• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Epileptic PSA: There are reports that animations and flashing lights in this game can cause seizures. Read this article for more information

Why is there controversy surrounding CD Projekt Red and Cyberpunk 2077?

CD Projekt Red has a history of transphobia. This is well documented at this point and not a matter of debate. Due to this context there is particular concern about transphobic or insensitive content in Cyberpunk 2077 itself, such as the decision to tie gender to voice in the character creator, and trans fetishization in illustrations in the game—and these are just examples from prerelease footage. Additionally, there have been concerns about racist imagery and stereotyping. This article goes into depth about some of these issues.

What incidents of transphobia have occurred surrounding the game and the company, and why are they hurtful?

This list will be updated over time as more examples come to light, especially as the game releases and more content is uncovered. If you wish to have something added to this list, please send me a DM and get my attention.

Why is ResetEra allowing an official thread for this game?

There has been a lot of discussion about whether there should even be an official thread for Cyberpunk 2077, and many points of view were considered for this decision. Ultimately, a thread like this can serve as a platform for minority concerns to be aired and discussed respectfully, and given appropriate attention. We've also heard from minority members, including some trans members, who have asked for a space where they can talk about the game without needing to worry about trolling and bigoted posting. We expect all posters in the thread to extend the consideration and empathy to give them that space. We will be moderating as strictly as necessary to make sure they do.

What can I do to help fight transphobia?

Transphobia exists in many aspects of our lives. From casual discrimination such as the continuous misuse of a person's preferred pronouns, to more serious ramifications such as housing being denied, legal rights being taken away, and being discriminated in the legal system. Every trans person either has experienced transphobia in their lives, or will experience transphobia at some point.

Moreover, transphobia is a systematic issue that is present in every level of our society. Politicians fight to take away our rights. Celebrities use coded language and religious justifications, if not outright hostility, in order to continue to deny our existence. Media continues to portray us as the butt of a joke, or acts like we're something to be fascinated by, rather than treated with respect.

Actions speak louder than words: Become active in your local politics, donate to transgender causes, stand up for these issues wherever they arise, and if you know transgender people in your life be there for them and support them.

Here are some pro-trans organizations around the world where you can make a donation and show your support
  • For those of you in the US, The Trevor Project is one of the leading LGBT organizations. They are dedicated to crisis intervention and suicide prevention for people who are in need of support, love, and care.
  • For those of you in the UK, Mermaids is dedicated to the support of transgender, non-binary, and gender-diverse children, young adults, and their families. They have been around since 1995, and have been one of the most vocal voices speaking out against transphobia in the UK, including showing the dangers that transphobia imposes upon our youth.
  • If you would like to donate to CDPR's native country of Poland, you can find the Trans-Fuzja Foundation website here. The Trans-Fuzja Foundation has been around since 2008, and is dedicated to the support of transgender people in Poland in many aspects of life and society, including politics.
We are your friends. We are your family members. We're your coworkers. We're the people you meet on the street. We're the essential workers who keep society running in a pandemic. We're everywhere. We're not some sort of freak or joke, and we're not going away.

I want to give major thanks to Uzzy for lending her talent, time, and effort in putting together graphics and material for this official thread. Without her, this would not have been possible on such short notice. I would also like to give a shout out and thanks to Kyuuji for allowing me to use images and links from her own thread for this posts.

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
Played a few hours, I'm not the only one who thinks the game is kinda ugly on PS5 right? Not talking resolution, just a lot of textures and whatnot don't seem that great. Needs that next gen patch. It's probably worse because the game is first person and you have more awkward angles and close ups. But there are also a lot off fuzzy ads and text.

By the way, is there no way to increase text size of overhead text and item descriptions when you examine items? I know you can increase the size of subtitles but that's all I found. Definitely seems like they made it like that for PC and didn't accommodate people sitting further away from a TV screen...

So far I've only had one bad technical issue where the dialogue screen disappeared when you talk to Jackie at the food stand, had to reload to progress.

Besides that the pop in is really distracting and things including characters pop in when they're pretty close to you to begin with. Definitely needs cleanup there.

That aside the game feels good to play so far in 60 FPS and the movement and combat doesn't feel stiff or anything like Witcher 3 did.

