• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Epileptic PSA: There are reports that animations and flashing lights in this game can cause seizures. Read this article for more information

Why is there controversy surrounding CD Projekt Red and Cyberpunk 2077?

CD Projekt Red has a history of transphobia. This is well documented at this point and not a matter of debate. Due to this context there is particular concern about transphobic or insensitive content in Cyberpunk 2077 itself, such as the decision to tie gender to voice in the character creator, and trans fetishization in illustrations in the game—and these are just examples from prerelease footage. Additionally, there have been concerns about racist imagery and stereotyping. This article goes into depth about some of these issues.

What incidents of transphobia have occurred surrounding the game and the company, and why are they hurtful?

This list will be updated over time as more examples come to light, especially as the game releases and more content is uncovered. If you wish to have something added to this list, please send me a DM and get my attention.

Why is ResetEra allowing an official thread for this game?

There has been a lot of discussion about whether there should even be an official thread for Cyberpunk 2077, and many points of view were considered for this decision. Ultimately, a thread like this can serve as a platform for minority concerns to be aired and discussed respectfully, and given appropriate attention. We've also heard from minority members, including some trans members, who have asked for a space where they can talk about the game without needing to worry about trolling and bigoted posting. We expect all posters in the thread to extend the consideration and empathy to give them that space. We will be moderating as strictly as necessary to make sure they do.

What can I do to help fight transphobia?

Transphobia exists in many aspects of our lives. From casual discrimination such as the continuous misuse of a person's preferred pronouns, to more serious ramifications such as housing being denied, legal rights being taken away, and being discriminated in the legal system. Every trans person either has experienced transphobia in their lives, or will experience transphobia at some point.

Moreover, transphobia is a systematic issue that is present in every level of our society. Politicians fight to take away our rights. Celebrities use coded language and religious justifications, if not outright hostility, in order to continue to deny our existence. Media continues to portray us as the butt of a joke, or acts like we're something to be fascinated by, rather than treated with respect.

Actions speak louder than words: Become active in your local politics, donate to transgender causes, stand up for these issues wherever they arise, and if you know transgender people in your life be there for them and support them.

Here are some pro-trans organizations around the world where you can make a donation and show your support
  • For those of you in the US, The Trevor Project is one of the leading LGBT organizations. They are dedicated to crisis intervention and suicide prevention for people who are in need of support, love, and care.
  • For those of you in the UK, Mermaids is dedicated to the support of transgender, non-binary, and gender-diverse children, young adults, and their families. They have been around since 1995, and have been one of the most vocal voices speaking out against transphobia in the UK, including showing the dangers that transphobia imposes upon our youth.
  • If you would like to donate to CDPR's native country of Poland, you can find the Trans-Fuzja Foundation website here. The Trans-Fuzja Foundation has been around since 2008, and is dedicated to the support of transgender people in Poland in many aspects of life and society, including politics.
We are your friends. We are your family members. We're your coworkers. We're the people you meet on the street. We're the essential workers who keep society running in a pandemic. We're everywhere. We're not some sort of freak or joke, and we're not going away.

I want to give major thanks to Uzzy for lending her talent, time, and effort in putting together graphics and material for this official thread. Without her, this would not have been possible on such short notice. I would also like to give a shout out and thanks to Kyuuji for allowing me to use images and links from her own thread for this posts.

Tenrius

For the Snark was a Boojum, you see
Oct 25, 2017
Where do I find the side quests? It feels like all I have are the main story missions and random icons in my map that are just one combat encounter.
The more substantial sidequests show up once you finish act 1, quite a lot of them. It's really like Hinterlands in DA3 or White Orchard in TW3. There's just a couple of story missions to do, so focus on those.

Grimmy11

Oct 28, 2017
Can you eventually get handguns that one shot with headshots? It's a bit weird than you can equip suppressors for stealth but all the enemies are bullet sponges, making them pointless.

I am hearing from a lot of people that the Series X doesn't crash nearly as much as the PS5. Can anyone speak to this? It seems like Quality Mode on Series X is the best console has to offer right now.

