• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Epileptic PSA: There are reports that animations and flashing lights in this game can cause seizures. Read this article for more information

Why is there controversy surrounding CD Projekt Red and Cyberpunk 2077?

CD Projekt Red has a history of transphobia. This is well documented at this point and not a matter of debate. Due to this context there is particular concern about transphobic or insensitive content in Cyberpunk 2077 itself, such as the decision to tie gender to voice in the character creator, and trans fetishization in illustrations in the game—and these are just examples from prerelease footage. Additionally, there have been concerns about racist imagery and stereotyping. This article goes into depth about some of these issues.

What incidents of transphobia have occurred surrounding the game and the company, and why are they hurtful?

This list will be updated over time as more examples come to light, especially as the game releases and more content is uncovered. If you wish to have something added to this list, please send me a DM and get my attention.

Why is ResetEra allowing an official thread for this game?

There has been a lot of discussion about whether there should even be an official thread for Cyberpunk 2077, and many points of view were considered for this decision. Ultimately, a thread like this can serve as a platform for minority concerns to be aired and discussed respectfully, and given appropriate attention. We've also heard from minority members, including some trans members, who have asked for a space where they can talk about the game without needing to worry about trolling and bigoted posting. We expect all posters in the thread to extend the consideration and empathy to give them that space. We will be moderating as strictly as necessary to make sure they do.

What can I do to help fight transphobia?

Transphobia exists in many aspects of our lives. From casual discrimination such as the continuous misuse of a person's preferred pronouns, to more serious ramifications such as housing being denied, legal rights being taken away, and being discriminated in the legal system. Every trans person either has experienced transphobia in their lives, or will experience transphobia at some point.

Moreover, transphobia is a systematic issue that is present in every level of our society. Politicians fight to take away our rights. Celebrities use coded language and religious justifications, if not outright hostility, in order to continue to deny our existence. Media continues to portray us as the butt of a joke, or acts like we're something to be fascinated by, rather than treated with respect.

Actions speak louder than words: Become active in your local politics, donate to transgender causes, stand up for these issues wherever they arise, and if you know transgender people in your life be there for them and support them.

Here are some pro-trans organizations around the world where you can make a donation and show your support
  • For those of you in the US, The Trevor Project is one of the leading LGBT organizations. They are dedicated to crisis intervention and suicide prevention for people who are in need of support, love, and care.
  • For those of you in the UK, Mermaids is dedicated to the support of transgender, non-binary, and gender-diverse children, young adults, and their families. They have been around since 1995, and have been one of the most vocal voices speaking out against transphobia in the UK, including showing the dangers that transphobia imposes upon our youth.
  • If you would like to donate to CDPR's native country of Poland, you can find the Trans-Fuzja Foundation website here. The Trans-Fuzja Foundation has been around since 2008, and is dedicated to the support of transgender people in Poland in many aspects of life and society, including politics.
We are your friends. We are your family members. We're your coworkers. We're the people you meet on the street. We're the essential workers who keep society running in a pandemic. We're everywhere. We're not some sort of freak or joke, and we're not going away.

I want to give major thanks to Uzzy for lending her talent, time, and effort in putting together graphics and material for this official thread. Without her, this would not have been possible on such short notice. I would also like to give a shout out and thanks to Kyuuji for allowing me to use images and links from her own thread for this posts.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished and watching the end credits roll.

Overall I give the game an 8/10, couldn't possibly give a higher score with all the bugs and crashes. I had over 50 crashes in total since launch, the final one came as the credits were rolling! Ridiculous but luckily it restarted back to the start of the sequence. The main story was good but could have been better. Some of the side missions were hilarious but a lot were duds.

I had fun with my stealth hacker build, crafting the OP Hammer pistol and other legendary weapons but this game should have been so much more. There were some really good core characters though. I loved Panam more than anyone else, really good companion imo.

