game on PC after ~55 hours and doing almost all of the side quests (but excluding gigs).

Overall I enjoyed the game quite a bit and more than I initially thought I would.
I completely understand that many people expected something different after how the game was presented in its trailers and are rightfully angry. To me personally though most of the missing features never really mattered; before the game was released I even was unsure if I would get it because it seemed too much like a "GTA in the future" to me (..and I don't like GTA games).
It turned out to be different in many regards, and what I enjoyed most were the interesting (side) quests and characters which I thought to be well written and voiced. Also the whole game world/lore around it which makes it pretty unique. The gameplay I found serviceable at most times (..when it wasn't bugged) but nothing special. One thing that I really missed was any real sort of use for the surprisingly fun to drive vehicles aside from getting from A to B.

The game should never have released in its state though. Even disregarding the terrible console ports the PC version still suffers from plenty of bugs that may be less or more serious depending on how lucky you are during your playthrough. CDPR really shot themselves in the foot with this.

In comparison to the Witcher 3 Cyberpunk 2077 is more ambitious and bold but ultimately is less consistent and doesn't reach its heights.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Well, shit. Judy's questline literally won't start for me at all.

Why oh why did I decide to play this shitty game now instead of after the patches came out.

EDIT: False alarm, quest just popped up for me after I:
- Got to a certain point in a quest
- Went to V's apartment
- Slept and then waited for 25 hours (so much for the story's supposed urgency lol)
- Walked out of the apartment
It's baffling that I had to do all this but at least it's not as bad as I thought. Still, though. Fuck that.

Oct 25, 2017
The game should never have released in its state though. Even disregarding the terrible console ports the PC version still suffers from plenty of bugs that may be less or more serious depending on how lucky you are during your playthrough. CDPR really shot themselves in the foot with this.
The main bug I cant believe didnt get fixed was the random fall damage death bug. Thats one of the few that consistently kills progress even for PC players.

Most other bugs are annoyances (UI bugs), culling, physics, whatever you call the random partial body T-Posing

Other progression issues can arise like individual quest bugs n such, but nothing else as global as the fall damage bug.

obeast

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Why oh why did I decide to play this shitty game now instead of after the patches came out.

- Went to V's apartment
- Slept and then waited for 25 hours (so much for the story's supposed urgency lol)
It's baffling that I had to do all this but at least it's not as bad as I thought. Still, though. Fuck that.

The idea, I think, is that you're supposed to continue other quests while waiting for the prompt. I think a lot of quests are triggered by 24 hour timers (and then maybe on top of that some kind of area transition or completed quest).

I actually had the opposite complaint - I felt like people got back to me with follow up quests much too quickly, usually under circumstances that implied that more time than a day had passed. I think they should have slowed the timers down a bit, just to avoid dissonance, and also the feeling of being spammed with calls and messages.

This wouldn't help the fundamental dissonance between the time frame of the main quest and the rest of the game, but that's more or less a lost cause. I actually think that if you move quickly from quest to quest you can complete the game, and even most of the side content, in a few weeks of in-game time, but many of the quests seem to be written under the assumption that much more time is passing (just to pluck one example out of many, your reputation is supposed to grow from "nobody" to "celebrated merc," and it doesn't make a ton of sense for that to happen in, like, 12 days).

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017

- Went to V's apartment
It says in the quest tracker that u have to wait until u get a call from the quest giver in some missions. I usually fuck up some gangs and get a call in no time. Of course u can also skip the time in the menu.

Plum

May 31, 2018
The idea, I think, is that you're supposed to continue other quests while waiting for the prompt. I think a lot of quests are triggered by 24 hour timers (and then maybe on top of that some kind of area transition or completed quest).
It says in the quest tracker that u have to wait until u get a call from the quest giver in some missions. I usually fuck up some gangs and get a call in no time. Of course u can also skip the time in the menu.

I looked into how it was supposed to go and the quest hadn't appeared at all yet despite me having played many in-game days since then. It was definitely a bug instead of the intended way, which so far has worked fairly well for Panam and River quests.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
Starting to think about putting points on anything not really weapon or traditional damage related.

I can play smart and have high damage weapons without extra perks. But I can't hack or rip doors and other cool shit unless I spend in those areas.

Hmm.