• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Epileptic PSA: There are reports that animations and flashing lights in this game can cause seizures. Read this article for more information

Why is there controversy surrounding CD Projekt Red and Cyberpunk 2077?

CD Projekt Red has a history of transphobia. This is well documented at this point and not a matter of debate. Due to this context there is particular concern about transphobic or insensitive content in Cyberpunk 2077 itself, such as the decision to tie gender to voice in the character creator, and trans fetishization in illustrations in the game—and these are just examples from prerelease footage. Additionally, there have been concerns about racist imagery and stereotyping. This article goes into depth about some of these issues.

What incidents of transphobia have occurred surrounding the game and the company, and why are they hurtful?

This list will be updated over time as more examples come to light, especially as the game releases and more content is uncovered. If you wish to have something added to this list, please send me a DM and get my attention.

Why is ResetEra allowing an official thread for this game?

There has been a lot of discussion about whether there should even be an official thread for Cyberpunk 2077, and many points of view were considered for this decision. Ultimately, a thread like this can serve as a platform for minority concerns to be aired and discussed respectfully, and given appropriate attention. We've also heard from minority members, including some trans members, who have asked for a space where they can talk about the game without needing to worry about trolling and bigoted posting. We expect all posters in the thread to extend the consideration and empathy to give them that space. We will be moderating as strictly as necessary to make sure they do.

What can I do to help fight transphobia?

Transphobia exists in many aspects of our lives. From casual discrimination such as the continuous misuse of a person's preferred pronouns, to more serious ramifications such as housing being denied, legal rights being taken away, and being discriminated in the legal system. Every trans person either has experienced transphobia in their lives, or will experience transphobia at some point.

Moreover, transphobia is a systematic issue that is present in every level of our society. Politicians fight to take away our rights. Celebrities use coded language and religious justifications, if not outright hostility, in order to continue to deny our existence. Media continues to portray us as the butt of a joke, or acts like we're something to be fascinated by, rather than treated with respect.

Actions speak louder than words: Become active in your local politics, donate to transgender causes, stand up for these issues wherever they arise, and if you know transgender people in your life be there for them and support them.

Here are some pro-trans organizations around the world where you can make a donation and show your support
  • For those of you in the US, The Trevor Project is one of the leading LGBT organizations. They are dedicated to crisis intervention and suicide prevention for people who are in need of support, love, and care.
  • For those of you in the UK, Mermaids is dedicated to the support of transgender, non-binary, and gender-diverse children, young adults, and their families. They have been around since 1995, and have been one of the most vocal voices speaking out against transphobia in the UK, including showing the dangers that transphobia imposes upon our youth.
  • If you would like to donate to CDPR's native country of Poland, you can find the Trans-Fuzja Foundation website here. The Trans-Fuzja Foundation has been around since 2008, and is dedicated to the support of transgender people in Poland in many aspects of life and society, including politics.
We are your friends. We are your family members. We're your coworkers. We're the people you meet on the street. We're the essential workers who keep society running in a pandemic. We're everywhere. We're not some sort of freak or joke, and we're not going away.

I want to give major thanks to Uzzy for lending her talent, time, and effort in putting together graphics and material for this official thread. Without her, this would not have been possible on such short notice. I would also like to give a shout out and thanks to Kyuuji for allowing me to use images and links from her own thread for this posts.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
What sort of things are you speccing into? I honestly don't know how you even level Annihilation or anything like that lol

I'm basically doing the same build. Put into blades and swap out your cyberdeck for the Sandevistan which gives you basically super speed and slow-motion. You lose the ability to hack people/cameras/turrets though. That can be fixed by putting points into technical so you can shut off cameras by getting under them.

Plum

May 31, 2018
I'm basically doing the same build. Put into blades and swap out your cyberdeck for the Sandevistan which gives you basically super speed and slow-motion. You lose the ability to hack people/cameras/turrets though. That can be fixed by putting points into technical so you can shut off cameras by getting under them.

Ah, how many points into Tech do I need to put in? Because that kind of fucks up my whole build if I have to do that...

