• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Epileptic PSA: There are reports that animations and flashing lights in this game can cause seizures. Read this article for more information

Why is there controversy surrounding CD Projekt Red and Cyberpunk 2077?

CD Projekt Red has a history of transphobia. This is well documented at this point and not a matter of debate. Due to this context there is particular concern about transphobic or insensitive content in Cyberpunk 2077 itself, such as the decision to tie gender to voice in the character creator, and trans fetishization in illustrations in the game—and these are just examples from prerelease footage. Additionally, there have been concerns about racist imagery and stereotyping. This article goes into depth about some of these issues.

What incidents of transphobia have occurred surrounding the game and the company, and why are they hurtful?

This list will be updated over time as more examples come to light, especially as the game releases and more content is uncovered. If you wish to have something added to this list, please send me a DM and get my attention.

Why is ResetEra allowing an official thread for this game?

There has been a lot of discussion about whether there should even be an official thread for Cyberpunk 2077, and many points of view were considered for this decision. Ultimately, a thread like this can serve as a platform for minority concerns to be aired and discussed respectfully, and given appropriate attention. We've also heard from minority members, including some trans members, who have asked for a space where they can talk about the game without needing to worry about trolling and bigoted posting. We expect all posters in the thread to extend the consideration and empathy to give them that space. We will be moderating as strictly as necessary to make sure they do.

What can I do to help fight transphobia?

Transphobia exists in many aspects of our lives. From casual discrimination such as the continuous misuse of a person's preferred pronouns, to more serious ramifications such as housing being denied, legal rights being taken away, and being discriminated in the legal system. Every trans person either has experienced transphobia in their lives, or will experience transphobia at some point.

Moreover, transphobia is a systematic issue that is present in every level of our society. Politicians fight to take away our rights. Celebrities use coded language and religious justifications, if not outright hostility, in order to continue to deny our existence. Media continues to portray us as the butt of a joke, or acts like we're something to be fascinated by, rather than treated with respect.

Actions speak louder than words: Become active in your local politics, donate to transgender causes, stand up for these issues wherever they arise, and if you know transgender people in your life be there for them and support them.

Here are some pro-trans organizations around the world where you can make a donation and show your support
  • For those of you in the US, The Trevor Project is one of the leading LGBT organizations. They are dedicated to crisis intervention and suicide prevention for people who are in need of support, love, and care.
  • For those of you in the UK, Mermaids is dedicated to the support of transgender, non-binary, and gender-diverse children, young adults, and their families. They have been around since 1995, and have been one of the most vocal voices speaking out against transphobia in the UK, including showing the dangers that transphobia imposes upon our youth.
  • If you would like to donate to CDPR's native country of Poland, you can find the Trans-Fuzja Foundation website here. The Trans-Fuzja Foundation has been around since 2008, and is dedicated to the support of transgender people in Poland in many aspects of life and society, including politics.
We are your friends. We are your family members. We're your coworkers. We're the people you meet on the street. We're the essential workers who keep society running in a pandemic. We're everywhere. We're not some sort of freak or joke, and we're not going away.

I want to give major thanks to Uzzy for lending her talent, time, and effort in putting together graphics and material for this official thread. Without her, this would not have been possible on such short notice. I would also like to give a shout out and thanks to Kyuuji for allowing me to use images and links from her own thread for this posts.

F2BBm3ga

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is there an ETA for the next PC performance / bug patch? I'm getting an ultrawide monitor in the next few weeks and considering picking up the game at that point. So, curious if the game will be any better by then.

in their meeting they said another patch 7 days either from 1.04 or from that meeting. Cant remember, so soon tho.

Blade30

Oct 26, 2017
Is there an ETA for the next PC performance / bug patch? I'm getting an ultrawide monitor in the next few weeks and considering picking up the game at that point. So, curious if the game will be any better by then.

Next patch should come in a couple of days.

The first round of updates has just been released and the next one is coming within the next 7 days

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
Bonus points if they manage to scale down the last-gen consoles even more to improve the framerate and resolution but accidentially downgrade the next-gen BC-Versions in the process.

HamSandwich

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For what Night City is, it really brings nothing to the table. It's just a huge beautiful facade of nothing. Can I buy food? No. Can I use BD's in clubs? No. Can I play a random game in a building? No. The NPCs are also really lifeless too, at least most of them are. For a city that should be immersive, it really is anything but.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
She drunk dials you later. Bless her heart.

Huh - I wonder if it's a random event, or if it's something that happens if you put off her side quest - I've purposefully not advanced the main story too much, and haven't gotten anything of the sort, despite having romanced her.

Out of curiosity, are you playing female or male V?

