• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Epileptic PSA: There are reports that animations and flashing lights in this game can cause seizures. Read this article for more information

Why is there controversy surrounding CD Projekt Red and Cyberpunk 2077?

CD Projekt Red has a history of transphobia. This is well documented at this point and not a matter of debate. Due to this context there is particular concern about transphobic or insensitive content in Cyberpunk 2077 itself, such as the decision to tie gender to voice in the character creator, and trans fetishization in illustrations in the game—and these are just examples from prerelease footage. Additionally, there have been concerns about racist imagery and stereotyping. This article goes into depth about some of these issues.

What incidents of transphobia have occurred surrounding the game and the company, and why are they hurtful?

This list will be updated over time as more examples come to light, especially as the game releases and more content is uncovered. If you wish to have something added to this list, please send me a DM and get my attention.

Why is ResetEra allowing an official thread for this game?

There has been a lot of discussion about whether there should even be an official thread for Cyberpunk 2077, and many points of view were considered for this decision. Ultimately, a thread like this can serve as a platform for minority concerns to be aired and discussed respectfully, and given appropriate attention. We've also heard from minority members, including some trans members, who have asked for a space where they can talk about the game without needing to worry about trolling and bigoted posting. We expect all posters in the thread to extend the consideration and empathy to give them that space. We will be moderating as strictly as necessary to make sure they do.

What can I do to help fight transphobia?

Transphobia exists in many aspects of our lives. From casual discrimination such as the continuous misuse of a person's preferred pronouns, to more serious ramifications such as housing being denied, legal rights being taken away, and being discriminated in the legal system. Every trans person either has experienced transphobia in their lives, or will experience transphobia at some point.

Moreover, transphobia is a systematic issue that is present in every level of our society. Politicians fight to take away our rights. Celebrities use coded language and religious justifications, if not outright hostility, in order to continue to deny our existence. Media continues to portray us as the butt of a joke, or acts like we're something to be fascinated by, rather than treated with respect.

Actions speak louder than words: Become active in your local politics, donate to transgender causes, stand up for these issues wherever they arise, and if you know transgender people in your life be there for them and support them.

Here are some pro-trans organizations around the world where you can make a donation and show your support
  • For those of you in the US, The Trevor Project is one of the leading LGBT organizations. They are dedicated to crisis intervention and suicide prevention for people who are in need of support, love, and care.
  • For those of you in the UK, Mermaids is dedicated to the support of transgender, non-binary, and gender-diverse children, young adults, and their families. They have been around since 1995, and have been one of the most vocal voices speaking out against transphobia in the UK, including showing the dangers that transphobia imposes upon our youth.
  • If you would like to donate to CDPR's native country of Poland, you can find the Trans-Fuzja Foundation website here. The Trans-Fuzja Foundation has been around since 2008, and is dedicated to the support of transgender people in Poland in many aspects of life and society, including politics.
We are your friends. We are your family members. We're your coworkers. We're the people you meet on the street. We're the essential workers who keep society running in a pandemic. We're everywhere. We're not some sort of freak or joke, and we're not going away.

I want to give major thanks to Uzzy for lending her talent, time, and effort in putting together graphics and material for this official thread. Without her, this would not have been possible on such short notice. I would also like to give a shout out and thanks to Kyuuji for allowing me to use images and links from her own thread for this posts.

Aug 4, 2020
Lmao!!! I did things totally different!!! I didn't even get into any kinda fights!
I totally did things different. I went the peaceful route with Woodsman and he told me what he did with Evelyn and in return I told him how to upgrade his cyber security or something. He even unlocked a elevator for me and I left without a problem. HOWEVER... I am fortunate because I had leveled the stats for the peaceful route like Intelligence and Cool
Thats pretty neat. Ive decided not to do stealth this time around. Probably focus on swords and hacking. I haven't done much side stuff yet either.

Seneset

Oct 27, 2017
Limbus Patrum
Spec for crit instead of pew-pew and that isn't an issue

lrl4Dpv.jpg

KN6ed4J.jpg
So you just maxed reflexes and intelligence while using the other stats as dump stats?

