• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Transistor

Vodka martini, dirty, with Tito's please
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Epileptic PSA: There are reports that animations and flashing lights in this game can cause seizures. Read this article for more information

Why is there controversy surrounding CD Projekt Red and Cyberpunk 2077?

CD Projekt Red has a history of transphobia. This is well documented at this point and not a matter of debate. Due to this context there is particular concern about transphobic or insensitive content in Cyberpunk 2077 itself, such as the decision to tie gender to voice in the character creator, and trans fetishization in illustrations in the game—and these are just examples from prerelease footage. Additionally, there have been concerns about racist imagery and stereotyping. This article goes into depth about some of these issues.

What incidents of transphobia have occurred surrounding the game and the company, and why are they hurtful?

This list will be updated over time as more examples come to light, especially as the game releases and more content is uncovered. If you wish to have something added to this list, please send me a DM and get my attention.

Why is ResetEra allowing an official thread for this game?

There has been a lot of discussion about whether there should even be an official thread for Cyberpunk 2077, and many points of view were considered for this decision. Ultimately, a thread like this can serve as a platform for minority concerns to be aired and discussed respectfully, and given appropriate attention. We've also heard from minority members, including some trans members, who have asked for a space where they can talk about the game without needing to worry about trolling and bigoted posting. We expect all posters in the thread to extend the consideration and empathy to give them that space. We will be moderating as strictly as necessary to make sure they do.

What can I do to help fight transphobia?

Transphobia exists in many aspects of our lives. From casual discrimination such as the continuous misuse of a person's preferred pronouns, to more serious ramifications such as housing being denied, legal rights being taken away, and being discriminated in the legal system. Every trans person either has experienced transphobia in their lives, or will experience transphobia at some point.

Moreover, transphobia is a systematic issue that is present in every level of our society. Politicians fight to take away our rights. Celebrities use coded language and religious justifications, if not outright hostility, in order to continue to deny our existence. Media continues to portray us as the butt of a joke, or acts like we're something to be fascinated by, rather than treated with respect.

Actions speak louder than words: Become active in your local politics, donate to transgender causes, stand up for these issues wherever they arise, and if you know transgender people in your life be there for them and support them.

Here are some pro-trans organizations around the world where you can make a donation and show your support
  • For those of you in the US, The Trevor Project is one of the leading LGBT organizations. They are dedicated to crisis intervention and suicide prevention for people who are in need of support, love, and care.
  • For those of you in the UK, Mermaids is dedicated to the support of transgender, non-binary, and gender-diverse children, young adults, and their families. They have been around since 1995, and have been one of the most vocal voices speaking out against transphobia in the UK, including showing the dangers that transphobia imposes upon our youth.
  • If you would like to donate to CDPR's native country of Poland, you can find the Trans-Fuzja Foundation website here. The Trans-Fuzja Foundation has been around since 2008, and is dedicated to the support of transgender people in Poland in many aspects of life and society, including politics.
We are your friends. We are your family members. We're your coworkers. We're the people you meet on the street. We're the essential workers who keep society running in a pandemic. We're everywhere. We're not some sort of freak or joke, and we're not going away.

I want to give major thanks to Uzzy for lending her talent, time, and effort in putting together graphics and material for this official thread. Without her, this would not have been possible on such short notice. I would also like to give a shout out and thanks to Kyuuji for allowing me to use images and links from her own thread for this posts.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, i know but I'm coming from the perspective of someone who really loved the witcher 3 and basically completed everything in that game, so that's why I'm kinda disappointed with length of the game and most of this time was completing the worthless gigs in the game.
I spent like 120 hours with the Switch version. I hadn't played through it since the PS4 version lauched. It's amazing how well that port turned out.

azfaru

Dec 1, 2017
Anyone on PC feeling reluctant to power through the game because of imminent patches and bug fixes on the horizon?? I've gotten into the groove of things but feeling very reluctant if I should pour more hours into the game at the state it's in, knowing that it'd be better down the road. I'm not much of a delayed gratification guy so it's tough lol. I'd feel so jealous of those playing the game 3 months from now.

azfaru

Dec 1, 2017
The game is way too short even after doing every side quest and gig, I clocked in 55 hours.

Hmmm that does sound awfully short. That's my playtime with Persona 5, and I'm nowhere near the end in that game, for better or for worse tho lol.

I'd be very happy to finish the game at 55 hours, but not with having ALL side quest and gigs finished.

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone on PC feeling reluctant to power through the game because of imminent patches and bug fixes on the horizon?? I've gotten into the groove of things but feeling very reluctant if I should pour more hours into the game at the state it's in, knowing that it'd be better down the road. I'm not much of a delayed gratification guy so it's tough lol. I'd feel so jealous of those playing the game 3 months from now.

Nope. My busy season is coming up and that's what a 2nd play through is for.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea how but in Witcher 3 I clocked around 400 hours and only almost 100%'ed the game.

