• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Epileptic PSA: There are reports that animations and flashing lights in this game can cause seizures. Read this article for more information

Why is there controversy surrounding CD Projekt Red and Cyberpunk 2077?

CD Projekt Red has a history of transphobia. This is well documented at this point and not a matter of debate. Due to this context there is particular concern about transphobic or insensitive content in Cyberpunk 2077 itself, such as the decision to tie gender to voice in the character creator, and trans fetishization in illustrations in the game—and these are just examples from prerelease footage. Additionally, there have been concerns about racist imagery and stereotyping. This article goes into depth about some of these issues.

What incidents of transphobia have occurred surrounding the game and the company, and why are they hurtful?

This list will be updated over time as more examples come to light, especially as the game releases and more content is uncovered. If you wish to have something added to this list, please send me a DM and get my attention.

Why is ResetEra allowing an official thread for this game?

There has been a lot of discussion about whether there should even be an official thread for Cyberpunk 2077, and many points of view were considered for this decision. Ultimately, a thread like this can serve as a platform for minority concerns to be aired and discussed respectfully, and given appropriate attention. We've also heard from minority members, including some trans members, who have asked for a space where they can talk about the game without needing to worry about trolling and bigoted posting. We expect all posters in the thread to extend the consideration and empathy to give them that space. We will be moderating as strictly as necessary to make sure they do.

What can I do to help fight transphobia?

Transphobia exists in many aspects of our lives. From casual discrimination such as the continuous misuse of a person's preferred pronouns, to more serious ramifications such as housing being denied, legal rights being taken away, and being discriminated in the legal system. Every trans person either has experienced transphobia in their lives, or will experience transphobia at some point.

Moreover, transphobia is a systematic issue that is present in every level of our society. Politicians fight to take away our rights. Celebrities use coded language and religious justifications, if not outright hostility, in order to continue to deny our existence. Media continues to portray us as the butt of a joke, or acts like we're something to be fascinated by, rather than treated with respect.

Actions speak louder than words: Become active in your local politics, donate to transgender causes, stand up for these issues wherever they arise, and if you know transgender people in your life be there for them and support them.

Here are some pro-trans organizations around the world where you can make a donation and show your support
  • For those of you in the US, The Trevor Project is one of the leading LGBT organizations. They are dedicated to crisis intervention and suicide prevention for people who are in need of support, love, and care.
  • For those of you in the UK, Mermaids is dedicated to the support of transgender, non-binary, and gender-diverse children, young adults, and their families. They have been around since 1995, and have been one of the most vocal voices speaking out against transphobia in the UK, including showing the dangers that transphobia imposes upon our youth.
  • If you would like to donate to CDPR's native country of Poland, you can find the Trans-Fuzja Foundation website here. The Trans-Fuzja Foundation has been around since 2008, and is dedicated to the support of transgender people in Poland in many aspects of life and society, including politics.
We are your friends. We are your family members. We're your coworkers. We're the people you meet on the street. We're the essential workers who keep society running in a pandemic. We're everywhere. We're not some sort of freak or joke, and we're not going away.

I want to give major thanks to Uzzy for lending her talent, time, and effort in putting together graphics and material for this official thread. Without her, this would not have been possible on such short notice. I would also like to give a shout out and thanks to Kyuuji for allowing me to use images and links from her own thread for this posts.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
As I said multiple times, my expectations are
different if your lighthearted meme channel offers a review that is an EXPLICIT, why-are-peeps-so-hard-on-CDPR defense take written weeks after original reviews, implying that the takedowns weren't deserved, which means... they probably read the takedowns they're screenshotting in said review?

If that position is completely ludicrous to you, so be it I guess.
Sigh :) The video is about the "bigger" controversy around the game (note not implying more important). The one reaching mainstream media. Watching the video it's explicit what they are defending. The title of the video is CD Projekt RED vs. Gamers. Capital G Gamers aren't at CD Projekt's throat because of minority representation. Maybe they comment on the sociopolitical issues in the actual Girlfriend Review for the game, but I really doubt that too. And if they do, I doubt it's anything good (going by their past work they're not the ones to do it). But this video is about specific subject around the game. If someone does a critique about the minority representation of Cyberpunk, I'm not going to ask "what about the game mechanics though? If you're critiquing a game, you should talk about the gameplay". It's absolutely okay to adress specific issues in a video, it doesn't need to be all encompassing. Maybe they didn't bring up minority representation in the video because that's not the thing they wanted to defend CDPR for. It's not like the video is a defense of everything CD Projekt has fucked up, the video calls out the leadership. What they do is show some love and respect for the devs who are at risk for suffering the most in this. With the working conditions, with social media abuse and if things go really bad in the future, possible downsizing (not saying it's likely). While they've done some incredible work don't think you should be so bothered just because they showed some empathy for workers and call it a "defense of corporation".

