• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Epileptic PSA: There are reports that animations and flashing lights in this game can cause seizures. Read this article for more information

Why is there controversy surrounding CD Projekt Red and Cyberpunk 2077?

CD Projekt Red has a history of transphobia. This is well documented at this point and not a matter of debate. Due to this context there is particular concern about transphobic or insensitive content in Cyberpunk 2077 itself, such as the decision to tie gender to voice in the character creator, and trans fetishization in illustrations in the game—and these are just examples from prerelease footage. Additionally, there have been concerns about racist imagery and stereotyping. This article goes into depth about some of these issues.

What incidents of transphobia have occurred surrounding the game and the company, and why are they hurtful?

This list will be updated over time as more examples come to light, especially as the game releases and more content is uncovered. If you wish to have something added to this list, please send me a DM and get my attention.

Why is ResetEra allowing an official thread for this game?

There has been a lot of discussion about whether there should even be an official thread for Cyberpunk 2077, and many points of view were considered for this decision. Ultimately, a thread like this can serve as a platform for minority concerns to be aired and discussed respectfully, and given appropriate attention. We've also heard from minority members, including some trans members, who have asked for a space where they can talk about the game without needing to worry about trolling and bigoted posting. We expect all posters in the thread to extend the consideration and empathy to give them that space. We will be moderating as strictly as necessary to make sure they do.

What can I do to help fight transphobia?

Transphobia exists in many aspects of our lives. From casual discrimination such as the continuous misuse of a person's preferred pronouns, to more serious ramifications such as housing being denied, legal rights being taken away, and being discriminated in the legal system. Every trans person either has experienced transphobia in their lives, or will experience transphobia at some point.

Moreover, transphobia is a systematic issue that is present in every level of our society. Politicians fight to take away our rights. Celebrities use coded language and religious justifications, if not outright hostility, in order to continue to deny our existence. Media continues to portray us as the butt of a joke, or acts like we're something to be fascinated by, rather than treated with respect.

Actions speak louder than words: Become active in your local politics, donate to transgender causes, stand up for these issues wherever they arise, and if you know transgender people in your life be there for them and support them.

Here are some pro-trans organizations around the world where you can make a donation and show your support
  • For those of you in the US, The Trevor Project is one of the leading LGBT organizations. They are dedicated to crisis intervention and suicide prevention for people who are in need of support, love, and care.
  • For those of you in the UK, Mermaids is dedicated to the support of transgender, non-binary, and gender-diverse children, young adults, and their families. They have been around since 1995, and have been one of the most vocal voices speaking out against transphobia in the UK, including showing the dangers that transphobia imposes upon our youth.
  • If you would like to donate to CDPR's native country of Poland, you can find the Trans-Fuzja Foundation website here. The Trans-Fuzja Foundation has been around since 2008, and is dedicated to the support of transgender people in Poland in many aspects of life and society, including politics.
We are your friends. We are your family members. We're your coworkers. We're the people you meet on the street. We're the essential workers who keep society running in a pandemic. We're everywhere. We're not some sort of freak or joke, and we're not going away.

I want to give major thanks to Uzzy for lending her talent, time, and effort in putting together graphics and material for this official thread. Without her, this would not have been possible on such short notice. I would also like to give a shout out and thanks to Kyuuji for allowing me to use images and links from her own thread for this posts.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
You can say the same thing comparing Morrowind to The Witcher 3, or Mercenaries to The Division, or any old school sandbox vs any current non-sandbox. GTA3 & San Andreas still shit on most modern open world games when it comes to interactivity & systemic/emergent gameplay. I don't understand what takes like this are trying to illustrate.

Cyberpunk could stand to improve its A.I. in places, absolutely, but it isn't and will never be sandbox game.

I don't think it's an unreasonable expectation that 2020's biggest open world game have better NPCs than a game that came out over a decade ago. Especially when the game was repeatedly marketed as a GTA-style sandbox with a wanted system and NPCs that have schedules.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
I got the game as a gift for the Xbox One.

I'm fully aware of the problems it's having with glitches, crashes, bugs, etc.

Is the game playable in terms of just playing only the Single-player campaign story and exploring the city? Will game allow me to save often anywhere? Or are there like "save-points"? Thanks

I would definitely recommend waiting for the next two updates that are coming in the next two months

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Quest design so far is really bumming me out, so much of the game just reminds me of Fallout 4 where all it's quests just lead to these buildings or underground areas where you are just going through long combat encounters with a bunch of disposable enemies. Most of the gameplay options and designs of the levels leave you with much choice on doing much different

The most interesting stuff is just glorified cut scenes really.

