• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Epileptic PSA: There are reports that animations and flashing lights in this game can cause seizures. Read this article for more information

Why is there controversy surrounding CD Projekt Red and Cyberpunk 2077?

CD Projekt Red has a history of transphobia. This is well documented at this point and not a matter of debate. Due to this context there is particular concern about transphobic or insensitive content in Cyberpunk 2077 itself, such as the decision to tie gender to voice in the character creator, and trans fetishization in illustrations in the game—and these are just examples from prerelease footage. Additionally, there have been concerns about racist imagery and stereotyping. This article goes into depth about some of these issues.

What incidents of transphobia have occurred surrounding the game and the company, and why are they hurtful?

This list will be updated over time as more examples come to light, especially as the game releases and more content is uncovered. If you wish to have something added to this list, please send me a DM and get my attention.

Why is ResetEra allowing an official thread for this game?

There has been a lot of discussion about whether there should even be an official thread for Cyberpunk 2077, and many points of view were considered for this decision. Ultimately, a thread like this can serve as a platform for minority concerns to be aired and discussed respectfully, and given appropriate attention. We've also heard from minority members, including some trans members, who have asked for a space where they can talk about the game without needing to worry about trolling and bigoted posting. We expect all posters in the thread to extend the consideration and empathy to give them that space. We will be moderating as strictly as necessary to make sure they do.

What can I do to help fight transphobia?

Transphobia exists in many aspects of our lives. From casual discrimination such as the continuous misuse of a person's preferred pronouns, to more serious ramifications such as housing being denied, legal rights being taken away, and being discriminated in the legal system. Every trans person either has experienced transphobia in their lives, or will experience transphobia at some point.

Moreover, transphobia is a systematic issue that is present in every level of our society. Politicians fight to take away our rights. Celebrities use coded language and religious justifications, if not outright hostility, in order to continue to deny our existence. Media continues to portray us as the butt of a joke, or acts like we're something to be fascinated by, rather than treated with respect.

Actions speak louder than words: Become active in your local politics, donate to transgender causes, stand up for these issues wherever they arise, and if you know transgender people in your life be there for them and support them.

Here are some pro-trans organizations around the world where you can make a donation and show your support
  • For those of you in the US, The Trevor Project is one of the leading LGBT organizations. They are dedicated to crisis intervention and suicide prevention for people who are in need of support, love, and care.
  • For those of you in the UK, Mermaids is dedicated to the support of transgender, non-binary, and gender-diverse children, young adults, and their families. They have been around since 1995, and have been one of the most vocal voices speaking out against transphobia in the UK, including showing the dangers that transphobia imposes upon our youth.
  • If you would like to donate to CDPR's native country of Poland, you can find the Trans-Fuzja Foundation website here. The Trans-Fuzja Foundation has been around since 2008, and is dedicated to the support of transgender people in Poland in many aspects of life and society, including politics.
We are your friends. We are your family members. We're your coworkers. We're the people you meet on the street. We're the essential workers who keep society running in a pandemic. We're everywhere. We're not some sort of freak or joke, and we're not going away.

I want to give major thanks to Uzzy for lending her talent, time, and effort in putting together graphics and material for this official thread. Without her, this would not have been possible on such short notice. I would also like to give a shout out and thanks to Kyuuji for allowing me to use images and links from her own thread for this posts.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
So... do you have any skills at 20? I was ~50 hours at level 35 and didn't, the other poster is 75 hours in at level 49 and doesn't. Their main skills aren't even 18.

I do not yet, but I've been alternating among all 3 reflex tree skills (moreso assault and handguns), and have been splitting attribute points between tech, reflex, and cool, so I would not be in a position to do so yet.

Nope, you literally can't without clearing the entire map and hitting the end of the game.

I focused strictly on INT/COOL, where INT was always higher, and I always used quickhacks in combat as well as breach (two separate things that don't overlap, so it doesn't conflict leveling one over the other). My skill progression was always much lower than my actual attribute stat level, and I was always using something that leveling the skills up. Almost exclusively so.

I admittedly haven't tried to max any one attribute right away, so I don't know if experience requirements start to get more exponential, but while I'm running a little close on the 'limit' for side quests and gigs at level 43, my handgun and stealth skills (since I do headshot stealth revolvers ~75% of the time) have almost consistently been at the relevant attribute cap as I leveled (thus potentially wasting a lot of perk xp), including where I'm at currently.