I'm 22 hours in on Series X and no crashes, no major bugs for me either, just the usual minor ones and jank you normally get in most open world RPGs. I've been playing on quality mode since I'm not that framerate sensitive and it's a big improvement. I think it can look great in places, especially for a game of it's scale.

drvY1vV.jpg

qnf968I.jpg

6Aqeq60.jpg

I think there's greater NPC density on quality mode too.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Performance on my 1070 is pretty rough :(.... Here's hoping for some optimization
About that, turns out the PC version's config files are geared toward the base Xbone and PS4.

People have gotten significant performance bumps editing the memory config file.

I'm about to try it myself, along with enabling multi-threadding for AMD CPUs.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
I decided to see what it's like with rtx off and using the ultra preset with quality dlss, definitely saves fps, i'm averaging over 70fps now compared to between 40-50 with rtx on. Lighting still looks good too, but the rtx glow really does add something to the atmosphere.

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The perks and upgrades are so overwhelming, I worry I'm putting stuff into the wrong path and I'll regret it. I was thinking of focusing on Hacking but I find it a bit cumbersome..I also picked up a Katana and it feels way better to use than any guns

I have played 15 hours and i am at the start of Act 2 and i have used maybe 3-4 points for perks and upgrades because i fear i will mess up.

Nov 10, 2017
About that, turns out the PC version's config files are geared toward the base Xbone and PS4.

People have gotten significant performance bumps editing the memory config file.

Is this AMD Specific?

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Game fucking sucks.

Chose Corpo background. Literally crashes at the same spot every time, right when I walk up to the elevator, after leaving the bathroom.

Every. Freaking. Time.

I should just refund and wait for the "Definitive Edition" in six month's time.

Oct 25, 2017

Haven't numerous posters debunked that this does anything at all, to the point that they have deleted the file in question.

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
My stash is completely broken on PS5. I can't put anything in it anymore, and it no longer shows the items I had in it. It's a shame because I think I accidentally sold one of Johnny Silverhand's clothing items, which you need for a Trophy. FML.

oofouchugh

Oct 29, 2017
Night City
Can you eventually get handguns that one shot with headshots? It's a bit weird than you can equip suppressors for stealth but all the enemies are bullet sponges, making them pointless.

Are you looking at raw dps or actual damage numbers? You can easily one shot people with headshots from stealth but you generally need slow high damage pistols like revolvers, there are also a ton of perks that help out. I was doing it pretty early in the game.

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
This is how my character looks right now:
20201214_014149wrj24.png

Still haven't found that perfect headgear.

Oh, and I just bought the Missile Launcher for the arm and... ehm... lets say that my enemies' limbs are now everywhere on the battlefield.

VE3TRO

Oct 25, 2017
ESSEX, UK
So while I really want to play this I was thinking of holding out until the next gen patch arrives in 2021 for XSX, would you guys say its worth holding out until next year for improvements and fixes? I can get an XSX tomorrow but also thought just waiting since I don't have anything else I want to play on it right now.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Is this AMD Specific?
That one is platform agnostic.

Haven't numerous posters debunked that this does anything at all, to the point that they have deleted the file in question.
I've come across some posts where people said it did nothing, but all but one neglected to list system specs, and the one I did see where they listed system specs, they were using a 970.

And this isn't even a downloadable file, so there's nothing to delete.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Man I've never had a game crash this much outside of the fucking Deadly Premonition pc port.

Just insane it was released in this state on consoles, or even at all with all the bugs and utterly useless map that hides some of the best content. We need those investor leaks already to show who held cdpr at gunpoint

Grimmy11

Oct 28, 2017
Are you looking at raw dps or actual damage numbers? You can easily one shot people with headshots from stealth but you generally need slow high damage pistols like revolvers, there are also a ton of perks that help out. I was doing it pretty early in the game.

Cool, I'll have a look around. Sometimes when stealthing around I want to pick someone off without approaching them or setting the alarm off. Might see if I can find a decent powered revolver.

tragic

Developer
Verified
Nov 28, 2018
Austin, TX
Anyone find a fast way to level up Athletics? All of my stuff is maxed out (for their level) except Athletics. Already finished the game and put another 10+ hours into side quests, and Athletics is still 4 out of 11 (current max Body). Even my crafting is like 13. I read that "wasting stamina" is the way to do it, but it seems soooooooooooo slow. I literally run around the map swinging my blade to waste stamina and every 3 or 4 full bars I get +20 Athletics.

