• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Epileptic PSA: There are reports that animations and flashing lights in this game can cause seizures. Read this article for more information

Why is there controversy surrounding CD Projekt Red and Cyberpunk 2077?

CD Projekt Red has a history of transphobia. This is well documented at this point and not a matter of debate. Due to this context there is particular concern about transphobic or insensitive content in Cyberpunk 2077 itself, such as the decision to tie gender to voice in the character creator, and trans fetishization in illustrations in the game—and these are just examples from prerelease footage. Additionally, there have been concerns about racist imagery and stereotyping. This article goes into depth about some of these issues.

What incidents of transphobia have occurred surrounding the game and the company, and why are they hurtful?

This list will be updated over time as more examples come to light, especially as the game releases and more content is uncovered. If you wish to have something added to this list, please send me a DM and get my attention.

Why is ResetEra allowing an official thread for this game?

There has been a lot of discussion about whether there should even be an official thread for Cyberpunk 2077, and many points of view were considered for this decision. Ultimately, a thread like this can serve as a platform for minority concerns to be aired and discussed respectfully, and given appropriate attention. We've also heard from minority members, including some trans members, who have asked for a space where they can talk about the game without needing to worry about trolling and bigoted posting. We expect all posters in the thread to extend the consideration and empathy to give them that space. We will be moderating as strictly as necessary to make sure they do.

What can I do to help fight transphobia?

Transphobia exists in many aspects of our lives. From casual discrimination such as the continuous misuse of a person's preferred pronouns, to more serious ramifications such as housing being denied, legal rights being taken away, and being discriminated in the legal system. Every trans person either has experienced transphobia in their lives, or will experience transphobia at some point.

Moreover, transphobia is a systematic issue that is present in every level of our society. Politicians fight to take away our rights. Celebrities use coded language and religious justifications, if not outright hostility, in order to continue to deny our existence. Media continues to portray us as the butt of a joke, or acts like we're something to be fascinated by, rather than treated with respect.

Actions speak louder than words: Become active in your local politics, donate to transgender causes, stand up for these issues wherever they arise, and if you know transgender people in your life be there for them and support them.

Here are some pro-trans organizations around the world where you can make a donation and show your support
  • For those of you in the US, The Trevor Project is one of the leading LGBT organizations. They are dedicated to crisis intervention and suicide prevention for people who are in need of support, love, and care.
  • For those of you in the UK, Mermaids is dedicated to the support of transgender, non-binary, and gender-diverse children, young adults, and their families. They have been around since 1995, and have been one of the most vocal voices speaking out against transphobia in the UK, including showing the dangers that transphobia imposes upon our youth.
  • If you would like to donate to CDPR's native country of Poland, you can find the Trans-Fuzja Foundation website here. The Trans-Fuzja Foundation has been around since 2008, and is dedicated to the support of transgender people in Poland in many aspects of life and society, including politics.
We are your friends. We are your family members. We're your coworkers. We're the people you meet on the street. We're the essential workers who keep society running in a pandemic. We're everywhere. We're not some sort of freak or joke, and we're not going away.

I want to give major thanks to Uzzy for lending her talent, time, and effort in putting together graphics and material for this official thread. Without her, this would not have been possible on such short notice. I would also like to give a shout out and thanks to Kyuuji for allowing me to use images and links from her own thread for this posts.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Man oh man whoever does marketing needs to be fired. This game is incredible and not the edgeorgy as advertised. If CDPR had said a year ago that this was next-gen only, there would be a VERY different conversation about the game right now.

Agreed, this game is full of really human/heartfelt moments that are not really pushed through in the marketing. I think the launch trailer dialled it back a bit.

I doubt though, even with all the bugs/crashes/performance fixed that it would not still catch flak for its representation.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I wanted to stay with Panam and the clan, since my background was nomad. And also the whole thing in the tank. But it made more sense to leave it up in the air for now, as I am not even certain V will make it out of this game alive at this point. I hope I didn't lock out any story stuff.

Darkwing-Buck

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I've been wanting to try a netrunner build... But is it actually fun? I can't imagine myself enjoying hacking all the time, but that's just me.
You get used to the breach protocols, but also the higher level quick hacks are near-instantaneous. So you'll always be on the move spiking enemies.