Sorry, it's my fault but all this just raises more anxiety than it fixes lol

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
So i decided to see if i could use the double jump to parkour myself up this skyscraper in kabuki plaza.
NivV4KG.jpg

I was pleasantly surprised to see that you could, it was a bit tricky and took some deaths and save scumming.
HyXYCex.jpg

As for getting back down, well lets just say i had to look for a previous save.
R6VxN9T.jpg

It will be interesting to see where people manage to climb using the double jump and the slow mo dodge glitch.
I've definitely gotten to some pretty stupid locations lol. There's definitely some jank in some areas, I'll like insta-die by touching the wrong ledge and the game I think doesnt know what to do other than to kill me. I've fallen and landed in random lots where I dont think I'm supposed to be because I can just walk through solid looking objects.

BrassDragon

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
I've definitely gotten to some pretty stupid locations lol. There's definitely some jank in some areas, I'll like insta-die by touching the wrong ledge and the game I think doesnt know what to do other than to kill me. I've fallen and landed in random lots where I dont think I'm supposed to be because I can just walk through solid looking objects.

There are quite a few building elements that have no LOD or collision detection when you start urban exploring with the boosted jumps.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Same thing happened to me after

Rescuing Evelyn and seeing her sick and weak, then coming to the apartment and finding... well

z4dr0Oz.png

Seems pretty fucking lively to me.
lmao.

I had to save and reload after the relic heist
where jackie's body was in the car. When I reloaded, he spawned just standing next to the car like normal.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
On the Series X post 1.06 patch, I don't see any in game options to turn off HDR? Is that the same for everyone else?

BrassDragon

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Surely there is something cut from Evelyn Parker's story?

I don't understand why you don't get to interact with Evelyn after extracting her from the Braindance studio. Her demise is not really the issue but it's just odd from a storytelling / narrative economy perspective that you don't even get a message or phone call with her in the long stretch after... Also feels like there should have been one more scene between her and Judy at least.

If the intent was to have her die tragically / on her own terms, why not just do it at the end of the Disasterpiece mission because what happens now has effectively the same result only the execution is more stilted and uninvolving for the player.

Mifune

Oct 30, 2017
I've been enjoying the game but this main quest line that introduces Panam aka RAAAAGE GIRL (seriously, what do people see in this character) has been kinda shitty. Doesn't help that the bugs have been especially lively in this stretch. All the nomad stuff is doing nothing for me - get me back to Night City fast.

CosmicElement

Oct 27, 2017
Even as a male V that was a really good ending, got me feeling emotional after that goodbye.

Then I popped over to her apartment and she's just chilling in there. Kinda killed the emotional impact lol.
Yeah after the last character mission for Judy she just sat there silently. I couldn't even 'Talk' to her whatsoever. Even a 'hey V' would've gone a long way here...

BrassDragon

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
I've been enjoying the game but this main quest line that introduces Panam aka RAAAAGE GIRL (seriously, what do people see in this character) has been kinda shitty. Doesn't help that the bugs have been especially lively in this stretch. All the nomad stuff is doing nothing for me - get me back to Night City fast.

Just think of that part as Mitch's story... the real nomad MVP.

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
Lmao how??? I have way more hours than you and I'm still in Act 2. Did you just do main quests only or something? I'm actually shocked unless I'm super bad at math LOL
I did main quest and a lot of sidequests, like a lot.I could have finished the game in ~20hrs focusing only in main path, the game is pretty short.
Ps: Just did another one and it's my favorite so far.

Last edited:

anf

Oct 27, 2017
San Francisco, USA
I am 20 hours into the game and this probably one of the best game I've played in a while.

Yes it's pretty buggy, I have to reload saves every few hours but the rest is quite impressive.

The city is incredible, by far the best city I've experienced in a game, the writing and voice acting are awesome. The quests are plenty of fun and out there, as good or better than Witcher 3.
And mainly the gameplay and the gunplay is actually fun. I love Rocktar open worlds but the gunplay was always meh, this is something else.

TissueBox

Oct 25, 2017
Urinated States of America
Been through a handful of the endings, and gotta say:

They all suck.

This is less about their quality, than it is their invariable bittersweet-ness -- primarily because of one factor:

If you have a romantic partner, then basically, once you hit the point of no return, you are LEAVING THEM BEHIND. With no real final address, besides that little 'goodbye' chat you can have with them on the roof.