Anyway, Nvidia Control Panel sharpening seems to help with Cyberpunk's TAA. Turn it down to around 0.25.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
The game has a lot of room for finding your own loop and for me it's been ripe for role playing. I make sure to go back to the apartment regularly. Watch the news. Read through my shards & text messages. Shower before getting some shut eye. Wake up, get dressed, and set a general plan for that day's jobs and/or places to explore. More times than not I get side tracked once I'm out in the world or just sorta meander about, soaking in the atmosphere. When it feels like the right time, I progress the story.

That's honestly a pretty cool way of playing, and you're right, the game does a good job with all the world building.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I feel like every mission is a main story mission and all the side missions is the boxing stuff. While tracking all of delmains cabs I've gotten calls from other people who offer jobs but don't remember who or where they are

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
I was just driving around the city and taking in all the sights for a bit and it is pretty incredible on what they were able to put into the and the level of detail in so many areas of the game. But as I did this, I started to think about the base consoles and the only real way they can increase performance is just drop the level of detail in the world and of course keep optimizing the game. There are sections where there is just a ton of detail and some impressive amount of trash, items etc. They can just cut all that back...hell even remove some street lights and some of the guard rails....just turn a lot of this extra stuff off.

I hope that the Next Gen versions are based on the PC version and with all the backlash they need to be 100% on point with the next gen versions and if they offer a quality and performance mode...ensure they hit the designated frame rate. I would be happy with 1440p, RT on Medium and 60fps.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm already conflicted between main line and side content.

If they game puts a sense of urgency on the story. Why would u spend days roaming around town.
I'm at a similar crossroad. I just hit the point when I'm dealing with Silverhand.. but I want to do the side quests.

Does anyone know if I focus on the side quests now, will I miss out on any unique dialogue from him?

paraxor

Aug 8, 2020
Boo hoo CDPR devs now missing out on that 90+ rating bonus.
I still wonder how did it even hit 90s in the first place.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Since they said there would be a patch this week, I am just doing some small side stuff and doing some exploring...even starting new characters and trying out other early builds. The 1.04 patch coming out 2-3 days after the Day 1 patch really showed a big improvement on PS5/Series X, so I am really interested in what this next patch can bring.

oofouchugh

Oct 29, 2017
Night City
Think I'm starting to burn out on side stuff after 43 hours, open world stuff stuck with me longer in this game than it does in most. City Center is probably the best looking environment I've ever seen in a video game ever. Gonna power through some story stuff and see if I can refresh stamina to hit up more side gigs. There are some really good stories in some of those quests and I hope I don't miss any of the special ones if I just want to finish off the story.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Beat the story at around 40 hours, I quite enjoyed the ending I got, seems to be the best ending too, or one of them. I really liked the game overall, there is a great game underneath all the bugs and glitches. Probably should have delayed the game on consoles though.

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, i know but I'm coming from the perspective of someone who really loved the witcher 3 and basically completed everything in that game, so that's why I'm kinda disappointed with length of the game and most of this time was completing the worthless gigs in the game.
Do any of the gigs have long branching stories are are they essentially fetch quests and side jobs are the meat and potatoes?

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017

I dunno, haven't had any major issues, and I'd like to finish the story while I'm interested. If I drop the game now I, speaking from experience, will never pick it up again. I almost never return to games for DLC etc.

Since I started mainlining the story + major sidequests I've been enjoying it a lot, but there's no way I'm cleaning up these 800 million icons on the map. I already have a legendary tech rifle and a nekomata that kill things so fast I took down a boss before it could move on hard mode.

I assume I'm getting close to the end.
Out of the 3 main missions that open up at the start of act 2, I've finished 2. I guess once I finish the third, there's a final mission and then the epilogue?

If I really am getting close to the finish line I've got mixed feelings about it...the story is tighter and more interesting than I expected, and I don't have time for an 80 hour game right now anyways. But I kept expecting to turn into this cyborg hacker ultra badass and really all I ended up doing was being able to craft a really OP weapon. Maybe if they can deliver on a lot of stuff they mentioned pre-release it'll be worth revisting a year down the line and I'll make an exception. Hopefully if they planned on charging for DLC expansions they hook up the folks who bought in early (though I'm not that optimistic considering they sold a lot already).

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018

Just decided to do that right now .

So you're not alone

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, a big option opens up by doing side quests
I don't think your response answers what I was asking, so my bad for not being clear.

If I focus on doing side quests at the moment in the game when you first meet Silverhand, will I miss out on dialogue because I have not built a relationship with Silverhand yet?

To prevent this issue, I'd imagine that CDPR made all of the Silverhand-involved side quests appear in Act 2.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who gave zero fucks about the pre-release hype - I feel like my one actual disappointment so far was that the Maelstrom quest early on feels like such a bait and switch. I've yet to run into another mission that can play out in multiple ways like that one.