I got the good ending with
Panam and left Night City

Don't really have the heart to sweep up the remaining trophies. I'll delete from the console and go after trophies when the game is more stable and next gen patch is available on PS5 next year.

Gonna start 13 Sentinels tomorrow...

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
she gives me a reason to come back to the game in another play through (i usually always make a female character if i can but will make a male for another playing through because of her... really good character design....... playing a street kid female now... hopefully I can romance Judy... but yeah Panam is beautiful.
The character moments are reason enough to come back to this game. This game does slice of life shit down pat in such a way that I honestly believe very few games have come close to. Maybe in games like Life Is Strange or other smaller, character driven games. But when it comes to games that are supposed to be in the same tier as this like Mass Effect, Assassins Creed, and so on, Cyberpunk captures the humanity in these moments exceptionally well.

If nothing else good comes out of this, I want the only good thing to be everyone aping these approaches.

XVerdena

Oct 28, 2017
Just experienced some of the best lighting I've ever seen in a videogame. Whole city was covered in an amazing orange light and it was so immersive I'm still shaking

I took a lot of screenshots but they aren't showing up on xbox live yet, have to post some

Abi

Jun 3, 2020
Finally finished the game
So I did the Johnny/Rogue ending. I liked it, and after looking at the other endings, I'm glad I went with this one. It's better sweet where everyone gets what they wanted at a cost.

One thing I really liked is controlling Johnny inside Mikoshi and speaking to V as Johnny. It's was a very nice touch seeing your character from that perspective. I made the choice to give V her body back. Johnny telling V to go back and live her life was very emotional and solidified my feelings towards him. He really grew on me towards the end. I'm glad he got to end Smasher himself and stick it to Arasaka after this long.

Poor Judy is alone now :( I hope she finds someone.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

I gotta say

I'm still pissed that the only time we see our V in third person (outside of driving) is at the beginning of the game and at the end of it. I knew they changed 'some' scenes to help with "immersion" but fuck they changed EVERYTHING :/

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Yeah... I have to believe their focus has shifted just a tad on what they're trying to prioritize even though I imagine this latest patch was started a while before all the chaos started.

Haha, this is true. I'm sure adding a walk toggle for their PC version is the last thing on their list at this moment. Still, you'd think it would be a very easy addition.

I tried using a config mod but it still acts weird because diagonal movement reverts the jogging speed so it's not great. I'll just continue to play on a controller for now which honestly is not bad for this game. Considering this game has on the fly switching between mkb and controller I will use my controller for exploring the city and driving and switch to my mouse during combat so the best of both worlds really.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017

Overall I give the game an 8/10, couldn't possibly give a higher score with all the bugs and crashes. I had over 50 crashes in total since launch, the final one came as the credits were rolling! Ridiculous but luckily it restarted back to the start of the sequence. The main story was good but could have been better. Some of the side missions were hilarious but a lot were duds.

I had fun with my stealth hacker build, crafting the OP Hammer pistol and other legendary weapons but this game should have been so much more. There were some really good core characters though. I loved Panam more than anyone else, really good companion imo.

Don't really have the heart to sweep up the remaining trophies. I'll delete from the console and go after trophies when the game is more stable and next gen patch is available on PS5 next year.

Gonna start 13 Sentinels tomorrow...

An 8/10 after 50 crashes means it must have been absolutely incredible.

Abi

Jun 3, 2020
My Major-inspired V
AZPc3Ww.jpg

vixbp1Z.jpg

hQ5PcLG.jpg

3oaWbE1.jpg

Last edited:

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Around the corner from your apartment is an alleyway, there is a shard with "Feed teh kitteh" in it. Next to it is a small bowl. Put cat food in it and then go to bed, when you wake up the cat will be there and you can pick it up. It then becomes yours.

I looked up where to find cat food and discovered the industrial park was completely abandoned, so I looted the place with impunity.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
Wtf is going on with the patch on steam? It downloaded 1.7GB and then sat there doing nothing, then downloaded 1.7GB and once the progress bar was done it started increasing the download size and now it's at 27GB.