The video does take two jabs at right wingers though, Karens and racist gaming community. And there's good underlying message in the video about our current gaming culture.

Last edited:

Green

Oct 27, 2017
I've decided to play it on my phone with razer Kishi through GeForce now until next gen version hits. 30fps doesn't bother me on phone as much as on my tv (shield pro ) and it looks outstanding on the phone

The kishi has been a fantastic addition to my old Samsung 8. I'm one who's particularly sensitive to image quality issues, and I can say with bold faced insistence, that many games played with a Kishi (from Game Pass or otherwise), assuming you're on a little OLED, have comparable IQ to my LG OLED... like scaled down. Like, it's actually really good in my experience. It's JUST hitting that, but it does for the most part in my experience. I still think it's a great way to play. Especially if it's your only option right now.

TissueBox

Oct 25, 2017
Urinated States of America
*politely clears throat*

Whose idea was it to bind both crouch/stand and dialogue skips to the SAME BUTTON!?

Not a game breaking thing, but every now and then I'll be crouched when suddenly someone's talking to me -- and I'll be unable to stand up because now I'm fast forwarding through their lines. Don't know what's worse, when 1) I'm talking to them face to face, from the POV of a toddler, or 2) when I'm slinking past enemies in a hostile area trying to take them out when suddenly I get a call on the holo. >_<

(Playing on XBONE.)

megalowho

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Lack of cohesion in button input design is felt in a few places. Most noticeably with the crouch/dialogue thing, but it's almost charmingly baffling that the game has three separate prompts for advancing through the opening cutscene and loading a save at the start (B > Start > A).

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The kishi has been a fantastic addition to my old Samsung 8. I'm one who's particularly sensitive to image quality issues, and I can say with bold faced insistence, that many games played with a Kishi (from Game Pass or otherwise), assuming you're on a little OLED, have comparable IQ to my LG OLED... like scaled down. Like, it's actually really good in my experience. It's JUST hitting that, but it does for the most part in my experience. I still think it's a great way to play. Especially if it's your only option right now.
Yeah I bought a Samsung a71 (6.7 oled) just for cloud gaming (stadia - gfn). It doesn't look bad on my tv (77cx) with shield pro. Natively it's a bit blurry with the shield ai upscaling to low or medium make it much better. Unfortunately it doesn't go much higher than 30fps in the city and 30fps is tough on tv. On phone it's much easier and if I go for 30 I can put all settings to high

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
People on PC/Stadia, do you prefer kb+m or controller for this? Driving feels awful with a keyboard and there's definitely issues with controller too on some of the vehicles atleast. But overall I feel k+bm is almost a must for a fluid experience.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
People on PC/Stadia, do you prefer kb+m or controller for this? Driving feels awful with a keyboard and there's definitely issues with controller too on some of the vehicles atleast. But overall I feel k+bm is almost a must for a fluid experience.
KB&M, and I've kind of got the hang of driving.

I just tap the accelerate (W) button steadily to drive, and press on long stretches. This way I can take corners really easily by just letting go and turning, and hand break in a pinch to skid. I actually find bikes handle best, so I mostly ride those.

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Does anybody here drive using first person? I couldn't do it in GTA and I definitely can't do it now. I'll immediately switch to third person once I'm in a vehicle.

*politely clears throat*

Whose idea was it to bind both crouch/stand and dialogue skips to the SAME BUTTON!?

Not a game breaking thing, but every now and then I'll be crouched when suddenly someone's talking to me -- and I'll be unable to stand up because now I'm fast forwarding through their lines. Don't know what's worse, when 1) I'm talking to them face to face, from the POV of a toddler, or 2) when I'm slinking past enemies in a hostile area trying to take them out when suddenly I get a call on the holo. >_<

(Playing on XBONE.)
Oh man, I run into this problem ALL the time, especially as someone who primarily plays a stealth build.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
KB&M, and I've kind of got the hang of driving.