Apple

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I keep hearing how good some of the side content is, but I'm halfway through act 2 and I haven't done a single gig, or side story, or whatever they're called because WHO THE FUCK ARE THESE PEOPLE?? Here I am working my way through the main quest because, you know, it seems kinda important? And urgent? With characters I've gotten to know and am invested in? But everytime I finish one of the main story segments, when I should be given a moment or two to reflect on something that just happened in the story, I instead get fucking spammed by all these people I've never met and have no idea who they are or what they're even talking about or why I'm even supposed to care. Like I literally want nothing to do with any of these people at this point because of how annoying they've been.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Why do cops spawn out of nowhere? Seriously CDPR your game is already a buggy mess why heap this shit upon shit? Stop.

The next hotfix needs to get rid of these insta-spawn cops, as 99.99% of the time is because your driving code is so absolute shit I ran over someone by accident and now I got 50 cops popping out of thin air at me. Bothering me in the middle of a mission. Stop.

It is insane that a game with such a good story is failing so bad at basic stuff here.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
Why do cops spawn out of nowhere? Seriously CDPR your game is already a buggy mess why heap this shit upon shit? Stop.

The next hotfix needs to get rid of these insta-spawn cops, as 99.99% of the time is because your driving code is so absolute shit I ran over someone by accident and now I got 50 cops popping out of thin air at me. Bothering me in the middle of a mission. Stop.

It is insane that a game with such a good story is failing so bad at basic stuff here.
They would probably have to completely rework their (lack of) A.I. and pathfinding for the police. Notice too that the police don't, rather they can't even chase you when you're in a car?

It's a severely flawed system that they can't just bandage over.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
Jesus. Y'all lucky. PS5 here and it crashes regularly. I might have to just get a PC if I want to experience this. I hear Series X crashes way less, too.

I've had this game crash on me more than any other video game I've played in my life.

As if that weren't bad enough, half the time the crashes also reset all my settings. So I have to invert my Y-axes again, and change audio to headphones, and turn off motion blur and chromatic aberration, and punch in my HDR settings.

phant0m

Oct 29, 2017
The game is way too short even after doing every side quest and gig, I clocked in 55 hours.

Interesting. 55h isn't terrible, though does have me a little concerned. I've played 12h so far and haven't really done much side content at all. Story-wise, I've
just rescued Evelyn
. Does that mean I'm roughly 40% of the way through (assuming 15ish hours of side stuff)?

Really enjoying this too. For those disappointed by the dialogue options, I've come to realize that a lot of the "choices" are actually dictated by your actions, not a dialogue choice. For example, on the mission to
Clouds
I accidentally fucked up an infiltration and ended up blasting through the guards to get where I needed to go. I ended up re-loading, not fucking up, and there were multiple scenes that played out completely differently. It might make in-game choices not so obtuse to the player, but I think it's much more interesting and engaging gameplay wise.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
Anyone have suggestions for the best way to earn money in-game? I've been running the Gigs and side missions, but have thus far been finding it miracle if I have more than about $20,000 Eddies at any given time. Especially because the bloody missions keep taking my money from me, lol ($15k to Rogue, $21k to Vik, etc.)

Also, anyone find it weird that people you barely know keep telling you about the used cars they are selling? lol

ThatWasAJoke

Oct 28, 2017
How far into the game am I out of interest
I'm 15 hours in, have been to clouds, had an unsuccessful meeting with Oda, and have just collected $15,00 for Rogue but haven't gone back to her yet

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
I have no concern at the game being too short because I am killing hours on the photo mode alone ngl

etdOGc0.jpg

NzwjHVy.png

iOz9BDE.png

jlQiI6w.png

OV9rAQ0.png

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
Its pretty great going back to your home turf and just one punching fools with your maxed physical stats.
Had to fight a bunch of cops outside a hospital. I ended up throw stun grenades into the group, leap behind the group with super ankles, flury of blows like 2 of em - one charged super punch and hulk jump out again lol fuckin hilarious

Also I take bad anything bad I may have said about panam. Wife it.

FarZa17

Oct 27, 2017
This game is pretty okay and I enjoy the missions so far.

Right now, I am still struggling to find the best clothes combination for female V.
I don't know whether I have not found the best one or they are just not very good design. The outer clothing/jacket look mostly oversized and I don't find one that in fit or tight size. Guess I have to go either searching more in all those clothing store or just randomly loot some from enemies, hoping that I get the best clothes.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017

Nah because I know this will be a game I'll be replaying 5 or 6 times as I improve my PC, patches come out and mods. Same thing happened with The Witcher 3.

hammurabi

Oct 27, 2017
I'm only 20 hours in and barely into act 2 and I'm already thinking about the build for my next playthrough. I'm playing as a nomad netrunner. I think next I'll try it as a corpo solo. So I'm not really too worried about future patches. I'll probably be playing this game for the next six months at least. And they've got DLC planned too, so I'll likely pick that up.