• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Transistor

Vodka martini, dirty, with Tito's please
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Epileptic PSA: There are reports that animations and flashing lights in this game can cause seizures. Read this article for more information

Why is there controversy surrounding CD Projekt Red and Cyberpunk 2077?

CD Projekt Red has a history of transphobia. This is well documented at this point and not a matter of debate. Due to this context there is particular concern about transphobic or insensitive content in Cyberpunk 2077 itself, such as the decision to tie gender to voice in the character creator, and trans fetishization in illustrations in the game—and these are just examples from prerelease footage. Additionally, there have been concerns about racist imagery and stereotyping. This article goes into depth about some of these issues.

What incidents of transphobia have occurred surrounding the game and the company, and why are they hurtful?

This list will be updated over time as more examples come to light, especially as the game releases and more content is uncovered. If you wish to have something added to this list, please send me a DM and get my attention.

Why is ResetEra allowing an official thread for this game?

There has been a lot of discussion about whether there should even be an official thread for Cyberpunk 2077, and many points of view were considered for this decision. Ultimately, a thread like this can serve as a platform for minority concerns to be aired and discussed respectfully, and given appropriate attention. We've also heard from minority members, including some trans members, who have asked for a space where they can talk about the game without needing to worry about trolling and bigoted posting. We expect all posters in the thread to extend the consideration and empathy to give them that space. We will be moderating as strictly as necessary to make sure they do.

What can I do to help fight transphobia?

Transphobia exists in many aspects of our lives. From casual discrimination such as the continuous misuse of a person's preferred pronouns, to more serious ramifications such as housing being denied, legal rights being taken away, and being discriminated in the legal system. Every trans person either has experienced transphobia in their lives, or will experience transphobia at some point.

Moreover, transphobia is a systematic issue that is present in every level of our society. Politicians fight to take away our rights. Celebrities use coded language and religious justifications, if not outright hostility, in order to continue to deny our existence. Media continues to portray us as the butt of a joke, or acts like we're something to be fascinated by, rather than treated with respect.

Actions speak louder than words: Become active in your local politics, donate to transgender causes, stand up for these issues wherever they arise, and if you know transgender people in your life be there for them and support them.

Here are some pro-trans organizations around the world where you can make a donation and show your support
  • For those of you in the US, The Trevor Project is one of the leading LGBT organizations. They are dedicated to crisis intervention and suicide prevention for people who are in need of support, love, and care.
  • For those of you in the UK, Mermaids is dedicated to the support of transgender, non-binary, and gender-diverse children, young adults, and their families. They have been around since 1995, and have been one of the most vocal voices speaking out against transphobia in the UK, including showing the dangers that transphobia imposes upon our youth.
  • If you would like to donate to CDPR's native country of Poland, you can find the Trans-Fuzja Foundation website here. The Trans-Fuzja Foundation has been around since 2008, and is dedicated to the support of transgender people in Poland in many aspects of life and society, including politics.
We are your friends. We are your family members. We're your coworkers. We're the people you meet on the street. We're the essential workers who keep society running in a pandemic. We're everywhere. We're not some sort of freak or joke, and we're not going away.

I want to give major thanks to Uzzy for lending her talent, time, and effort in putting together graphics and material for this official thread. Without her, this would not have been possible on such short notice. I would also like to give a shout out and thanks to Kyuuji for allowing me to use images and links from her own thread for this posts.

Resetta Stone

Oct 26, 2017
Nothing, Arizona
It begins, and it ends, and begins with her...

Her: Why are you posting memes about this Judy character?

Me: 'CUZ IT MAKES ME FEEL BETTER!

Deleted member 8118

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is that the one you can get from Placide? If so, I'm wearing it partly as a fashion statement and partly as a "fuck you" to the original owner.
Nope, I found it after a doing a gig called Sparring Partner. It spawned in a container near the area, so it may be random.
Damn, where did you get that??
I did the gig called Sparring Partner. It spawned in the area and I picked it up. It might be random..