It gets crazy once you get the hacks you want, as you can have a build where you don't even need to be in the vicinity of hostiles.

I do mix it in with some samurai/handgun play though to spice things up here and there.

Last edited:

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Is it possible to break the story or cut off major character lines?

I haven't done any Takemura stories yet, and I just got Hellman. Just will I still have the 3 main job lines?

It appears you can at least lose out on being offered certain side missions from the major characters, yes, but I'm not 100% certain on that. But I am pretty sure that is what happened with me with Judy after reading spoilers I really shouldn't have online.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
I've been wanting to try a netrunner build... But is it actually fun? I can't imagine myself enjoying hacking all the time, but that's just me.

My first build was a netrunner, and I could basically go to the outside area of a mission, hack the cameras, then knock everyone out/make them commit suicide/set them on fire/shock them/make them go "Cyberpsycho" and not even fire a shot. Just walk through the aftermath and collect stuff. If you want OP, build a Netrunner.

Aug 4, 2020
Another day, another ending done. This time I did the Arasaka/Devil Ending.

I chose to give my mind to Arasaka rather then die in 6 months. One big disappointment is that only Panam and Vik want to talk to you for when you call from the Space station. Judy, Kerry and River just brush you off. Lame. Atleast Takemura was there although hes too loyal to Arasaka.

One urgent question I have is...
Where do I get this sweet looking suit!?
maxresdefault.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
I knew something was odd when I saw a character child in this game for the first time. Now that someone pointed out that children are just shrunken down citizen models, I can't unsee it LOL.

TissueBox

Oct 25, 2017
Urinated States of America
River curving my Male V has me absolutely howling with laughter

My post from above was in reference to my Valerie getting the same response to another 'romanceable' character. Ouch, yes. Hilarious, also yes.

Honestly not sure why CDPR enabled mission paths and dialogue options that far when things like orientation already leaves it at a predetermined inclination, lol.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So I just fired it up. I have even less hp after completing all side missions and side gigs before the endgame, but my armor is at 1000.
Still though, after finding a random robbery, I can assure you that I too still die after a few shots.
I guess they just want you to hack or sneak (or snipe). Or maybe I didn't skill appropriately for a tank, didn't get all the necessary perks. My body is at 20 though.
Move down a step in difficulty. You shouldn't be finding everyone to be such bullet sponges. Something seems off.

I beat the game with way less than 800 HP.
If you go in against hard or very hard enemies, it will be like this.

Unfortunately, the game doesn't have much middle ground... it's either bullet-sponge/they hit like trucks, or they drop like paper dolls.
I assume you are on hard difficulty? I beat the game on normal with 400hp. Or maybe you are going in to hard or very hard level areas. Anything higher than moderate areas and I get wrecked (at lvl 32).

there is a difficulty setting?!!!

i was so into the game didnt check that.

but yeah, like i said if i kinda rush things or get distracted they can like obliverate me in a second,

like getting damaged like 300 per shot or something lol.

im level 46, i thinkm and i mean i also obliverate them, with quickhacking and shit or with guns too, Panam's rifle is an insta kill practically and i just put the ocular mod to have 50% extra damage with headshots lol.

Chance

Nov 22, 2017
Is it possible to break the story or cut off major character lines?

I haven't done any Takemura stories yet, and I just got Hellman. Just will I still have the 3 main job lines?

Not really.

When you're about to do something that will deny you other paths, it is clearly labeled and you won't mistake it. If you want to make sure you have a good relationship with X, as a general rule, do what they wanna' do and roll with their style which is not often hard to parse.

There are single missions - sometimes even single dialogue interactions - that reflect who lived or died earlier in the game, but as far as I recall it never hugely impacts the major threads. They're all there for the taking, and the first rule of accessing all of the major side-ones is just kinda' Mainline The Main Story Quests until you get to said Clearly Labeled And Unmistakable Point of No Return.

The little one-off sidequests unlock as you gain Street Cred. The major, multi-mission-spanning, character-driven ones are unlocked by progression through the mainline story quests.

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
Map is cleared in Pacifica but still no trophy. So i'm missing something.
I've tried to change time multiple times and check all messages/shards but still no dice.

2 more trophies and I'm done with this game but bugged quests.

