• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Epileptic PSA: There are reports that animations and flashing lights in this game can cause seizures. Read this article for more information

Why is there controversy surrounding CD Projekt Red and Cyberpunk 2077?

CD Projekt Red has a history of transphobia. This is well documented at this point and not a matter of debate. Due to this context there is particular concern about transphobic or insensitive content in Cyberpunk 2077 itself, such as the decision to tie gender to voice in the character creator, and trans fetishization in illustrations in the game—and these are just examples from prerelease footage. Additionally, there have been concerns about racist imagery and stereotyping. This article goes into depth about some of these issues.

What incidents of transphobia have occurred surrounding the game and the company, and why are they hurtful?

This list will be updated over time as more examples come to light, especially as the game releases and more content is uncovered. If you wish to have something added to this list, please send me a DM and get my attention.

Why is ResetEra allowing an official thread for this game?

There has been a lot of discussion about whether there should even be an official thread for Cyberpunk 2077, and many points of view were considered for this decision. Ultimately, a thread like this can serve as a platform for minority concerns to be aired and discussed respectfully, and given appropriate attention. We've also heard from minority members, including some trans members, who have asked for a space where they can talk about the game without needing to worry about trolling and bigoted posting. We expect all posters in the thread to extend the consideration and empathy to give them that space. We will be moderating as strictly as necessary to make sure they do.

What can I do to help fight transphobia?

Transphobia exists in many aspects of our lives. From casual discrimination such as the continuous misuse of a person's preferred pronouns, to more serious ramifications such as housing being denied, legal rights being taken away, and being discriminated in the legal system. Every trans person either has experienced transphobia in their lives, or will experience transphobia at some point.

Moreover, transphobia is a systematic issue that is present in every level of our society. Politicians fight to take away our rights. Celebrities use coded language and religious justifications, if not outright hostility, in order to continue to deny our existence. Media continues to portray us as the butt of a joke, or acts like we're something to be fascinated by, rather than treated with respect.

Actions speak louder than words: Become active in your local politics, donate to transgender causes, stand up for these issues wherever they arise, and if you know transgender people in your life be there for them and support them.

Here are some pro-trans organizations around the world where you can make a donation and show your support
  • For those of you in the US, The Trevor Project is one of the leading LGBT organizations. They are dedicated to crisis intervention and suicide prevention for people who are in need of support, love, and care.
  • For those of you in the UK, Mermaids is dedicated to the support of transgender, non-binary, and gender-diverse children, young adults, and their families. They have been around since 1995, and have been one of the most vocal voices speaking out against transphobia in the UK, including showing the dangers that transphobia imposes upon our youth.
  • If you would like to donate to CDPR's native country of Poland, you can find the Trans-Fuzja Foundation website here. The Trans-Fuzja Foundation has been around since 2008, and is dedicated to the support of transgender people in Poland in many aspects of life and society, including politics.
We are your friends. We are your family members. We're your coworkers. We're the people you meet on the street. We're the essential workers who keep society running in a pandemic. We're everywhere. We're not some sort of freak or joke, and we're not going away.

I want to give major thanks to Uzzy for lending her talent, time, and effort in putting together graphics and material for this official thread. Without her, this would not have been possible on such short notice. I would also like to give a shout out and thanks to Kyuuji for allowing me to use images and links from her own thread for this posts.

Jhey Cyphre

Oct 25, 2017
kotaku.com

Cyberpunk 2077 Third-Person Bug Reveals V Is A Shambling Monstrosity

Cyberpunk 2077 is a disaster that the executives at CD Projekt knew full well was going to crash and burn. That said, one of its numerous bugs has the benefit of giving players what they’ve asked for since the game’s long-ago 2012 reveal: a third-person mode.

Didn't know you were playing as a Silent Hill monster.