Qrusher14242

Oct 29, 2017
I'm about 10 hrs in on PC and its run good (after 1.04 patch, before i had a bunch of hard crashes) and it looks stunning. But lots of bugs: NPC's walking through stuff like i saw one just walk through some stairs. Some cutscenes were really bugged with lip syncing issues or objects just not spawning. I've been getting a bad bug where i can only shoot from the hip with pistols. I have to reload and then it works, but its a pain. Sometimes textures will not load right away, but only seen that a couple times.

Combat is kind of fun, i put my points into Street brawler, so i just bash people with bats mostly. That will probably get old soon lol. There's only a couple moves with it. Writing is good for the most part, but there seems to be some gaps in the story that they cut. Or just they just chose to put them off-screen. So some scenes can be a bit jarring story wise. It's a fun game, but i guess i was expecting more of an open world. Something like Mad max or GTA. So far it's mostly just confined to cities. Not much openness other than the beginning of the game.

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Lol i got a bike and now sometimes when i drive it, my character will take the T pose on it and be butt naked.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
This is really, really strange to see (the hate and bashing) as someone who is having a really awesome experience on PC and has experienced the absolutely FINE performance and visuals on XSX/S.

This is a 95/100 game for me, no doubt. I realise that the framerate is poor on these 7 year old base consoles but under no circumstances is this game actually a 5/10 type of game. If you're on a base last gen console I'd absolutely wait to see if the game reaches acceptable levels performance-wise before buying it. That said, I struggle to see how someone that values framerate is still rocking an original XB1 or PS4...that's a poor life choice 😂
You do realize that not everyone could find or afford a next gen console? Or some people were just fine with their original last gen systems. Not everyone has extra income to put on a Pro or a One X either. People may have waited for the next generation systems instead of getting a Pro system either.

Multiple reason why.

In my group of friends, I was the only one with a Pro system, while the rest stuck with their original PS4/Xbox One or they had the slim variants.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
I just swapped my PS5 version for an XSX copy predominantly for the quality mode. Hopefully it runs ok, because according to DF it's a near locked 30fps with a higher resolution, better density etc. Would be gutted if it ran poorly as the PS5's 60fps is near locked unlocked the XSX's performance mode, and I don't have a VRR TV.
I have had zero frame rate issues running at 30fps. VRR range does not go that low, so VRR is not in the equation for the Quality mode. Put Motion Blur on though...it helps a TON with how it feels. It does take a bit to get use too coming off of the 60fps mode though...but after a bit you get use to it.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Lol i got a bike and now sometimes when i drive it, my character will take the T pose on it and be butt naked.
I played a good 4 missions or so naked and not realizing it. Not sure why my character unequipped everything but it might have been story related?

Had passed out at the end of the Panam storyline where you can reveal your illness and woke up in a bed

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Yeah, I am using an un-clocked 8700K which far exceeds what they recommended unless I read that wrong.

That should be fine. In your Nvidia Control Panel > Manage 3D Settings > Power management mode - is it set to "Optimal power" or "Prefer maximum performance"?

Changing that netted me a few frames when driving / in busy scenes. It wasn't much but when I was already hovering between 55 - 62, those few frames were appreciated.

Dec 23, 2017
Man, I wish I knew how important Technical Ability was.

It feels like if you don't level up this stat, you miss out on an important game mechanic, crafting and upgrading.

I've been struggling with getting good gear, and this seems like the only way to get good gear.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know how to turn off having the names of characters and little conversation icons appear above people's heads? I swear it wasn't there during Act 1 but I don't like it and can't find a way to get rid of it.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Lmao this game missed a 90 MC score even with 15 bullshit reviews that scored a perfect 100.. despite explicitly describing its flaws

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I wish I knew how important Technical Ability was.

It feels like if you don't level up this stat, you miss out on an important game mechanic, crafting and upgrading.

I've been struggling with getting good gear, and this seems like the only way to get good gear.
I have a high tech ability but honestly the best gear I have has all come from items I've found in the world.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
This is really, really strange to see (the hate and bashing) as someone who is having a really awesome experience on PC and has experienced the absolutely FINE performance and visuals on XSX/S.