Crafting or athletics gives a pittance in comparison.

Honestly, the weapon skills seem to give 'more' experience relative to any other perk skill, from what I've encountered.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
I do not yet, but I've been alternating among all 3 reflex tree skills (moreso assault and handguns), and have been splitting attribute points between tech, reflex, and cool, so I would not be in a position to do so yet.

I admittedly haven't tried to max any one attribute right away, so I don't know if experience requirements start to get more exponential, but while I'm running a little close on the 'limit' for side quests and gigs at level 43, my handgun and stealth skills (since I do headshot stealth revolvers ~75% of the time) have almost consistently been at the relevant attribute cap as I leveled (thus potentially wasting a lot of perk xp), including where I'm at currently.

Crafting or athletics gives a pittance in comparison.

Honestly, the weapon skills seem to give 'more' experience relative to any other perk skill, from what I've encountered.

That's really odd. I am level 31, have had 20 in INT since around level 21 I think, and only have rank 15 in skills. I wonder if the game gives you skill XP based off of the amount of times you use it overall in any given combat scenario, and isn't just rewarding you for using it at least once on an enemy you have killed. If it's the former, then now I can understand why my skills might be lower: I kill almost every target with one hack, two at most. Even though I use hacks almost exclusively, they are so strong that enemies simply fall over and very often I can kill 3-5 enemies with just one hack. I've been playing on Very Hard since level 16 too.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
The settings he lists would work for PC. Your display is the variable.
In the link it states that he also doesn't fully understand the difference of HDR types - which is pretty confusing since CDPR didn't take the effort to explain why PC received two options.
Isn't PC HDR broken with Nvidia cards right now? These are the official listed known issues:

Game Ready Driver Important Open Issues (For full list of open issues please check out release notes)

• [Nicehash, other mining software]: Mining software does not recognize the NVIDIA GPU. [3200758]
  • [GeForce GTX 1080 Ti]: The desktop screen may flicker. [3200599]
  • [Steam VR game]: Stuttering and lagging occur upon launching a game. [3152190]
  • [HDR]: With HDR enabled, black levels are incorrect. [200682795]
  • [G-SYNC][NVIDIA Ampere GPU architecture]: GPU power consumption may increase in idle mode on systems using certain higher refresh-rate G-SYNC monitors. [200667566]
  • [YouTube]: Video playback stutters while scrolling down the YouTube page. [3129705]
  • [Notebook]: Some Pascal-based notebooks w/ high refresh rate displays may randomly drop to 60Hz during gameplay. [3009452]
  • [G-Sync][Vulkan Apps]: Performance drop occurs when using G-SYNC and switching from full-screen mode to windowed mode using the in-game settings. [200681477]
    • To workaround, either launch the game in windowed mode directly or disable G-SYNC.
  • [GeForce RTX 3070][Clone Mode]: When the resolution is set to 2560x1440 @ 144Hz, the performance state is stuck at maximum performance. [200678414]
  • [NVIDIA Turing or later][Windows Movies and TV Player]: When playing a 4k video in fullscreen mode on a 2560x1440 HDR monitor, the video extends beyond the edge of the screen. [3186830]
Smh. Hopefully Nvidia has a fix for HDR in their next event (ah it seems like this is specifically for CP77 - hopefully this is a quicker fix)

obeast

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Okay, good to know. I'll just use any turreted bits to blow off steam and not think about it too much.

There a mod to one of your implants ("target analysis," I think?) you can buy that converts all weapon damage to nonlethal. The in-game justification, I think, is that it makes you shoot enemies in nonlethal places, although I dunno if that's actually visible in-game. It probably doesn't function in turret-style sequences (not that that would mean anything in terms of game mehcanics for most of them), but you could kinda wave your hands and imagine it is.

Edit - also, I don't know if they actually programmed it to override things like dismemberment / decapitation (I doubt it), so you probably would have to restrict what weapons you use if you wanted it to make any sense.

XVerdena

Oct 28, 2017
Blade fucking runner

7df91c88-7cea-4106-9259-6c736fd6312c.png

b32ccc06-19f2-4a2e-b4ce-67309574a79f.png

deb20298-9787-45a2-a024-144202d334d6.png

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Any word on any patches being released any time soon?