You could tell by the shadows how bad it was going to be.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
What's new patch wise on PC ?
www.ign.com

Cyberpunk 2077 1.05 Hotfix Released for PlayStation, Xbox, and PC - IGN

Cyberpunk 2077's Hotfix 1.05 is live for PC, PlayStation, and Xbox and it addresses many quest and visual issues and promises "multiple stability improvements, including crash fixes."

PC-specific
  • [AMD SMT] Optimized default core/thread utilization for 4-core and 6-core AMD Ryzen(tm) processors. 8-core, 12-core and 16-core processors remain unchanged and behaving as intended. This change was implemented in cooperation with AMD and based on tests on both sides indicating that performance improvement occurs only on CPUs with 6 cores and less.
  • Fixed an issue with the way Raw Input is collected.
  • Removed the use of AVX instruction set thus fixing crashes occurring at the end of the Prologue on processors not supporting AVX.
  • Removed debug console to prevent functions that could lead to crashes or blocked quests. This doesn't mean we don't want to support the modding community. Stay tuned for more info on that.
  • Ray traced reflections should no longer seem too bright in comparison to the environment.
  • Fixed an issue with Steam Overlay crash on game shutdown.
  • Removed the memory_pool_budgets.csv file. which was not connected with the final version of the game and had no influence on it (it was a leftover file used during the development to estimate memory usage. It had no effect on how much memory was actually allocated). Perceived performance increase after editing the file may have been related to restarting the game.

Kinda sucks, being someone on an 8-core Ryzen. Wouldn't that mean a Ryzen 5 is getting more threads out of this game than a Ryzen 7?

flipswitch

Oct 25, 2017
Their streaming fixes had resulted in much better FPS on PS5. Looking forward to benchmarks. The most troubling places are now solid 60fps.

I'm using HDR now. Before this update it was off.

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm having serious storage issues and I have no idea what is taking up so much space.

I have no guns, melee weapons, or clothes in my inventory other than what is equipped. I've sold all my junk. And yet my inventory is 286/390, meaning picking up just a few weapons and items easily puts me over the limit again.
check your food and grenades

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Can I just leave a mission at any time? Like im in the middle of a mission and a character has asked me to take a seat. Can I just leave and come back and do the mission?

Kemal86

Oct 25, 2017
Is it just me, or does Performance mode have the same image quality as Quality mode on XSX after the patch? I took two screenshots back-to-back in different modes, and I can't tell the difference. Before, Performance mode was WAY too muddy for me. But now, seems like there's really no reason to run Quality mode.

I'm not sure if it's the exact same but I think it's been improved. My previous test was to stand down the street (at night) from a glowing sign, and at a certain distance it would be very pixelated in Performance but resolve nicely at the same distance in Quality. I can't seem to duplicate that now on 1.05. So, something may have been improved.

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
Can I just leave a mission at any time? Like im in the middle of a mission and a character has asked me to take a seat. Can I just leave and come back and do the mission?
Yup. I think... never done that lol but I have left in the middle of fighting a cyber psycho to get more ammo and his health was the same level of damage of when I had left it and I was so happy lol

Apr 25, 2020
Seeing the disaster that the PS4 and Xbone versions have turned out to be (and the speculation that the last 21 day delay was merely buying time so that CDPR could refer to them as "last gen" in their press releases when the shit inevitably hit the fan), they really should have just come out a month or two before launch and said "look, we aren't happy with these versions of the game. The hardware is simply too old for us to be able to deliver on our vision, so we're cancelling those versions and offering refunds effective immediately. We apologize for ruining the excitement for so many blahblahblah, however we refuse to release an extremely broken product."

They clearly anticipated the uptake of PS5 and Series X to be far bigger than it turned out to be, then of course COVID happened, severely limiting stock and suddenly console players had little choice but to go with the PS4/Xbone versions if they were desperate to play the game. I am convinced that behind the scenes, CDPR really didn't want those versions to exist at all, and their fuck up is not realizing that months (perhaps even a year) ago when they knew the game was going to be graphically ambitious, next gen was going to be kneecapped by COVID, and thus softened the impact of cancelling the inferior versions well before launch.

