• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Epileptic PSA: There are reports that animations and flashing lights in this game can cause seizures. Read this article for more information

Why is there controversy surrounding CD Projekt Red and Cyberpunk 2077?

CD Projekt Red has a history of transphobia. This is well documented at this point and not a matter of debate. Due to this context there is particular concern about transphobic or insensitive content in Cyberpunk 2077 itself, such as the decision to tie gender to voice in the character creator, and trans fetishization in illustrations in the game—and these are just examples from prerelease footage. Additionally, there have been concerns about racist imagery and stereotyping. This article goes into depth about some of these issues.

What incidents of transphobia have occurred surrounding the game and the company, and why are they hurtful?

This list will be updated over time as more examples come to light, especially as the game releases and more content is uncovered. If you wish to have something added to this list, please send me a DM and get my attention.

Why is ResetEra allowing an official thread for this game?

There has been a lot of discussion about whether there should even be an official thread for Cyberpunk 2077, and many points of view were considered for this decision. Ultimately, a thread like this can serve as a platform for minority concerns to be aired and discussed respectfully, and given appropriate attention. We've also heard from minority members, including some trans members, who have asked for a space where they can talk about the game without needing to worry about trolling and bigoted posting. We expect all posters in the thread to extend the consideration and empathy to give them that space. We will be moderating as strictly as necessary to make sure they do.

What can I do to help fight transphobia?

Transphobia exists in many aspects of our lives. From casual discrimination such as the continuous misuse of a person's preferred pronouns, to more serious ramifications such as housing being denied, legal rights being taken away, and being discriminated in the legal system. Every trans person either has experienced transphobia in their lives, or will experience transphobia at some point.

Moreover, transphobia is a systematic issue that is present in every level of our society. Politicians fight to take away our rights. Celebrities use coded language and religious justifications, if not outright hostility, in order to continue to deny our existence. Media continues to portray us as the butt of a joke, or acts like we're something to be fascinated by, rather than treated with respect.

Actions speak louder than words: Become active in your local politics, donate to transgender causes, stand up for these issues wherever they arise, and if you know transgender people in your life be there for them and support them.

Here are some pro-trans organizations around the world where you can make a donation and show your support
  • For those of you in the US, The Trevor Project is one of the leading LGBT organizations. They are dedicated to crisis intervention and suicide prevention for people who are in need of support, love, and care.
  • For those of you in the UK, Mermaids is dedicated to the support of transgender, non-binary, and gender-diverse children, young adults, and their families. They have been around since 1995, and have been one of the most vocal voices speaking out against transphobia in the UK, including showing the dangers that transphobia imposes upon our youth.
  • If you would like to donate to CDPR's native country of Poland, you can find the Trans-Fuzja Foundation website here. The Trans-Fuzja Foundation has been around since 2008, and is dedicated to the support of transgender people in Poland in many aspects of life and society, including politics.
We are your friends. We are your family members. We're your coworkers. We're the people you meet on the street. We're the essential workers who keep society running in a pandemic. We're everywhere. We're not some sort of freak or joke, and we're not going away.

I want to give major thanks to Uzzy for lending her talent, time, and effort in putting together graphics and material for this official thread. Without her, this would not have been possible on such short notice. I would also like to give a shout out and thanks to Kyuuji for allowing me to use images and links from her own thread for this posts.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Lol yikes

i mean, is this fixable? I assume so, but I'm not a dev
It's clearly by design. They probably couldn't come up with a good solution for the cop system, so this is what they decided.

The world is more complex than your average open world games where buildings are basically just dressings and most can't be entered. But in Cyberpunk, there is a lot of complex buildings, as well as verticality. It's probably too complex to program the pathings for the cops to come after you if you're in such places (like what's demonstrated in that Reddit video). Could be doable, but considering how messy the current state of the game is, they must have not the resources to finalize that.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
It does not, because the series S and Series X version of the game doesn't exist yet.

The best (console) version of the game is the One X version.

oh wow, so the one X actually has two levels of graphics and the Pro does not......hence the existence of it on series X.

That is weird as fuck. How does one refresh console get options and the other does not............

Temperance

Oct 25, 2017
[NO 2FA]
Have 1 more crash of the 1.04 patch on PC with 20+ hours under my belt now. The main V icon is at 40% and what i have done of the main story has been great imo. I'm finished my session on a side job and the bits of story that are in this one is definitely a step above the gigs, i hope there's more like this across the game.

Final got a tech precision rifle and it fits with my playstyle when things go loud. I'm investing in Intelligence and Technical Ability for now. The quick hacks have quickly turned into high damage tools that compliment my sneaking intrusions. This game has dug deep, i can see myself clearing out the whole map of activities at this point

From what my PS5 friend has said, multiple crashes in his daily playtime. Constant saving in necessary to keep them from losing too much progress.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
Anyone with a 3070 can give me tips for getting good raytracing performance at 1440p? I care mostly about the raytraced reflections since, you know, cyberpunk.