The investor call said 'within a week' of the last patch...so theoretically soon? I think someone posted a leaked gamestop memo saying monday (though how they would know, I'm not sure).

That's really odd. I am level 31, have had 20 in INT since around level 21 I think, and only have rank 15 in skills. I wonder if the game gives you skill XP based off of the amount of times you use it overall in any given combat scenario, and isn't just rewarding you for using it at least once on an enemy you have killed. If it's the former, then now I can understand why my skills might be lower: I kill almost every target with one hack, two at most. Even though I use hacks almost exclusively, they are so strong that enemies simply fall over and very often I can kill 3-5 enemies with just one hack. I've been playing on Very Hard since level 16 too.

Yeah, I'm not sure how 'experience' for perks is assigned - stealth revolver 1-shot headshots give 'more' XP to the weapon tree compared to stealth, so I'm not sure how it's divided up, or if you get 'more' per hit/use.

Killing a 'boss' enemy definitely gives more XP in general, tho - I killed some mooks with a sniper, and it took 3 to level up - meanwhile, killing the boss instantly gave the level.

Slythe

Oct 26, 2017
I'm at 15 hours, act 2 and I'm drowning in gigs, quests, and things to do. I see people online talking about they've beaten the story and cleared the entire map of 100% of icons in 40 hours of playtime - how???

Albeit I am driving to and from almost everywhere on my bike so I'm not being "efficient", but rushing point to point with fast travel would feel like a complete waste of the atmosphere. Hell I'm even walking to some jobs if they're close, the city is so dense it's fun sight seeing.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
I was trying to powerlevel my Engineering late in the game since I realized that Tech weapons weren't really doing it and the main way to do it is through grenades, so I was using grenades exclusively for entire encounters. Large-ish ones, 8-12 enemies, gave ~1000-1300 XP. According to the images from Tokyo_Funk , 16 -> 17 is 31,000 XP, and 17 -> 18 is 37,000 XP. So, yeah.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else run into any other quests like "I Can See Clearly Now", which require you to have a specific attribute level to progress? Shit sucks. I don't want to put a point into body.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I think someone posted a leaked gamestop memo saying monday (though how they would know, I'm not sure).
I checked the link that GameStop memo re-directed people to, which led people here, and the December 21st date seems to be what's mentioned in the post as the last day to contact CDPR to help with a potential refund. I doubt they would know the actual patch release date and just tried to make a connection.

Should this not be possible, please contact us at [email protected] and we will do our best to help you. Starting from today, you can contact us for a week up until December 21st, 2020.

Jhey Cyphre

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah...
Johnny
should have been in the game from the star. He is adding some much needed context to a lot of these areas.

prophetvx

Nov 28, 2017
I understand it doesn't check the boxes for what HDR is supposed to be. I'm saying it's not actually broken. I love Vincent, but just because something doesn't hit a certain peak or have a certain floor doesn't mean it's broken. They intentionally did that. It's the look they wanted. He and many others (including me) said RDR2's HDR was broken as well. It wasn't. It was basically SDR masquerading as HDR, because it was intended that way. They didn't "fix" it, they added a second mode to choose.
The range is compressed. That is the very definition of not being high dynamic range. The settings in the game just change the black levels and peak brightness, it doesn't increase the color gamut.

Whether it was artistic design or not is irrelevant. As Vincent said in the video it appears to be sdr content in a HDR container.

The end result is lack of true blacks which is fine but on the other end a lot of content is completely washed out to the point that a lot of detail is lost. There are points in the game where you can't look through doorways or people's faces without seeing a wall of white, yet nothing else in a room is lit. It happens in sdr as well. It's a poor implementation no matter which way you look at it.

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
Yeah...
Johnny
should have been in the game from the star. He is adding some much needed context to a lot of these areas.
Nah... it's great he comes when he does because of the timing of what happens earlier and what he represents. It's more impactful that way than if he was there from day one, in my opinion

Jhey Cyphre

Oct 25, 2017
Nah... it's great he comes when he does because of the timing of what happens earlier and what he represents. It's more impactful that way than if he was there from day one, in my opinion

I'm honestly trying to ignore what he represents lol. A
fucken ticking time bomb plot element
that has zero relevance to the gameplay. When will these devs learn these kind of plot elements do nothing but undermine their own games. I would totally be down for some kind of Fallout 1 style timer do. But none of these devs have the balls.

