• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Transistor

Vodka martini, dirty, with Tito's please
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Epileptic PSA: There are reports that animations and flashing lights in this game can cause seizures. Read this article for more information

Why is there controversy surrounding CD Projekt Red and Cyberpunk 2077?

CD Projekt Red has a history of transphobia. This is well documented at this point and not a matter of debate. Due to this context there is particular concern about transphobic or insensitive content in Cyberpunk 2077 itself, such as the decision to tie gender to voice in the character creator, and trans fetishization in illustrations in the game—and these are just examples from prerelease footage. Additionally, there have been concerns about racist imagery and stereotyping. This article goes into depth about some of these issues.

What incidents of transphobia have occurred surrounding the game and the company, and why are they hurtful?

This list will be updated over time as more examples come to light, especially as the game releases and more content is uncovered. If you wish to have something added to this list, please send me a DM and get my attention.

Why is ResetEra allowing an official thread for this game?

There has been a lot of discussion about whether there should even be an official thread for Cyberpunk 2077, and many points of view were considered for this decision. Ultimately, a thread like this can serve as a platform for minority concerns to be aired and discussed respectfully, and given appropriate attention. We've also heard from minority members, including some trans members, who have asked for a space where they can talk about the game without needing to worry about trolling and bigoted posting. We expect all posters in the thread to extend the consideration and empathy to give them that space. We will be moderating as strictly as necessary to make sure they do.

What can I do to help fight transphobia?

Transphobia exists in many aspects of our lives. From casual discrimination such as the continuous misuse of a person's preferred pronouns, to more serious ramifications such as housing being denied, legal rights being taken away, and being discriminated in the legal system. Every trans person either has experienced transphobia in their lives, or will experience transphobia at some point.

Moreover, transphobia is a systematic issue that is present in every level of our society. Politicians fight to take away our rights. Celebrities use coded language and religious justifications, if not outright hostility, in order to continue to deny our existence. Media continues to portray us as the butt of a joke, or acts like we're something to be fascinated by, rather than treated with respect.

Actions speak louder than words: Become active in your local politics, donate to transgender causes, stand up for these issues wherever they arise, and if you know transgender people in your life be there for them and support them.

Here are some pro-trans organizations around the world where you can make a donation and show your support
  • For those of you in the US, The Trevor Project is one of the leading LGBT organizations. They are dedicated to crisis intervention and suicide prevention for people who are in need of support, love, and care.
  • For those of you in the UK, Mermaids is dedicated to the support of transgender, non-binary, and gender-diverse children, young adults, and their families. They have been around since 1995, and have been one of the most vocal voices speaking out against transphobia in the UK, including showing the dangers that transphobia imposes upon our youth.
  • If you would like to donate to CDPR's native country of Poland, you can find the Trans-Fuzja Foundation website here. The Trans-Fuzja Foundation has been around since 2008, and is dedicated to the support of transgender people in Poland in many aspects of life and society, including politics.
We are your friends. We are your family members. We're your coworkers. We're the people you meet on the street. We're the essential workers who keep society running in a pandemic. We're everywhere. We're not some sort of freak or joke, and we're not going away.

I want to give major thanks to Uzzy for lending her talent, time, and effort in putting together graphics and material for this official thread. Without her, this would not have been possible on such short notice. I would also like to give a shout out and thanks to Kyuuji for allowing me to use images and links from her own thread for this posts.

cloudzack117

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao I just did the mission where you and Panam team up to save that guy from the warehouse base and afterwards i ended up getting friendzoned

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I picked this back up this weekend. Can someone help me piece together Act 2?

We are looking for Evelyn because she might be able to remove the chip for V. How do we know this? Also, can someone explain why she was back at Clouds.

Rogue - what is her significance?

cloudzack117

Oct 25, 2017

We are looking for Evelyn because she might be able to remove the chip for V. How do we know this? Also, can someone explain why she was back at Clouds.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure Rogue is a major NPC from the tabletop cyberpunk 2033. She's a big time fixer in night city, kind of like dexter from the intro just much more big time.