Oct 27, 2017
ATL
So, I'm doing another playthrough and I wanted to do the NCPD mission mission that gives spawns the guy with the Conrad's Hammer recipe, but the mission isn't showing up on my map. I wonder if I already did it, so I went to the area, but there's no one dead with the item. Is my game bugged?

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
So I think CDPR actually designed these really well. Let me explain.

Side Jobs - For the most part, actual quests and proper content in the game. This is what you want to chase if you want a complete, mostly story-driven experience. Can be split into 3 types:

- Major: Could easily be part of the main story and there is actually a chance of it impacting the main missions anyway.
- Minor: Smaller quests that build out the world, has proper storylines, characters, and full dialogues. Can be part of chains that lead to a major.
- Lite: Pretty much a gig. The only reason it is not is that a fixer did not initiate it. Can be part of chains that lead to a minor.

Gigs - Smaller side content that effectively outlines V's role in this world. This is what she would be doing if we were not playing as her in this specific period of time. These are mostly junk food missions. Enough content and variety to keep you genuinely engaged, but not so much that you can't just listen to a podcast as you do them. 3 types:

- Major: Essentially minor side jobs, or can lead to minor side jobs. The only reason they are not is that they come from a fixer.
- Ubisoft Tier: Not terrible, but clearly filler. Don't do too much of these unless you are really into the game. And even then, break them up with other content.
- Cars: These are obnoxious, immersion-breaking, should not be tracked as quests, and need to go away. This game needs a different system to get new cars.

NCPD - These are effectively random encounters. These are not quests. They barely qualify as content. What they ARE though is 3rd/4th rate filler meant for people who want to grind shit and play the game for 100+ hours. This is on purpose. If you have 15 - 20 minutes to play the game, you probably don't want to do a story quest or a side job. Might be enough time to do a few of these and a Gig. Both of them have enough minor story content in the notes to buzz that part of your brain after killing stuff. These were always going to be in the game and based on how much content the game has otherwise, they were not put in instead of more meaningful fare. 2 Tiers:

- Overlap: Overlaps with a gig. This happens a lot with the cyberpsycho quests.
- Random Encounter: kill dudes, loot for trash to sell, read a note if you want to.

This is a superior version of what they tried in Witcher 3. In another company, implemented a different way, I might argue that this is thoughtless busywork to pad out meager content, but in this game, these are clearly thought out.

And while the icon bloat is still disgusting, at least this time their color-coding helps you know what to avoid depending on your mood.
Yeah I do appreciate the organization actually. I'll eventually get around to gigs, but side missions are my priority...I do wish I understood this better early on as I grinded so many gigs without really thinking about it as now I'm trying to grind out the side missions before finishing the game where most of my friends have finished the main story days ago. I fell behind fucking around with gigs and taking pics of everything lol.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Man oh man whoever does marketing needs to be fired. This game is incredible and not the edgeorgy as advertised. If CDPR had said a year ago that this was next-gen only, there would be a VERY different conversation about the game right now.
I'm blown away at how different the actual writing is from my expectations based on clips and trailers. I really thought it might be too edgelord like you did. Most of the writing feels like I'd expect from CDPR initially but then those trailers made me swerve.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Speaking of main missions, side jobs, and gigs, the game has gotten a thrashing from some people online about the story and it doesn't feel warranted. I think they got burned on performance and bugs and are now nitpicking other things. Even some minor, often-times gaming related minor celebrities I have followed for years.

I've played games with far, far less well written side content. GTA 5 immediately comes to mind, since they seemed unwilling to ever expand the emotional or intellectual spectrum of any mission beyond <college sophomore screaming as he crushes beer can on forehead> levels. And then other games tried, but it all amounted to fetch quests and the like. Almost every side mission here in CP is well scripted, well acted, every scene is given care by the artists, etc. The gigs meanwhile are exactly what one would expect: goto to place on map in open world, shoot people or hack something - done. The gigs are there for experience, creds, and mats.

I will wait until I finish the game to really give any kind of rating, but I have to say the story elements across the board and how they're married to presentation is second to none so far.

Mulberry

Oct 28, 2017
Map is cleared in Pacifica but still no trophy. So i'm missing something.
I've tried to change time multiple times and check all messages/shards but still no dice.

