• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Epileptic PSA: There are reports that animations and flashing lights in this game can cause seizures. Read this article for more information

Why is there controversy surrounding CD Projekt Red and Cyberpunk 2077?

CD Projekt Red has a history of transphobia. This is well documented at this point and not a matter of debate. Due to this context there is particular concern about transphobic or insensitive content in Cyberpunk 2077 itself, such as the decision to tie gender to voice in the character creator, and trans fetishization in illustrations in the game—and these are just examples from prerelease footage. Additionally, there have been concerns about racist imagery and stereotyping. This article goes into depth about some of these issues.

What incidents of transphobia have occurred surrounding the game and the company, and why are they hurtful?

This list will be updated over time as more examples come to light, especially as the game releases and more content is uncovered. If you wish to have something added to this list, please send me a DM and get my attention.

Why is ResetEra allowing an official thread for this game?

There has been a lot of discussion about whether there should even be an official thread for Cyberpunk 2077, and many points of view were considered for this decision. Ultimately, a thread like this can serve as a platform for minority concerns to be aired and discussed respectfully, and given appropriate attention. We've also heard from minority members, including some trans members, who have asked for a space where they can talk about the game without needing to worry about trolling and bigoted posting. We expect all posters in the thread to extend the consideration and empathy to give them that space. We will be moderating as strictly as necessary to make sure they do.

What can I do to help fight transphobia?

Transphobia exists in many aspects of our lives. From casual discrimination such as the continuous misuse of a person's preferred pronouns, to more serious ramifications such as housing being denied, legal rights being taken away, and being discriminated in the legal system. Every trans person either has experienced transphobia in their lives, or will experience transphobia at some point.

Moreover, transphobia is a systematic issue that is present in every level of our society. Politicians fight to take away our rights. Celebrities use coded language and religious justifications, if not outright hostility, in order to continue to deny our existence. Media continues to portray us as the butt of a joke, or acts like we're something to be fascinated by, rather than treated with respect.

Actions speak louder than words: Become active in your local politics, donate to transgender causes, stand up for these issues wherever they arise, and if you know transgender people in your life be there for them and support them.

Here are some pro-trans organizations around the world where you can make a donation and show your support
  • For those of you in the US, The Trevor Project is one of the leading LGBT organizations. They are dedicated to crisis intervention and suicide prevention for people who are in need of support, love, and care.
  • For those of you in the UK, Mermaids is dedicated to the support of transgender, non-binary, and gender-diverse children, young adults, and their families. They have been around since 1995, and have been one of the most vocal voices speaking out against transphobia in the UK, including showing the dangers that transphobia imposes upon our youth.
  • If you would like to donate to CDPR's native country of Poland, you can find the Trans-Fuzja Foundation website here. The Trans-Fuzja Foundation has been around since 2008, and is dedicated to the support of transgender people in Poland in many aspects of life and society, including politics.
We are your friends. We are your family members. We're your coworkers. We're the people you meet on the street. We're the essential workers who keep society running in a pandemic. We're everywhere. We're not some sort of freak or joke, and we're not going away.

I want to give major thanks to Uzzy for lending her talent, time, and effort in putting together graphics and material for this official thread. Without her, this would not have been possible on such short notice. I would also like to give a shout out and thanks to Kyuuji for allowing me to use images and links from her own thread for this posts.

Terbinator

Oct 29, 2017
The stats are random, but for me the legendary item was always in a box under an Arasaka billboard. (white marker)
271tbvr.png
Does it respond again if you take it and revisit the area?

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Finished River's questline, that was a lot of fun. Shame to let him down at the end, but gotta stay true to Judy (and secretly pining over Panam of course). Slightly annoyed that the conversation you have with him about previous relationships seemed to exclude any bisexual ones though. The revolved you get from him is incredible, already slapped a silencer on it and am going to town.

I also finished the Sinnerman quest line. I, uh.. I did not expect that. At all. Surprised they'd even begin to approach the issue of faith in the game, but they went there, and I went all the way with em. Wow.