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Its pretty impressive that with the amount of gigs this games has, and how many I have done, I have not run into a copy pasted area yet. Every single one has led me to a unique encounter.

There are 3

Oh nice, I've been playing since day one and still in act 2 myself. Haven't done a main mission for about 10 hours though.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Where do I find decent weapon mods? Or are there just not that many?

I have street cred at level 50, and I (think) I'm almost done with the main story. Yet I keep finding the same 3-4 garbage weapon mods (making bullets non-lethal, crit chance increase by 3%, chance to apply additional damage over time effect).

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
Seeing a lot of people saying they are still in act 2, aren't there only 2?
These are the type of people that experienced Cyberpunk 2077, I think:
1: Those who beat it quickly aka focused mostly on story and don't get me wrong... the story is really engaging so far so I understand people rushing through it but I'm not
2: Those who bought it and returned it lol
3: Those who bought it and trying to return it lol
4: Those who are like me and still in the early part of Act 2 and there's tons of content so.... yeah

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
I wanted to ask him questions and he said he wasn't negotiating so I went into the room and beat him to death while he tried to shoot me. I guess because I alerted all the guards or wtv.
Lmao!!! I did things totally different!!! I didn't even get into any kinda fights!
I totally did things different. I went the peaceful route with Woodsman and he told me what he did with Evelyn and in return I told him how to upgrade his cyber security or something. He even unlocked a elevator for me and I left without a problem. HOWEVER... I am fortunate because I had leveled the stats for the peaceful route like Intelligence and Cool

And there's something really weird with this fight:

So it's possible to kill Woodman during the Automatic Love mission, right? Well, later during the optional Ex-Factor mission with Judy they make you kill him again no matter what happened in Automatic Love. Like if nothing happened before. And in this mission he doesn't even remember who you are. It seems to be a major oversight in mission design...

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Double jump or charge jump?

Supposedly you can exploit the charge jump by dodging in mid air and doing it again. I think it might also work with the hover upgrade, but I chose double anyway due to it being a lot more comfortable to navigate with, and I haven't found anything yet that seemed impossible to reach without the charge version.

Patchy

Oct 29, 2017
I want to give a shout out to the composers of the score - some of the more ambient tracks are just exceptional.

Mediking

And there's something really weird with this fight:

So it's possible to kill Woodman during the Automatic Love mission, right? Well, later during the optional Ex-Factor mission with Judy they make you kill him again no matter what happened in Automatic Love. Like if nothing happened before. And in this mission he doesn't even remember who you are. It seems to be a major oversight in mission design...
Interesting... hmm... maybe.... MAY-BEEEEE...
Maybe if you get into a fight with Woodsman... you don't actually kill him but just beat the crap outta him? I know it's possible to "down" an enemy to where they are defeated and on the ground but still breathing so maybe that's what happens when you fight Woodsman. I don't know... I'm curious how he's gonna react to me during this Judy mission you speak of because I kept things cool

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Now I'm curious as to which ending route you went, lol.

Suicide

It was late, figured I'd get one ending out and maybe go to bed, play some more tomorrow. And I wanted to see if they'd go there. Which they sure as hell did. And then the epilogue videos hit so I had to play it again. And it's now 05:30 and I've just finished it again.

Nooooo!!

Here, have a pic of Judy smiling instead:

6DlMnWF.jpg

RaVZDpK.jpg

How can one girl be so perfect.

Anyway, ending spoilers!

Went for the Nomad option. Panam's response to your 3am call is absolutely perfect and solidifies her as top tier character. Got a good ending with V, Panam, Judy, Mitch and the other surviving Aldecaldos fleeing out of Night City. Felt good about that one. Also more Judy.

KQ2qGTP.jpg

Also the credits song is fantastic.

How could you do that to her?

Hey I fixed it! Had to stay up all night to do it, totally worth it.

When do I meet Kerry?

I want to romance him haha.

I just saved Evelyn from that place.

