• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Transistor

Vodka martini, dirty, with Tito's please
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Epileptic PSA: There are reports that animations and flashing lights in this game can cause seizures. Read this article for more information

Why is there controversy surrounding CD Projekt Red and Cyberpunk 2077?

CD Projekt Red has a history of transphobia. This is well documented at this point and not a matter of debate. Due to this context there is particular concern about transphobic or insensitive content in Cyberpunk 2077 itself, such as the decision to tie gender to voice in the character creator, and trans fetishization in illustrations in the game—and these are just examples from prerelease footage. Additionally, there have been concerns about racist imagery and stereotyping. This article goes into depth about some of these issues.

What incidents of transphobia have occurred surrounding the game and the company, and why are they hurtful?

This list will be updated over time as more examples come to light, especially as the game releases and more content is uncovered. If you wish to have something added to this list, please send me a DM and get my attention.

Why is ResetEra allowing an official thread for this game?

There has been a lot of discussion about whether there should even be an official thread for Cyberpunk 2077, and many points of view were considered for this decision. Ultimately, a thread like this can serve as a platform for minority concerns to be aired and discussed respectfully, and given appropriate attention. We've also heard from minority members, including some trans members, who have asked for a space where they can talk about the game without needing to worry about trolling and bigoted posting. We expect all posters in the thread to extend the consideration and empathy to give them that space. We will be moderating as strictly as necessary to make sure they do.

What can I do to help fight transphobia?

Transphobia exists in many aspects of our lives. From casual discrimination such as the continuous misuse of a person's preferred pronouns, to more serious ramifications such as housing being denied, legal rights being taken away, and being discriminated in the legal system. Every trans person either has experienced transphobia in their lives, or will experience transphobia at some point.

Moreover, transphobia is a systematic issue that is present in every level of our society. Politicians fight to take away our rights. Celebrities use coded language and religious justifications, if not outright hostility, in order to continue to deny our existence. Media continues to portray us as the butt of a joke, or acts like we're something to be fascinated by, rather than treated with respect.

Actions speak louder than words: Become active in your local politics, donate to transgender causes, stand up for these issues wherever they arise, and if you know transgender people in your life be there for them and support them.

Here are some pro-trans organizations around the world where you can make a donation and show your support
  • For those of you in the US, The Trevor Project is one of the leading LGBT organizations. They are dedicated to crisis intervention and suicide prevention for people who are in need of support, love, and care.
  • For those of you in the UK, Mermaids is dedicated to the support of transgender, non-binary, and gender-diverse children, young adults, and their families. They have been around since 1995, and have been one of the most vocal voices speaking out against transphobia in the UK, including showing the dangers that transphobia imposes upon our youth.
  • If you would like to donate to CDPR's native country of Poland, you can find the Trans-Fuzja Foundation website here. The Trans-Fuzja Foundation has been around since 2008, and is dedicated to the support of transgender people in Poland in many aspects of life and society, including politics.
We are your friends. We are your family members. We're your coworkers. We're the people you meet on the street. We're the essential workers who keep society running in a pandemic. We're everywhere. We're not some sort of freak or joke, and we're not going away.

I want to give major thanks to Uzzy for lending her talent, time, and effort in putting together graphics and material for this official thread. Without her, this would not have been possible on such short notice. I would also like to give a shout out and thanks to Kyuuji for allowing me to use images and links from her own thread for this posts.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
1080 on a 144hz g-sync monitor, but I'm looking to make a system wide overhaul and will be moving up to 1440.

My plan was to wait for a 3080 super and build around that, so it's good to know where you are with your 3070. I'd really like to be able to play games like this with the settings you're at (minus res) and perfectly lock at 60.
3080 will get you right around 60fps at Ultra+RT at 1440p w/DLSS in Quality mode. I tend to float between 55-65 depending on where I am. G-sync helps smooth it out, so you don't really feel the fluctuations. Turning up DLSS would probably get more frames, but probably not too many more. I'm not CPU bound (9700K), but I probably would be soon enough.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
3080 will get you right around 60fps at Ultra+RT at 1440p w/DLSS in Quality mode. I tend to float between 55-65 depending on where I am. G-sync helps smooth it out, so you don't really feel the fluctuations. Turning up DLSS would probably get more frames, but probably not too many more. I'm not CPU bound (9700K), but I probably would be soon enough.
Ok, then I think I'll definitely hold out. I have a 2080 / 2700x atm and for the vast majority of games I play it's still overkil, may as well get the exact perfomance I want with such a big system wide upgrade.

