• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Transistor

Outer Wilds Ventures Test Pilot
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Epileptic PSA: There are reports that animations and flashing lights in this game can cause seizures. Read this article for more information

Why is there controversy surrounding CD Projekt Red and Cyberpunk 2077?

CD Projekt Red has a history of transphobia. This is well documented at this point and not a matter of debate. Due to this context there is particular concern about transphobic or insensitive content in Cyberpunk 2077 itself, such as the decision to tie gender to voice in the character creator, and trans fetishization in illustrations in the game—and these are just examples from prerelease footage. Additionally, there have been concerns about racist imagery and stereotyping. This article goes into depth about some of these issues.

What incidents of transphobia have occurred surrounding the game and the company, and why are they hurtful?

This list will be updated over time as more examples come to light, especially as the game releases and more content is uncovered. If you wish to have something added to this list, please send me a DM and get my attention.

Why is ResetEra allowing an official thread for this game?

There has been a lot of discussion about whether there should even be an official thread for Cyberpunk 2077, and many points of view were considered for this decision. Ultimately, a thread like this can serve as a platform for minority concerns to be aired and discussed respectfully, and given appropriate attention. We've also heard from minority members, including some trans members, who have asked for a space where they can talk about the game without needing to worry about trolling and bigoted posting. We expect all posters in the thread to extend the consideration and empathy to give them that space. We will be moderating as strictly as necessary to make sure they do.

What can I do to help fight transphobia?

Transphobia exists in many aspects of our lives. From casual discrimination such as the continuous misuse of a person's preferred pronouns, to more serious ramifications such as housing being denied, legal rights being taken away, and being discriminated in the legal system. Every trans person either has experienced transphobia in their lives, or will experience transphobia at some point.

Moreover, transphobia is a systematic issue that is present in every level of our society. Politicians fight to take away our rights. Celebrities use coded language and religious justifications, if not outright hostility, in order to continue to deny our existence. Media continues to portray us as the butt of a joke, or acts like we're something to be fascinated by, rather than treated with respect.

Actions speak louder than words: Become active in your local politics, donate to transgender causes, stand up for these issues wherever they arise, and if you know transgender people in your life be there for them and support them.

Here are some pro-trans organizations around the world where you can make a donation and show your support
  • For those of you in the US, The Trevor Project is one of the leading LGBT organizations. They are dedicated to crisis intervention and suicide prevention for people who are in need of support, love, and care.
  • For those of you in the UK, Mermaids is dedicated to the support of transgender, non-binary, and gender-diverse children, young adults, and their families. They have been around since 1995, and have been one of the most vocal voices speaking out against transphobia in the UK, including showing the dangers that transphobia imposes upon our youth.
  • If you would like to donate to CDPR's native country of Poland, you can find the Trans-Fuzja Foundation website here. The Trans-Fuzja Foundation has been around since 2008, and is dedicated to the support of transgender people in Poland in many aspects of life and society, including politics.
We are your friends. We are your family members. We're your coworkers. We're the people you meet on the street. We're the essential workers who keep society running in a pandemic. We're everywhere. We're not some sort of freak or joke, and we're not going away.

I want to give major thanks to Uzzy for lending her talent, time, and effort in putting together graphics and material for this official thread. Without her, this would not have been possible on such short notice. I would also like to give a shout out and thanks to Kyuuji for allowing me to use images and links from her own thread for this posts.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Reeve's performance seems to be mostly much better than I expected. He really sells the character, has good sardonic delivery, buckets of charisma, and it comes across far better than it does in the majority of his performances in films.

Zularti

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else a mainline hacker. I'm like 20 points in hacking and basically base stats everywhere else. My problem is hacking is waaaaaay strong. I mean sure it took me a while to get like 24+ ram and some legendary quick hacks but man I can literally insta defeat most cyberpsychos with a hack.