Very late in the game. The quest is good but it's disappointing, feels a bit like a late edition to the game. That said I've only played as Fem-V so might be different for a Male-V.

Deleted member 8118

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Bro, I didn't respond to Panam's text and she pretty much said fuck you and I can't take her story any further..

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
I just finished at about 50 hours, though if I had to guess I probably didn't do about one third to half of the side stuff judging by my quest log (will do it in a future playthrough). To be honest, I was so enthralled with the main story I just wanted to keep going at it. Yes, you can keep doing side stuff after the main story, but after that ending... no. Just gonna leave my V there. Feels weird to keep doing stuff after that.

I thoroughly enjoyed this game (on PC), even if it did feel like I was playing an early access version of what had the potential to be a GOTG contender. The main story and the side stuff I did do (only side jobs, didn't really get into the gigs yet) were all amazing. We all know the downsides of the mechanics of the open world itself, so I'm not gonna repeat that stuff. But the missions, characters, and atmosphere of the game are first rate.

YPQXLfh.jpg

I thought the entire ending sequence starting with the "point of no return" warning through the epilogue and special credits messages was well crafted and touching at times. I did the ending where I decided to take my body back despite the short lifespan, and went with the Aldecaldos. Lifepath was also a Nomad, which I know is not a requirement for this ending but it fit in really well with the extra dialogue options. There's a lot of touching moments here if you romanced Panam as well.

At the very end when the camera goes third person for the first time, it was impactful after 50 hours of first person. Awesome payoff IMO. I would kill for an expansion DLC where you continued on from this ending and went on an adventure with Panam and the Aldecaldos looking for a way to save your life, though if they did it then it would probably require coming back to Night City, and that doesn't make much sense with this ending. Just have to accept you can't get a totally happy ending. I kinda laughed when V had a dialogue option that basically asked if there was a way for everyone to have a happy ending. Me too, V.

vhMreNv.jpeg

Curiosity got the best of me, so I had to reload another save and check out the option of giving Johnny my body. Wow, what a cool epilogue for this one. Visting the cemetary and reading all of the "graves" was touching. The music shop was also awesome. Seeing Johnny completely change due to your sacrifice was also nice.

And wow, the credits message from Panam in this situation...

I want to do another playthrough soon, but I may wait for the January or February patch if there will be significant fixes to the game.

All in all, I love the game. I just wish they didn't leave so much potential on the table by rushing it out.

Mediking

Bro, I didn't respond to Panam's text and she pretty much said fuck you and I can't take her story any further..
Lmao wow!!! What??? And who is the Panam woman that everyone keeps talking about? I haven't met her yet.
And it sounds like more proof that dialogue choices do matter... but I thought people said 2077 was an embarrassment when it comes to dialogue choices and that Fallout on its worst day was still more immersive than 2077? Lmao I couldn't resist that

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
Wow. The doll questline where you
interact with a doll
was really deep. I was not expecting stuff like that in cyberpunk 2077. I was not expecting existential conversation about the meaning of mattering in the world.

This game is great. I am having a fucking blast. The story is so damn interesting, the world is amazing, and the only thing holding it back are the bugs and npc ai.

once the bugs/ai are fixed, oh man this is a special game. I havent been drawn into a world like this...well since the Witcher 3 to be honest.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Anyone here finished the main story? Without including any spoilers, do any of the side missions effect endings? Like, can I progress those and not ruin the outcome to the story? I'm really enjoying all the side content but it's been so long since I've gotten any serious story progress I just wanna do loads back to back. I'm nearly 60 hours in and barely into act 2.

Yes.

Only two endings are open to all, the Arasaka ending and Suicide ending (which I'm not sure counts as a proper ending given you don't get the achievements for it, but it certainly fits with cyberpunk's noirish origins imo). To get Panam's help for the finale you need to complete all her side missions, for Rogue's help you need to complete hers, and there's apparently a secret ending where you go it alone that you can only get by finishing all of Johnny's side missions and having him friendly towards you.

