• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Transistor

Vodka martini, dirty, with Tito's please
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Epileptic PSA: There are reports that animations and flashing lights in this game can cause seizures. Read this article for more information

Why is there controversy surrounding CD Projekt Red and Cyberpunk 2077?

CD Projekt Red has a history of transphobia. This is well documented at this point and not a matter of debate. Due to this context there is particular concern about transphobic or insensitive content in Cyberpunk 2077 itself, such as the decision to tie gender to voice in the character creator, and trans fetishization in illustrations in the game—and these are just examples from prerelease footage. Additionally, there have been concerns about racist imagery and stereotyping. This article goes into depth about some of these issues.

What incidents of transphobia have occurred surrounding the game and the company, and why are they hurtful?

This list will be updated over time as more examples come to light, especially as the game releases and more content is uncovered. If you wish to have something added to this list, please send me a DM and get my attention.

Why is ResetEra allowing an official thread for this game?

There has been a lot of discussion about whether there should even be an official thread for Cyberpunk 2077, and many points of view were considered for this decision. Ultimately, a thread like this can serve as a platform for minority concerns to be aired and discussed respectfully, and given appropriate attention. We've also heard from minority members, including some trans members, who have asked for a space where they can talk about the game without needing to worry about trolling and bigoted posting. We expect all posters in the thread to extend the consideration and empathy to give them that space. We will be moderating as strictly as necessary to make sure they do.

What can I do to help fight transphobia?

Transphobia exists in many aspects of our lives. From casual discrimination such as the continuous misuse of a person's preferred pronouns, to more serious ramifications such as housing being denied, legal rights being taken away, and being discriminated in the legal system. Every trans person either has experienced transphobia in their lives, or will experience transphobia at some point.

Moreover, transphobia is a systematic issue that is present in every level of our society. Politicians fight to take away our rights. Celebrities use coded language and religious justifications, if not outright hostility, in order to continue to deny our existence. Media continues to portray us as the butt of a joke, or acts like we're something to be fascinated by, rather than treated with respect.

Actions speak louder than words: Become active in your local politics, donate to transgender causes, stand up for these issues wherever they arise, and if you know transgender people in your life be there for them and support them.

Here are some pro-trans organizations around the world where you can make a donation and show your support
  • For those of you in the US, The Trevor Project is one of the leading LGBT organizations. They are dedicated to crisis intervention and suicide prevention for people who are in need of support, love, and care.
  • For those of you in the UK, Mermaids is dedicated to the support of transgender, non-binary, and gender-diverse children, young adults, and their families. They have been around since 1995, and have been one of the most vocal voices speaking out against transphobia in the UK, including showing the dangers that transphobia imposes upon our youth.
  • If you would like to donate to CDPR's native country of Poland, you can find the Trans-Fuzja Foundation website here. The Trans-Fuzja Foundation has been around since 2008, and is dedicated to the support of transgender people in Poland in many aspects of life and society, including politics.
We are your friends. We are your family members. We're your coworkers. We're the people you meet on the street. We're the essential workers who keep society running in a pandemic. We're everywhere. We're not some sort of freak or joke, and we're not going away.

I want to give major thanks to Uzzy for lending her talent, time, and effort in putting together graphics and material for this official thread. Without her, this would not have been possible on such short notice. I would also like to give a shout out and thanks to Kyuuji for allowing me to use images and links from her own thread for this posts.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
im guessing Judy talks to Male V that she really likes and Female V that she really likes pretty similar?

I'm honestly shocked we aren't on a date right now with the way she's acting after I did her most of her quests lmao
Judy is
only romanceable by a female V, same way a Panam is only romanceable with a male V, and I know there are other characters with other variations. So pretty much, Judy ends up being just a good friend to male V for example.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
I like female V's character overall, but one thing that relaly bugs me (and this is true for the majority of protagonists in games like this when the character is voices, like Mass Effect), is that the character is a bit too sarcastic sometimes, and it comes off as kinda smarmy. Some situations really don't call for a sarcastic response, and sounds like a bit of a dick sometimes.

Also frequently when they try to make a character sound tough, it sounds a bit silly.

I like the delivery overall, but this is a common thing I find in games like these and it's really rare a game avoids it entirely.

yeah i like her performance overall but it's kind of annoying how she almost always has to sound cool and aloof

Andi

Oct 29, 2017
Anyone else having issues with downloading the newest hotfix through steam.
Mine shows downloaded 993 mb of 993 but the progress bar is still only 2/3 full and the time keeps counting up rather than down.
My internet connection is stable and as fast as always..

AllenShrz

Nov 6, 2017
User Warned: Posting Unmarked Spoilers
Ive finished the game, about 50hrs in and 4 endings done..... those title cards at the end..... fuck.....