While often super short or not really all that important, the side missions kind of are more interesting, though usually brain dead simple.

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
Quest design so far is really bumming me out, so much of the game just reminds me of Fallout 4 where all it's quests just lead to these buildings or underground areas where you are just going through long combat encounters with a bunch of disposable enemies. Most of the gameplay options and designs of the levels leave you with much choice on doing much different
Keep playing because some of the side quests get really deep and brutal

TissueBox

Oct 25, 2017
Urinated States of America

The quest writing in this game is one of its saving graces. The best this year next to Ghosts. They're under Side Jobs and Main Jobs, primarily; the gigs are mostly fodder, though they still try to inject some character into them.

Deathglobe

Oct 25, 2017
this bitch is harder than any other fight there's no leg room to dodge. But believe it or not you can drop a melee weapon in the ring before the fight and use it to beat his ass.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Keep playing because some of the side quests get really deep and brutal

They do get better story/writing-wise, but the main thrust of the complaint regarding 'large/small areas with a few combat and/or sneaking encounters' doesn't ever really change up a whole lot.

There's a few walking simulator-esque missions that evoke some of the better writing, but the biggest 'variant' in the game is probably honestly Claire's racing missions, or the street fights if you're not playing a melee build.

Chromie

Dec 4, 2017
Washington
Honestly comparing the NPCs in this game to the game where every single NPC has a schedule and is recruitable (and sacrificed narrative strength as a result) seems pretty ridiculous. There's plenty to criticize about Watch Dogs Legion but I think that was probably the most fully realized open world I've seen to date.

I mentioned multiple games. Clearly Cyberpunk and Legion went for different things in their games but my point is, the world in Cyberpunk is gorgeous to see and sounds great, it's when you decide to take more than a glancing look, you'll find a world that doesn't have much beyond the surface. I can't really think of much in the way of environmental storytelling either. Which all just goes back to the game being half baked and needing more time.

For me, Night City is an audiovisual treat that also manages to let you soak it in without becoming too inundated by game-ified inconsistencies a la Watch Dogs: Legion.

Sure, it's a bit detached and cold. But that's the same way Witcher 3 was, a game whose open world I can safely say I find little appeal in, as exploring it was somewhat one-note, NPCs to talk to were not just few and far between but frustratingly curious, yet mechanically just mannequins -- what redeems Night City is the fact that it's much more of a sandbox, and so populated that it makes sense that people would be too preoccupied to open themselves up to you; and there are times when you can come across random situations that are just 'there' and are actually not eye-wincing.

You can come across two girls sitting at a pool, drugged out, talking about how they were queens of the land, how they owned that pool. Another instance, a daughter and her dad at a memorial talking about the former's deceased mom. This is not something you ever see in GTA, but you see it here, because unlike the former, this is a roleplaying game in a GTA-like world design, and it allows for something that, in that context, is indeed a bit deeper on the surface and contextual.

Don't get me wrong. I think as an RPG that is open to multiple playthroughs and actual roleplay, Cyberpunk is a failure confused on what it wants to be. But on a raw level, the world on display? It's dazzling.

But even so, it does get monotonous after a while just as well. It does. I'm 60 hours in and I don't really care for it as much. But it's like Disney parks. After the sixteenth time around, the magic is gone, you're done with lines, and Cinderella doesn't even wave at you anymore, but you still remember the magic being there.

One thing that would've made Cyberpunk's open world more tolerable was if it were third-person with traversal that didn't suck. Yes, first-person is more 'intimate' -- but when you're passing grafiti'd wall after grafiti'd wall and there's not much else to look at... it's counter effective, I think. Even GTAV was better at maintaining more visual hold on a pure minute-to-minute level than this when going first-person. But being locked into first-person view in a huge, gigantic open world like that in Cyberpunk, where you can only interact with so much when traveling free-form, makes it boring after five minutes on the sidewalk with the same uninteresting ambience.

And let's not even get into parkour. This is no Mirror's Edge or BoTW, let's just keep it there.

In any case, while I have my share of issues with Cyberpunk, compared to its peers, it leaves some brow raising tricks on the table that I think are sufficiently unmatched in some areas. It can be disappointing in others, but every AAA game I've played this year has been at least a little disappointing.