This is a 95/100 game for me, no doubt. I realise that the framerate is poor on these 7 year old base consoles but under no circumstances is this game actually a 5/10 type of game. If you're on a base last gen console I'd absolutely wait to see if the game reaches acceptable levels performance-wise before buying it. That said, I struggle to see how someone that values framerate is still rocking an original XB1 or PS4...that's a poor life choice 😂

What they managed to accomplish in terms of world building, visuals and level design is incredible, despite the questionable morals and opinions of the development studio. This open world is easily one of the most detailed, most populated and most atmospheric I've played in, right up there with RDR2.

I absolutely adore this game and would highly recommend it on PC and next-gen consoles if you love the Cyberpunk genre and love western action RPGs. I'd even recommend it to single player FPS fans, people who like Metro/Halo etc, as it has a really amazing selection of guns that are extremely fun to use...it feels more creative than Borderlands in that department. Bash the performance and bugs all you want, but the game is top notch and exactly what I wanted.
Yo this really sucks

Maybe it's the responsibility of the devs to not release a game that hits a 52/100 MC score because it's essentially unplayable on day 1?

eebster

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
All criticism aside, character design is incredible in this game. Might be the first game where I feel like I am looking a human in the eyes. Just incredibly realistic eyes and facial expressions. I mean just look at this
418IdZP.jpg

4t4QFUx.jpg

judy-alvarez-cyberpunk_bGZsamWUmZqaraWkpJRnamtlrWZlbWU.jpg

Dec 23, 2017
I have a high tech ability but honestly the best gear I have has all come from items I've found in the world.

Yeah, I've found some Legendary items out in the world and off enemies. I was looking at the skill tree and the ability to get back mods from disassembling things seems really big.

Having the ability to upgrade Iconic weapons into Legendary seems nice too.

SlickShoes

Oct 27, 2017

This is some bullshit. I am playing on PS5 and would currently rate the game about 7.5/10 because it crashes about every hour and is full of bugs. If it was also running at 720p, with textures never loading and frame rates in the single digits, it absolutely deserves 5/10 or less.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
Yo this really sucks

Maybe it's the responsibility of the devs to not release a game that hits a 52/100 MC score because it's essentially unplayable on day 1?

Yeah, it's really dumb. They should have cancelled the last gen versions for sure. It would have annoyed a lot of people but better than whatever is going on now. Not sure what they were thinking tbh.

This is some bullshit. I am playing on PS5 and would currently rate the game about 7.5/10 because it crashes about every hour and is full of bugs. If it was also running at 720p, with textures never loading and frame rates in the single digits, it absolutely deserves 5/10 or less.

He did say he was playing on PC which is running way better than the PS5 version. I'm currently playing on XSX and agree with him somewhat since XSX seems to run it better too though still filled with bugs

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure it's just a case of some leftover code that wasn't finalized, surely you don't just miss a bug of that magnitude? It would literally be the most game breaking bug in the whole game, if so.

Everyone's go to example is the AI in Aliens: Colonial Marines being broken by a single misspelling in the code and it wasn't found for many years after release.

But, beyond that, I think any hopes of a magic quick fix aren't realistic.

Tidalwaves

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone else wish this game was....more cyber? Driving down most streets feels a little boring. I want a neon overload. I want glowing bikes and floating taxis. Inside buildings I get the vibe. Outside I do not. Cyberpunk 3077 when?

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Are there any iconic clothes?

Anything to unlock so I can jump from any height without getting damaged?

The cursor in the menus when quality mode is engaged... yuck...
You can use the double jump cyberware (it's a leg mod) to break your fall just before you are about to hit the ground.
You also get an ankle cyberware that lets you hover if you hold the jump button during the fall, it also reduces fall damage in case you don't use the hover.

And finally there's a specific type of boot (not a mod, but actual boots) you get in one of the very end missions that basically automatically makes you hover for a sec right before you hit the ground, kind of like the icarus landing system from Deus Ex. But I'm not sure if it's possible to get those kind of boots for use outside of that mission.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
my brother's playing on Xbox One and run into a bug where V's voice audio is muffled and low whole everyone speaks normally. Has anyone else run into that? Is there a fix?