Nekrono

May 17, 2018
So is the PC patch safe? I just got the title card and haven't had any real issues on PC, scared the patch breaks something or affects performance negatively.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
godamn.

its such a shame about console performance and bugs cause content wise this game is fucking amazing.

great story, great characters, great side stuff with little backstories.

The combat loop is fun as is finding different ways to approach each side gig.

They really need to get console performance fixed though.

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
Just finished after 95hs or so. Fucking amazing on a high end PC. Already wanna play again, but I'm gonna wait for GOTY edition with all DLC. Gonna miss the city in the meantime.

Gameplay was top-notch, even tho it was a bit trivial after a while - even on very hard.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I watched a youtube video that showed me how to get a full 4-piece legendary corpo outfit with 3-4 mod slots each. Now I'm crafting epic armadillo mods to beef up that armor rating to the sky.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Wtf is going on with the patch on steam? It downloaded 1.7GB and then sat there doing nothing, then downloaded 1.7GB and once the progress bar was done it started increasing the download size and now it's at 27GB.
The patching system is really quirky with this game, or maybe it's like this with others and I've never noticed, but the download (at least from GOG) was 9GB roughly yet it still needed 60GB free to change everything. My patch progress bar was literally locked up for a good 5-6 mins while it was doing its thing and I thought it froze. Eventually it finalized and everything was fine.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the Delamain quests and that was hilarious

Really liked the different personalities you came across

Car trying to off itself
Beep Beep motherucker!
Glados
Scared car that didn't want to be around people

etc

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
I watched a youtube video that showed me how to get a full 4-piece legendary corpo outfit with 3-4 mod slots each. Now I'm crafting epic armadillo mods to beef up that armor rating to the sky.
I never found any armadillo crafting spec. Where you get it?
I bought blue ones from vendors tho. You can just check - move time forward a day and check again, since they'll restock their inventory.

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I finally saw the credits roll after such a heart-warming, awesome ending....and it crashed haha.

Sums up my overall experience with the game pretty succinctly. I really, really enjoyed it; the story and characters were phenomenal, and that world....ahhh, soo good. But just when I'm enjoying the experience a bit too much, a strange bug or crash will come in to bring me back to Earth.

At its core, I think there really is something wonderful here. It's not the generation defining RPG some of us thought it was going to be, and the issues plaguing the game...well, they speak for themselves and 110% deserve the criticism they are getting. But I hope one day CDPR is able to pull it together and get all versions of this game into a working state.

The game is too good to simply remain a meme for eternity, and who knows, that label might always stick around no matter what CDPR does. But I think they owe it to themselves and to the fans who are sticking with it to try and "right the ship."

Edit - Oh and for context, I got the ending where
I leave Night City with Panam. It's honestly the ending I hoped existed since meeting Panam and falling in love with that charcter and her crew. So glad it ended up being an option.

Last edited:

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
Lmao ever since the 1.05 patch on PC, you know those cars randomly parked on the side of the road with some npc's in the badlands area? Well, now when they spawn in for me, they sometimes fly up in the sky as i get close to them as if they were blown up then fall back down....

zerodeefex

Mar 30, 2019
Lmao ever since the 1.05 patch on PC, you know those cars randomly parked on the side of the road with some npc's in the badlands area? Well, now when they spawn in for me, they sometimes fly up in the sky as i get close to them as if they were blown up then fall back down....

It's super weird. The patch seems to have totally tanked my performance on 3700x/3080. I lost a good 25+% performance from a SMT fixed 1.04 > 1.05.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I never found any armadillo crafting spec. Where you get it?
I bought blue ones from vendors tho. You can just check - move time forward a day and check again, since they'll restock their inventory.
Watch this and FF to 10:30 for the location of the armadillo mod schematics. It's actually at the location of an assault-in-progress.