Just think about how much better a slightly tweaked narrative could achieve...
Maybe Viktor tells you that there is no way to know when the take over will happen... maybe one week, maybe a year. How about Johnny does have control over taking over but he decides to strike a deal with V. Help him take care of some unfinished business and he will let him live. Except it's been 50 years and Johnny only has vague leads so you actually have to explore the city
. Why do devs keep going with these super urgent main quest?

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017

Someone did it!

According to the comments, the wonky animations can be fixed on the fly by swapping V's for someone elses.

Either way, a third person mod is possible, and I'm all for someone continuing this, especially if someone can figure out how to add OTS zoom while keeping FPV, MGS style.

GavinUK86

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone here finished the main story? Without including any spoilers, do any of the side missions effect endings? Like, can I progress those and not ruin the outcome to the story? I'm really enjoying all the side content but it's been so long since I've gotten any serious story progress I just wanna do loads back to back. I'm nearly 60 hours in and barely into act 2.

Tribal24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Someone did it!

According to the comments, the wonky animations can be fixed on the fly by swapping V's for someone elses.

Either way, a third person mod is possible, and I'm all for someone continuing this, especially if someone can figure out how to add OTS zoom while keeping FPV, MGS style.

Oh look a portion of what were originally supposed to get

Mediking

I'm honestly trying to ignore what he represents lol. A
fucken ticking time bomb plot element
that has zero relevance to the gameplay. When will these devs learn these kind of plot elements do nothing but undermine their own games. I would totally be down for some kind of Fallout 1 style timer do. But none of these devs have the balls.

Just think about how much better a slightly tweaked narrative could achieve...
Maybe Viktor tells you that there is no way to know when the take over will happen... maybe one week, maybe a year. How about Johnny does have control over taking over but he decides to strike a deal with V. Help him take care of some unfinished business and he will let him live. Except it's been 50 years and Johnny only has vague leads so you actually have to explore the city
. Why do devs keep going with these super urgent main quest?
LOL wait.. wait... lemme explain... you're looking at him all wrong... and this is coming from someone just a little further than you in Act 2...
Johnny represents a lot. On one hand, he represents that V's dream of being the top dog in Night City is dumb and gets people killed. Johnny is a constant reminder that Jackie died because of them chasing some crazy dream. Johnny is also a guy who wanted to change the world but is jaded because he thinks many people are corrupt. And keep playing the main story because things do get better with Johnny.

prophetvx

Nov 28, 2017
Anyone here finished the main story? Without including any spoilers, do any of the side missions effect endings? Like, can I progress those and not ruin the outcome to the story? I'm really enjoying all the side content but it's been so long since I've gotten any serious story progress I just wanna do loads back to back. I'm nearly 60 hours in and barely into act 2.
The only side quest line that impacts your options is completing all of the Panam missions I believe. All the others are available regardless.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017

Someone did it!

Huh - I'm kinda conflicted - it'd definitely be intersting to see, but I'd want to know how the scale of the 'world' works with the game, as well as how the combat mechanic would work.

Even if you switch back to first person for ADS, that'd be quite a change-up.

Third person also would really play hell with the focus/detail on facial animations by the big NPCs, lol.

Definitely cool tho.

Aug 4, 2020
Man they really throw everything at you at the start of Act 2. Phone call after phone call.

Also the AI is really dumb. During the Cloud mission...

I just ran past them to Toms room then ran past them and finished the boss fight.

I finally bought a katana as well. I think I'll go for a build with those since I'm finding the gunplay boring.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017

Someone did it!

Definitely feels like 3rd person was a thing at some point. The animations looks pretty good, plus stuff like your character having an animation while remote hacking and the other driving cameras

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got the Sjnnerman quest and the convo with Wako glitched out so I'm not sure of the backstory 😩 can anyone fill me in for that?

And kinda wondering what this quest is about

Nekrono

May 17, 2018
Anyone playing on PC with controller having a hard time aiming? I don't think aim assist or snap to target are working on PC, makes combat extremely hard.