I really do enjoy hacking but they need some enemies who can handle it. Like I'd like it if other netrunners could say System Reset me and it opens up the breach menu but instead of giving me inifite time for the first move the clock starts. With options like stop virus / copy virus / reverse virus or something.

in the tabletops typically the main counter to hackers is other better hackers or people who like cyberware, but in this game everyone has cyberware. Really they just need more negative netrunners with stronger skills.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Not having DLSS really is a pain in the ass when you are trying to squeeze every single frame out of the game. You don't want to go too far below 60 but you also don't want the game too look like garbage.

Exactly.

I could play it at 30fps if I really wanted but I want to get the best out of the game on PC after seeing how good it looks maxed out, so the game being a buggy mess has done me a favour, giving me time to upgrade, while they fix it over the next few months.

RealEvil

Nov 6, 2017
Early in the game.. some parts promising but I hate the menus? On PS5 you need to move the cursor like a mouse... And all the selection buttons seem slightly off. And the text is hard to read... Everything seems to be in the wrong place or I have to hunt for it...

Will carry on but having recently played AC Valhalla the difference in "quality" and consistency is huge. This feels like a janky PC port downscaled for console.

And not apples to apples but...compared to Miles Morales this game looks like a bad joke.

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
Found a street food vendor in Kabuki where I could just chill and eat Eezybeef and drink Chirrisco.

FdQr6PZ.jpg

I ate next to this dude. He says hello.

2BBpQ1I.jpg

For what little there is of interactivity, the immersion level is off the charts.

ofyiw8I.jpg

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Reeve's performance seems to be mostly much better than I expected. He really sells the character, has good sardonic delivery, buckets of charisma, and it comes across far better than it does in the majority of his performances in films.
I dunno, I think the role is way outside his range. He's such a nice guy but plays such an asshole in this and becomes less convincing for me as the game goes on

chespace

Hearthstone Esports Global Franchise Lead
Oct 27, 2017
its worth noting you can only get this if you have already completed the quest "ghost town"

(you may also need to advance time by 24 hours like i had to , for it to appear)

Yeah, I drove out there and there was no crate. I started as a corpo so I hadn't gone out to the badlands at all. Oh well.

GazRB

Oct 25, 2017

yeah he is great in this. Really awesome having him be a constant companion.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
I had a cutscene where Johnny was talking to my character and after he was done smoking a cigarette it just stayed stuck to the center of my screen until I exited the game and reloaded it. Lol

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
Behold PC users! Someone found the controller ini settings to switch the Select and Start buttons on controllers. 😂 Next up: finding a way to disable the yellow quest marker...

I can also recommend this performance tweak for improved performance.

I'm already eyeing proper asian character presets for the next playthrough too, some of it's already so good they should simply incorporate it into the game.
This "performance patch" removes my ability to select DLSS once I launch the game with it. The option is greyed out. More like ANTI performance patch, lol. If I remove the mod files and relaunch, the option is still greyed out! Thankfully rebooting the PC fixes it. Weird shit.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
There is an Ókami easter egg in the Act 2 mission "Down on the Street". If you look behind you at a certain point (don't want to spoil), there's a ship passing by named Ókami with a huge wolf statue on the deck.

Rixan

Oct 25, 2017
These settings worked very well for me using RTX 3080 and Ryzen 3700x with an LG C9 OLED (4K):

Graphics setting Ultra preset
- Modified Cascade shadow resolution to Medium (Basically no difference in quality for a big increase in FPS)
- Turned off Chromatic abberation
- Turned off Film grain

RTX Ultra preset
- Unchanged

DLSS Auto
- This appears a bit blurry compared to quality/balanced but gave me an extra 15fps at 4K
- Optional: I turned on Nvidia sharpening in Nvidia control panel to clean up some of the blurriness, left it at default values, program specific to Cyberpunk. (https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/ans...-image-sharpening-in-the-nvidia-control-panel)

GSYNC/VSYNC (optional)
- Turn on GSYNC in Nvidia control panel
- Turn ON VSYNC always on in Nvidia control panel, program specific to Cyberpunk (This is important to entirely remove tearing, GSYNC alone won't do this)
- Turn OFF VSYNC in Cyberpunk 2077 in game settings. (It's completely broken in game, crazy input lag)