Cheers!

chespace

Hearthstone Esports Global Franchise Lead
Oct 27, 2017
Oh great, this patch broke the 3700x / 3080 performance again. And the hex edit trick won't work.

Man, fuck everything about this game. Such an absolute train wreck.

I'm on an i9-9900k with 3080 and this patch boosted performance for me.

I'm now getting around 45fps with Psycho RT settings @ 4K with Quality DLSS whereas pre-patch it was in the mid 30's and not super playable for me.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
I feel kind of terrible. I'm playing on Xbox series x and noticing that I really like this game. The performances are great, the choices are fun. The city is fun. The gameplay is dope. It performs pretty well for me. As good as any other rpg I have ever played.

i...feel guilty

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
I feel kind of terrible. I'm playing on Xbox series x and noticing that I really like this game. The performances are great, the choices are fun. The city is fun. The gameplay is dope. It performs pretty well for me. As good as any other rpg I have ever played.

i...feel guilty
Don't. There's a solid game in there, and there are a lot of CDPR devs who are proud of the work they put it, but it's just got so much baggage. Please enjoy the game, don't let other people make you feel any other way about it.

Oracle

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
What increases the save file ? Breaking down weapons and gear ? Or actually crafting ? Should I just sell everything now?

Deleted member 56752

Banned
May 15, 2019
Don't. There's a solid game in there, and there are a lot of CDPR devs who are proud of the work they put it, but it's just got so much baggage. Please enjoy the game, don't let other people make you feel any other way about it.
I just. Feel gross about myself. But since 2015, it's this game and Outer Worlds that have scratched this itch. This genre of RPG. Ugh.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Playing this game gave me a hankerin' to replay Mankind Divided. That franchise never gets the love it deserves.

Guaraná

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
brazil, unfortunately
playing on 1.05 on PC right now and it seems like the performance got improved by A LOT. Is it just me?

2080 vanilla + i7 7700k, 16gb ram - playing on 1440p (dlss quality), ray tracing on medium (everything on) and I'm hitting around 45fps on dense parts. Decided to lock at 30 because it feels smoother this way, but HUGE improvement here.

XVerdena

Oct 28, 2017
So Judy just sent me a message telling me she has left me a gift at my home... but I can't find anything. Any help?

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
Its crazy how I adore the game but so many little thing gets me unreasonably mad :

cars / Vehicule :
- no customization. You see gangs riding customs bikes, parts and paints job. You can't. You have to buy a single version of the vehicule and maybe get another one for free. Hard to justify spending 130k eddies on that butt ugly yellow Arch bike when you see some amazing looking ones in gang shootouts with different headlight, different canopy and paint...
- You can't possess all the vehicules you see in the street, a few are missing and no ownership possible of any sort of heavy duty.

No weapon visual customization (but shaders are supported, you just don't have a say) You loot pink, lime green guns but you can't choose to apply these shaders.
No armor / clothes transmo...
No way to change your appearance past the character creation... Crazy for such a game and such a setting
Barely no chrome to add to you character. No designer legs, no chrome gold skin, no full face plates... no full armored body replacement... You see randoms npcs to important characters with amazing models, chrome and shit, but that's not available for you

Stashes not being linked between hideouts. Vehicules trunk not being stashes...

LeProvo

Apr 24, 2020
Turkey
Game on my ps5 was really stuttery for me with driving in some areas and crowded places with npcs? Anyone with same experience or is it really smooth 60 fps? I'm also waiting for my refund, I will get back to it with next-gen update probably.

z1ggy

Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
Because I keep hearing about how greedy the company is, transphobic, racist, oblivious, manipulative, mean spirited, gross. Liars. But... I like the art. Feel like I should wash down the guilt with a purchase of hades
You can like a product while you are aware of its issues and even if you call out the game or company for said issues. Nothing wrong with enjoying the game, relax.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Whataboutism, Prior ban for same
Because I keep hearing about how greedy the company is, transphobic, racist, oblivious, manipulative, mean spirited, gross. Liars. But... I like the art. Feel like I should wash down the guilt with a purchase of hades
wait until you hear about the Uighur people in china
oh boy

Nebuzel

Oct 27, 2017
I feel kind of terrible. I'm playing on Xbox series x and noticing that I really like this game. The performances are great, the choices are fun. The city is fun. The gameplay is dope. It performs pretty well for me. As good as any other rpg I have ever played. i...feel guilty

Don't feel guilty. Some of those issues (mentioned in later reply) were there before the game released and it still became the most hyped game of the past couple years. A lot of people got caught up in irrational hype about this game. Now there is an irrational backlash against the totality of the game. There are major problems when it comes to last-gen consoles. But it doesn't make the totality of the game absolute junk. The art, the world, the style and storyline can be pretty interesting when you look at how it compares to other RPG games.