Mediking

Man they really throw everything at you at the start of Act 2. Phone call after phone call.

Also the AI is really dumb. During the Cloud mission...

I just ran past them to Toms room then ran past them and finished the boss fight.

I finally bought a katana as well. I think I'll go for a build with those since I'm finding the gunplay boring.
I freaking loved the Cloud mission. But I think we experienced different things... because I don't remember a boss fight unless I'm going crazy... lol

Deleted member 12833

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can not figure out performance for this game. Sometimes I run near max settings and I get solid frames. other times I'm turn down several setting and i get worse performance.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Huh - I'm kinda conflicted - it'd definitely be intersting to see, but I'd want to know how the scale of the 'world' works with the game, as well as how the combat mechanic would work.

Even if you switch back to first person for ADS, that'd be quite a change-up.

Third person also would really play hell with the focus/detail on facial animations by the big NPCs, lol.

Definitely cool tho.
Scale I'm not too concerned with since most of the combat is in open spaces, and I think tightening the camera RE4 style could alleviate some issues as well. Combat would be tricky, though. Just watch the shadows as you move to see that.

Definitely feels like 3rd person was a thing at some point. The animations looks pretty good, plus stuff like your character having an animation while remote hacking and the other driving cameras
That's my line of thought as well. I think they were trying to go the Bethesda route and ended up scrapping those plans.

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Makes me think of this video:

Oh. 100% viable.
There a mod to one of your implants ("target analysis," I think?) you can buy that converts all weapon damage to nonlethal. The in-game justification, I think, is that it makes you shoot enemies in nonlethal places, although I dunno if that's actually visible in-game. It probably doesn't function in turret-style sequences (not that that would mean anything in terms of game mehcanics for most of them), but you could kinda wave your hands and imagine it is.

Edit - also, I don't know if they actually programmed it to override things like dismemberment / decapitation (I doubt it), so you probably would have to restrict what weapons you use if you wanted it to make any sense.
I see... That's a lot of jumping through hoops and suspension of belief just to play a certain way (which is perfectly possible and fun in previous similar games such as Deus Ex).

Think I'll just stick to my baton and maybe look for some sort of tranq gun.

Oct 27, 2017
Okay, so as good as the game looks, the IQ seems really blurry even without DLSS and the grain on surfaces (not the film grain, I disabled that) is making it worse. Idk but there are games that dont have all the fany tech but are alot more easy on the eye.

Anything you can do to make it sharper/less blurry?
www.nexusmods.com

Ultra Enhanced Reshade (Performance Friendly)

Ultra Enhanced Reshade. Get the most details out of a preset with very little performance loss. No over-sharpening. No color alteration. No pitch black contrast.Preserves

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Seems I'm near the end since the game just told me I better finish any side content now or I'll be locked out of them until I finish this main mission.

Mediking

I wanted to ask him questions and he said he wasn't negotiating so I went into the room and beat him to death while he tried to shoot me. I guess because I alerted all the guards or wtv.
Lmao!!! I did things totally different!!! I didn't even get into any kinda fights!
I totally did things different. I went the peaceful route with Woodsman and he told me what he did with Evelyn and in return I told him how to upgrade his cyber security or something. He even unlocked a elevator for me and I left without a problem. HOWEVER... I am fortunate because I had leveled the stats for the peaceful route like Intelligence and Cool

AkuMifune

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Randomly dropping in my impressions for 50+ hours (still only Act 2, mid-range PC with a new GPU) that will be completely lost in this thread, but here we go.

There are some definite drawbacks:
  • Not being able to change your characters appearance
  • Not being able to buy property
  • Lack of romance options (for every sexual preference)
  • Not being able to work on text messages while riding in cars
  • Lack of my dong hanging out. (Either put it in or not.)
  • Being force-fed so many district quests upfront (especially the completely stupid car quests. really.)
  • Melee weapons are OP
This is everything I hoped for and more. I've been wandering around this city since the game released and it's my favorite open world since GTAIV. And GTAIV is still stupidly underrated as a modern open-world game. If you look for quests on the map instead of choosing them from your journal there is much more variety and it can happen pretty organically. In fact, I think there are a lot more quests that can be found this way than reviewers would lead you to believe.