Don't get me wrong, I completely understand why making a Cyberpunk world is such a huge task. I, ofcourse, never expected something equivalent to the ttrpg because that would be unrealistic but even so, I find Novigrad a more satisfying place to explore than Nightcity. I just assumed they would've taken the lessons from the Witcher and just expand on them for Cyberpunk. I think a lot of people can claim that they played the Witcher 3 exploring the world then after reach Novigrad they were there for dozens of hours. There was so much pulling you in all directions, it felt fully realized and I'm sure that is thanks to not being rushed unlike this game.

I'm actually fine with the first person the only thing I would change is adding actual taxis. I love love love when someone drives V in their car. The scale of the city is amazing and I can actually enjoy it when someone else is driving. It's crazy to me there is no taxi system especially when Delamain exists. GTA has had this forever, you'd think they'd have stolen this idea. Sometimes the mundane can help make the world feel more alive. Dues Ex: Mankind Divided has trains you go inside of and the cars are split up by naturals and (I forget) enhanced? A completely normal thing, for the game world, that helps to show how society at the time views people who are cyber enhanced. From the E3 trailer I just thought we'd be able to ride a train, it would have been an excellent way to show the violence of the world. I'm from New York City, trains used to be this nightmare to take before being cleaned up but people rode them because they needed them, it would've been a perfectly mundane way of showing how Nightcity is this behemoth that chews everyone out but people put up with it because they have no choice. Again, I think this is more because of lack of time but the environmental storytelling just isn't there.

[Though, it should be noted that I avoided a lot of the pre-release promo material leading up to this. Watched none of those 'night wire' things, either. All respect to those who are tuned in, but yeah, I've just been convinced at this point to not believe anything the devs say in those candy cane demos, as sad and cynical a view as that is to take. :p]

I didn't keep up with the marketing of the game myself either. I played some Cyberpunk 2020 games and I guess that made me more excited for the world of Cyberpunk 2077 than anything else especially since Mike Pondsmith said he was in constant contact with CDProjekt.

Oct 27, 2017
I got the game as a gift for the Xbox One.

I'm fully aware of the problems it's having with glitches, crashes, bugs, etc.

Is the game playable in terms of just playing only the Single-player campaign story and exploring the city? Will game allow me to save often anywhere? Or are there like "save-points"? Thanks

Yup, you can quick-save and checkpoints are regular enough you don't even have to worry about QS.

I haven't played it on base consoles but reports are not good obviously (YMMV depending on how sensitive to bugs, framerate etc you are; everyone is sensitive to crashes I guess?). Good news is that you will be able to avail of the next gen upgrade at least so even if you just check it out now you can come back to it in future and have a better technical experience at the very least.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it's an unreasonable expectation that 2020's biggest open world game have better NPCs than a game that came out over a decade ago. Especially when the game was repeatedly marketed as a GTA-style sandbox with a wanted system and NPCs that have schedules.

GTA NPCs don't even have schedules. They react the world around them, but you can't pick a random person and watch them follow a daily routine a la Shenmue or Kingdom Deliverance or Elder Scrolls.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
GTA NPCs don't even have schedules. They react the world around them, but you can't pick a random person and watch them follow a daily routine a la Shenmue or Kingdom Deliverance or Elder Scrolls.

so? That's not the point? At least GTA4 civilians can actually fight you when you carjack them or fistfight them unlike in Cyberpunk where they can only run away and at least GTA4 cops can consistently chase you on foot or by car.

like this isn't even advanced stuff! Damn near every open world crime game at least has a decent wanted system with police chases.

TissueBox

Oct 25, 2017
I mentioned multiple games. Clearly Cyberpunk and Legion went for different things in their games but my point is, the world in Cyberpunk is gorgeous to see and sounds great, it's when you decide to take more than a glancing look, you'll find a world that doesn't have much beyond the surface. I can't really think of much in the way of environmental storytelling either. Which all just goes back to the game being half baked and needing more time.

Don't get me wrong, I completely understand why making a Cyberpunk world is such a huge task. I, ofcourse, never expected something equivalent to the ttrpg because that would be unrealistic but even so, I find Novigrad a more satisfying place to explore than Nightcity. I just assumed they would've taken the lessons from the Witcher and just expand on them for Cyberpunk. I think a lot of people can claim that they played the Witcher 3 exploring the world then after reach Novigrad they were there for dozens of hours. There was so much pulling you in all directions, it felt fully realized and I'm sure that is thanks to not being rushed unlike this game.