I think the logic with Evelyn is that she might be able to remove the chip since she was the OP for the mission to steal it. I think V and Johnny just kind of assume she knows what it is and how it works and that she might be able to help

mujun

Nov 1, 2017

She's the person who hired Dex to get someone to steal the chip so chances are that she knows something about how it works or that she knows someone who does. Turns out later that that hunch is right. Brigitte.

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
4zlilDZ.png

VPeVFCy.png

FjwHtso.jpg

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I basically said fuck it and gave myself the max money and crafting items on my second character.

Then I found a mod and went back to my main and made all my equipment legendary.

lol. really abusing the console now.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
Can't believe we didn't had vehicule customization at launch when they clearly had the tools in game to do so. Look at this Appolo bike, with different bubble, head lights, side panels and of course, paint job. I even saw cars with no roof variations... And without mentioning the customs bodywork of gang cars and bikes...

unknown.png

harry the spy

Oct 25, 2017
Is it normal I feel like an Uber glass cannon in this? I'm on level 25 or so, and yea i specialized in cool and reflexes (hand gun blade and cold blood), but the extent to which I'm one makes the game a bit puzzling to play. I had a moderate difficulty mission
last mission with the peraleze
, and most enemies one shot me (I play on hard, about 250 hit points). On the other hand my katana cuts through most enemies like butter and my sniper rifle, with its various skill bonuses , sometimes hits for 10000 damage (which I don't understand and seems ridiculously high). It makes gameplay a bit bizarre. I can't really go through enemies in a deadly dance because a one shot kill is a little hard to manage.
Game is pretty easy though because sniping is so brutal and the blade is great in close quarters.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
Is it normal I feel like an Uber glass cannon in this? I'm on level 25 or so, and yea i specialized in cool and reflexes (hand gun blade and cold blood), but the extent to which I'm one makes the game a bit puzzling to play. I had a moderate difficulty mission
last mission with the peraleze
, and most enemies one shot me (I play on hard, about 250 hit points). On the other hand my katana cuts through most enemies like butter and my sniper rifle, with its various skill bonuses , sometimes hits for 10000 damage (which I don't understand and seems ridiculously high). It makes gameplay a bit bizarre. I can't really go through enemies in a deadly dance because a one shot kill is a little hard to manage.
Game is pretty easy though because sniping is so brutal and the blade is great in close quarters.

Yes you are a glass canon with so little HP. You can stack armor on your gear with mods and get cold blood stack to get more res, armor, dodge and of course, movement speed. Don't hesitate to get a Sandevistan to get a time dilatation window to rush in close or aim with your sword / gun.

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
Lol what did I do wrong?
Ending:
why is Panam not in the shower like the one I saw in youtube? I'm alone in V's apartment going to space

Nov 7, 2017
Can't believe we didn't had vehicule customization at launch when they clearly had the tools in game to do so. Look at this Appolo bike, with different bubble, head lights, side panels and of course, paint job. I even saw cars with no roof variations... And without mentioning the customs bodywork of gang cars and bikes...

unknown.png

yeah, when you're selecting the difficulty you can clearly see the car getting progressively more tuned

it must have been cut really close to release

Untitled.png

deathsaber

Nov 2, 2017
So how do I get the,
"V lives happily ever after with Judy" ending?

Do I have to make nice with Panam and then get her to help me raid Arasaka? Is that it?

Yeah, that's basically it. At the end of Judy's story..
she basically wants out of Night City, and the Panam/Nomads path is basically what accomplishes this and she comes with you. Any story conclusion that keeps you in Night City has her sort of being unhappy and leaving

:cc

Jan 4, 2021

unknown.png

Yeah, the fact that such a basic component of customization is missing is really baffling. It doesn't have to be to the extent of GTA where you can change the suspension, headlight colors, etc., but even something as simple as different paint jobs should have been available. Especially since there is decent variety in the NPC vehicles.

This also applies to the weapons. There are some really cool colors/patterns on the guns & swords enemies drop. Customization like that should be stuck behind the rng drops of enemies.