Ending spoiler stuff
will be something added later? Or is it just foreshadowing the option you get to leave Night City behind in one of the endings? Arizona would provide a nice new map location, like the final Witcher 3 DLC. I would like a continuation post-main quest, I think Fallout 3's Broken Steel managed this well -- giving you new alternatives to finish the game, survive, and even continue the main quest/keep playing after it's over. It would be nice to have something like that for Cyberpunk.

An expansion focused on V's future, with new ending alternatives and the opportunity to continue playing after the main storyline is over. In the Star ending, Misty implies V will survive, as she reads V will have a happy life eventually -- this is also the only ending in which she reads something positive about V's future. Perhaps the canon ending? I took Panam and Judy with me (fem V), so I would gladly take it.

There's also the problem of narrative dissonance if any expansion is set during the events of the game. I mean, the main quest is even more urgent than Fallout 4's. You're quite literally dying the whole time. Any major expansion would feel unimportant compared to the MQ, because we know what happens in the end, anyway. All in all, great storyline. Will happily buy the DLC when it comes out.

I'm of two minds on expansions and how they would relate to the ending -
There definitely is still room for 'solving' V's problem with the biochip killing them in a future-focused expansion, but that hope seems to (largely) be only found in Panam's route with the nomads - the Arasaka ending does allow for you to return to earth from the moon laboratory, but only barely, and is much more bleak, IIRC.

Otherwise, the Johnny/suicide endings definitely do NOT leave room for any other scenario, unless CDPR develops the whole expansion for 'both' V and Johnny as potentially being the protagonist. They could pull a broken steel and retcon the endings, but I dunno if I can see that happening.

Meanwhile, the game clearly doesn't care TOO much about the narrative dissonance if you take your time doing side quests and gigs - unlike several side quests (primarily with Panam), none of the main quests will fail if you clear the map out first....but at the same time, I'm unsure of what other big 'plot points' would be introduced that could compare in scope to the main quest and still somehow be introduced during the timeframe of the game itself.

By the time you get the chip inserted, there's nothing really 'as' important as living, and most of the 'main' sidequests with Judy, Panam, etc...still have that overarching goal in mind - so unless the new expansion/quests are another 'potential' way to introduce a new faction for a new end-game route, I'm not sure what else they could do, barring making the first montage with Jackie playable.

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
This game should have been made by Rockstar.

There.

I said it.

Ehh. For as good as they are with the mini games and NPC interaction stuff, I get over it almost instantly in all of their games. I spend maybe and hour tops messing with that stuff then I just go mission to mission.

horkrux

Oct 27, 2017
I can't stop laughing watching this:

Send help.

19c0bd5ee8e9d2bf709bfdabbb6f6851.gif

Severance

Oct 27, 2017
By the way any word on the soundtrack coming to streaming services? There's a few songs I pulled up on Shazam not on Spotify/Apple. Couldn't find anything solid in a google search.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Im missing out on liriks playthrough because i havent played the game myself but man its probably fucking hilarious :D

rckvla

Oct 25, 2017
So I've completed every NCPD task, every investigation thingo, every wanted list and now I've got literally one. Juse one gig left. And it is broken. I first noticed there was a problem about 50 hours ago and I thought I was missing something and came back to it. Nope. It's just plain old fuckin' broken as shit. CDPR suggested I verify cache and go back to a previous save. Nope, not losing 50 hours for it.

I looked up the quest on YT and it is indeed doable for some, watched it and yes, I missed nothing. So beware anyone doing hte CyberPsycho: Bloody Ritual mission. It might bork up for you too.
That happened to me too, almost gave up. Took me about 10-15 minutes just going around the highlighted area. Then out of nowhere, I was able to interact with some pile of trash, then the psycho showed up.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
Cyberpunk 2077: Insanely Fast XP Farm (Level, Street Cred, Crafting, Weapons)

www.ign.com

Cyberpunk 2077: Insanely Fast XP Farm (Level, Street Cred, Crafting, Weapons) - IGN

This experience farm in Cyberpunk 2077 is incredibly valuable as it will give you experience with your weapons, crafting ability, street cred, and anything you choose to stat into. Here's our fast breakdown of how to do this yourself.

Another helpful link for fast tracking.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
How did everyone else's Sinnerman play out? I feel like there are a few different ways it could have gone.

For mine, I ended up nailing him, because, I mean, someone actually made that sequence, gotta see what it's all about, but got a pissed off call later from whats-her-name telling me that I ruined the braindance because I made him doubt himself

s_mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Birmingham, UK
I have some lingering questions and I'm not sure where to put them, so I guess this is as good a place as any:

1. Is it just me, or does the game randomly switch the quest you're tracking? Usually happens after phone calls where I agree to a quest, so maybe it thinks I want to do it right then?

