• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Epileptic PSA: There are reports that animations and flashing lights in this game can cause seizures. Read this article for more information

Why is there controversy surrounding CD Projekt Red and Cyberpunk 2077?

CD Projekt Red has a history of transphobia. This is well documented at this point and not a matter of debate. Due to this context there is particular concern about transphobic or insensitive content in Cyberpunk 2077 itself, such as the decision to tie gender to voice in the character creator, and trans fetishization in illustrations in the game—and these are just examples from prerelease footage. Additionally, there have been concerns about racist imagery and stereotyping. This article goes into depth about some of these issues.

What incidents of transphobia have occurred surrounding the game and the company, and why are they hurtful?

This list will be updated over time as more examples come to light, especially as the game releases and more content is uncovered. If you wish to have something added to this list, please send me a DM and get my attention.

Why is ResetEra allowing an official thread for this game?

There has been a lot of discussion about whether there should even be an official thread for Cyberpunk 2077, and many points of view were considered for this decision. Ultimately, a thread like this can serve as a platform for minority concerns to be aired and discussed respectfully, and given appropriate attention. We've also heard from minority members, including some trans members, who have asked for a space where they can talk about the game without needing to worry about trolling and bigoted posting. We expect all posters in the thread to extend the consideration and empathy to give them that space. We will be moderating as strictly as necessary to make sure they do.

What can I do to help fight transphobia?

Transphobia exists in many aspects of our lives. From casual discrimination such as the continuous misuse of a person's preferred pronouns, to more serious ramifications such as housing being denied, legal rights being taken away, and being discriminated in the legal system. Every trans person either has experienced transphobia in their lives, or will experience transphobia at some point.

Moreover, transphobia is a systematic issue that is present in every level of our society. Politicians fight to take away our rights. Celebrities use coded language and religious justifications, if not outright hostility, in order to continue to deny our existence. Media continues to portray us as the butt of a joke, or acts like we're something to be fascinated by, rather than treated with respect.

Actions speak louder than words: Become active in your local politics, donate to transgender causes, stand up for these issues wherever they arise, and if you know transgender people in your life be there for them and support them.

Here are some pro-trans organizations around the world where you can make a donation and show your support
  • For those of you in the US, The Trevor Project is one of the leading LGBT organizations. They are dedicated to crisis intervention and suicide prevention for people who are in need of support, love, and care.
  • For those of you in the UK, Mermaids is dedicated to the support of transgender, non-binary, and gender-diverse children, young adults, and their families. They have been around since 1995, and have been one of the most vocal voices speaking out against transphobia in the UK, including showing the dangers that transphobia imposes upon our youth.
  • If you would like to donate to CDPR's native country of Poland, you can find the Trans-Fuzja Foundation website here. The Trans-Fuzja Foundation has been around since 2008, and is dedicated to the support of transgender people in Poland in many aspects of life and society, including politics.
We are your friends. We are your family members. We're your coworkers. We're the people you meet on the street. We're the essential workers who keep society running in a pandemic. We're everywhere. We're not some sort of freak or joke, and we're not going away.

I want to give major thanks to Uzzy for lending her talent, time, and effort in putting together graphics and material for this official thread. Without her, this would not have been possible on such short notice. I would also like to give a shout out and thanks to Kyuuji for allowing me to use images and links from her own thread for this posts.

airbagged_

Jan 21, 2019
Charleston, SC
1) After overclocking my CPU/GPU the game runs pretty goddamn good now with a few hitches
2) I have finally found myself "hooked" with the game. I like the side quests and the main story I've ignored pretty much since they let me run wild
3) Once you start upgrading yourself and adding cyber-upgrades or whatever, the game becomes much better
4) Still doesn't excuse any of the edginess for edginess sake bullshit in the game
5) DRIVING. IS. TERRIBLE. IT'S INDEFINSIBLE.
6) AI is garbage

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
Oh my god picturing this in my head is absolutely hilarious hahaha. Wow this game
All of sudden I was slammed into the back wall and my car went flying in the boxed garage and I got out and it's just destroyed by some dude going 10 MPH?! Did this happen to you or anyone else? It didn't even let me get onto the street lol. Keanu said something about it & I left the garage without the car 🤣 terrible first 10 minutes back alive.

z1ggy

Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
1) After overclocking my CPU/GPU the game runs pretty goddamn good now with a few hitches
2) I have finally found myself "hooked" with the game. I like the side quests and the main story I've ignored pretty much since they let me run wild
3) Once you start upgrading yourself and adding cyber-upgrades or whatever, the game becomes much better
4) Still doesn't excuse any of the edginess for edginess sake bullshit in the game
5) DRIVING. IS. TERRIBLE. IT'S INDEFINSIBLE.
6) AI is garbage
Driving bikes is somewhat decent

JackDT

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any downside to ignoring all side quests until Act 2? Do any go away?