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Without trying I have like 65+ healing sprays, is this normal? Also are the food items pointless since you can't use them during combat?

Deleted member 8118

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Without trying I have like 65+ healing sprays, is this normal? Also are the food items pointless since you can't use them during combat?
I have a ton of healing sprays. Enemies drop them often, so I just lap them up. The food items can give you abilities like passive healing during combat, so it's good to just eat them before combat, or do what I do and just eat them whenever you find them.

Skyebaron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Sorry if this has been asked before, but has the game received any patch since launch? Is the game worth buying now or is still full of bugs? I would play it on a mid range PC (rtx 2060/ ryzen 3600)
Still very buggy and performance is the same. Big patches coming in january and february.

Id say wait, but it was worth the purchase for me. Still, dont expect GTA V. The open world is just dressing. Its a Deus Ex with good shooting mechanics, Witcher 3 clear the map objectives and amazing story beats.

Skyebaron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
double post sorry

cV0LmFt.jpg

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
quick question for the secret ending

i was reading that i need to select some dialogue options for being able to unlock it.

and i read in another part that those dialogue options are neceessary only if you dont are in good terms with johnny.

so can anyone help me with this?

i think ive got a good relationship with johnny, but i dont wannna be locked out of that ending

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry if this has been asked before, but has the game received any patch since launch? Is the game worth buying now or is still full of bugs? I would play it on a mid range PC (rtx 2060/ ryzen 3600)

In terms of actually serious bugs, the PC version is fine. Stable, looks pretty good, and runs well enough (on a 1080TI w/ 6700k).

I have been playing for 80 hours, and expect to play for 20 - 30 more and have not run into any crashes.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
So in the end Johnny became a little more like me and sacrificed himself, Rogue got her payback on Smasher, and I ended up a little like both Rogue and Johnny - and decided to burn it all down after having a final toast to my boy Jackie.

Overall I think this was a satisfying ending for the way I played my character and dealt with others. It's not the greatest story I've played in a game, but it's top five I guess. Or maybe six.

sonicmj1

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else think they wrote really odd/stilted dialogue for Panam at times?
She goes from not using contractions and sounding really awkward, to using them and sounding natural. This isn't a direction issue with CDPR and the VA, it feels like how they actually wrote the character to begin with. It's just super odd to me and I don't really get it.
I found that really weird as well. It sounds unnatural every time it happens.

Ivellios

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for answering everyone, i decided to buy it since i had epic discount, cant wait to finally play it

J Snow

Oct 25, 2017
For those that had the Johnny ending on Series X — were anyone else's graphics ridiculously bad when he was on the bus? Like there was no lighting, like something out of The Sims 3? not sure if it bugged but I had to laugh as it was such a fitting end for the game

Oracle

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Can someone help with a refund picture? I purchased the collectors and its in box. The retailer wont let me return it due to the credit card I used I no longer have. I dont have the patience to keep fighting this any longer.

I would open it to take a picture of the disc along with my code/invoice but I also have a digital copy that im playing. I really do not want to open it if there is no need.

Any help js grestly appreciated. It would have to be the xbox version. I would send the invoice via email as well as my specific refund code.

Thanks era.
Anybody willing to help?

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
wow.

everyone needs to watch this video by beatemups.

We were sold a lie. The world is an illusion.

This is the best breakdown of what is wrong with cyberpunk and its not even just glitches.

Fundamentally the game is designed poorly. Like...there is a skill that enhances human shields. YOU CANT EVEN DO THAT IN THE GAME.

Just...holy shit. my eyes are opened. I thought the game was ok just gltichy. I was wrong. CD Projeckt ARE all liars. (watch till the end)

In my humble opinion...when it comes to CDPR's strengths (Characters, Story, Narrative, Decisions), the biggest let down in CyberPunk compared to Witcher 3 is the fact that in Cyberpunk, as long as you do all the side jobs, you'll get access to the four key endings, no matter what decisions you made throughout the story. Where in Witcher 3, if you do all the main and side content, your decisions throughout directly effect which of the 3 endings and several permutations you will receive.