It is understandable why some are caught up in the backlash just like they were in the hype. Those same people are probably playing on a platform where Cyberpunk isn't running up to par. You shouldn't feel guilty enjoying Cyberpunk on a XBox Series console where it runs at an acceptable level. Personally, I'm not waiting to play Cyberpunk with a next-gen patch. There are too many good games coming out close to summer and late 2021 that Cyberpunk, for me, is optimal to play now when there is less competition for attention. Resident Evil Village, Horizon II, Halo, Battlefield, and other unannounced games and RPGs? Personally, not waiting around.

Last edited:

Deleted member 56752

Banned
May 15, 2019
Don't feel guilty. Some of those issues (mentioned in later reply) were there before the game released and it still became the most hyped game of the past couple years. A lot of people got caught up in irrational hype about this game. Now there is an irrational backlash against the totality of the game. There are major problems when it comes to last-gen consoles. But it doesn't make the totality of the game absolute junk. The art, the world, the style and storyline can be pretty interesting when you look at how it compares to other RPG games.

It is understandable why some are caught up in the backlash just like they were in the hype. Those same people are probably playing on a platform where Cyberpunk isn't running up to par. You shouldn't feel guilty enjoying Cyberpunk on a XBox Series console where it runs at an acceptable level. Personally, I'm not waiting to play Cyberpunk with a next-gen patch. There are too many good games coming out close to summer and late 2021 that Cyberpunk, for me, is optimal to play now when there is less competition for attention. Resident Evil Village, Horizon II, Halo, Battlefield, and other unannounced games and RPGs? Personally, not waiting around.
I don't believe in waiting. I might get a pc version of it in a year for $20 to see what my i79700k/rtx 2080 super can do

Oct 27, 2017
wow played for a hour or soo and didn't see a difference in the patch at all i did put on RT and stayed on 60 for the most part..

using a
R3600
16gb and didn't see a difference in core use-age or anything sooo i guess for 6 core users they did the hex fix i did a few days ago...

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh. I saw a patch so I thought I'd try again on PS5 as I like the game when it isn't crashing.

After the game started I realized the settings reverted as vertical look wasn't inverted. So I go into options, switch to inverted, and... I can't get out of the menu. I try every fucking button. Nope. I'm stuck. Fucking hell...

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Only just realised this is the music Hanako was playing. Kinda cheating putting Chopin in there, but hey.

Oct 27, 2017
Jesus Christ, what's the name of that one sick-ass trap beat on the radio? You know the one.

edit: the one that starts around 4:00

not sure if its just me but im i the only one that does care for the radio in cars or bikes I have that shit on 0 in sound... not sure why either i remember listening to the radio in gta all the time and LMAO... not sure why i guess i just like the OST more... but its getting stale after 70 hours..

Oct 27, 2017

I'm just going to leave this here

nZcwYoLBywxeZ5IFlS4P.gif

Emergency & I

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This drama is all so weird to me. Playing on PS4 Pro and while the load times an occasional hiccups are there, it's been a smooth experience for me. 20 hours or so and only one sort of crash.

Anyway, once I got into my 'Witcher rhythm' in how I played that game, I am absolutely loving 2077.

Oct 27, 2017
What increases the save file ? Breaking down weapons and gear ? Or actually crafting ? Should I just sell everything now?
I tested a little today and just getting items at all increases it... 2 or 3 items or so are like .01mb lol but I did sell items to an item box and after i sold them and saved my save size did go down....

but from what i read it was crafting 1000s of items at a time and sell them that got it up to 8mbs. im at 70 hours played and im about 40% through the story id say and my save file is only 3.71mb sooo they really need to increase it though to at least 100mb

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Misty's disappointment in you when you go for the Arasaka ending is painful.