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone else wish this game was....more cyber? Driving down most streets feels a little boring. I want a neon overload. I want glowing bikes and floating taxis. Inside buildings I get the vibe. Outside I do not. Cyberpunk 3077 when?

Yeah sometimes i feel like i am driving in a world similar but worse to GTA V for example.It depends on the location.Almost no flying vehicles doesn't help too

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
This game is incredibly toothless. Not only does it have a "not all cops" journal entry but Johnny Silverhand just gave a speech about corporations and most of my chracter's options were disagreeing with him and the one agree option was more of a "I guess".

The main character is incredibly boring and you can't really mold him out of being such a boring and toothless individual. It sucks.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
The theory going around about this game is that the studio reworked the main campaign after Keanu was involved to have him play a much more prominent role than initially intended.

I guess its plausible considering that they skipped over the whole "become a legend" business to get to his character as quickly as possible.

I could be imagining it, but I seem to recall a quote where they hinted at this. Like originally he was more minor. But then became more integrated, and may have caused rewrites.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
That said, I struggle to see how someone that values framerate is still rocking an original XB1 or PS4...that's a poor life choice 😂

That's...pretty callous, elitist and insensitive. Not everyone can afford a new console, not even one of the enhanced last gen consoles. And most people still play on 1080p displays, and most games still run fine at lower resolutions on those machines.

It's not a 'life choice', specially not with a global pandemic going on. Come on.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
I could be imagining it, but I seem to recall a quote where they hinted at this. Like originally he was more minor. But then became more integrated, and may have caused rewrites.

I think they made the right decision TBH. The game is dramatically more interesting once his character is introduced and they really made his presence felt everywhere so it's pretty seamless. None of the "oh, we didn't want to pay our famous VA for a mere sidequest" thing like in Death Stranding.

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
Disregarding the bugs, my main problem with Cyberpunk and similar games is the dialogue. From what I've played it's just so much filler "he said she said" crap. It's all characters talking about other characters, not interesting perspectives or narratives. I just get lost in the dullness of it all, then fall behind and eventually don't know what any of the NPC's are talking about. It doesn't help that most of it just falls under an umbrella of cheese. The main quests are decent though, I guess.

NickatNite

Oct 27, 2017
California
Does anyone else have an issue with the game not saving video settings on the PS5 or on any platform?
Everything time I boot up the game, I have to go back into video settings and turn off film grain, chromatic aberration....... along with adjusting HDR settings.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone else have an issue with the game not saving video settings on the PS5 or on any platform?
Everything time I boot up the game, I have to go back into video settings and turn off film grain, chromatic aberration....... along with adjusting HDR settings.

I think it broke when they updated it 1.04. Hopefully gets fixed soon with all the other bugs

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Played a few hours, I'm not the only one who thinks the game is kinda ugly on PS5 right?
Of course it is, you're playing a janky ps4 pro game at 60 frames. Expect it to get worse with subsequent patches not better, as they dial stuff back to make it run better on the PS4 consoles (see NXGamer's xb1/ps4 video where he talks about how each patch has affected the game so far).

Vandal Deca

Oct 21, 2018
I dont even care about cars in games or real life, but got this one just for the interior :) driving at night, in the rain, with chill techno on. so good.

Quadra Type-66 "Avenger"

h1l3Ouy.jpg

DaAdxVy.jpg
That car is amazing inside and out.

It's basically a Dodge Challenger Shaker on the outside, which is also what I drive in real life, so it's definitely the car I aspire to own in-game.

Kami

Jul 13, 2020
PS4 phone support is down. Could be unrelated, but it's probably because they were getting swamped with refund requests.

I posted a video here.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I watched my partner play the game on PS4 and it looked fine and good honestly. The worst thing that happened was the bullet trail not showing up during a chase sequence. It looks better than the game does on my 970. TV was probably 35" though.

SlickShoes

Oct 27, 2017
Happens to me every time the game crashes and also sometimes randomly, on PS5.

Oct 28, 2019
That sniper rifle you get from Panam is just pure filth, combat has become so trivial but it feels oh so satisfying to headshot enemies with and see their heads explode.