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
All right, i haven't played the game since before Christmas.

Should i update the game from 1.04 to whatever it is now or not?PC version GOG and i didnt have any major problems before

EDIT

Tried to update the game and now it's downloading the entire game again(54GB).Just great.

Last edited:

harry the spy

Oct 25, 2017
Yes you are a glass canon with so little HP. You can stack armor on your gear with mods and get cold blood stack to get more res, armor, dodge and of course, movement speed. Don't hesitate to get a Sandevistan to get a time dilatation window to rush in close or aim with your sword / gun.
Thank you - is there a big difference between sandevistan and kerenzikov? So far I have the latter. I don't fully grok how to activate it. It doesn't help me so much since it seems to slow time for everyone - which is helpful for aiming but not closing distances while being shot at.

Also I'm really surprised about some perks seem overpowered (increase damage to human enemies by 15%) and other perks seem so utterly useless (decrease quick hack time by 1% per stack- so what, 5% max in the best case? How is this going to help?)

Last edited:

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you - is there a big difference between sandevistan and kerenzikov? So far I have the latter. I don't fully grok how to activate it. It doesn't help me so much since it seems to slow time for everyone - which is helpful for aiming but not closing distances while being shot at.

Also I'm really surprised about some perks seem overpowered (increase damage to human enemies by 15%) and other perks seem so utterly useless (decrease quick hack time by 1% per stack- so what, 5% max in the best case? How is this going to help?)

Kereznikov nervous system slot (I think) is activated on dodge and is super short.

Sandevistan is a cyberdeck so you loose hacking: both quickhacks and breaching protocols. But its activated with a button press and depending on your model, it can give you more or less time dilatation, for more or less time, with a different cooldown. Higher rarity models will boost your crit chance and or crit damage.

I think Kerez is basically useless, its way to short to be of any use.

Yes some perks are useless, some other don't apply like they should, while other stack and multiply making some thing very broken very fast (pistol headshot damage with silencer from sneak, blade / blunt speciality in Blades or Street Brawler... ) but the game is super easy pretty fast. I've beated twice in the hardest difficulty now, and only the first hours can be a struggle but very fast its good fun to run around enemies and slicing them up, or punching them to death while you are a monster tank that can't be put down.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Are the blood pump healing things bugged for anyone else?

Even if I assign one to RB, I only get the rocket arm projectile when I press the button...

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
I see they went pretty much radio silence with this game. I assume the next tweet will be the patch notes at the end of the month

Haikira

Dec 22, 2017
Northern Ireland
You'd rather have them work through the Christmas break?

That seems a bit of a strawman response, considering all he said was they're radio silent.

Dropping an update or roadmap early this month doesn't necessarily mean they'd been working on it through the holidays.

I do think it's probably smart that they're staying quiet. Best to resurface when they've got concrete news to provide.

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
This might be a silly question since it's a really small thing, but why does Keanu say "Wake the fuck up, samurai" in his reveal trailer? Was that not the name of SIlverhand's band at that point? I was assuming that 'samurai' was an actual term using to describe mercenaries or something, once you've actually played the game that line doesn't make any sense.

Umm...just completed this quest. It's nuts.

960x0.jpg

Yeah, that quest was something else.

It felt really contrived though. I know there are dialogue options where you can insistently ask what is going on, but it was frustrating not being able to say "No, seriously, what in the fuck is all this about."

And I still don't understand why the convict became obsessed with you. I mean, I guess it kind of makes sense since you randomly show up with that other character who's connected to him (trying to avoid spoilers), but still, like I said, the whole thing just felt really forced.

Definitely an image that will stick with me for awhile though, and I certainly never thought I'd be
crucifying
someone when I started the game.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still guilty of not upgrading.

Level 20 with 35 street and like 31 perks. I'm paralyzed.
I just started the game a couple of days ago and just put points into the stuff u enjoy using?