I'm actually fine with the first person the only thing I would change is adding actual taxis. I love love love when someone drives V in their car. The scale of the city is amazing and I can actually enjoy it when someone else is driving. It's crazy to me there is no taxi system especially when Delamain exists. GTA has had this forever, you'd think they'd have stolen this idea. Sometimes the mundane can help make the world feel more alive. Dues Ex: Mankind Divided has trains you go inside of and the cars are split up by naturals and (I forget) enhanced? A completely normal thing, for the game world, that helps to show how society at the time views people who are cyber enhanced. From the E3 trailer I just thought we'd be able to ride a train, it would have been an excellent way to show the violence of the world. I'm from New York City, trains used to be this nightmare to take before being cleaned up but people rode them because they needed them, it would've been a perfectly mundane way of showing how Nightcity is this behemoth that chews everyone out but people put up with it because they have no choice. Again, I think this is more because of lack of time but the environmental storytelling just isn't there.

I didn't keep up with the marketing of the game myself either. I played some Cyberpunk 2020 games and I guess that made me more excited for the world of Cyberpunk 2077 than anything else especially since Mike Pondsmith said he was in constant contact with CDProjekt.

Oho high five on the need for taxi or train rides. Calling a cab in GTAIV, pinning the destination to the other side of the map, and letting it run on a rainy day would be my background ambience for the next 15 minutes minimum. Unless they got stuck on a pole or something dumb like that.

I don't know why this isn't a thing here in Cyberpunk. I've learned to accept it now, but you bringing it up again is a point of solidarity. I don't mind taking the backseat as V, putting on some music on the radio. Man, if they had a cinematic mode a la RDRII that would've been cherry on the highly over decorated cake!!

I don't think any game will beat the aesthetic anchoring of GTAIV's Liberty City, though. That is a game you could spend just walking down the streets of for a whole twenty minutes just absorbing the city's beating heart. I will say that while I find Night City to be pinnacle AAA landscape-crafting, it doesn't have that essence.

Night City is a fantastic backdrop, but Cyberpunk actually shines when it's telling stories. That's what makes those moments when you get to clamber into a car as a rider something exciting, for once, as the world passes you by, and you're face to face with a character that's decked in all kinds of alloy, ready to talk shop. Ironically, once you're given agency and the freedom to move independently, that's when the world starts to feel smaller.

Last edited:

Chromie

Dec 4, 2017
Washington
so? That's not the point? At least GTA4 civilians can actually fight you when you carjack them or fistfight them unlike in Cyberpunk where they can only run away and at least GTA4 cops can consistently chase you on foot or by car.

like this isn't even advanced stuff! Damn near every open world crime game at least has a decent wanted system with police chases.

Another tidbit that would've been even better, the police in GTA respond faster or slower if you're in wealthier/poorer areas. This should definitely have been a thing in this game.
Oho high five on the need for taxi or train rides. Calling a cab in GTAIV, pinning the destination to the other side of the map, and letting it run on a rainy day would be my background ambience for the next 15 minutes minimum. Unless they got stuck on a pole or something dumb like that.

I don't know why this isn't a thing here in Cyberpunk. I've learned to accept it now, but you bringing it up again is a point of solidarity. I don't mind taking the backseat as V, putting on some music on the radio. Man, if they had a cinematic mode a la RDRII that would've been cherry on the highly over decorated cake!!

I don't think any game will beat the aesthetic anchoring of GTAIV's Liberty City, though. That is a game you could spend just walking down the streets of for a whole twenty minutes just absorbing the city's beating heart. I will say that while I find Night City to be pinnacle AAA landscape-crafting, it doesn't have that essence.

You know what I love about Liberty City? Trains, I LOVE seeing actual trains work in games. I would ride it in GTA 3 just for the cutscenes. There's just something about them, I don't know why. But yeah, like I said, mundane things can help make the world feel more alive, like a cab ride.

God, did I love Red Dead 2's cinematic mode. All games with a lot of traveling should have that.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
Another tidbit that would've been even better, the police in GTA respond faster or slower if you're in wealthier/poorer areas. This should definitely have been a thing in this game.

Mafia 3 had this as well and there was a witness system where NPCs would run for public phones after seeing crimes to call the cops.

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
This game has a memory leak, right? One time i can play the game with ray-tracing on, hitting 60+ fps and another time the game drops and hangs around 40fps.