Though the entire thing is worth watching.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
I feel kind of terrible. I'm playing on Xbox series x and noticing that I really like this game. The performances are great, the choices are fun. The city is fun. The gameplay is dope. It performs pretty well for me. As good as any other rpg I have ever played.

i...feel guilty
No need to feel terrible or guilty for playing this game. What I suggest is you think of the issues with CDPR, the social issues etc. and not think of them as the entire company having those views. They have 100's of employee's and not all of them believe in some of the BS that a few have said. No reason to feel terrible about it.

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel kind of terrible. I'm playing on Xbox series x and noticing that I really like this game. The performances are great, the choices are fun. The city is fun. The gameplay is dope. It performs pretty well for me. As good as any other rpg I have ever played.

i...feel guilty
As a PS5 owner I feel the same way. As I outlined in my post above, I recognize the flaws this game has, but I think its strengths far outweigh them...on the proper hardware lol.

I can completely understand if that's impossible for PS4 and XBO owners players though.

painey

Oct 27, 2017
I'm doing a lot of from behind grab kills & hidden snipe headshots but not getting any stealth or rifle experience it feels like? When I get pistol headshots my pistol level is going up, but not stealth so I'm not sure if it's bugged or not.

An 8/10 after 50 crashes means it must have been absolutely incredible.
I'd give Wasteland 3 an 8/10 and it crashed for me over 100 times on Xbox One gamepass

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
At 85 hours on PS5 and I have had nearly 40 crashes. Still a really fun game, just super buggy. I just save my progress all the damn time.

And somehow, its not the most buggy game I have ever played at launch. That award goes to Battlefield 4 on PS4. That was a real shit show.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Damn, the Arasaka ending is bleak as all hell. Don't know what's worse, having six months to live or letting Judy down to the point where she leaves.

F2BBm3ga

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sheesh, these fools really forgot to implement some sort of Night vision or Light source when doing missions in Buildings with ZERO light. Literally in this mission now and all the lights our out and I gotta just abuse Gamma to be able to do it. So stupid

Goda

Oct 26, 2017
Toronto
At 85 hours on PS5 and I have had nearly 40 crashes. Still a really fun game, just super buggy. I just save my progress all the damn time.

And somehow, its not the most buggy game I have ever played at launch. That award goes to Battlefield 4 on PS4. That was a real shit show.

This game is bad but I think people forget games like battlefield 4 and anthem. People legit couldn't play anthem for days because it was so broken. When I actually got in to play it would still crash and then I'm locked out again for hours. Worst game launch ever.

MattB

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sooo after the patch I got a subtitle stuck on the screen from Johnny that will not go away... Did restart, turned off the subtitles and turned back on and they are still there. I hate it lol

Karish

Oct 25, 2017
I just beat the game. 24 hours after requesting a refund from Sony. I have mixed feelings about this. With 1.04 patch my game was crashing a completely unacceptable amount. Maybe every 30 mins, if I made it to an hour it was often mid-mission crash that caused me to have to replay a bunch of shit. It sucked. I was pissed. I requested the refund. Then last night the 1.05 patch came out, not only did it seemingly help my crash issue on PS5 (only had 1 in my final 5 or so hours of playing, which is still 1 too many), but the HDR fix really made the game look much better. So... I finished the game. Even if it ran perfectly, this would still be 8/10 game in my mind.

I assume I will be refunded by Sony, which again, I have mixed feelings about. My current plan is to repurchase the game when the next-gen patch comes. I cannot imagine I am the only person who is finishing the game after requesting a refund. It sucks for CDPR. But they shipped an unfinished game. Even though my final hours with the game were much improved, my initial experience was bad in ways I have never experienced in a game before. I guess what I'm saying is, if I could choose to only request a partial refund, maybe $30 back, I would do that instead. If Sony sees that I finished it and does not refund me, that is totally cool with me.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Anyone know if the latest patch negatively affected the Series X version in any way? I'm reading it reduced density and added pop in on the PS5 version?