Deleted member 8118

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lmao wow!!! What??? And who is the Panam woman that everyone keeps talking about? I haven't met her yet.
And it sounds like more proof that dialogue choices do matter... but I thought people said 2077 was an embarrassment when it comes to dialogue choices and that Fallout on its worst day was still more immersive than 2077? Lmao I couldn't resist that
Panam is a side-gig character that has a really interesting story. You'll eventually see. But yeah, I was just chilling doing my own thing in the game grinding other jobs for eddies and upgrades and I got a text with her telling me to hurry up, then another with her calling me a piece of shit..

I can't advance her story, so I guess for some characters, dialog choices and time to respond matters. It kind of shocked me because I didn't expect the game to even take that route with characters. It really reminded me of the situation characters in GTA IV would get into - like spending time with certain characters; if you don't do it, they eventually become unavailable.

Mediking

interact with a doll
was really deep. I was not expecting stuff like that in cyberpunk 2077. I was not expecting existential conversation about the meaning of mattering in the world.

This game is great. I am having a fucking blast. The story is so damn interesting, the world is amazing, and the only thing holding it back are the bugs and npc ai.

once the bugs/ai are fixed, oh man this is a special game. I havent been drawn into a world like this...well since the Witcher 3 to be honest.
You're talking about the
Clouds mission? Yeah it's amazing. That conversation V has with the doll is really good if you say certain things

cvbas

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil

The more I talk to other people and read impressions, the more I'm more impressed by the impact of your choices. There are a lot of things that can change depending on what you do, but the game does this in such a casual and organic manner that sometimes you have no idea things could've turned out differently. It's almost...too natural for its own good.

The game is also very effective in making me feel like shit when I fuck up without really knowing what I did wrong. I like it a lot.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
It's nice that vendors don't aggro when you jostle them and jam yourself behind their counters. It wasn't easy squeezing into this girl's booth and manipulating the camera in a tight space, but I think it was time well spent.

cyberpunk2077_20201210wkci.png

cyberpunk2077_2020121srjh6.png

7thFloor

Oct 27, 2017
U.S.
finally finished (with "the sun" ending), 7/10 i'd say, not the type of game i usually play actually, i thought it would be an rpg but it's a pretty typical narrative driven open-world action game

airbagged_

Jan 21, 2019
Charleston, SC

Someone did it!

According to the comments, the wonky animations can be fixed on the fly by swapping V's for someone elses.

Either way, a third person mod is possible, and I'm all for someone continuing this, especially if someone can figure out how to add OTS zoom while keeping FPV, MGS style.

I have a wild clip of the game glitching and making me go third person.. I'll post it soon

Mediking

Panam is a side-gig character that has a really interesting story. You'll eventually see. But yeah, I was just chilling doing my own thing in the game grinding other jobs for eddies and upgrades and I got a text with her telling me to hurry up, then another with her calling me a piece of shit..

I can't advance her story, so I guess for some characters, dialog choices and time to respond matters. It kind of shocked me because I didn't expect the game to even take that route with characters. It really reminded me of the situation characters in GTA IV would get into - like spending time with certain characters; if you don't do it, they eventually become unavailable.
Limited windows to interact with characters??? We PERSONA now lol
The more I talk to other people and read impressions, the more I'm more impressed by the impact of your choices. There are a lot of things that can change depending on what you do, but the game does this in such a casual and organic manner that sometimes you have no idea things could've turned out differently. It's almost...too natural for its own good.

The game is also very effective in making me feel like shit when I fuck up without really knowing what I did wrong. I like it a lot.
Yup. Totally agreed. The first person immersion is so good and picking choices has weight. Even doing things your own way in a mission can hold weight. The dialogue choices scenes are intense because characters are looking right at you and you're like... "what should I do...?" I think CDPR nailed that feeling.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely feels like 3rd person was a thing at some point. The animations looks pretty good, plus stuff like your character having an animation while remote hacking and the other driving cameras
I think the third person was definitely confirmed as a thing way back when but it's been first person only for a while.

That being said the animations are not suitable for third person at all. Look at your character shadow when doing things. The animation work is all designed to look good from a first person perspective but it would look absurd in third person.

patch still scheduled for this week?