The first ending was the "worst" one.........
Judy
......... omg!!!

My GOTY.
S8CO32K.jpg

Mod Edit: Added Spoiler Tags

Last edited by a moderator:

peppersky

Banned
Mar 9, 2018
im guessing Judy talks to Male V that she really likes and Female V that she really likes pretty similar?

I'm honestly shocked we aren't on a date right now with the way she's acting after I did her most of her quests lmao
I really wonder if it is even possible to have different relationships with the side characters, like
if you can not help Panama on her revenge quest or not keep Judy updated during the search for Evelyn. Kinda hard to imagine that since that should lock you out of their later side missions too.

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
This game will definitely land in my top 5 GOTY list. Where exactly? I don't know. All I know is that nothing will make me move AC:NH down from #1.

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Ive finished the game, about 50hrs in and 4 endings done..... those title cards at the end..... fuck.....

The first ending was the "worst" one......... Judy......... omg!!!

My GOTY.

S8CO32K.jpg

I'm going to do everybody's (panam rogue judy takemura) side quests before i beat the game for the first time... will that give me a bunch of different endings, or just one?

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America
My impressions so far:

I'm at the beginning of ACT 2, have an imaginary friend and have gone to Japantown. I have a few observations after maybe 20 hours of leisurely play on High Settings, with RT on @ 1440p on a large Oled TV. Framerate is around 60 with dips all the way down to the 20s when driving in Japantown.

CDPR didn't downgrade graphics this time around. Thanks to the top tier lighting and the detailed models and animations, this game has the best ever looking free-camera cutscenes I've ever seen, I think.

The facial animations are not perfect like in TLOU2 but they are not noticeable during gameplay, just as their creators promised, despite being partly procedurally-generated .

NPC density is eye-popping. Again, no downgrade there, but NPCs feel "hollow" compared to a MGS5 or a GTA5. Collision detection, AI and physics in general are clearly inferior and the game looks so convincing that the failings are more jarring. There is not much CDPR can do about this in future patches. It's not their strength.

Driving is worse than GTA, too many 180s with slippery cars, but it's not painful. The damage model when driving is also clearly inferior to GTA.

Pop in: There is too much pop in when driving. It's noticeable but not atrocious.

First person mechanics: Mostly good. Shooting is fine, melee is above average and the running slide is satisfying. Haven't gotten double jump but I can already say with confidence CDPR surpassed my low expectations for their first FPS game.

World building: Best verticality and density in a FPS I've ever seen. Getting into a cop's apartment was very enjoyable.

The music is nova. The world-building through dialogue is preem, I feel for my choombas, just trying to make some eddies in NC.

The item system is annoying and needlessly complicated, just like Witcher 3, with way too many lootable items everywhere, and way too many weapon models, and not enough cash. I end up just looting weapons and clothes to sell for eddies because I don't get paid shit, apparently.

The character growth system is also annoying with way too many choices that inundate the player, way too many possibilities for fucking up, all in the name of customizability. No easy way to re-spec. It's not enjoyable. It's supposed to be for replay-ability but all it does is diminish my enjoyment.

As an oled owner. Static Red UI elements are the enemy. I've already had to disable the health bar. Why can't I customize my UI colors yet? I need that shit to be blue or something.

Dialogue is as good as I hoped for after Witcher . The spanish dialogue is excellent. I assume other languages are done justice as well but generally everything I hear has been pretty great so far.

Game needed more time in the oven for bug fixing and polishing, though. And it needed to be next-gen only. I wonder if one of the reasons CDPR wanted to release now was to beat GTA6 trailers from stealing their thunder. What's going on with GTA6 anyways?

ps: Yo what's the deal with the security guys that switch up their entire body for hardware? Like...what about the pleasures of having genitals, eating delish food and such? What do you replace all that with? VR sims where you're human?

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Approaching 50 hours on Series X and still haven't experienced a single crash or Reddit worthy bug/glitch. 1.06 fixed the visual niggles I had following 1.05. Not Digital Foundry but it looks & runs better than ever from where I'm standing.

That probably shouldn't be surprising given all the fresh new players landing on Series X|S this weekend, and the current state of things on every other console.