2 more trophies and I'm done with this game but bugged quests.
I think you have to progress the story to get some of them to pop up, that may be the issue.

Nekrono

May 17, 2018
I'm giving CDPR some time to polish the game, I just got the title card a few weeks ago and put it on hold, hopefully I can pick this up on January.

One mod that I would like very much is having all your dialogue options the same color, I think this would really enhance the RPG factor of the game, I don't like knowing which option moves the story forward or has implications. Is something like this available?

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
I'm giving CDPR some time to polish the game, I just got the title card a few weeks ago and put it on hold, hopefully I can pick this up on January.

One mod that I would like very much is having all your dialogue options the same color, I think this would really enhance the RPG factor of the game, I don't like knowing which option moves the story forward or has implications. Is something like this available?
Actually... sometimes the blue dialogue options can unlock another way to advance the conversation further. The yellow options typically are decision choices but sometimes the blue options can lead to another conversation choice.

Nekrono

May 17, 2018
Actually... sometimes the blue dialogue options can unlock another way to advance the conversation further. The yellow options typically are decision choices but sometimes the blue options can lead to another conversation choice.
Didn't know that, that's for the tip, that makes it more interesting then.

TissueBox

Oct 25, 2017
Urinated States of America
After getting my third ending two days ago, my game is now a shriveled fruit.

Cyberpunk boasts some of the finest writing, and worst, though that's a paragraph for another time, of an open world game this generation. It is greatest while telling us its stories, while running a beautifully woven and realized script. When setting us up with a dramatic set-piece or an extended mystery.

Stripped of that, there really isn't that much fun in traversing the world, or shooting the guns (which is actually fun to do -- combat, that is -- when we are given a proper arena to play in... which becomes few and far between over time), or exploring the streets for secrets.

The quests are the blood of this game, and as big as this game is... I actually wish there were more.

Kupo Kupopo

Jul 6, 2019
Speaking of main missions, side jobs, and gigs, the game has gotten a thrashing from some people online about the story and it doesn't feel warranted. I think they got burned on performance and bugs and are now nitpicking other things. Even some minor, often-times gaming related minor celebrities I have followed for years.

I've played games with far, far less well written side content. GTA 5 immediately comes to mind, since they seemed unwilling to ever expand the emotional or intellectual spectrum of any mission beyond <college sophomore screaming as he crushes beer can on forehead> levels. And then other games tried, but it all amounted to fetch quests and the like. Almost every side mission here in CP is well scripted, well acted, every scene is given care by the artists, etc. The gigs meanwhile are exactly what one would expect: goto to place on map in open world, shoot people or hack something - done. The gigs are there for experience, creds, and mats.

I will wait until I finish the game to really give any kind of rating, but I have to say the story elements across the board and how they're married to presentation is second to none so far.

agree completely. the writing's pretty phenomenal, &, yeah, unfortunately, this'll always be over-shadowed by the game's technical problems. i'm at the final chapter, playing on a base ps4, & i've had a really great time with the game for the most part. tho it may at times be a mess, but it's a rich, beautiful mess...

ken_matthews

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm, my computer randomly freezes/locks up after exiting the game. It doesnt happen often but I have to do a hard rest everytime. I checked the Windows logs and no errors prior to the freeze. I am not sure if it is the game or my 3090 FE. This never happened with any game on my 2080ti, (but I never played Cyberpunk with it) and I haven't had any other game after exit lock up my computer since I got my 3090. I searched the interwebs and saw a bunch of people reported issues with the 3090 FE cards but I haven't seen this one yet (and I haven't had any other issues). Is this happening to anybody else?

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
I laugh seeing restaurants and bars marked on the map, like why? They are pointless
I've never used one and my inventory stays full of food and drinks I find from combat encounters and exploring alone

Saddest part is when you talk to the cook or waiter or bartender and they talk about some unique items on their menu "like hey you should try our soy protein kebab whatever" and then you look at what they offer and there's nothing, only the usual trash you find everywhere in the game, like NiCola, or those detestable Chromanticores.

Yakuza games do this right and as a result every single bar and restaurant in the game has its own personality. CDPR should fucking take note. Also ironically there's probably more restaurants in Kamurocho than in all of Night City, and each of those has its own bespoke menu of food and drink.