I don't mean to make excuses for them. Clearly they have really screwed the pooch on this. At the time they unveiled that 40 minute demo, people were wondering then how the hell this was running on PS4/Xbone. It wasn't as it turns out, it was clearly running on a powerful PC, and there is no chance CDPR didn't see the ugly situation developing in front of them. In other words, it was a shitstorm of poor decisions, poor planning, bad luck (COVID) and an irrational fear of the negative press of announcing even more delays.

Last edited:

wiggler

Oct 27, 2017
Works in any medium that innovate are rare. That should never be the bar for a game. Not being "innovative" shouldn't be held up as a negative either. Something a game/movie/book/etc. just makes a slick-as-hell wheel. (Cyberpunk doesn't do either though)

The one place where I think Cyberpunk doesn't innovate but rather improves upon exceptionally well is its presentation of conversation. The liveliness of NPCs in dialogue, while integrating you into the conversation, letting you crosstalk between multiple people, etc. is the new benchmark for that style in WRPGs IMO.
This really was done very well. During conversations characters would react and emote during V saying the line you chose. Made the dialog sections much more engaging. It also added weight to some of the emotional scenes. I just wish I could have subtitles off for English, especially for this.

I beat the game last night and did a few more of the endings today, and some of those scenes hit HARD emotionally. My first ending was giving Johnny control and going into Arasaka tower with Rogue. I assumed things were going to go bad, especially after it got revealed that Rogue had a son. After the events of the attack, You have a conversation where Judy leaves V, and then V goes on a suicide mission to take the crystal palace. I went to bed late and fucking SAD.

Then today I tried the Panam ending and got the much more optimistic ending but it was still bittered by the loss of some of the major characters from the Aldecaldos. I thought it was really cool that the bit in cyberspace plays out from either V or Johnny's perspective between these two endings. I then reloaded my Panam ending save and chose to give Johnny V's body. As you're walking towards the light Johnny tries to convince you to change your mind by calling you a coward and what not, but he softens and last line is something like "V I'm just scared for ya", And fuck man, that shit cut me deep.

To REALLY top it off, I did the "Easy Way Out" ending after that and those voicemails during the credits made me feel genuinely horrible, like I really let them all down (especially Judy 😢). I really didn't expect to feel so many feelings from these dang endings. Tomorrow I'll try the Hanako one.

Anyway I think I'm just about done with this game until a number of patches or if a DLC gets announced. I'll either start another playthrough with male V, or just mess around in Night City. It'd be a shame for this open world to only be used for one game's worth of content. I hope CDPR releases some of their narrative tools to modders this time for the Red Engine, but I know they have a lot on their plate right now.

Septy

Prophet of Truth
Nov 29, 2017
United States
Err did the latest patch just completely disable npcs? I'm on Series X and have been playing for hours and haven't seen a single npc or car on the road. The city is completely deserted.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Okay. I'm save scumming tf out this. Judy's quests.

Is there any way to appease both parties? Judy tells me to kill Hiromi and the bosses, and I do. Now Maiko is mad and tries to kill me so I kill her. Now Judys mad.

Reload the checkpoint.

I listen to Maiko and don't kill them. Now Judys mad. Again.

I feel like I can't win with these NPCs and have come to the realization that V's patience has run thin. Please give me an evil mode lol. Ungrateful ass people around me.

edit: I just exhausted the dialogue and couldn't find a way to appease all parties. I'd rather just cancel this quest completely. Lol.

Last edited:

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
I hate how each button does 5 things.

Want to dodge? Someone was talking and you skipped their dialogue.
Want to pick up a body, or weapon or something else? I was juggling things around and then equipped something by mistake because they were all the same button.
I keep healing by mistake.

Must review and train hands.

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

Is there any way to appease both parties? Judy tells me to kill Hiromi and the bosses, and I do. Now Maiko is mad and tries to kill me so I kill her. Now Judys mad.

Reload the checkpoint.