Maybe it's different with the others. But with Judy, there's no moment where you can talk to them one on one about the whole ordeal, maybe even have a big dramatic argument. They're one of the closest people to you, yet you just leave them in the dark. It would make sense that they would WANT to go batting for you -- if anything, their being involved in your finale of choice would add up not only gameplay-wise, but both logically and narratively. If you ARE gonna die, at least create an arc that concludes with [at the very least, optional] aplomb, instead of just being left to one single outcome every time -- you leaving them dangling without saying a thing.

Idk, I feel like V, or one parallel version of them, would at least try to talk to their other half about their fate and where they see themselves going.

To me, that is the most screwed up part. No matter what happens, (unless you attain the presumable Best Ending, who knows [I don't know how this one goes, and would like it to stay that way until I get there for the most part xP], be it Johnny taking V over, or V killing themselves, etc., V is still gone, and their closest friends don't get to be a part of their final hours. It would make more sense if they were forced into that kind of situation -- but there is still plenty of time once Nocturne begins to have a moment or sequence dedicated to tieing up these loose ends.

I know they 'tell' you to do this before starting the mission itself, but it doesn't really compute. There is not much stopping V from doing that after it begins. After which, whatever rep and bonding you had or hadn't accumulated up to that point could determine how said attempts at tying up your loose ends diverge.

*sigh*

In any case. I guess I'd be fine with it if, again, there was no logical alternative. But in this case, it just feels like it was something that there was possibly not enough time to implement. Can't speak on that, though, so. All spec!

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
So about 20 hours in the game clicked for me and I just did every sidequest that had to do with big story characters and then finished the game with the
Panam
ending.
Really ended up enjoying it but a lot of that is thanks to my 3080 and it carrying performance.
I was originally playing in 4k on my CX but I swapped over to my 1440p display halfway through for some locked 80 or so frames with cranked settings and I wouldn't have it any other way.
Have high hopes for the dlc but I think it's gonna be a really long time before we see it due to required bug fixes and them still working on the online stuff.
In the end it ended up being an enjoyable ride.

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
I saw 3 ending, 2 mediocre boring with almost no real impact or last great impression on me, the last one is ok at least.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Ah, how many points into Tech do I need to put in? Because that kind of fucks up my whole build if I have to do that...

Sorry, it's my fault but all this just raises more anxiety than it fixes lol

I've noticed to turn off most cameras is about 8-14 tech. Tech does give you an advantage of building better gear and being able to swap out and reinstall modifications though. Which is super useful

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
lmao.

I had to save and reload after the relic heist
where jackie's body was in the car. When I reloaded, he spawned just standing next to the car like normal.

Some more fun "Why the fuck is this happening" moments

Robot eating a burger
fJ6ocka.jpg

The fuck you doing in my house Rogue?
xxXZuym.jpg

You've heard of Elf on a shelf. Well here's smug on a bug
sY8UR8i.png

Oct 27, 2017
You should do some side missions :)

That was the shittiest tank, and the laziest mission possible. It is as if you told there is aircrafts and mid-air combat section and then all we had was the Silverhand tower entrance...

Overall, everything vehicle in this game is a disappointment, done much better in GTA San Andreas on PS2. Batmobile/Bat-tank were much better in AK. I wish this game didn't have any vehicle sections, because all they do is showcase just how trash it is. On-rails car-chase sections only, where the player is kind of watching a really hard to fail cutscene.

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
Just had a bug with mr hands quest where he just won't call. Looked like it got muddled up with a side gig and he was calling me for that and not the main quest Luckily I made a manual save about 3 hours back. But fuck :( had no luck with all the auto saves. Luckily after skipping all the dialogue and that and basically speed running it I got back to where I was in an hour. With the same good equipment i found. Annoying though. If I didn't have that manual save that would of been 44 hours down the drain. Save often people

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm close to the end but I don't want it to end so I'm just clearing the map and getting achievements lol.

Deleted member 8118

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Okay, the crashes are getting a little too ridiculous on PC lol

It seems like their recent update causes a lot of instability when doing my overclock.

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
I never had any real bad issues with this game until today. I'm in Act 2 and had a hard crash for the first time. I also had cars and pedestrians loading in and out of my screen. This is on a series x. Somehow the game is running worse the further I get.