Menthuss

Oct 27, 2017
I'm going to do everybody's (panam rogue judy takemura) side quests before i beat the game for the first time... will that give me a bunch of different endings, or just one?
It gives you more options so you basically select what ending you want.
The convo's that play during the ending change depending on what you do during the aforementioned side quests

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
Well that was a glitch. I just did the Gimme Danger mission and all the enemies decided to turn friendly when I entered the base. I guess cause I started sniping them well before the mission start and snuck in via van that it glitches

Oh well lol the missions would have went the same way anyway

aevanhoe

Slayer of the Eternal Voidslurper
Aug 28, 2018

Doing these quests gives you more options at the end. At the final mission, you have to make a choice, and if you finished these side quests, you will be presented with an additional options or certain options may have slight differences. The good thing is, after you finish the game, you get taken just before the final mission, so you can try out all the endings.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
I'm guessing she will just reject you if you make a move. I play Fem V and Panam was SUPER flirty with me until I made a move and she was just like "lol...no"

'Just friends then?' Live footage of Uzz-V at that moment.

giphy.gif

And then she says you've got a comfy shoulder to sleep on. And then she stays up with you talking about the stars and toasting Jackie. YOU'RE THE WORST CDPR, THE WORST

AllenShrz

Nov 6, 2017
Has the game improved at all with the latest patches? Some of you seem pretty happy with it now..

I guess it depends on which platform you are playing it.

I played on a PC with a 3900X, 64GB a 3080 and Gsync monitor. It was a smooth ride for me but I my friend was struggling on a PS5 and I saw it with my own eyes how bad and blurry it was compared to my PC.

Feb 4, 2018
I've put in about 25 hours and the combat possibilities are opening up. If the AI wasn't totally busted, double jumping around and blasting fools with my wrist launcher would be so much fun.

Game needed another year or two.

They should've made Witcher 4.

peppersky

Banned
Mar 9, 2018
I find myself saying that about most characters. This game should've been much longer.
It really leaves you wanting more. I'm almost at the end of Act 2 and it feels pretty shitty to know that V's story is ending so soon. Really feel like the story they tell here should have deserved more time.
Really kinda feels like the first act should have been just the prologue, especially considering how big of a reset the game does after that point.

xGrizzly

Dec 3, 2017
Atlanta
My impressions so far:

I'm at the beginning of ACT 2, have an imaginary friend and have gone to Japantown. I have a few observations after maybe 20 hours of leisurely play on High Settings, with RT on @ 1440p on a large Oled TV. Framerate is around 60 with dips all the way down to the 20s when driving in Japantown.

CDPR didn't downgrade graphics this time around. Thanks to the top tier lighting and the detailed models and animations, this game has the best ever looking free-camera cutscenes I've ever seen, I think.

The facial animations are not perfect like in TLOU2 but they are not noticeable during gameplay, just as their creators promised, despite being partly procedurally-generated .

NPC density is eye-popping. Again, no downgrade there, but NPCs feel "hollow" compared to a MGS5 or a GTA5. Collision detection, AI and physics in general are clearly inferior and the game looks so convincing that the failings are more jarring. There is not much CDPR can do about this in future patches. It's not their strength.

Driving is worse than GTA, too many 180s with slippery cars, but it's not painful. The damage model when driving is also clearly inferior to GTA.

Pop in: There is too much pop in when driving. It's noticeable but not atrocious.

First person mechanics: Mostly good. Shooting is fine, melee is above average and the running slide is satisfying. Haven't gotten double jump but I can already say with confidence CDPR surpassed my low expectations for their first FPS game.

World building: Best verticality and density in a FPS I've ever seen. Getting into a cop's apartment was very enjoyable.

The music is nova. The world-building through dialogue is preem, I feel for my choombas, just trying to make some eddies in NC.

The item system is annoying and needlessly complicated, just like Witcher 3, with way too many lootable items everywhere, and way too many weapon models, and not enough cash. I end up just looting weapons and clothes to sell for eddies because I don't get paid shit, apparently.

The character growth system is also annoying with way too many choices that inundate the player, way too many possibilities for fucking up, all in the name of customizability. No easy way to re-spec. It's not enjoyable. It's supposed to be for replay-ability but all it does is diminish my enjoyment.

As an oled owner. Static Red UI elements are the enemy. I've already had to disable the health bar. Why can't I customize my UI colors yet? I need that shit to be blue or something.

Dialogue is as good as I hoped for after Witcher . The spanish dialogue is excellent. I assume other languages are done justice as well but generally everything I hear has been pretty great so far.

Game needed more time in the oven for bug fixing and polishing, though. And it needed to be next-gen only. I wonder if one of the reasons CDPR wanted to release now was to beat GTA6 trailers from stealing their thunder. What's going on with GTA6 anyways?

ps: Yo what's the deal with the security guys that switch up their entire body for hardware? Like...what about the pleasures of having genitals, eating delish food and such? What do you replace all that with? VR sims where you're human?
Double jump makes the game 10x more fun. Secondly there is a re-spec, you have to trade with ripperdocs.

peppersky

Banned
Mar 9, 2018
Are more playing lethal or stealth?