I personally enjoy using handcannons, suck at stealth and dislike melee while also not using the hacking often enough to justify putting points into Intelligence. I went with a mix of Reflex for Hand Cannon buffs, Tech for crafting Legendaries plus the bonusses for using Tech weapons, which are fun as hell since they penetrate walls, and Cool for the bonus headshot damage. It's working out pretty well so far.

The skill trees are pretty focussed and luckily not that complex, since the perks are unlocked based on ur attribute level, instead of it being an actual skill tree where the skills are connected.

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
This might be a silly question since it's a really small thing, but why does Keanu say "Wake the fuck up, samurai" in his reveal trailer? Was that not the name of SIlverhand's band at that point? I was assuming that 'samurai' was an actual term using to describe mercenaries or something, once you've actually played the game that line doesn't make any sense.

Yeah, that quest was something else.

It felt really contrived though. I know there are dialogue options where you can insistently ask what is going on, but it was frustrating not being able to say "No, seriously, what in the fuck is all this about."

And I still don't understand why the convict became obsessed with you. I mean, I guess it kind of makes sense since you randomly show up with that other character who's connected to him (trying to avoid spoilers), but still, like I said, the whole thing just felt really forced.

Definitely an image that will stick with me for awhile though, and I certainly never thought I'd be
crucifying
someone when I started the game.

I do like how they involved the billboards into side quests.

You see this early in the game and never think it's going to be anything other than a billboard. And it's one of the craziest quests lol.

20201218013250_1.jpg

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
I'm still guilty of not upgrading.

Level 20 with 35 street and like 31 perks. I'm paralyzed.
Probably not a huge help with the point that you're at, but my FOMO build is:

18 Technical Ability -- Get all the rarity crafting perks so that you can upgrade your iconics to legendary, which is the biggest FOMO thing in the game. 'More components while disassembling', 'crafting cost reduction', and 'chance to craft for free' are really good if you want to level crafting, and with the three of them you aren't really losing any money compared to just selling guns outright. +50% effectiveness for consumables is pretty good, but you don't need it if you get the Maxdoc Mk. 3 spec from a pharmacy. Don't get the "Junk items are automatically broken down", because there are certain junk things that sell for 750 Eurodollars each, and it's not uncommon to end a mission with 3-5 in your inventory. Getting mods back when you disassemble is extremely good because it'll let you take legendary mods like +30% crit out of ugly or outdated gear, and if you're crafting, converting lower quality parts to higher ones is also really good.

(If you're leveling crafting, certain guns sell for more than others despite costing the same amount of components to craft. Nekomatas sell for the most from what I've found in the grey and green tiers)

12 Intelligence -- Get the double Eurodollars from access points ASAP. There's probably an average of 3+ per mission, so you're looking at an extra ~$2500 per mission. There's a ripperdoc outside the Kabuki market that sells a cyberdeck for $15k that has a buffer of 7, which makes access points much easier and is super worth it. It pays for itself quickly. Get both the Mass Vulnerability breach perks, the 'automatically highlights access points' perk, and at 12 intelligence get 'doubles the odds of getting a quickhack from access points'. Access points with higher intelligence requirements can drop Legendary quickhacks, so you can get them without having to go all the way to 18 in Intelligence to craft them yourself. 12 Intelligence also gives you access to some pretty decent Int-based cyberware.

(If you don't like the 'board' you get at an access point, you can back out and restart it for a new one)

Keep either Body or Reflexes a point above whatever your weapon skills are so that you aren't wasting any XP as you use your weapons, at least up to around level 10. Taking a skill to 10 gives your 4 extra perk points in addition to all the other benefits, not that it sounds like you need them.

Other than that, it really doesn't matter. With skill levels in your weapon attribute and legendary iconics, nothing's actually going to give you that rough of a time even on very hard, so focusing on QOL stuff can be nice. Stuff like the reloading/shooting while sprinting/sliding at Body 11, or the "Fully charged tech weapons don't automatically shoot" in the Engineering tree, things like that.
I've found a few legendary and they are disappointing. Are crafted better?
Crafted items scale with your level with quality being a stat multiplier, so yeah, legendary gear you craft is tops for your level, although you can probably find legendaries above your level out in the world.