Oct 27, 2017
Okay, the crashes are getting a little too ridiculous on PC lol

It seems like their recent update causes a lot of instability when doing my overclock.

Perhaps your OC is unstable, and Cyberpunk is the game that pushes it to the max?

I am running 3600 + 1070Ti, with extra Afterburner Juice and PBO boosting CPU to the limits, and the game hasn't crashed once in over 30h :)

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of HDR, on PC the configuration page sucks. Is there a good guide for tweaking HDR with certain locations in game?

Would this game be as good or better than Witcher 3 if it weren't for the bugs?

I love this game but even without bugs there's still a ton of unrealized potential and lack of the game recognizing your decisions (romance dialogue choices are unchanged even if you're in a relationship with someone else). I think with some free updates along with DLC this has the potential to rival Witcher 3.

Last edited:

Corsick

Oct 27, 2017
That's tough....for me I'd actually say it's better than the Witcher 3, but it could be the afterglow. I just think the intimate character moments feel a bit harder hitting in Cyberpunk, but we'll really need to see how the game evolves with DLC. When they nail a scene and moment with the right dialogue, animations and music, it hits a certain high I didn't feel in the Witcher. It feels more relatable for me. The combat being better, especially at higher levels also helps quite a bit since movement becomes pretty great with double jump for example.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
So played in a friend's house and i will wait a year till i play it on ps5
I really liked it, but...i want to play it without the ridiculous bugs (wtf is happening with npcs in this game?)

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017

even with the bugs, i'd put it above. its genuinely fun to play in addition to enjoying the world and characters. witcher no doubt has advantages over cyberpunk, not the least the issue with the bugs, but i'm at 40+ hours of cyberpunk and just want more. this is roughly where i walked away from the witcher 3, never to finish, because it was just too long and i was over it.

Deleted member 8118

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Perhaps your OC is unstable, and Cyberpunk is the game that pushes it to the max?

I am running 3600 + 1070Ti, with extra Afterburner Juice and PBO boosting CPU to the limits, and the game hasn't crashed once in over 30h :)
Weird, probably some issue with your OC. I've still never had a single crash on PC personally.
It just started crashing. I'd been using the same OC for a while. I'll tune it down.

Resident4t.

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
is it just me or is watson (regina area) the worst part of the game. I moved on to another district and the gig introductions and flavor text are just immediately more interesting.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
Has a good run tonight.
Finally met Rogue, about to hit up Panama.

Then i slayed some street rats.had an item stat box stuck on the screen. Then opened a shard and the game locked, and had to quit.

When it runs without a hitch, things are swell. Then it grind to a halt. Time to listen to the title screen bass for a bit.

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
So I just got to the point in the main story and it warns you you are at a point of no return. Is there much main story left?

I am at 42 hours and and I feel I've have been taking my time and soaking in the city and doing side jobs alot.

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
So I just got to the point in the main story and it warns you you are at a point of no return. Is there much main story left?

I am at 42 hours and and I feel I've have been taking my time and soaking in the city and doing side jobs alot.
A ton of side jobs open up in Act 3. I was kind of shocked about how many new character threads were introduced.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
Some people are saying you shouldn't be expecting Deus Ex-level open-ended mission design in this game, but honestly some of the gigs do manage to feel like Deus Ex-lite in terms of level design.

There aren't vent shafts everywhere and shit, but once you get double jump you can approach gig locations from almost any angle, and often there's an open window on the roof or an unlockable back door or something. Sometimes it even feels a little Mirror's Edge-ish. From there it kinda depends on how you choose to hack things, which is really becoming the game's strongest point gameplay-wise for me.

Outside of that the regular gigs are sort of like Fallout/Elder Scrolls dungeons -- you just go in and loot them.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
On the Series X post 1.06 patch, I don't see any in game options to turn off HDR? Is that the same for everyone else?
There never was a toggle for HDR on/off on the Xbox version. Most if not all HDR games on Xbox do not have a toggle, it is at the system level.

I have been playing the Series X BC version since launch and there never was a toggle. I personally been playing with turning it off at the system level since I think it looks a lot better without the HDR. I hope they fix the HDR though because there are some scenes that look great in HDR, but overall with HDR there is no true black.