Running around in the open and killing feels weird. Stealth has its satisfying moments, but can take much longer.
I seriously have no idea what a non-stealth playthrough would even look like considering how many of the missions are supposed to be covert infiltration missions. Really feels like you fucked up whenever you go in guns blazing.

Skyebaron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Quick Tip for those on PC on a 3080 but no Gsync monitor. If you want Raytracing lightning and Reflections with 4K DLSS Performance, constant 60 fps is out of the question. An easy method to avoid stutters due to the sudden fps drops in the city or battles go to the nvidia control panel and put your monitor's refresh rate to 50hz.

4arvTCh.jpg

In game, turn vsync on to 50. Its not a substitute for the smoothness of constant 60 of Ultra settings with no RT. Instead its a dramatically better looking game that plays with no stutters and leagues better than vsync 30fps.

ThatNerdGUI

Prophet of Truth
Mar 19, 2020
NEW AMD RYZEN HEX EDIT:

From Nexus:

"
Hex fix changed on v1.05 to

75 2D 33 C9 B8 01 00 00 00 0F A2 8B C8 C1 F9 08

Before on 1.04 it was

75 30 33 C9 B8 01 00 00 00 0F A2 8B C8 C1 F9 08

changing it to 74.

74 2D 33 C9 B8 01 00 00 00 0F A2 8B C8 C1 F9 08

And boom! It's fixed."

I tried, it works. I am getting around 75 percent CPU usage just like the 1.4 hex edit. Can't believe CDPR messed this up as well. What a shitshow.

www.nexusmods.com

Cyber Engine Tweaks

Scripting framework for modders and quality of life fixes.
Although you have higher CPU usage this offers no performance gain at all with Ryzen CPUs with 8 logical cores or more. Tried this on my 3800X and this is just a waste of time and power.

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I'm seeing people walk back even the RPG element of this game by analyzing quests structures now. Fucking wow.

I seriously have no idea what a non-stealth playthrough would even look like considering how many of the missions are supposed to be covert infiltration missions. Really feels like you fucked up whenever you go in guns blazing.
Enemies melt like butter, so you just walk around killing everyone after quickhacking their vision or cyberware.

rashbeep

Oct 27, 2017
It's wierd but nobody can pinpoint what it's doing. Can we Page Alex? Dictator, Did you have a look at this RTX Cinematic setting?

it looks like it fixes the aggressive LODs that the highest quality settings still have, also maybe draws the RT lighting effects further out as well

https://imgsli.com/MzQ4MjQ

going off the comments it makes the game more unstable and obviously would have a huge performance hit, which might be why it was hidden

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
Are more playing lethal or stealth?

Running around in the open and killing feels weird. Stealth has its satisfying moments, but can take much longer.

Was doing, and still kind of doing stealth but any blue icons on the map just have me slow mo-ing and clearing them out either by punching them or shooting since I don't see a point doing those slowly when they can be taken out in seconds

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It does seem that way from a narrative standpoint, but main story missions seem to usually play out the same way if you go in guns blazing. The most I got was a "oh I guess you aren't being quiet" message from my handler.

I think some side missions/gigs might give a bonus for being stealthy. I gave up trying pretty early when guards were seeing bodies through walls.

Oct 27, 2017
Has the game improved at all with the latest patches? Some of you seem pretty happy with it now..
People who are unhappy with the game are IMO unhappy about things that won't ever get patched out relating to what the game actually is (graphically impressive, mostly linear action RPG). If what's on offer tickles your fancy then you should jump in if some bugs and jank aren't deal breaker for you.

If you want a reactive, non linear open world and/or deep rpg systems then look elsewhere. I have played about 25 hours and the game is a solid 8 for me (bugs and performance issues I can live with) and it could rise to a nine by the end (or fall to a seven of course). The game is definitely not what I hoped it would be, but it is what it is.

Jokerman

May 16, 2020
Quick Tip for those on PC on a 3080 but no Gsync monitor. If you want Raytracing lightning and Reflections with 4K DLSS Performance, constant 60 fps is out of the question. An easy method to avoid stutters due to the sudden fps drops in the city or battles go to the nvidia control panel and put your monitor's refresh rate to 50hz.

4arvTCh.jpg

In game, turn vsync on to 50. Its not a substitute for the smoothness of constant 60 of Ultra settings with no RT. Instead its a dramatically better looking game that plays with no stutters and leagues better than vsync 30fps.

There is a 50Hz setting in game too. What is the difference doing it this way?

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.

True. Some situations due feel like a colossal failure of not done stealth. But that fuck up can create a fun shoot out.