Last edited:

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Very well said

The two things that hurt the game the most in my eyes are the lack of interaction in the world and the lack of reaction the world has to you
Those boring blue map markers could have at least had some purpose if say like the local NPC's started thanking you, giving you shop discounts, had more shops and activities open up, etc. for clearing out the neighborhood from gamg activity. As it stands NPC's do absolutely nothing no matter how much you do or where you are on the map.
I laugh seeing restaurants and bars marked on the map, like why? They are pointless
I've never used one and my inventory stays full of food and drinks I find from combat encounters and exploring alone

If you're running low on food you can buy some backpack items in those restaurants at least. They help when you're out of combat but still in hostile areas. It ain't much but at least it serves a purpose.

Oct 25, 2017
Norman, OK
I'm blown away at how different the actual writing is from my expectations based on clips and trailers. I really thought it might be too edgelord like you did. Most of the writing feels like I'd expect from CDPR initially but then those trailers made me swerve.

It's kind of ironic that the things people were concerned about prior to release, namely the writing and the combat/gunplay, wound up being two of the games's biggest strengths.

Deleted member 2152

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So at the start of my playthrough I was getting hacked by enemies non stop and it hasn't happened in a few dozen hours.

zerocalories

Oct 28, 2017
California
Hmmm, my computer randomly freezes/locks up after exiting the game. It doesnt happen often but I have to do a hard rest everytime. I checked the Windows logs and no errors prior to the freeze. I am not sure if it is the game or my 3090 FE. This never happened with any game on my 2080ti, (but I never played Cyberpunk with it) and I haven't had any other game after exit lock up my computer since I got my 3090. I searched the interwebs and saw a bunch of people reported issues with the 3090 FE cards but I haven't seen this one yet (and I haven't had any other issues). Is this happening to anybody else?

i have 3090 fe but it's on a water loop, but no problems

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017

The writing and characterization are genuinely very good. There is plenty of eye-rolling edge, but there is much more heart.

The biggest issue I have noticed is some pacing for story beats where the scene-to-scene editing feels atrocious. Happened a handful of times throughout the game.

Usually, these are scenes with Johnny where clearly the writers and directors knew they needed to fit them, but could not figure out quite how.

It's kind of ironic that the things people were concerned about prior to release, namely the writing and the combat/gunplay, wound up being two of the games's biggest strengths.

Depends on how you approach combat.

If you are not just doing shootybang, then there are several very serious issues. Agar25 and others brought some up earlier in the thread.

I went with an intelligence build and by level 10 I had broken the game. On very hard. By level 25 I had to purposefully NOT use the best tools in my kit to have fun.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019

Never had a single crash on my stock 3090 FE on that game (over 100 hours registered, all quests done) or the 970 (14 hours, intro done and few sidequests), whatever the patch levels i tried from 1.02 to 1.04 (all settings maxed out) that was not my own "fault" (insta crash trying to launch unpatched game through gog or gog-made shortcut, or disabling game-limits to explore forbidden zones and even then it only crashed once).
It is very very stable on my systems... that's at least something.
My play sessions were 3 to 20 hours long. 3090 is coupled with 32GB of ram (and 10900k with air cooler, on a rog maximus XII with a super flower leadex, my case is the normal boring case, big but no cooling fancy stuff, normal air cooled that keeps the system at 64-70 degrees C) , 970 with 16GB (i7 3820, old 750W corsair gold psu, and running quite hot hitting the gpu thermal protection on such heavy hitter set at 84 degrees).

That's a very odd behavior. Crash on exit would mean memory freeing problem in my book, that's were heavy objects destruction and memory assignment freeing occurs. Crash-inducing spikes would be more likely to happen early entering the game when the gpu is cold, rather than when the gpu is hot... and not on the FE, more on a custom where the silicon roulette can be quite an heavy influencer, specially for those not staying stock but trying to extract every drop of juice they can (playing with voltage and overclocking).
If your play sessions are very short, with best in class cooling, i'd monitor the frequency of the gpu upon exit... maybe when everything is freed your baby is playing the game at a thousand fpses and becomes crazy... still i would more readily suspect the ram if that's the only game going nuts, that's one heavy game, even with 970-grade settings and specially with all maxed out for the 3090fe.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
The writing and characterization are genuinely very good. There is plenty of eye-rolling edge, but there is much more heart.