Sunnz

Apr 16, 2019

I found a legendary revolver that does like 1500 damage with headshot crit,easy 1taps or two if chest, real handcanon.
Found it at level 9, now 11 and still 1 taps.

Pacote

Oct 25, 2017
São Paulo
Changing Memory pool net me 15 to 20fps!

Damn this game REALLY is unfinished

Im really enjoying the game playing only the main and side mission but AS SOON as you try GTA this bitch it gets REALLY Really bad

and this slayed me

GdrjTo0.png

tno1xqP.png

img]https://i.imgur.com/Msw7jMu.png[/img]

BfX0olf.png

netprints

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone find a fast way to level up Athletics? All of my stuff is maxed out (for their level) except Athletics. Already finished the game and put another 10+ hours into side quests, and Athletics is still 4 out of 11 (current max Body). Even my crafting is like 13. I read that "wasting stamina" is the way to do it, but it seems soooooooooooo slow. I literally run around the map swinging my blade to waste stamina and every 3 or 4 full bars I get +20 Athletics.
I randomly get xp in it with I jump. So I just run around and jump a lot. Feels like I'm playing Oblivion.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
So while I really want to play this I was thinking of holding out until the next gen patch arrives in 2021 for XSX, would you guys say its worth holding out until next year for improvements and fixes? I can get an XSX tomorrow but also thought just waiting since I don't have anything else I want to play on it right now.
Wait.

I fell or the hype the day prior (mostly my sisters fault and coworkers fault) so I bit. I'm enjoying the gameplay and the core story so I'm not miffed (and this is literally the only game I've gotten this year at close full price, so I'm even less bothered so I can justify it by spreading some cost out to other games retroactively), but I still suggest waiting for the upgrade patch and other optimizations.

hammurabi

Oct 27, 2017
This game has problems, but I think it's one of the moat compelling open worlds ever for me.

The city is unlike any other place I've ever visited in a game and I'm frequently stopping to take it in - something that rarely happens with me.

Stealthy headshots are my go to, with a smattering to hacks if shit gets wild. Finding it fun and satisfying after unlocking a few key perks.
I agree. What BotW did for landscapes CP2077 does for Cities. It's absolutely fantastic.

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
if you feed the cat around the corner near your apartment it will come live with you :)

antispin

Oct 27, 2017

Personal opinion: XSX quality mode is actually pretty good. Looks great, plays great, just some open world jank. No bugs/glitches so far.

Having said that, it's a good idea to wait on this new release if you can.

LoadRunner

Sep 19, 2020
I'm on PS5 and had a crash while driving last night. I'm in Act 2 and finally got a chance to run around the city, literally, and man traffic and ped traffic is so sad, this is my issue with playing it right now.

I reported the error and it gave me an option to attach a picture and/or video so I said yes. I didn't know this was a thing but that's kinda cool, whatever it takes to help fix the game. I keep going back and forth whether to just wait for the next gen update as PC looks sublime. I just can't wait that long so I'm just going to just free roam and not advance the story anymore until a few more patches....hopefully we get a clearer idea of when the next gen update will drop soon, I'm assuming Spring but it'd be awesome to get it sooner...like ASAP.

Feb 4, 2018

I'm having a blast on Quality mode on XSX right now, and seeing as it's the definitive way to play it in consoles right now, I'd say jump in.

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Well I beat the game and decided to just mess around with more sidequests. The issue I'm running into is that once I finally can start grabbing the top-end perks and equipment... it doesn't matter as every combat encounter becomes super easy. I can't really seem to find any new content that actually lets me put it all into practice or make it matter at all. I'm playing on hard.

mere_immortal

Oct 25, 2017
Just under 20 hours and got the titlecard!

Is there anything that identifies the meatier sidequests from the more standard 'go to place, get thing/person/etc.' stuff?