I just tap the accelerate (W) button steadily to drive, and press on long stretches. This way I can take corners really easily by just letting go and turning, and hand break in a pinch to skid. I actually find bikes handle best, so I mostly ride those.
Yeah agree about bikes. I'll need to try out that approach for driving too. Mafia 3 is probably my favorite open world for driving (actual driving games excluded). Especially with the simulated setting it was super fun. That game didn't get enough credit at launch, most things good were drowned by the talk of bugs and repetitive mission loop.
Does anybody here drive using first person? I couldn't do it in GTA and I definitely can't do it now. I'll immediately switch to third person once I'm in a vehicle.
I find the first person view harder to control on kbm atleast, prolly because I don't see how the car reacts. I have problems with oversteering. So most of the time I'm driving third person.

brutalian

Oct 26, 2017
*politely clears throat*

(Playing on XBONE.)

You can double tap jump to stop crouching. I do have double jump btw.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah agree about bikes. I'll need to try out that approach for driving too. Mafia 3 is probably my favorite open world for driving (actual driving games excluded). Especially with the simulated setting it was super fun. That game didn't get enough credit at launch, most things good were drowned by the talk of bugs and repetitive mission loop.
I find this technique works for every game like this on PC. IF the game allows both inputs at once, I will have my gamepad next to me to pick up when I jump in a car, but unfortunately it doesn't work here. So I fall back on this.

This is the second random post praising Mafia 3 today that I've read, I really need to check that game out...

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
I find this technique works for every game like this on PC. IF the game allows both inputs at once, I will have my gamepad next to me to pick up when I jump in a car, but unfortunately it doesn't work here. So I fall back on this.

This is the second random post praising Mafia 3 today that I've read, I really need to check that game out...
Another diamond in the rough. I've understood the DLC spices up the mission structure a bit, but also makes the game even longer while it's stretched already. And if you play it, remember to set simulated driving on.

Last edited:

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
*politely clears throat*

(Playing on XBONE.)

There's quite a few things about this game that are flat puzzling

The inventory UI is a disaster.
Mouse cursor on console cause why not. And also you have to craft and sell every item 1 by 1. It takes forever to sell items cause of that. Also the UI can be laggy on console which makes it worse

z1ggy

Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
Im enjoying my second playthrough a bit more than the first one

Jackies...

Death
20201225112345_1.jpg

My favorite Mox

20201225222102_1.jpg

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017

KB/Mouse all the way. Driving feels great on a keyboard for me. I'm on the Akira bike 95% of the time and I've figured out the input for driving really well.

Also, playing on hard, is anyone having a really easy time with the car races? Almost done with the Claire storyline and it surprised me where it went.

Poor Tekemura. Gonna be waiting until June 2021 for me at the rate I'm going.

Im enjoying my second playthrough a bit more

My favorite Mox

20201225222102_1.jpg

I would spoiler that first one. That was sad for me. I know you're on your 2nd but it's the first emotional punch in the game and it hasn't even been out a month.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Is there a comprehensive list online with full composing credits for the music? I mean everything, the score and the radio. From what I've searched I've only foud people credit the biggest artists in their articles about the game's music/radio. But I'd like a list of everything.
KB/Mouse all the way. Driving feels great on a keyboard for me. I'm on the Akira bike 95% of the time and I've figured out the input for driving really well.

Also, playing on hard, is anyone having a really easy time with the car races? Almost done with the Claire storyline and it surprised me where it went.

Poor Tekemura. Gonna be waiting until June 2021 for me at the rate I'm going.
Yeah the races were really easy, as I recall the race AI was talked in this thread earlier. It seemed to be about as bad as the civilian AI.

BrassDragon

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
*politely clears throat*

(Playing on XBONE.)

This. I'm also baffled that, to holster your weapon, you have to double-tap the same button used for cycling to the next weapon slot... you inevitably end up cycling through all your slots to get the primary sidearm readied and holstered instead of just smoothly transitioning in and out of combat stance.

With input lag and the looonnng weapon readying animations, this is just a constant annoyance.