Huncho

Jun 10, 2020
How anyone can do that to Panam is beyond me D:
Panam and the Aldecados are the GOAT

I couldn't make the choice of not waiting for her on the rooftop so I can't even imagining betraying her at that point in the story >.>

You can even feel the pain of Saul's Death with that yell T^T

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
They need to fix looting.

Make all loot a mini menu when within a proximity. Too many times things are stacked and you can't pickup what you want.

Let me disassemble things without picking up. It's just another step to pickup, go to inventory and break down.

Corsick

Oct 27, 2017
They need to fix looting.

Make all loot a mini menu when within a proximity. Too many times things are stacked and you can't pickup what you want.

Let me disassemble things without picking up. It's just another step to pickup, go to inventory and break down.
Has anyone else noticed that sometimes it's really hard to highlight and even get the prompt to loot items at all? It's like the window to trigger the prompt is really tiny for many items.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone else noticed that sometimes it's really hard to highlight and even get the prompt to loot items at all? It's like the window to trigger the prompt is really tiny for many items.

Yup. It's hard enough sometimes for a single item, let alone for a stack. I understand a body will give a menu, but a proximity override would be appreciated.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
For those that had the Johnny ending on Series X — were anyone else's graphics ridiculously bad when he was on the bus? Like there was no lighting, like something out of The Sims 3? not sure if it bugged but I had to laugh as it was such a fitting end for the game
Yeah, it looked terrible for me too on the One X, like they hadn't finished rendering it.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
Just discovered about Satori, the iconic katana on top on the konpeki plaza... But I missed it... Didn't do manual save.

BUT YOU CAN CLIMB BACK UP

Glitch through the front door, climb back the entire hotel, double jump and hang yourself up the penthouse and then climb on the helipad to get it :

unknown.png

unknown.png

Then dash jump hundred floor down to less than a meter of water below, no worries.

Oct 27, 2017
USA
So apparently for the Cyberpsychos you you can incapacitate them, text Regina to finish the mission with the best rewards, then just immediately kill them (one shot/hit will do it when they are down) after the mission is handed in to get the extra XP/Street Credit from the NCPD for killing a criminal.

There are no negative repercussions to doing this.

Terbinator

Oct 29, 2017
Aside from the bugs, of which there are still many (XSX primarily playthrough since launch) this is one of the best games I've played this gen. Easily GTA4 to GTA5 for me.

It's been interesting to see the opinions spread in this thread alone as its become apparent that people are playing it (by hardware luckout or not) now compared to that hard first week.

Also - has there been any further digging in to Claire? Is the
Trans
flag/story a last minute bone?

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
Just discovered about Satori, the iconic katana on top on the konpeki plaza... But I missed it... Didn't do manual save.

BUT YOU CAN CLIMB BACK UP

Glitch through the front door, climb back the entire hotel, double jump and hang yourself up the penthouse and then climb on the helipad to get it :

unknown.png

unknown.png

Then dash jump hundred floor down to less than a meter of water below, no worries.

Is that what Iconic weapons are? They go on the show cases?

Aug 4, 2020
Finished 3 more endings tonight. The Sun, Temperance and one other which doesn`t have a name.

Well first off
Rogue gets killed by Smasher which sucks. Fought this dude 3 nights in a row and only in the Arasaka path you lose nobody. Either Saul or Rogue have to die in the other choices. Lame. Hes not even a interesting character or boss fight. Oda gives you more of a challenge.
Now for the epilogues I took from this path
This is pretty good and its nice to see the Mr Blue Eyes everyone keeps talking about. Definitely feel like this guy will come back in DLC.
I liked this one too even though V dies and Johnny takes over forever. Him saying goodbye to his old life and moving on was nice to see. Sucks that all of Vs friends have no idea though where he went though.
And the final ending I got was...well...
The suicide ending. Yeah this is the worst and the calls from your friends at the end are brutal to listen too.
Seems like I got all the endings I can as I`m locked out of the final secret ending due to picking a wrong dialogue choice and not getting the right % relationship with Johnny. Oh well.