Last edited:

Areal

Nov 23, 2017
Australia and Japan
Didn't they said there will be a big update early january?
I don't think it was specified it would be early in January.

I saw this on another forum, apparently from Polish news:

PAP: CD Projekt games to release patches for Cyberpunk in Jan and Feb as planned – CEO
Wednesday, January 13, 2021 07:21:30 AM (GMT)

Games developer CD Projekt is progressing with works on patches for its Cyberpunk 2077 game as planned and sees no unusual employee outflows following the premiere, CEO Adam Kicinski told PAP.

"We are working on the patches in line with earlier annoucements and we maintain the plan to release patches in January and February," Kicinski wrote. "For the time being, we do not want to reveal the exact content of the January patch, but updates [that] we will make available will comprise all the platforms."

While CD Projekt recorded no increased number of employee departures following the premiere, "it is natural" in the sector that some employees will consider looking for another job after completing a project which lasted several years, the CEO also wrote.

CD Projekt is also working to have Cyberpunk brought back to sales in the PlayStation Store, Kicinski added.

Mid-December, CD Projekt said it would have two major patches in place by January-February.

KrAzY

Sep 2, 2018
Fucked up after the parade
V made mention I should save Takemura but I was never given the objective, so was thinking what the fuck, the level was looked closed off in a way I couldn't go anywhere else but escape sighhhh, so his probably dead then, another playthrough I should explore more and try save him

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
It took me a month, with 95 hours played, maybe 10 of those idle and 20 of those in photomode. What a ride! A bumpy one, but one I massively enjoyed.

Here's my main vehicle collection I used through my playthrough:

0U32sT.png

Yopis

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
East Coast
Played about 14 hours at 4k 60fps with optimized recommendations looked awesome, with 3080. Turned resolution down to 1080p. Flipped everything to max settings/psycho for screen space and RT. With dlss on quality.

Honestly besides looking soft for the resolution. I think it looks way more impressive, with all the features turned on, and turned up for Ray tracing. Wish I could do both. 5900x took the bulk of the work. Gpu is 60% load pretty much as expected.

Last edited:

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
So it's safe to say that Highwayman quest is just not finished right, and it's not supposed to be some weirdly intentional no-hand-holy challenge? Because the fact alone that you can't bring up the photo afterwards or that the blood trail starts at a train station that isn't a fast travel point on your map and is nowhere close to where the guy says she was headed last just screams of a quest that was supposed to be cut but they just forgot and somehow with missing innards it still completes. I mean even the code is weird because it lets you put in 6 digits but only 4 digits of the date are the actual numbers to put in.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
I'm losing like at least 20 fps by running it on a 6700 instead of on one of the more modern CPUs. Guess it's time to upgrade this year.

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I've posted a lot of these in the PC screenshot thread but just to have 'em in the OT, some of my favourite shots from my playthrough...

0uUeOM.png

0DEovk.png

0FVara.png

0uUavv.png

0Umlh9.png

0F9qtb.png

0F9RPo.png

0UmPhF.png

Galava

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I'm losing like at least 20 fps by running it on a 6700 instead of on one of the more modern CPUs. Guess it's time to upgrade this year.
I'm on a 6700k. Really looking forward to upgrading my CPU at last. Have to play with medium crowds and even then I can feel the CPU struggling a bit...

:cc

Jan 4, 2021
Wow this thread is crawling. My guess is everyone is waiting for the patches.

Definitely. Check everyday hoping to see a new patch though I wouldn't be surprised if the Jan. and Feb. patches come out towards the end of their respective months.

Unless you're playing on previous gen consoles or are having a lot of bugs/crashes, I suspect the next couple patches won't do much as they are likely focusing on fixing the game breaking issues. We probably won't see a lot of QoL changes/additions for a while, at least till the base game works smoothly across all platforms.

As someone posted earlier, it would be nice if they at least released a roadmap so that people know exactly what to expect in the upcoming patches.