At least I get to recommend this lovely remix of a great song (fuck Morrissey)

Oct 27, 2017
I'm guessing the answer is no but does the latest NVIDIA driver (released yesterday) do anything positive or negative to the performance with or without RT?

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
The early part of the game shows you cops (or a special unit) dropping out of a flying car and how they handle a situation. I expected stuff like that to happen when you get stars, but it was just one scripted event.

I guess they could change a lot of things... but that will take months.
Yep, I have no idea how much work they'll put into adding features like that now that the game is out and the bulk of the money has been made. Got to imagine they want to be spending that sort of time on TW4 from now on. I'm fairly sure we'll see police car chase AI eventually since that's already in the game to an extent, but beyond that... I don't know. And it's things like being able to physically sit at bars and restaurants and order drinks/foods like in the cutscenes (animations already exist, tie some buffs to them as an incentive) that I really want to see, and I just don't know how much they'll care. I hate that the vast majority of street vendors aren't vendors at all, and if you talk to one they'll say something like "Do I know you!?" in an aggressive manner.

Such a beautiful city, but so damn lifeless.

azfaru

Dec 1, 2017
This game desperately needs a Mass Effect style Codex. The lore is too vast and the history of the world of Cyberpunk is too rich not to give people the option to peek into it deeper. Actually something like the Hades sidebar explainers would be cool too. I feel like I'm losing a lot of context every few convos I've been through.

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This game desperately needs a Mass Effect style Codex. The lore is too vast and the history of the world of Cyberpunk is too rich not to give people the option to peek into it deeper. Actually something like the Hades sidebar explainers would be cool too. I feel like I'm losing a lot of context every few convos I've been through.

It has one but it's text only. No audio for the primary entries.

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
This game is so bad at sound setting when sneaking. Too often there's way too much damn noise to also be playing a BGM on top of everything.

tacocat

Alt account
Banned
Jan 17, 2020
This game world is so empty, the more tine I spend with it Night City the quicker the facade falls apart like soggy toilet paper. Unfortunately unlike Witcher 3 it cannot lean on its writing to carry the experience cause what is here is very surface level stuff

It is like a throwback to a early 2000s GTAIII clone like Driver 3 or True Crime, but tarted up If you have a RTX card to enjoy the genuinely mind-blowing visuals. My screenshot folder is 800MB, they trick you with the scale of the city, the seamless interiors you can explore and the multi tiered design to hide the fact there's nothing to see.

Even setting aside the huge hype this is an astonishingly bare experience theyve released in just about every respect. It is just not the case that the PC experience is where the true game lies, I am playing that version and I feel like I am playing a very pretty ps2 game.

I'm having the opposite experience. I'm only 10 hours in though. I see a few bugs like floating guns after killing enemies and i had one enemy spawn behind a locked door and I couldn't kill them so I had to reload the mission but the world is so fucking dense and beautiful I just walk around looking at shit. Maybe the facade falls away as you get further into the game but this city feels so alive. There is just way too much shit to look and listen too. It kind of reminds of skyrim but with a far more interesting, dense, and realized world, awesome music, and much better voice acting. Night city drips with personality. I can't get enough.

R8ER34

Mar 4, 2018
Is anyone else like me afraid to play this thing on ps5? It's literally sitting there unopened. Debating if I want to wait for the patch this week 🤔

Grenchel

Oct 27, 2017
I have gotten stuck in "hack" mode so many times, and have to reload each to time to remove it.

My patience for this game is running thin.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
The first time I was really bothered with the lack of choice, with the scripted events and CP0277 not being a real RPG: Was sitting in diner when three guys stepped in and wanted to rob the people. I had three dialog option, a grey one (that usually do nothing), two yellow ones. One was greyed out because I hadn't had the points in Body/Strength, the other was to pay up.

Why the fuck can't I just pull my gun on my own accord, mid-dialog? Why can't I chase after them and had to sit through two additional lines of dialog with the barkeep. Of course the guys were gone when I left the diner.