Yeah, it's to do with phone calls or messages related to other missions you've started, especially plot missions. You receive one and it switches focus to that mission. It's bloody annoying and I hope they change it

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
How did everyone else's Sinnerman play out? I feel like there are a few different ways it could have gone.

For mine, I ended up nailing him, because, I mean, someone actually made that sequence, gotta see what it's all about, but got a pissed off call later from whats-her-name telling me that I ruined the braindance because I made him doubt himself

Apparently I failed the mission.

I said "fuck it, i'm out" and left Zuleikah and her mom sobbing in the kitchen, and Joshua left with his NCPD muscle.

I felt so dirty just being in the room.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised I actually prefer booting up Rage 2 than Cyberpunk, but I do think it's way funnier and enjoyable to play

Rage 2 was pretty good? I dunno, I had a good time with it. The system where you had three different allies that you had to rank up by doing random openworld encounters was the definition of half-baked, and it messed with the pacing.

bill crystals

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
CP77 is really fun. It's a solid 7/10 game, if you can manage a relatively bug-free playthrough like I have on PC. It doesn't need to be GTA. It doesn't need to have any additional systems. It's not important that you can't play arcade games in buildings etc. If it had more interactivity and life in the open world, the score would increase no doubt, but what's present in the game currently is more than enough to give the experience they designed, IMO. And it's a very solid experience.

Room for improvement in basically every aspect, but people really want to judge this game according to different games instead of just evaluating what's on the screen. The game is just plain mediocre in most ways, but we video game fans should be pretty familiar with mediocre products at this point. It's still a very fun and worthwhile game.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
To those that have beaten the main story. Is it truly the end when the game specifically put up a prompt telling me to do any side missions I want now because I'll get locked out if I don't?

To be more specific:

I'm about to meat Hanako at Embers. Is this the final set of main missions and I won't be going back to those side missions until the main game is all over?

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
To those that have beaten the main story. Is it truly the end when the game specifically put up a prompt telling me to do any side missions I want now because I'll get locked out if I don't?

To be more specific:

I'm about to meat Hanako at Embers. Is this the final set of main missions and I won't be going back to those side missions until the main game is all over?

yes, it's the final quest chain of the game.

Plywood

Does not approve of this tag
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, just went to V's apartment to drop off some clothes in the stash and as I'm running down the steps the Barry sidequest fails on me, google it and find out it's because I didn't choose the "right" dialogue. Weak. :/

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, just went to V's apartment to drop off some clothes in the stash and as I'm running down the steps the Barry sidequest fails on me, google it and find out it's because I didn't choose the "right" dialogue. Weak. :/
yeh, I failed that one as well, I wouldn't say its weak tho. Makes sense.

it was a pretty sad moment; but I love that the game didn't indicate that you were making a major decision when talking to him originally.

Plywood

Does not approve of this tag
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yeh, I failed that one as well, I wouldn't say its weak tho. Makes sense.
Well,
I had thought between the two dialogue options:

-Everyone has their limits.
-People die. You move on.

That the first was less harsh and abrupt. Who am I to tell someone to get over a loss like that? While true, could've been worded better. Plus the rest of the conversation seemed to go well, even speaking with his coworkers outside seemed to indicate things would turn around. Bummed about the outcome.

obeast

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
CP77 is really fun. It's a solid 7/10 game, if you can manage a relatively bug-free playthrough like I have on PC. It doesn't need to be GTA. It doesn't need to have any additional systems. It's not important that you can't play arcade games in buildings etc. If it had more interactivity and life in the open world, the score would increase no doubt, but what's present in the game currently is more than enough to give the experience they designed, IMO. And it's a very solid experience.

Room for improvement in basically every aspect, but people really want to judge this game according to different games instead of just evaluating what's on the screen. The game is just plain mediocre in most ways, but we video game fans should be pretty familiar with mediocre products at this point. It's still a very fun and worthwhile game.

My perception is that it's actually somewhat similar to the Witcher 3, in that it's not very good as a systems-based open world, where you wander around and play or clear map markers, a la GTA or Skyrim. But like TW3, it's quite strong when you explore the world via the questlines. I would guess that players' overall experience of the game largely varies by how much they want to play the former vs. the latter (assuming a PC playthrough with only mild bugs, which is what I also experienced). Personally, I prefer to be led around my open worlds by high-quality scripted narrative, and I really liked the game.

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
??? What did you do?
What happened? Did you not visit the mural and see that he was talking about a turtle because his cop friends wouldn't speak with him about heavy stuff?