If they stick around I'd like to experience them all with the extra character introduced in Act 2.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
Got the game gifted (PS5) and i feel legit guilty about how much I´m enjoying it :/
Almost no Bugs or crashes so far on my end, AI doesn´t bother me but i also went in basically with no exception beyond "Witcher 3 but in a city" which is like 100% what this turned out to be.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Unless it's just a UI issue, mods seem completely broken and not actually working or have stacking problems. I just paid almost 90K for a 15% crit chance/30% crit damage mod that changed absolutely nothing. Equipping a 15% crit mod by itself increased my crit chance, and increasing a 30% mod on a separate piece of clothing raised my crit chance by 30%, yet using that single mod did nothing, and putting a 15% crit and 30% crit damage mod into the same piece of clothing gives nothing either.

On top of that, you just can't seem to have more than a single chance and crit damage mod, because they don't stack (15% + 15% = 15%). Not that I actually need more damage, but I was wanting to see how far I could break the game with my current build. Guess I'm capped at 56% crit chance and 155% damage.

Last edited:

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
Got the game gifted (PS5) and i feel legit guilty about how much I´m enjoying it :/
Almost no Bugs or crashes so far on my end, AI doesn´t bother me but i also went in basically with no exception beyond "Witcher 3 but in a city" which is like 100% what this turned out to be.
Don't feel guilty. I'm enjoying it a lot as well. Witcher 3 had a lot of bugs as well on launch.

Dolorean

Sep 20, 2019
They are hosting an ad-hoc call with investors and analysts right now, starting 2pm CET. I'm listening in and will report back if anything of note.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
It seems there is no apparent upgrade cap for clothing.

Just for the hell of it as a test, I used cheat engine to give myself infinite uncommon and common materials. I continuously upgraded a T-Shirt I bought from one of the clothing stores. I must have upgraded the shirt like 20+ times, it got to the point that the next upgraded needed 700 uncommon and common materials.

As far as I'm aware there is no end. You can pretty much upgrade a piece of clothing endlessly but eventually comes to the diminishing returns of cost in which you'll be putting hundreds of crafting mats for a single upgrade for maybe a 2 to 3 points of extra armor.

The good thing is you can wear whatever you want. At least there isn't a "true" best set of clothing. At least from what I could test out. This means you can focus entirely on aesthetics and style and with enough crafting mats turn your favorite outfit into the best defense too.

Oct 25, 2017
Right, I get that but I just got into the car and there was another car right in front of my parked car ready to hit me for absolutely no reason 😂
That questline was awesome but for me it ended with the game asking me to enter a car that had just flipped and exploded(an actual glitch this time around).
dcvcozy-796d38f7-68ca-4d52-8825-4f49bf8890cf.gif

Thankfully reverting back to the last autosave fixed the issue.

eebster

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Why do enemies in the same network get different breach bonuses? Why are the Ram costs much higher for the one on the left?

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
This game does not like overclocked GPU's it seems.

I haven't had any issues with my OC with other graphically demanding games, but Cyberpunk would constantly crash. I had to dial back my OC a bit and now it seems to be more stable.

Dolorean

Sep 20, 2019
Yes, very much damage controls. Management sounds very distraught.

They are not giving sales figures at this time, but they will provide an update some time before the holiday break.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
gSpLVdM.png

Finished Panam's questline. Not being able to romance her as Female V is fucking cruel CDPR, it's cruel you hear me!

Also found Bryan Dechant's cameo character. Hehe.

Jh2HVyp.png

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Who the hell thought that double tapping WASD for dodging was a good idea? Stealth is impossible. I try to move carefully and the result is V jumping out of cover like a fucking idiot.

JustinBB7

Nov 16, 2017
gSpLVdM.png

Finished Panam's questline. Not being able to romance her as Female V is fucking cruel CDPR, it's cruel you hear me!

Also found Bryan Dechant's cameo character. Hehe.