Overall none of the endings left me satisfied with the main plot with Arasaka but some of the endings with V and his friends I liked. The characters were some of the most memorable in any game I`ve played this year.

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
Aside from the bugs, of which there are still many (XSX primarily playthrough since launch) this is one of the best games I've played this gen. Easily GTA4 to GTA5 for me.

It's been interesting to see the opinions spread in this thread alone as its become apparent that people are playing it (by hardware luckout or not) now compared to that hard first week.

Also - has there been any further digging in to Claire? Is the
Trans
flag/story a last minute bone?
My impressions of the game has been negative. The side quests I have encountered have been pretty bad and are typical go kill, steal, or save someone. Other side activities that are more worthwhile have been less common but I am still early in the game. Some side quests like the neighbor quest made me eye roll.

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
Finished 3 more endings tonight. The Sun, Temperance and one other which doesn`t have a name.

Well first off
Rogue gets killed by Smasher which sucks. Fought this dude 3 nights in a row and only in the Arasaka path you lose nobody. Either Saul or Rogue have to die in the other choices. Lame. Hes not even a interesting character or boss fight. Oda gives you more of a challenge.
Now for the epilogues I took from this path
This is pretty good and its nice to see the Mr Blue Eyes everyone keeps talking about. Definitely feel like this guy will come back in DLC.
I liked this one too even though V dies and Johnny takes over forever. Him saying goodbye to his old life and moving on was nice to see. Sucks that all of Vs friends have no idea though where he went though.
And the final ending I got was...well...
The suicide ending. Yeah this is the worst and the calls from your friends at the end are brutal to listen too.
Seems like I got all the endings I can as I`m locked out of the final secret ending due to picking a wrong dialogue choice and not getting the right % relationship with Johnny. Oh well.

Overall none of the endings left me satisfied with the main plot with Arasaka but some of the endings with V and his friends I liked. The characters were some of the most memorable in any game I`ve played this year.
Temperance > Star > Sun > Devil

Terbinator

Oct 29, 2017
My impressions of the game has been negative. The side quests I have encountered have been pretty bad and are typical go kill, steal, or save someone. Other side activities that are more worthwhile have been less common but I am still early in the game. Some side quests like the neighbor quest made me eye roll.
What are you considering a side quest though?

For me those are the side quest Judy, Panam, Rivers etc- they are great.

Don't forget Era still classes the Bloody Baron as a side quest(which is a main quest quite literally).

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
What are you considering a side quest though?

For me those are the side quest Judy, Panam, Rivers etc- they are great.

Don't forget Era still classes the Bloody Baron as a side quest(which is a main quest quite literally).
Anything in the map that doesn't have a solid icon is a side quest to me. Most of these quests have been with Regina so far. Have encountered some quests that are not related to that but they are definitely less common.

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
Heh. Sounds like Persona
Yup, but Persona intertwines arcane's within its mythos 10x better than what CyberPunk does. In fact...idek y its in Cyberpunk tbh.
And random, I've gotten a greater appreciation for Rockstar and the work they do with GTA and RDR after playing CyberPunk. I took Rockstar's ability for immersion for granted but after playing such an immersion breaking title, Rockstar is literally the GOAT.

I can also see why Rockstar isn't active on social and YT like CDPR is...it just opens you up to people peering into your work/life conditions, etc.

Oct 27, 2017
Today I discovered ncart (night city area rapid transit):
G8AOmad.jpg

The doors of the station are interactable but closed.

It's way above the floor:
QMTSODv.jpg

And it goes all around the city (you can see it on the map, a thin pink road).

I captured the 3 carts on the right here:
JA6eDqQ.jpg

(They are fast)

And here I'm on the 1st cart looking back:
OLMuLeD.jpg

(I fell because I couldn't crouch enough to get under some pipes, like in a cartoon...)