Other optimizations:
- AMD Ryzen fix (https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/kbp0np/cyberpunk_2077_seems_to_ignore_smt_and_mostly/) This can give you up to 15% extra performance in some scenarios
- Change Cyberpunk 2077 Windows GPU utilisation to performance (https://www.onmsft.com/how-to/how-to-set-per-app-graphical-performance-settings-in-windows-10)

With the above settings I am getting close to 100% GPU utilization, 50+ FPS average outdoors in crowded scenes.

Thanks. If I ever find a 3080 this will be my exact setup as well

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno, I think the role is way outside his range. He's such a nice guy but plays such an asshole in this and becomes less convincing for me as the game goes on
I disagree, watching interviews with him he has a very dry sense of humour, and I think he's much better at sardonic and sarcastic than nice.

yeah he is great in this. Really awesome having him be a constant companion.
He seems to pop up in side quest quite often from what I gather, too. This part seems to be really well done.

GazRB

Oct 25, 2017
I disagree, watching interviews with him he has a very dry sense of humour, and I think he's much better at sardonic and sarcastic than nice.

He seems to pop up in side quest quite often from what I gather, too. This part seems to be really well done.

yeah I walked around the corner to see this disgusting area for a side quest and he pops up and just says "nice neighborhood". Stuff like that is really well done.

JustinBB7

Nov 16, 2017
Has anyone found a rifle or any other weapon to silently and stealthily incapacitate(or kill) enemies?Only sniper rifle i have is loud and I can't put a silencer on it

I got a silenced sniper rifle but I got it at the end of a major side quest chain. If you want it, just do the
Panam
quest line.

Oct 29, 2017
USA
My preliminary V:

EpI-yP-W4Aco_3x

I've only been running around the city a bit since I'm waiting for the proper PS5 version. Hopefully they have most of the worst issues ironed out by then. But I like what I've seen so far.

Azai

Jun 10, 2020
Im not sure but I think console games have Vsync turned on by default. If your frame rate in-game is below your monitor refresh rate it always feels super choppy. Even drops to 57 fps on a 60hz screen feel super jarring.
Set Vsync to 30hz in the settings and it should feel as smooth as on consoles. Could produce input lag though.

Ok like others said don't use the in-game settings to turn on Vsync. But definitely use Vsync for the same feel as on console

I have G-Sync and even with that it feels like a slideshow. but may be because I am used to 90-144 Fps in most shooters.
Probably just something you have to adjust to again.

I think it wouldnt even bother me to play at 30 fps after a while if it wasnt for the input lag that comes with lower framerates. In addition to the game having input lag even at higher frame rates that is. Even with Ultra Low Latency mode you get quite some input lag when the GPU hits 99%. Most other games dont have this problem.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
The gear in this game (at least in the early portions) makes you look like a PUBG character.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Latest update helped with the crashing for me, so that's nice.

Anyway, played over 28 hours now, think I'm nearing the end of the story quests. I've been enjoying the characters (I'm really enjoying Keanu as Johnny Silverhand) and story, the shooting surprisingly doesn't feel terrible for me. The AI is pretty bad, though, and the game does feel dated in terms of gameplay design in some of the missions, reminds me of Deus Ex: Human Revolution at times, which was, you know, almost 10 years ago. Some other missions have been solid, though, and side stuff has been good. Although, exploring the open-world is not fun for me at the moment with how bad it runs on the last-gen consoles.

Don't want to rail on the graphics too much since I'm playing on a last-gen console, but it's looks quite rough outside of mostly the scripted scenes. The game defo needed more time in development with the amount of bugs and glitches. These things can be fixed in time at least with patches and PS5/Series X versions being finished.

Overall, I am enjoying it quite a bit so far, but it's very rough right now.

Max A.

