• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Epileptic PSA: There are reports that animations and flashing lights in this game can cause seizures. Read this article for more information

Why is there controversy surrounding CD Projekt Red and Cyberpunk 2077?

CD Projekt Red has a history of transphobia. This is well documented at this point and not a matter of debate. Due to this context there is particular concern about transphobic or insensitive content in Cyberpunk 2077 itself, such as the decision to tie gender to voice in the character creator, and trans fetishization in illustrations in the game—and these are just examples from prerelease footage. Additionally, there have been concerns about racist imagery and stereotyping. This article goes into depth about some of these issues.

What incidents of transphobia have occurred surrounding the game and the company, and why are they hurtful?

This list will be updated over time as more examples come to light, especially as the game releases and more content is uncovered. If you wish to have something added to this list, please send me a DM and get my attention.

Why is ResetEra allowing an official thread for this game?

There has been a lot of discussion about whether there should even be an official thread for Cyberpunk 2077, and many points of view were considered for this decision. Ultimately, a thread like this can serve as a platform for minority concerns to be aired and discussed respectfully, and given appropriate attention. We've also heard from minority members, including some trans members, who have asked for a space where they can talk about the game without needing to worry about trolling and bigoted posting. We expect all posters in the thread to extend the consideration and empathy to give them that space. We will be moderating as strictly as necessary to make sure they do.

What can I do to help fight transphobia?

Transphobia exists in many aspects of our lives. From casual discrimination such as the continuous misuse of a person's preferred pronouns, to more serious ramifications such as housing being denied, legal rights being taken away, and being discriminated in the legal system. Every trans person either has experienced transphobia in their lives, or will experience transphobia at some point.

Moreover, transphobia is a systematic issue that is present in every level of our society. Politicians fight to take away our rights. Celebrities use coded language and religious justifications, if not outright hostility, in order to continue to deny our existence. Media continues to portray us as the butt of a joke, or acts like we're something to be fascinated by, rather than treated with respect.

Actions speak louder than words: Become active in your local politics, donate to transgender causes, stand up for these issues wherever they arise, and if you know transgender people in your life be there for them and support them.

Here are some pro-trans organizations around the world where you can make a donation and show your support
  • For those of you in the US, The Trevor Project is one of the leading LGBT organizations. They are dedicated to crisis intervention and suicide prevention for people who are in need of support, love, and care.
  • For those of you in the UK, Mermaids is dedicated to the support of transgender, non-binary, and gender-diverse children, young adults, and their families. They have been around since 1995, and have been one of the most vocal voices speaking out against transphobia in the UK, including showing the dangers that transphobia imposes upon our youth.
  • If you would like to donate to CDPR's native country of Poland, you can find the Trans-Fuzja Foundation website here. The Trans-Fuzja Foundation has been around since 2008, and is dedicated to the support of transgender people in Poland in many aspects of life and society, including politics.
We are your friends. We are your family members. We're your coworkers. We're the people you meet on the street. We're the essential workers who keep society running in a pandemic. We're everywhere. We're not some sort of freak or joke, and we're not going away.

I want to give major thanks to Uzzy for lending her talent, time, and effort in putting together graphics and material for this official thread. Without her, this would not have been possible on such short notice. I would also like to give a shout out and thanks to Kyuuji for allowing me to use images and links from her own thread for this posts.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
They really needed to gate all these gigs behind your actually meeting these fixers face-to-face. It just leaves you overwhelmed by requests from people with whom you have zero relationship. And then if you go out of your way to meet them in person, they've got nothing to say.
Real vanilla Destiny vibes.

Yeah this was a disappointment for me too. I randomly ran into a fixer hideout, and when I talked to said fixer it was the same options as I had via cell phone.

overthewaves

Sep 30, 2020
For some reason the patch won't install on my PS5. Is it because I have the 'install PS4 games on the external' toggle on while CP 2077 is on the internal ssd?

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
Under the new patch on PS5, 90 minutes in, game crash

giphy.gif

Oct 25, 2017
VIC, AUSTRALIA
Fucks sake. New patch reset the visual settings on PS4 again so I went into the settings menu and now the 'o' close button doesn't work, twice I've had to kill the game and restart it and both times the menu is fucked.

Why. Why why why.

R8ER34

Mar 4, 2018
How about this new bug on ps5 with the update... can't exit out of the settings screen from the main menu 😂😂😂

Casper

Oct 25, 2017
How about this new bug on ps5 with the update... can't exit out of the settings screen from the main menu 😂😂😂

Or in game... was just coming to post that. They REALLY don't want me to turn Noise and CA off...