I feel like I can't win with these NPCs and have come to the realization that V's patience has run thin. Please give me an evil mode lol. Ungrateful ass people around me.

If you side with judy and kill the bosses, it doesn't matter if you kill maiko. You will get a bad reaction from Judy if you kill her but it will still progress Judy's story line. If you want a better reaction from Judy though you can make your gun non lethal and take her out that way.

The only way to not progress Judy's story line is to listen to Maiko and accept her money.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

Reload the checkpoint.

edit: I just exhausted the dialogue and couldn't find a way to appease all parties. I'd rather just cancel this quest completely. Lol.

I think the best thing here is

Don't listen to Maiko and nonlethally beat her, Judy is fine this way. Obviously not REALLY appeasing there but it keep the original plan in place atleast.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Has anyone here been playing this with Geforce Now on the subscription tier? I know it will vary with connection quality, but just wondering what performance has been like with Raytracing effects on. Messed around with the free tier a bit and performance and image quality seemed pretty solid to me, but of course couldn't test out the RT stuff.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If you side with judy and kill the bosses, it doesn't matter if you kill maiko. You will get a bad reaction from Judy if you kill her but it will still progress Judy's story line. If you want a better reaction from Judy though you can make your gun non lethal and take her out that way.

The only way to not progress Judy's story line is to listen to Maiko and accept her money.

I just committed to
letting Maiko do wtf she wanted (killing Hiromi). It's frustrating because I wanna be on good terms with everybody, but I didn't accept her money.

Hopefully it didn't lock it out. But I ain't gonna lie, seeing both dialogue options lead to that unless I had a proper weapon (which I don't) is fucking frustrating. I almost feel like I wasted my time trying to be a kiss ass for everybody now.

The only reason I kiss ass in RPGs is cause it feels like being nice always leads to the good ending.

Fucking stupid. Lol.

cvbas

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Finished the game on PC. 51 hours of playtime.

Love it despite all its flaws because in the end the game delivered on the fronts that really matters to me: story and characters. I wanted quests as good as the ones in TW3 in a different environment and I got exactly that. I also really like how the RPG elements are much deeper in this game.

Though I'm really curious as to how they'll do the expansion. I mean, I have a very good idea of where it's going to take place, but I wonder how they'll accommodate all the different endings.

TheRyzzl

Oct 5, 2018
Better Enemy AI was listed in Patch 1.0.5

Just wondering if it affects the game in any way, though.
As in... does the improved AI enhance the experience and make them any less "mind-numbingly stupid" ?

www.cyberpunk.net

Hotfix 1.05

Hotfix 1.05 is now live on PC, Xbox and PlayStation systems!

Alls I see AI related is

- Improved the reaction times of NPCs taking cover.

Deathglobe

Oct 25, 2017
While waiting for the pc patch I gave the new Xbox patch a try. I didn't have any issues or crashes. One thing that seems to keep happening is after reading shards the game controls will stop working and I'll have to pause and unpause to get my control back. Vehicles definitely feel more grounded. If anything turning feels slower and doesn't cause sliding as often

senj

Nov 6, 2017
Ok the kusanagi is a lot of fun. Feels like they rigged the physics to make it extra easy to wip into a sideways skid.

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
Arduino Uno's are high quality in 2077

u09vgomapw561.png

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Seeing the disaster that the PS4 and Xbone versions have turned out to be (and the speculation that the last 21 day delay was merely buying time so that CDPR could refer to them as "last gen" in their press releases when the shit inevitably hit the fan), they really should have just come out a month or two before launch and said "look, we aren't happy with these versions of the game. The hardware is simply too old for us to be able to deliver on our vision, so we're cancelling those versions and offering refunds effective immediately. We apologize for ruining the excitement for so many blahblahblah, however we refuse to release an extremely broken product."