Oct 27, 2017
I decided to ditch my 3440x1440 monitor and went back to my old 1080p/60hz, cranked everything to maximum with full ray-tracing and 2x resolution. Holy shit, roaming around and looking at everything for hours was one of the most immersive experience I've ever had. I don't really care for the story so far, I just want to walk lol

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
You can. If you're just driving around you'll come up on side stuff.
How does that occur? Molnizzle mentioned there are ? marks on the map which are the superficial side quests, and the more complex side quests are given to you over phone. Can you get complex side quests through just walking/driving around and exploring without prompting?

FisherTea

May 24, 2020
One that gets me about the game is how much CDPR decided to show at events and shows. The majority of Act 1 had been shown, so you already knew what key events were going to happen before they took place. Kind of a bummer to be honest

Yeah this really bothered me, there is that one cinematic trailer that spoils several key moments in the early game. Completely ruined that section for me since I knew exactly what was going to happen.

mangopositive

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Looks like I could get 45 fps on medium with my 1080ti. Pass. Someone sell me a 3080 so I can download this thing. What's a few more months to wait for stock and patches?

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I decided to ditch my 3440x1440 monitor and went back to my old 1080p/60hz, cranked everything to maximum with full ray-tracing and 2x resolution. Holy shit, roaming around and looking at everything for hours was one of the most immersive experience I've ever had. I don't really care for the story so far, I just want to walk lol
1080p screens are underrated; you get top end performance with very little image quality sacrifices (imo). I probably won't get a 1440p screen for at least next 5 years.

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
These settings worked very well for me using RTX 3080 and Ryzen 3700x with an LG C9 OLED (4K):

Graphics setting Ultra preset
- Modified Cascade shadow resolution to Medium (Basically no difference in quality for a big increase in FPS)
- Turned off Chromatic abberation
- Turned off Film grain

RTX Ultra preset
- Unchanged

DLSS Auto
- This appears a bit blurry compared to quality/balanced but gave me an extra 15fps at 4K
- Optional: I turned on Nvidia sharpening in Nvidia control panel to clean up some of the blurriness, left it at default values, program specific to Cyberpunk. (https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/ans...-image-sharpening-in-the-nvidia-control-panel)

GSYNC/VSYNC (optional)
- Turn on GSYNC in Nvidia control panel
- Turn ON VSYNC always on in Nvidia control panel, program specific to Cyberpunk (This is important to entirely remove tearing, GSYNC alone won't do this)
- Turn OFF VSYNC in Cyberpunk 2077 in game settings. (It's completely broken in game, crazy input lag)

Other optimizations:
- AMD Ryzen fix (https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/kbp0np/cyberpunk_2077_seems_to_ignore_smt_and_mostly/) This can give you up to 15% extra performance in some scenarios
- Change Cyberpunk 2077 Windows GPU utilisation to performance (https://www.onmsft.com/how-to/how-to-set-per-app-graphical-performance-settings-in-windows-10)

With the above settings I am getting close to 100% GPU utilization, 50+ FPS average outdoors in crowded scenes.
Don't have a 3080 just a 1080 but damn I wish I could get Nvidia Control Panel to open up. It refuses to no matter how many times I reinstall it or wipe and reinstall drivers. Why oh why did they make it exclusively available through windows store...

Azai

Jun 10, 2020

almost 20 hours in and just spoke to Dex for the first time, lol.
was just walking around shooting enemies and exploring the map. I think the map shines outside of downtown. way more details and NPCs doing stuff. downtown looks very sterile in comparison.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
Wow I'm only like 30 miutes into the game and there has already been a 20 second montage that seems to skip about 20 hours of missions and character development.

What the fook, I've nver seen anything like this before in an RPG.
This seriously.