Gamestop internal memo indicated that CDPR told them next patch is scheduled for 12/21.

Oh nice, I've been playing since day one and still in act 2 myself. Haven't done a main mission for about 10 hours though.

Someone else in this thread said Act 3 is the point of no return.

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
interact with a doll

Yeah that was pretty intimate. And then equally jarring when you use the safe word and she goes back to normal and is like 1000% different than her doll version. It was actually disturbing in a way, as in really driving home how the dolls are just normal people obeying clever programming.

Also I took a billion screenshots in this game so may as well throw one in from this..

tMrfyD2.jpg

cvbas

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Yup. Totally agreed. The first person immersion is so good and picking choices has weight. Even doing things your own way in a mission can hold weight. The dialogue choices scenes are intense because characters are looking right at you and you're like... "what should I do...?" I think CDPR nailed that feeling.
I love how the post-gig calls from your fixer can change depending on how you approached it. I'm often scolded because I made too much of a mess in what was supposed to be a stealth job.

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
Interesting... hmm... maybe.... MAY-BEEEEE...
Maybe if you get into a fight with Woodsman... you don't actually kill him but just beat the crap outta him? I know it's possible to "down" an enemy to where they are defeated and on the ground but still breathing so maybe that's what happens when you fight Woodsman. I don't know... I'm curious how he's gonna react to me during this Judy mission you speak of because I kept things cool

lol! Yeah... well, it was a beating using a very lethal shotgun. And afterwards he played dead very well :p

Nov 8, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
Am i crazy or does the game run significantly worse in outside of the dense city centre, whenever i go to the badlands or suburbs the framerate goes to shit but it is buttery smooth in the insanely detailed city centre, that does not make a lick of sense.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
I am really glad they went the first person route with this game.

it feels more intimate. Like I am V. Every action is from her eyes. (her because i cant stand the male voice actor at all. the female voice actor sounds natural)

every movement, every single interaction is PERFECTLY reproduced from a first person perspective. Its fucking impressive and ive never seen a game do it this well.

one time i stood up from sitting on a bed and her eyes tracked exactly how mine would standing up. Most games would just have you clip to standing or just moving the camera up. Not cyberpunk. No cyberpunk does it movement to movement flawlessly.

Mediking

I love how the post-gig calls from your fixer can change depending on how you approached it. I'm often scolded because I made too much of a mess in what was supposed to be a stealth job.
Mhm. Characters actually responding to how you do stuff in a mission. Ain't that cool? And sometimes it's hard to do stealth. I'll stealth kill a few enemies and then somebody randomly spots me and chaos breaks out. What do I do? Pull out my shotgun and Mantis Blades and tear everybody down. They'll be pouring bullets in me and I'll still chase them down with a shotgun 🤣

Mediking

FreezerGeezer

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I am sure other games have done it similar or maybe even better but perhaps I have not been as compelled to explore and read everything as I am here; the backstory you find in the messages and emails and the like even at the smallest little side alley fights add so much to the world building and I find myself reading the majority of them.

Nov 8, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
I just talked a suicidal car of a ledge, this game is wonderfully weird at times.

I am really glad they went the first person route with this game.

it feels more intimate. Like I am V. Every action is from her eyes. (her because i cant stand the male voice actor at all. the female voice actor sounds natural)

every movement, every single interaction is PERFECTLY reproduced from a first person perspective. Its fucking impressive and ive never seen a game do it this well.

one time i stood up from sitting on a bed and her eyes tracked exactly how mine would standing up. Most games would just have you clip to standing or just moving the camera up. Not cyberpunk. No cyberpunk does it movement to movement flawlessly.

Yeah they have managed to make a first person perspective cinematic, it's pretty amazing.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
Just completed "Many ways to skin a cat" gig? fully stealth. That was pretty fun.

Loud vs quiet satisfy two different endorphin rides. Can enjoy the rush or the tension.

You're supposed to steal a van, right? My game is glitched on that and I can't beat it. Got rid of everyone in the warehouse and surrounding area and still nothing