I don't feel comfortable aiming with a mouse unless the game is running at 80+ FPS...

I tried, but no matter how much i compromised, it isnt possible to maintain a high framerate. (my cpu is a i7 10700k)

Even when setting every "normal" setting to medium (textures on high) and turning ray traced lighting, shadows off and just leaving reflections on and putting DLSS to balanced, i STILL kept getting drops under 60 in the more dense areas of the city. Sure, my avg fps was good (75-80) but the consistency is the problem, and not even gsync can make it any better here.

I just gave up. And tbh I find DLSS incredibly blurry on anything other than quality.

Nekrono

May 17, 2018
Anyone with a 3070 can give me tips for getting good raytracing performance at 1440p? I care mostly about the raytraced reflections since, you know, cyberpunk.

I don't feel comfortable aiming with a mouse unless the game is running around 80 FPS or more...
Try out the settings I posted a few minutes ago, you might have to go down to DLSS Performance or Auto though, or you might not I'm not sure, If I remove the 60 FPS lock I get around 70-80 FPS so you could possibly use the same settings that I am.

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I'm finding it really hard to justify using the raytracing on my 2070S.

With the digital foundry recommended settings, at 1440p + DLSS quality, I get 75-85 FPS in the city. Lowest dip I've seen is 70 flat.

With the same settings but raytraced reflections on + raytraced lighting on medium, and lowering DLSS to balanced instead of quality, I get about 40 FPS. All RT settings on and I'm in the 30-35 range (very very rare to go below the 30 line, though).

RT looks great but non RT looks great too, and having literally half the frames with RT on kind of negates the visual improvement.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
oh wow, so the one X actually has two levels of graphics and the Pro does not......hence the existence of it on series X.

That is weird as fuck. How does one refresh console get options and the other does not............

Because the One X has a significantly stronger GPU than the PS4 pro because it released a year later. It's able to pull off higher resolutions and fancier effects. So when the One X or Series X runs that game its going to have additional options.

The One X version of last gen games has *always* been better than PS4 pro versions of last gen games. This isn't new.

All the PS5 is doing right now is running the PS4 Pro version with an unlocked framerate. You can't really do too much more than that with a patch without breaking compatibility.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

I think they offered a 30fps option on XSX because the framerate is quite inconsistent in the 60fps performance mode, where it's essentially routinely dropping below 60fps (even in segments with no traffic or NPC's).

Conversely, despite the PS5 version having less traffic/NPC density, it does manage to hold a near locked 60fps with only occasional drops.

Personally I'm still gravitating towards the XSX version, for the added resolution and density with the 30fps mode, though I can see many preferring the PS5 version for its smoother frame rate. PS5 really should have gotten a quality mode too.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
From our first meeting I was gunning to romance Meredith Stout.

And, uh...

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
I'm finding it really hard to justify using the raytracing on my 2070S.

With the digital foundry recommended settings, at 1440p + DLSS quality, I get 75-85 FPS in the city. Lowest dip I've seen is 70 flat.

With the same settings but raytraced reflections ON + raytraced lighting on medium, and lowering DLSS to balanced instead of quality, I get about 40 FPS. All RT settings on and I'm in the 30-35 range (very very rare to go below the 30 line, though).

RT looks great but non RT looks great too, and having literally half the frames with RT on kind of negates the visual improvement.

Yea honestly I would't bother and lowering the DLSS below quality just takes a massive dump on the image quality, at which point I'd rather not have RT.

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
I liked it, but I think CDPR kind of shit the bed with Act 1. Act 2 is so much better than Act 1 it is insane. The main jobs are really top tier, but even some of the gigs are just way better than they have any business being.

Mik317

Oct 25, 2017
Ok finally reached act 2. Kinda by mistake lol wanted to ramble around a bit.

This is not my normal cup of tea. Bounced off of Fallout and Skyrims of the world. But the setting tho (also got a neat deal).

This is neat. Held together by tape and rubber bands tho. Looks like ass on the ps5. Had one crash; got stuck on a table during a fight but other than that its been fine but you can feel it straining on itself.

Story is interesting and Female V's VA is fucking crushin it. Not sure I will beat it as I feel like I will get bored like I do with a lot of games...but its fine. Not the world changer it was hyped to be and damn sure not worth all of the stress the pre-release was...getting banned over this game would be the lamest game to do so over lol.

Ducayne

Oct 27, 2017
So now after getting a feel for the scope of the game and it's mechanics, the pitch of 'first person offers us more immersion' is a farce. I wanted it to be 3rd person, and reluctantly believed first person would offer the best experience with their sales pitch. After games like RDR2 offering both at launch, it's really disappointing we don't have an option for it, especially with stealth being so broken in first person view.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People in here saying you're running 80-90 fps with a 2080s maxed, yeah stop. Maybe just the intro section otherwise you're full of shit
1440p as you are saying is not maxed if y'all are saying that. Basically just calling your shit.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
My outfit is hilariously bad right now. It's early Fallout 3 levels of bad, when you're just scrounging random piece of armor that give you the highest rating. Are there any good armor sets you guys recommend? Ideally something that's somewhat aesthetically pleasing and provides an adequate level of protection?