Man, I'm so much more annoyed over this than over some bugs and glitches.

Also: Settling with no RT on PC for the moment. Performance is too much inconsistent with it on and benefits are too specific and scene dependent.

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
I have gotten stuck in "hack" mode so many times, and have to reload each to time to remove it.

Are you on PC? If so, did you accidently hit the caps lock button? Because that puts you into hack mode without needing to hold down the tab key. That happened to me and I was really confused.

Deathglobe

Oct 25, 2017
Damn so I found quick hack for whistle which allows you to distract enemies. I felt like that is what limited my stealth to begin with.

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
Are you guys not getting the footsteps disappearing bug? It happens 100% of the time when I play on series x / quality mode.

orlock

Oct 28, 2017
The first time I was really bothered with the lack of choice, with the scripted events and CP0277 not being a real RPG: Was sitting in diner when three guys stepped in and wanted to rob the people. I had three dialog option, a grey one (that usually do nothing), two yellow ones. One was greyed out because I hadn't had the points in Body/Strength, the other was to pay up.

Why the fuck can't I just pull my gun on my own accord, mid-dialog? Why can't I chase after them and had to sit through two additional lines of dialog with the barkeep. Of course the guys were gone when I left the diner.

Also: Settling with no RT on PC for the moment. Performance is too much inconsistent with it on and benefits are too specific and scene dependent.

this is one of my bigger complaints, too. it tries to be an RPG and a serious narrative cinematic experience and ends up doing neither exceedingly well.

the game really shines in its missions and set pieces, and the world is empty and non-reactive as fuck. i wish they had either gone all-in on the full narrative driven game with a series of missions and side-gigs and vignettes with a pre-made PC with much reduced sandboxy districts to do a few fun things in, or dial back the story and go full open world open ended RPG. trying to do both usually ends up failing at both to a certain degree.

DarkStream

Oct 27, 2017
Well, credits are rolling.
That's that. Took me around 40 hours.
The game was good. Main story was really good.
Not as good as the hype. 8/10.

I chose to give Johnny control over V. Melancholic ending. Satisfying though.
Riding the bus and leavin' NC.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
i'd normally avoid such an exploit, as it ruins the games economy, but so far the economy doesnt much matter in this. there are some really awesome cars that cost over 100,000 credits that i'm not sure the game will ever dole out the cash to buy one or more of.

I bought plenty of cars and cyberwear already and I didn't use the explot.

I don't think people appreciate how good of a cash-cow side-gigs/ncpd scanners and hacking terminals are.

F2BBm3ga

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
About 35ish hours spent in the game so far and my favorite thing continues to be just driving around the street at night in first person. I've never switched to the 3rd person camera for driving and doubt I ever will.

This game would be a nightmare to play in 3rd person. Most indoor spaces are too cramped to put the camera anywhere.

certain vehicles make it hard to see everything well in first person view, like the alvarado. Harder to drive that one in first person

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
Random thoughts that have been mildly bugging me but don't seem particularly important:
  • Why don't cars have windscreen wipers in the rain? Is there a lore reason for how rain isn't an issue, like new windscreen tech?
  • Why are there so many trucks in Night City, but none of them are pulling trailers?
  • Why do the people of Night City love vending machines so much? I swear there's like one vending machine for every five citizens.

luffie

Dec 20, 2017
Indonesia

Might want to check if you accidentally hit caps lock, it toggles the scan mode.

I ride them exclusively, but they still control very poorly. Like you cant make a sharp turn even if you are going slowly. Minor complaint as I dont drive much anyways, I am usually leaping across buildings Crackdown style.

Get a mod from nexus if you are on pc, they can reduce the slippery level, makes driving so much easier for me. Now I can actually gave a chase on the road with keyboard.