Jh2HVyp.png

Hey,
we get Panam, girl V get's Judy. I like Judy the most but Panam is amazing too. I was very sad I couldn't romance Judy as a guy but then Panam came along and it was all forgiven.

dunkzilla

alt account
Banned
Dec 13, 2018
All of sudden I was slammed into the back wall and my car went flying in the boxed garage and I got out and it's just destroyed by some dude going 10 MPH?! Did this happen to you or anyone else? It didn't even let me get onto the street lol. Keanu said something about it & I left the garage without the car 🤣 terrible first 10 minutes back alive.
yeah it's part of a quest.

sdornan

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder how many copies they sold on old consoles. This game should be a next gen only release. But what GTA5 did was not that much better on PS3 and 360 and still everyone played it.

GTA5 was largely fine on PS3 and X360. Yes, there were frame rate issues, but it was completely playable overall. The two aren't comparable.

Cup O' Tea?

Nov 2, 2017
I can't recommend getting a motorcycle enough. So, so much better.

V's starter is a piece of shit and there are better cars out there, but I never came across anything that made me wanted to opt out of a bike.
Yeah I enjoy the bikes too. I find them easier to get around on. You can also get ones that look like they were taken straight out of Akira. Pretty cool imo.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
Try Quality mode. Seriously, it looks so much sharper/better.

The framerate drop will be a shock at first but you'll get used to it and it'll feel like every other 30fps game. Can't believe it took me so long to switch to it. Performance mode is 1080p and blurry as shit. Quality mode is above ~1500p and has added/better AO and higher pedestrian density.

I played on quality last night it was petty nice. I had to load and start it that way. Previously, if I switched back and forth, my eyes hated it. Once they see 60 in a session, they don't want to switch easily.

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm done with this game, aside from the technical mess that it is, underneath there's nothing of worthy for this game.

It doesn't know what it is, is it a GTA? A shit one at that. Is it a The Witcher RPG? Great "roleplaying" you have there. Is it a loot-shooter like Borderlands? Wow it's not remarkable at all. It feels like a amalgamation of the above and because of it, it feels like it doesn't have any identity at all. The game uses of the "Cyberpunk" setting but only in appearance, there's no deeper meaning, no themes, no message to be brought. The characters is the only good aspect of the narrative with characters ala Silverhand (with Keanu amazing performance), Takemura and Panam carrying the game. Aside from that, I couldn't care less with what's happening because nothing feels real, no theme, nothing. The narrative of the game could've been generated from AI Dungeon and I wouldn't even be able to tell a difference.

Also, it's fucking RIDICULOUS how much the game expect you to read all the text that you get picking up items from the world to contextualize it (and it does a shit job at that). It's ridiculous. Show, don't fucking tell.

The sidequests that were supposed to be interesting is nothing more than "Go there, shoot guys, pick up items, with here and there rescuing someone in between". Skyrim that is a game from the PS3 era had sidequests FAR more interesting than that and they CLEARLY had enough time on how to make interesting sidequests, and they failed spectacularly at that.

Also, the background? A fucking joke, Nomad Street Kid or Corp are literally 15 min long and doesn't impact in anything the game has to offer, Nomad has a thing about you being in a clan but you never end up knowing what's up with that, the only tidbits you get is that V sometimes will mention it with Nomad dialogue options. Also, that montage that everyone gets of you doing gigs with Jackie? Fucking disappointing, I wanted to do all of this and that it would lead up to the big heist.

Overall, it's completely disastrous and shameful that a game with this much TIME and MONEY had feels worse than a PS3 era game. Also let's not mention all the controversies regarding minorities and crunch in this game, what a fucking dumpster fire this shit is. I don't want to ever deal with CDPR, all the good will they had gathered with The Witcher 3 is completely gone.

And I can't believe I bought this digital, because I was completely sure it wouldn't be that bad, right? There's no way that this is a game that I would want to resell after.

Oh you sweet summer child...

GrubChub

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hats being armor without a hide option may be the dumbest thing I've seen, especially since wearing a hat makes you bald in any mirror.
Yeah, really shocked at no hide helmet feature. I hate the way most of the hats look, but don't want to be at a disadvantage armor wise.

Unless it's for a quest, you should be able to unequip any one-sie type suit, IIRC?

That's the thing... This one has a quest marker or something on it. Hope they fix this soon, because it really sucks.

LNBL

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
i've gotten used to Quality mode and 30FPS on Series X, think i'll just stick with it for now.

Oct 25, 2017
As much as I am enjoying this game, their apology for the PS4 and Xbox version is asbolute garbage and anyone who believed the trash they peddled in there I feel bad for you, they straight up lied and force fed everyone crap. Saying you're going to update the game is the least you can do, it is a terrible response that no one should be happy with.