They couldn't respec a couple gigs as story missions with a fixer, at the least?

senj

Nov 6, 2017
How does that occur? Molnizzle mentioned there are ? marks on the map which are the superficial side quests, and the more complex side quests are given to you over phone. Can you get complex side quests through just walking/driving around and exploring without prompting?
Yes. It occurs in a variety of ways. In one, I was walking around an area someone (I don't want to get too specific) caught my eye and he was saying some really distraught shit and when I walked over to him I had the option to ask what was going on, which gave me the option to start a side quest

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
almost 20 hours in and just spoke to Dex for the first time, lol.
was just walking around shooting enemies and exploring the map. I think the map shines outside of downtown. way more details and NPCs doing stuff. downtown looks very sterile in comparison.
the dock areas is my favorite. With the one big ass apartment building in the middle; shops only close to it.

There is also a pretty kool dance bar over there, lets you crawl up on the side of the building and look at the city.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
I might simply be unattentive but I find it really hard to follow the back story of the missions. It doesn't help that the quest log is not giving a quick rundown of the mission background but fuck-laden flavortext

Max A.

Oct 27, 2017
1080p screens are underrated; you get top end performance with very little image quality sacrifices (imo). I probably won't get a 1440p screen for at least next 5 years.
You do lose some fidelity and the image is slightly blurrier, but with Reshade I was able to get a satisfying quality and I still have some GPU power to spare. A 3080 on a 1080/60 monitor is like infinite power lol

Don't have a 3080 just a 1080 but damn I wish I could get Nvidia Control Panel to open up. It refuses to no matter how many times I reinstall it or wipe and reinstall drivers. Why oh why did they make it exclusively available through windows store...
You tried NVIDIA Inspector? It's a more in-depth version of the control panel.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I was watching a good amount of random gameplay, exploration and side stuff (PC). Does this game give anyone the feeling of a empty eggshell? For example, the people and objects in the world look like they might have weight in a screenshot, but in motion, when the player interact with things they move and respond like a intact empty eggshell. From NPCs not moving their mouth when they talk, or not talking at all when the player try to interact, odd physics, animation glitches (random t-posed NPC gives me vibes of the tethered from the movie "US"), car behavior when it run into things and nearly flips over, etc. it just reminds me that there's nothing inside those polygons. Some games do well in conveying weight and mass to their world, but because of the bugs, and the way things behave now (looking forward to further developments and improvements in this game), it seem like this game is a simulation within a simulation which may add to a disconnect when trying to immerse yourself into the world.

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I was watching a good amount of random gameplay, exploration and side stuff (PC). Does this game give anyone the feeling of a empty eggshell? For example, the people and objects in the world look like they might have weight in a screenshot, but in motion, when the player interact with things they move and respond like a intact empty eggshell. From NPCs not moving their mouth when they talk, or not talking at all when the player try to interact, odd physics, animation glitches (random t-posed NPC gives me vibes of the tethered from the movie "US"), car behavior when it run into things and nearly flips over, etc. it just reminds me that there's nothing inside those polygons. Some games do well in conveying weight and mass to their world, but because of the bugs, and the way things behave now (looking forward to further developments and improvements in this game), it seem like this game is a simulation within a simulation which may add to a disconnect when trying to immerse yourself into the world.
ehh, I find it very immersive. I also wasn't coming into the game expecting RDR2.

To me, its basically witcher 3, in first person, in a huge city; which is exactly what I wanted.

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone else a mainline hacker. I'm like 20 points in hacking and basically base stats everywhere else. My problem is hacking is waaaaaay strong. I mean sure it took me a while to get like 24+ ram and some legendary quick hacks but man I can literally insta defeat most cyberpsychos with a hack.

I really do enjoy hacking but they need some enemies who can handle it. Like I'd like it if other netrunners could say System Reset me and it opens up the breach menu but instead of giving me inifite time for the first move the clock starts. With options like stop virus / copy virus / reverse virus or something.

in the tabletops typically the main counter to hackers is other better hackers or people who like cyberware, but in this game everyone has cyberware. Really they just need more negative netrunners with stronger skills.

yep, blazed through the game on normal because of the quickhacks. Stealth + Quickhacks + crits made it wayyyy too easy. I popped the final boss with 4 hacks off the back of massive crits.