Same. I actually drove all around the city to clothing stores trying to find some stuff that made me look better than ridiculous, and eventually gave up. The Fallout comparison is a good one.

I've mostly been sticking to the Arasaka armor when I can, with the long-sleeve shirts underneath (if you wear a tank top it looks weird).

At this point I'm just hoping the clothing gets better looking as you get into more expensive stuff.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
People in here saying you're running 80-90 fps with a 2080s maxed, yeah stop. Maybe just the intro section otherwise you're full of shit

mate I've seen people on reddit claim they are playing at 1080p high with an rx 580 and 4 core i5 and getting stable 60 fps.

it happens every time, but it always makes me chuckle, why cant i have one of those magical unicorn versions of the game for once?

Aug 4, 2020
Well I just finished the pick up job for Dex which was fun. Now I have log full of side quest stuff to do. Is it worth exploring the city to find gear or should I stick to the main and side missions?

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
mate I've seen people on reddit claim they are playing at 1080p high with an rx 580 and 4 core i5 and getting stable 60 fps.

it happens every time, but it always makes me chuckle, why cant i have one of those magical unicorn versions of the game for once?

Yeah it's like ok I'll trust all kind of official perf analysis from actual journalists and also a bunch of my buds reporting pretty similar things vs like yo my 2080s runs this totally maxed 1440p 80-90fps.

Yeah, no. Like what even is the motivation lol? I hope it involves getting paid otherwise it's ridiculous

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017

Well, the One X and Ps4 pro are not exactly equal in terms of CPU, RAM, and GPU so it's not crazy to understand why the One X could push a second option visually a bit easier. MS also has a marketing deal with CDPR, so that may have had an influence.

BigTnaples

Oct 30, 2017
God damn this game is amazing.
wJBRlFk.jpg
5UCPrSi.jpg

PC2I5DJ.jpg

yav1Nn2.jpg

Well done CDPR, well done.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I'm really missing
Jackie Welles, big lug grew in me. Keanu is cool but Jackie was more on my level where as silver hand is basically a terrorist

Heatster101

Oct 27, 2017
Found the Digital Foundry PC video really good, got it running now between 60 and 70 FPS at 1440p on my 2060
That's without Ray Tracing, the hit is just too much with it on

Last edited:

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Any clue on why I should pick up the Mantis Blades instead of using a katana?

Honestly the only interesting arm cyberwear is the Projectile launcher with infinite ammo.

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lol and another one with no context about what they are running and I guarantee that shit drops into the 20s if they were actually paying attention

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This post made me lol following some of those previous on this page

(I have no horse in this race as I'm still waiting for a 3080 to not disappear out of my shopping cart)

These posts in here I guarantee you are completely garabage and only represent literally the best shit these people have seen if they are even looking at an actual perf overlay

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'll be so engrossed in the atmosphere at times and then I'll see some stupid ads and it takes me out of the experience. I wish there was an option to toggle which ones we don't want to see.

Abi

Jun 3, 2020
So I punched Placide after he tried to kill me. When I left Pacifica he sent me a message telling me to watch my back. I scared.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Over 10 hours in now and yeah, everyone who says the game gets better in Act 2 is totally right. I'm quite addicted to it now.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
This ruined the moment lol

Mod Edit: Added Spoiler Tags

Last edited by a moderator:

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
1440p as you are saying is not maxed if y'all are saying that. Basically just calling your shit.
Not sure if this is calling out my post earlier in the thread, but I should have specified that I have zero Ray Tracing on.

Never really played anything with it on, despite owning an RTX card, so I tend to forget about it when discussing settings.

Nov 1, 2017
I have a 5800X and the fix really did help. Previously, using DLSS at 4K in any mode under Quality, I would frequently see GPU utilization top out at 75-80%. Now I'm pulling a normal 97-99%.

Settings-wise, with a 3090, I'm playing in Performance mode with volumetric clouds and screen space reflections at medium, and ray tracing on Psycho. I'm getting a pretty stable 60 fps with some driving dips to 55.

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So re-installing PC version did not help the crashing, but I think I managed to get out of the crashing by finishing the food factory mission. Time will tell.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Silverhand is a fantastic next-step of Arkham Knight's Joker. Keanu does a great job voice-acting and his presence is nicely integrated into all kinds of side quests

flipswitch

Oct 25, 2017
Without ray tracing GI, so basically console versions, what techniques are they using for their 24hr day night cycle? Are they just pre-baking different times of day and slowly blending them in, such as RDR2 , H:ZD?

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if this is calling out my post earlier in the thread, but I should have specified that I have zero Ray Tracing on.

Never really played anything with it on, despite owning an RTX card, so I tend to forget about it when discussing settings.

I mean honestly I still don't even buy it but stop rolling around fps with an rtx card while not running RT. It obviously very full of shit if you don't disclaim that.