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
i dont think anyone else has mentioned this, but i fucking hate how the map functions entirely with left click

trying to adjust it then i end up fast traveling to some random place

edit: just got a text, would takemura

have died if i didnt head back and help him???

TissueBox

Oct 25, 2017

You know what I love about Liberty City? Trains, I LOVE seeing actual trains work in games. I would ride it in GTA 3 just for the cutscenes. There's just something about them, I don't know why. But yeah, like I said, mundane things can help make the world feel more alive, like a cab ride.

God, did I love Red Dead 2's cinematic mode. All games with a lot of traveling should have that.

New York proxies ain't up to snuff for nuthin' without their rails!!

Another game that actually, low-key, lets you ride a train, and in fashionably Victorian style?

AC: Syndicate. *wink*

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017

The point is you're not clearly or correctly defining what "GTA Style" means while claiming Cyberpunk was meant to be one of those.

I also can't think of a single non-Rockstar open world crime game that does emergent law enforcement well.

Huncho

Jun 10, 2020
this bitch is harder than any other fight there's no leg room to dodge. But believe it or not you can drop a melee weapon in the ring before the fight and use it to beat his ass.

If you shoot any of the gang members around Rhino and then run, the game will consider that you defeated Rhino. At least that what happened for me.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
I got the game on PC for Christmas, I've put in about an hour so far. I'm impressed at quite a bit of stuff here, but most of all how well it runs on PC. I got my RX480 and i5-6600k (oc'd to 4.6Ghz) running a pretty buttery smooth 60 without much graphical tweaking

ket

Jul 27, 2018
The point is you're not clearly or correctly defining what "GTA Style" means while claiming Cyberpunk was meant to be one of those.

I also can't think of a single non-Rockstar open world crime game that does emergent law enforcement well.

There's no claim here, Cyberpunk was clearly marketed as cyberpunk GTA with RPG mechanics. This isn't 2002 or whatever when this open world crime game concept was still new so it's not like CDPR didn't know what they were doing when marketing the game with its premise of a criminal in an open world city with a police force and rival gangs.

I can think of multiple open world non-Rockstar games with well done emergent law enforcement systems: Watch Dogs 2 and Mafia 3 for instance.

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
They do get better story/writing-wise, but the main thrust of the complaint regarding 'large/small areas with a few combat and/or sneaking encounters' doesn't ever really change up a whole lot.

There's a few walking simulator-esque missions that evoke some of the better writing, but the biggest 'variant' in the game is probably honestly Claire's racing missions, or the street fights if you're not playing a melee build.
Eh... it all depends on taste. I love quests like Sinnerman where I was literally saying, "what the hell?" multiple times and I didn't even take out a weapon. And I also like quests where I can sneak in and hack and cause chaos. I didn't walk into this game with crazy high expectations of tons of different quests. I just didn't. I'm here more for the writing and the immersion

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Can craft my own legendary quickhacks and God damn, some of these are dark.

The cyberpsychosis one is fun

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA

Girlfriend Reviews take.

tl;dw:

Game is great if you can run it on 'next-gen' hardware; plea to not throw the actual 'line-working' devs under the bus for pisspoor management and marketing.

EDIT: Quoting my response to this video from the dedicated thread that's likely to be closed:

While I'm also personally a bit iffy with throwing the dev team under the bus in all of this, I do think that the game still has a few too many problems that aren't hardware specific to have released at this time for full price under guise of being a complete game, and I think this video lacks any sense of that perspective.

To me, it is clear that there's a pretty good vision of a game going on here but this feels like we literally all just paid early access without knowing it, and I think even people running this on an i7/i9 10-series and an RTX 3080 or 3090 are shorting themselves on what this game should be as a fully release product with the frequency of bugs.

Again, sure, we can rest the blame on the management/marketing for that, and I don't mean to suggest by noting that there are still issues even on high end hardware that it's the dev's fault, but I think there's a little too much of a sense of "oh boohoo most of you can't play on high end hardware and that's why you don't get why this game is so brilliant" vibe going on here.

This game can stand positively on most of its presentation on high-end hardware and its storytelling, apparently, but I don't think the technical state it is in universally is worth congratulations to anyone right now, at least not on guise of being a completed product.

Last edited:

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
i mean, i said right before the in-body asterisk that i had finished the game... my post was about the endgame and discussing possible New Game+... and with the footnote asterisk in the spoiler, well, eff me for thinking it stood to reason the spoilers will be about the endgame, i guess! call me crazy!

sorry, thats my bad, i wasnt very clear but they were meant to be two separate thoughts! i knew they were distinct issues with no bearing on the other.