The biggest issue I have noticed is some pacing for story beats where the scene-to-scene editing feels atrocious. Happened a handful of times throughout the game.

Usually, these are scenes with Johnny where clearly the writers and directors knew they needed to fit them, but could not figure out quite how.

Depends on how you approach combat.

If you are not just doing shootybang, then there are several very serious issues. Agar25 and others brought some up earlier in the thread.

I went with an intelligence build and by level 10 I had broken the game. On very hard. By level 25 I had to purposefully NOT use the best tools in my kit to have fun.

I do love my shooty bang ^_^, they did a great job of giving the weapons weight and impact. One of the sniper rifles you get as a reward somewhere especially, just a major kick in the best way. The shotguns are awesome as well.

Popped in to say a little exclamation point mission led me to encountering a random clan member standing watch somewhere, someone who recognized me from being around the Aldecado camp from the Panam mission. He waves you down and you end up being able to assist some of the Nomad characters you met alongside Panam.

That right there ^ was probably one of my favorite interactions in my entire 60 hrs so far ( i'm doing everything in one play through so I'm taking my time ) simply because of how it felt. Yes ,other missions have deeper writing, character interaction, character emoting, etc. but this had absolutely everything I hoped this game would have in spades :
- Having your character be fully 100% recognized by someone you've never seen before, making you feel like you've made an impression , that you're growing into that " Night City Legend"
-Running into familiar faces that know who you are. That feeling of " omg hey! I know these folks !" . That they were not "main" characters, that they were side characters made the world feel so much bigger.
- Members of a gang that callback to something you did in an earlier mission ,to their gang in another part of the city
- Your past in game actions being reflected in dialogue choices that your "V" can use to sway how a situation goes

CDPR could never have been able to craft a RocKstar* world ( really who else can) with dozens of systems interacting with each other... BUT... if they had crafted a world that constantly reacted to you like in this mission, if as the game progressed you encountered moments wherein the way you've crafted your "V" was reflected back at you in the world's characters, the game would catapult immediately into something much greater.

Really I'm both so over the moon at what was less than a few minutes of a quest, while also bummed that moments like this have been so few and far between.

Cocolina

Oct 28, 2017
For the Tapeworm quest

I was expecting Johnny to just go on a freedom bender and achieve nothing

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
I do love my shooty bang ^_^, they did a great job of giving the weapons weight and impact. One of the sniper rifles you get as a reward somewhere especially, just a major kick in the best way. The shotguns are awesome as well.

Popped in to say a little exclamation point mission led me to encountering a random clan member standing watch somewhere, someone who recognized me from being around the Aldecado camp from the Panam mission. He waves you down and you end up being able to assist some of the Nomad characters you met alongside Panam.

That right there ^ was probably one of my favorite interactions in my entire 60 hrs so far ( i'm doing everything in one play through so I'm taking my time ) simply because of how it felt. Yes ,other missions have deeper writing, character interaction, character emoting, etc. but this had absolutely everything I hoped this game would have in spades :
- Having your character be fully 100% recognized by someone you've never seen before, making you feel like you've made an impression , that you're growing into that " Night City Legend"
-Running into familiar faces that know who you are. That feeling of " omg hey! I know these folks !" . That they were not "main" characters, that they were side characters made the world feel so much bigger.
- Members of a gang that callback to something you did in an earlier mission ,to their gang in another part of the city
- Your past in game actions being reflected in dialogue choices that your "V" can use to sway how a situation goes

CDPR could never have been able to craft a RocKstar* world ( really who else can) with dozens of systems interacting with each other... BUT... if they had crafted a world that constantly reacted to you like in this mission, if as the game progressed you encountered moments wherein the way you've crafted your "V" was reflected back at you in the world's characters, the game would catapult immediately into something much greater.

Really I'm both so over the moon at what was less than a few minutes of a quest, while also bummed that moments like this have been so few and far between.

There is are a few more events like that, but they are few, and the level of interconnectivity is presented too subtly.

There is a gig you can do to kill a Tyger Claw Pimp/Rapist. If you did it before the main quest
Automatic Love
, it specifically comes up as a dialogue option and a threat you can make.

I was legit confused by this interaction for like 10 minutes before I remembered doing this really minor gig.