They clearly anticipated the uptake of PS5 and Series X to be far bigger than it turned out to be, then of course COVID happened, severely limiting stock and suddenly console players had little choice but to go with the PS4/Xbone versions if they were desperate to play the game. I am convinced that behind the scenes, CDPR really didn't want those versions to exist at all, and their fuck up is not realizing that months (perhaps even a year) ago when they knew the game was going to be graphically ambitious, next gen was going to be kneecapped by COVID, and thus softened the impact of cancelling the inferior versions well before launch.

I don't mean to make excuses for them. Clearly they have really screwed the pooch on this. At the time they unveiled that 40 minute demo, people were wondering then how the hell this was running on PS4/Xbone. It wasn't as it turns out, it was clearly running on a powerful PC, and there is no chance CDPR didn't see the ugly situation developing in front of them. In other words, it was a shitstorm of poor decisions, poor planning, bad luck (COVID) and an irrational fear of the negative press of announcing even more delays.
Even if they did drop the last gen versions, we'd still have these issues. The PC version is better off, but even then the game is still not finished. Cyberpunk is still essentially an Early Access title sold as finished regardless of how many versions there are.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
Is this actually Battlefield 5/Dice situation where every patch fixes a problem and adds three others?

I don't envy people working on these fixes, like nothing at all.

Mar 3, 2019
The sheer vastness of the city is incredible. I've stopped driving cars and just walk everywhere because I keep running into random encounters and unique locales to loot. It's really mind blowing how much atmosphere and detail they managed to fill the game with

Apr 25, 2020
Even if they did drop the last gen versions, we'd still have these issues. The PC version is better off, but even then the game is still not finished. Cyberpunk is still essentially an Early Access title sold as finished regardless of how many versions there are.

There would have been a knock on effect though, right? If they had cancelled the "last gen" versions long ago, rather than devoting what I presume to be a tonne of resources just to get them running at all despite their numerous issues, the final game on PC, PS5 and Series X would have probably been in a better place. There still would have been bugs, lets not kid ourselves, you can't release a game this large without issues like that being overlooked, but as for the incomplete features and the whole "early access" feel that people are having that you describe, it very likely would have been far better than it is now were it not for them desperately trying to make those versions of the game feasible, which ultimately they failed to do anyway.

Jhey Cyphre

Oct 25, 2017
Only alcohol has weight IIRC.

I know it's not realistic, but I really wish there was a whole items rebalance in the works.

There is so much usable stuff just everywhere in this game. Items, ammo, crafting materials (outside of the super high tier stuff) is just such a non-issue it might as well not exist.

I would love for their to be hardcore mode where everything has a more realistic weight and capacity was cut by half at the very least.

Last_colossi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
No side quests? They're better than the main missions.

I finished Panam's story line as well as most of Judy's & a bunch of other side quests, but pretty much every big side quest story I've played V's "problem" is almost constantly brought up so I thought by finishing the main story that "problem" would be remedied and I could come back to the side quests later, but nope. So I don't know maybe I'll come back and do a couple more side quests later but I've kinda just lost interest in the game tbh.

(I definitely agree though that the side quests are WAY better than the main story)

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
There would have been a knock on effect though, right? If they had cancelled the "last gen" versions long ago, rather than devoting what I presume to be a tonne of resources just to get them running at all despite their numerous issues, the final game on PC, PS5 and Series X would have probably been in a better place. There still would have been bugs, lets not kid ourselves, you can't release a game this large without issues like that being overlooked, but as for the incomplete features and the whole "early access" feel that people are having that you describe, it very likely would have been far better than it is now were it not for them desperately trying to make those versions of the game feasible, which ultimately they failed to do anyway.
Given the abysmal state the game is in on last gen boxes, the only thing I think would've changed would've been the fact that we would've seen this mess last month instead of this month. They still would've had a mess to clean up after cutting off the old version would've required work and code cleanup.

Mar 3, 2019
I almost wish there was a separate pc version of this thread that existed. My experience is completely different to all these console players. Only had 3 bugs in my 20 hours of playtime, solid performance, and beautiful 4K raytracing. It's almost like I'm playing a different game