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
Is there a comprehensive list online with full composing credits for the music? I mean everything, the score and the radio. From what I've searched I've only foud people credit the biggest artists in their articles about the game's music/radio. But I'd like a list of everything.
Not the entire list. But the official radio soundtrack is available on Spotify divided on 3 Vols. 32 songs in total.

dedhead54

Oct 28, 2017
34 hours in and I've found almost no good looking clothes. Do I need to be checking the stores? I checked one a while back and everything with ugly as shit so I didn't even attemp another.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
Sometimes, in this game, you kinda have to make your own fun. So as I near the end of the game, I'm sorta role-playing my V to become more and more like
Johnny, as he turns into him. He drives Johnny's car, wears his clothes, uses his gun, listens to rock exclusively, is always drunk. I originally had a glass cannon sniper with quickhacks but I respecced, in the limited capacity this game lets you, into handguns.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Omg. I know everything looks amazing on psychedelics...but I turned off everything HUD related and now I'm having the time of my life driving around the city. Music. The flashing lights. The chattering. Feels like I'm actually in Night City for the first time ever since I've been playing...even with this mediocre performance on console lol.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Got the 'New Dawn Fades' ending.

Some real body horror there. Non Self Aware Clones are a thing in the Cyberpunk verse, so I have to imagine that Relics would only be used in those body's, empty shells effectively, cause otherwise that's real nightmarish stuff, driving out the host mind from the body.

Still a great ending, seeing Johnny ride out of Night City. Then I noticed the missed messages from Judy, and then the credit sequence hit.. and now I'm doing it again. There really is only going to be one good ending, isn't there?

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
Level 11 and just completed Disasterpiece (I know I'm playing slowly).

Still have 10 points and 18 perks to spend. I feel like I'm missing out on alot but 3 not spending. But I'm afraid of mispending.

Corsick

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else think cdpr could pull some crazy plot twists and turns with
rogue AIs in the dlc? Just seems like there's potential there to add or even change endings if they really wanted to.
I'm assuming that we'll just get more content that's based off of what they had to cut. I'm super interested to see where they go with it all. Providing some very polished dlc could be a good way to earn back trust for those feeling burned by the rocky launch.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Got the 'New Dawn Fades' ending.

Some real body horror there. Non Self Aware Clones are a thing in the Cyberpunk verse, so I have to imagine that Relics would only be used in those body's, empty shells effectively, cause otherwise that's real nightmarish stuff, driving out the host mind from the body.

Still a great ending, seeing Johnny ride out of Night City. Then I noticed the missed messages from Judy, and then the credit sequence hit.. and now I'm doing it again. There really is only going to be one good ending, isn't there?

If you happened to pick the right responses, the (ending spoiler)
Don't Fear the Reaper, in which you solo Arasaka Tower ending (if Johnny suggests it) is another 'somewhat' hopeful ending, where a new character shows up and offers you another job with the dangling carrot of having some other tech that could save you

svacina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What exactly does Cold Blood do? I tried the wiki. It didn't explain shit.
For Cold Blood to do anything at all you have to take at least one level in the original perk after which killing enemies starts giving you stacks of cold blood which do whatever other perks in the tree you've bought say they do (ie more armor, dmg, speed and so on)

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
I found a dope Tyger Claw car. Is it possible for me to keep it if I park in V's parking garage at her apartment?

The only cars you can actually keep are the ones you buy through Fixers unfortunately. You can't even go to autoshop and change the paint of the purchased vehicles and yet there are multiple color variants of the AI driven pedestrian cars on the road.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
The only cars you can actually keep are the ones you buy through Fixers unfortunately. You can't even go to autoshop and change the paint of the purchased vehicles and yet there are multiple color variants of the AI driven pedestrian cars on the road.
There are some that are rewards from side-quests that you do not have to buy, too.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
What exactly does Cold Blood do? I tried the wiki. It didn't explain shit.

It's basically an 'active buff' you can maintain by getting kills/KOs - for each of the other perks in the tree you have active, you get whatever other benefits the tree gives you - bonus attack speed, armor, element resist, movement speed, etc....

It's a little lackluster until you invest a lot into cool and get the 'lose one stack at a time' perk, IMO - but unless you're playing on higher difficulty, you'll probably never lose stacks because you'll have cleared out the combat arena/zone, or got one-shot by an explosion (even through the 30% explosion resist perk, grumble)

edit:

I'm still mad there (apparently) isn't a convertible to buy with the 'top' down, but several of the NPC types have that variant.