Vommy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Finished the game just now. It was a fun ride on a very bumpy road. Maybe I'll revisit it in a year, but for now I'm good. Was getting bored towards the end.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm having the opposite experience. I'm only 10 hours in though. I see a few bugs like floating guns after killing enemies and i had one enemy spawn behind a locked door and I couldn't kill them so I had to reload the mission but the world is so fucking dense and beautiful I just walk around looking at shit. Maybe the facade falls away as you get further into the game but this city feels so alive. There is just way too much shit to look and listen too. It kind of reminds of skyrim but with a far more interesting, dense, and realized world, awesome music, and much better voice acting. Night city drips with personality. I can't get enough.
im at about the same playtime and feel the same. Bugs are definitely there, UI elements failing to disappear, hair disappearing, parts of my body TPosing above my motorcycle. Those havent been gamebreaking but are annoying. The worst bug Ive gotten was during a braindance V and Judy both started saying their lines at the same time, with both subtitles popping up. I ended up having to read the subtitles super quick and piece together in my head which order the conversation was happening.

I've also begun noticing the aggressive culling of cars and pedestrians ever since it was pointed out on twitter, however that really hasnt killed so much of the feel of the city being amazing. I love just looking around, seeing people wandering around, chilling, doing whatever. With the huge high detail high variety NPC population the the streets and alleys have so much better feeling than any game ive played, add that to the immense variety and detail in the city itself and its easily my favorite open world city.

Super hopeful they improve the culling as thats my only real complaint about the city.

Grimmy11

Oct 28, 2017
Random thoughts that have been mildly bugging me but don't seem particularly important:
  • Why don't cars have windscreen wipers in the rain? Is there a lore reason for how rain isn't an issue, like new windscreen tech?
  • Why are there so many trucks in Night City, but none of them are pulling trailers?
  • Why do the people of Night City love vending machines so much? I swear there's like one vending machine for every five citizens.

Rain is really odd in the game. It appears to be a sort of filter on screen rather than actual rain like in most games, Nobody behaves differently (No umbrellas, wipers, taking shelter etc) and everywhere slightly in shelter remains completely dry on the floor even if it's a tiny section on a road.

DarkStream

Oct 27, 2017
So, the game tells I got rewards for finishing the game. They should be in my inventory.
I don't see anything. What are they?

EDIT: Oh, I guess it's that one item in regards to my ending....

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've read that the 460 nvidia drivers have been terrible to 10 series cards :(
Yeah, it's been interesting. They level out eventually, but I am reminded how much I hate buying new games whenever the issue of nVidia drivers is concerned.

I rolled back to 460.79 that released a week ago and immediately regained a good 10 FPS, but with noticeably less render quality. I am prioritizing keeping my 1440p nice and smooth rather than ultra pretty. 😆

Thats an hour of progress lost
Strange, on PC it creates a fucking autosave every two minutes that I have to delete a dozen at the end of every session 😂

s_mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Birmingham, UK
certain vehicles make it hard to see everything well in first person view, like the alvarado. Harder to drive that one in first person

I don't know if this is a problem with all vehicles with crappy visibility, but I've noticed that your view seems to be too low down compared to where V's eyes should be. That screws up visibility on at least one of the bikes.

I suspect it might be related to holding your gun in a classic FPS position, and why V's apparently a vampire with no reflections. The model in the reflection would be a contorted mess if it matched the FPS view.

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15

If you go across the street those guys are there, you just can't interact with them.

F5 saves?! Quick save or new save?

It's quick save. Most PC games use F5 for quick saving.

xir

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
is there any gameplay from a 3080 or 3090 not compressed by youtube? Want to see a minute or two of what it looks like tricked out but not super compressed

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Rain is really odd in the game. It appears to be a sort of filter on screen rather than actual rain like in most games, Nobody behaves differently (No umbrellas, wipers, taking shelter etc) and everywhere slightly in shelter remains completely dry on the floor even if it's a tiny section on a road.
People went ballistic about the original rain in Killzone Shadow Fall which was better than the rain in this game. I guess it just doesn't get as much attention when there is so much wrong with this release. It's a pretty embarrassing effect. Far Cry 3 had much better rain 2 generations ago.