Oh and this caused my settings data to "become corrupted" after force closing and restarting the game.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
I've only known Judy for a week and a half but if anything happened to her I would kill everyone in the game.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
i always figured that config file was placebo/performance uplift was caused by restart because the game had a clear perf degradation thing going on the more you played per session (probs a memory leak)

it was also obvious the game never restricted vram usage the way that file indicated

MavFan619

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Definitely. You do get an extra line but yeah.. more of that would be better!
Yeah this might be asking too much but something new after every major mission or something would be kinda cool.
I am starting to think that people really like Judy
She's my favorite and Panam and crew are best crew. I think everything involved with those characters and some of the Silverhand saved me from outright hating the game. You give me some characters I will care about and I'm in.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Most of the non story related character moments are great. The tone, banter, the more realistic human like interactions; if more games copy anything from Cyberpunk, it should be those.

Dragon Age and Mass Effect would both benefit from Judy/Jackie/Panam quality interactions.

Sax

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Finished the game. Disclaimer that I did it on a beefy new PC so performance wasn't an issue. 75 hours, phew. Cleared everything, pretty much. Also played through all the ending paths, they were each satisfyingly different. I was pretty down on the lifeless world earlier but the more I played the more I realized it just doesn't matter to me. I understand people that want these systems to be more engaging but I personally never do any kind of side activities in open worlds that aren't quests, or do rampages/chaos, so my requirements for the open world are pretty low. Needs to look good, ooze atmosphere (oh boy does Night City nail this), the people/cars just need to *exist* haha, and provide interesting locations for quests. Did all that for me. Playing as a stealth hacker god with absurd pistol headshots was also an immensely satisfying build, it's the kind of playstyle I aim for in games like this and the talents/hacks support it so well. The story was fine, but it does feel a bit short and the best parts of the game for me were the character specific side quest chains. I eagerly await expansions and to come back to a hopefully much more polished game then too.

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It was a good run, but I've lost the ability to climb ladders, interact with anything, draw a weapon, or climb over anything. Whatever bug I encountered during "the hunt" side story has broken the game. Restarting it won't even fix it, so I guess I'm fucked until this mythical patch drops.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
On series X, 60+ hours with no crashes. Downloaded the patch and not only did I crash it shut the entire console off.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
I tried the same thing

Definitely an improvement. Police haven't changed much though, Just after I shot that cop I ran about 20 feet down the road were there were to more stood next to a cruiser, They didn't register me as a danger until I was right next to them.

I found if you do the same thing but away from any cops that are standing around, you don't get chased or get a wanted level. It seems to only happen if the cops are within the area. In the area that you did your video, I walked to the left and down the street a block or so, opened fire into the air...pedestrians ran like hell but no cops or wanted level.

T-Virus

Alt-Account
Banned
Jun 5, 2020
Every time I enter a area I get the "Entered a new area" even though I have visited the area before.

And after seeing all the people commenting how bikes are fun to drive...I just found the first bike and they are trash. I'll stick to cars

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Is it just me or does the XSX look a lot cleaner now
I noticed the same thing. I am in Quality mode and it looks a little cleaner and the HDR seems a bit better. I have not tried switching to performance. Prior the the patch performance just looks a little too soft..so I wonder if this patch helps that since they did do some adjustments. Will try it out when I get some time.

Jokerman

May 16, 2020
I think I am turning off auto update on the GOG PC version. I'm not having any performance issues and the game hasn't crashed once for me, although I am only 13 hours in. Can't see what it would fix for me, as I'm not expecting miracles with the AI.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
Playing on PS5 , not sure if it's placebo effect but I find the game a little downgraded since the patch. Lighting and volumetric effect less impressive

I also noticed the toned down Volumetrics. Probably a sacrifice to make the game run better on PS4 Pro.

At least the game runs closer to 60fps now, specially in areas with a ton of Volumetric fog and lighting, like Cherry Blossom Market.

Spasm

Nov 16, 2017
Is it just me, or does Performance mode have the same image quality as Quality mode on XSX after the patch? I took two screenshots back-to-back in different modes, and I can't tell the difference. Before, Performance mode was WAY too muddy for me. But now, seems like there's really no reason to run Quality mode.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
God all of this is just so depressing. I guess I did end up overhyped over this. I just wanted a good cyberpunk game. Sigh.

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
Were there preorder bonuses on PC that I didn't know about?

I just looked in my install drive and I have a bunch of bonus content, including some wallpapers, a novella, and a digital copy of the entire Cyberpunk 2020 TTRPG rulebook.

Anyway, if anyone doesn't know about that stuff, they should check their install drives to see if they got them.