It literally could have been anything, your post didn't imply end game at all. No big deal, to me, just seems like something easily avoided by marking what the spoiler related to 🤷‍♂️

bic

Oct 28, 2017
As for Takemura:

The Devil – must save Takemura during main mission "
Search and Destroy
" which is the mission just before the final mission. Keep a Manual Save from the start of that Mission then you can't miss it.
Wow I totally missed that. Just finished that mission before visiting the in-laws though, so hopefully I'll have a save I can go back to. Seems waaay too missable, imo.

Zoid

Oct 27, 2017
There's a vendor that sales a legendary overture which you can keep skipping 24 hrs to reroll until you get one with high 80% crit chance and 170% crit damage + 5x headshot multiplier. You can make the Archangel even better by saving and keep reloading when upgrading it to legendary, 100% crit chance, 200% crit damage, 5x multiplier and 30% chance to stun.
Ah nice, I might have to do that. Still, I wonder if Crash has an even higher ceiling considering how high its stat multipliers are on the base gun you get. Crash and Jinchu-Maru are the only Iconic weapons I crafted up to legendary and I did it before I realized you could just save and reload. I'm level 42 now and I'm gonna wait until I hit 50 before I craft the rest of them up to legendary. I ended up doing the reload thing with Johnny's clothes even though the base versions don't get consumed, I just didn't want to end up with an inventory full of them since they can't be broken down, sold, or stashed. Which I'm hoping gets patched soon.

HaremKing

Banned
Dec 20, 2018
I got the game on PC for Christmas, I've put in about an hour so far. I'm impressed at quite a bit of stuff here, but most of all how well it runs on PC. I got my RX480 and i5-6600k (oc'd to 4.6Ghz) running a pretty buttery smooth 60 without much graphical tweaking
Yeah, as someone with a mid-level AMD CPU and GPU I was really worried that there would be performance issues, but I didn't experience any troubles on the performance side on High/1080p/60.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Eh... it all depends on taste. I love quests like Sinnerman where I was literally saying, "what the hell?" multiple times and I didn't even take out a weapon. And I also like quests where I can sneak in and hack and cause chaos. I didn't walk into this game with crazy high expectations of tons of different quests. I just didn't. I'm here more for the writing and the immersion

Don't get me wrong, I agree that the writing chops can mask/buff up a lot of the repetitiveness in the gunplay, which isn't bad on its own legs, AI aside (I still have fun one-shotting people with a silenced revolver until if/when I get spotted, then pulling out a submachinegun), and the 'best' side quests like Sinnerman and Panam's are great at world/character-building.

Just saying that they won't (necessarily) overcome the fatigue with the gameplay loop for the other person who was posting about it.

WesleyShark

Oct 25, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1st playthrough complete. Went through and did all of the endings that had achievements. Love how varied they are.

Started my 2nd playthrough, but as a nomad path this time. I think I like the Corpo path better, so far. Starting from "the inside" had some big advantages.

chespace

Hearthstone Esports Global Franchise Lead
Oct 27, 2017
The character models in this game are all consistently top notch. Insane that this is an open world game. I know main NPCs (my favorite being Priss -- er, Misty) have more detail but I often run into random NPCs that are just as detailed.

photomode_24122020_11ehjeo.jpg

photomode_24122020_167lkvo.jpg

photomode_24122020_154jju5.jpg

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
Have the glitches been mostly resolved?

Nope. Still buggy but nothing too game breaking other than a quest that glitched out on me (but that came from an earlier build pre-patch).

Some of the bugs are pretty funny so I don't mind that much though it's immersion breaking if that's important to you

Plum

May 31, 2018

Girlfriend Reviews take.

tl;dw:

Game is great if you can run it on 'next-gen' hardware; plea to not throw the actual 'line-working' devs under the bus for pisspoor management and marketing.

EDIT: Quoting my response to this video from the dedicated thread that's likely to be closed:

Spending half the video ranting about 'technically' false Reddit posts and not once mentioning the journalist who was sent seizure-inducing material for merely pointing out a fact sure is... something.

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got the point of no return warning so I backed out and spent like 9 hours on side jobs. Still have so many left to do.

MechaMarmaset

Nov 20, 2017
At some point the game just stopped letting me skip dialog. There's no prompt for it anymore and the button doesn't work. Anyone else had this?