• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Transistor

Vodka martini, dirty, with Tito's please
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Epileptic PSA: There are reports that animations and flashing lights in this game can cause seizures. Read this article for more information

Why is there controversy surrounding CD Projekt Red and Cyberpunk 2077?

CD Projekt Red has a history of transphobia. This is well documented at this point and not a matter of debate. Due to this context there is particular concern about transphobic or insensitive content in Cyberpunk 2077 itself, such as the decision to tie gender to voice in the character creator, and trans fetishization in illustrations in the game—and these are just examples from prerelease footage. Additionally, there have been concerns about racist imagery and stereotyping. This article goes into depth about some of these issues.

What incidents of transphobia have occurred surrounding the game and the company, and why are they hurtful?

This list will be updated over time as more examples come to light, especially as the game releases and more content is uncovered. If you wish to have something added to this list, please send me a DM and get my attention.

Why is ResetEra allowing an official thread for this game?

There has been a lot of discussion about whether there should even be an official thread for Cyberpunk 2077, and many points of view were considered for this decision. Ultimately, a thread like this can serve as a platform for minority concerns to be aired and discussed respectfully, and given appropriate attention. We've also heard from minority members, including some trans members, who have asked for a space where they can talk about the game without needing to worry about trolling and bigoted posting. We expect all posters in the thread to extend the consideration and empathy to give them that space. We will be moderating as strictly as necessary to make sure they do.

What can I do to help fight transphobia?

Transphobia exists in many aspects of our lives. From casual discrimination such as the continuous misuse of a person's preferred pronouns, to more serious ramifications such as housing being denied, legal rights being taken away, and being discriminated in the legal system. Every trans person either has experienced transphobia in their lives, or will experience transphobia at some point.

Moreover, transphobia is a systematic issue that is present in every level of our society. Politicians fight to take away our rights. Celebrities use coded language and religious justifications, if not outright hostility, in order to continue to deny our existence. Media continues to portray us as the butt of a joke, or acts like we're something to be fascinated by, rather than treated with respect.

Actions speak louder than words: Become active in your local politics, donate to transgender causes, stand up for these issues wherever they arise, and if you know transgender people in your life be there for them and support them.

Here are some pro-trans organizations around the world where you can make a donation and show your support
  • For those of you in the US, The Trevor Project is one of the leading LGBT organizations. They are dedicated to crisis intervention and suicide prevention for people who are in need of support, love, and care.
  • For those of you in the UK, Mermaids is dedicated to the support of transgender, non-binary, and gender-diverse children, young adults, and their families. They have been around since 1995, and have been one of the most vocal voices speaking out against transphobia in the UK, including showing the dangers that transphobia imposes upon our youth.
  • If you would like to donate to CDPR's native country of Poland, you can find the Trans-Fuzja Foundation website here. The Trans-Fuzja Foundation has been around since 2008, and is dedicated to the support of transgender people in Poland in many aspects of life and society, including politics.
We are your friends. We are your family members. We're your coworkers. We're the people you meet on the street. We're the essential workers who keep society running in a pandemic. We're everywhere. We're not some sort of freak or joke, and we're not going away.

I want to give major thanks to Uzzy for lending her talent, time, and effort in putting together graphics and material for this official thread. Without her, this would not have been possible on such short notice. I would also like to give a shout out and thanks to Kyuuji for allowing me to use images and links from her own thread for this posts.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Also there is so much loot. I scan constantly to pick up trash. I know I shouldn't, but I can't help it.

oofouchugh

Oct 29, 2017
Night City
Has anyone bothered buying additional vehicles yet? I get why its an option in the game but I just keep flipping my vehicles at side gigs and driving any random vehicle I can just for the variety. Definitely prefer how bikes handle though so I should probably buy one eventually.

Yibby

Nov 10, 2017
lol before and after the Hex edit
Cyberpunk 2077 used an Intel C++ compiler which hinders optimizations if run on non-Intel CPUs. Here's how to disable the check and gain 10-20% performance. : pcgaming (reddit.com)

It's like +5fps in GPU heavy scenes, so about 8%

TcdfSGL.png

F2BBm3ga

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
How the hell do I get to the garage? It's not on any elevator pads and I can't call my car with holding down v.

i dont think there is an "official" garage atm. Like there wasnt a stable for Roach in W3. Atm they seem to treat the vehicles same as Roach lol. Hold down the call ur ride button and you choose which one comes. There is a part of the game where you have to go get ur ride from the parking lot area to the left of your complex tho.

<correection> the parking lot to the left serves as your garage

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
I can't watch the DF analysis...has anyone got a tldr they can provide please? Thanks
Tl;dr: is that the Series X version seems more optimized right now, maybe due to their marketing partnership with Microsoft, so it has greater fidelity (e.g. denser crowds), but the framerate drops way more often from 60. The PS5 version is more consistently at 60fps, but appears to be running at basically PS4 Pro spec and needs optimization. So basically if you want detail and want the game right now, go for Series X, and if you want performance, go for PS5. The Series S version is surprisingly good looking and locked, albeit at 1080p.

Trace

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
That CPU tweak + the hotfix from the other day has me sitting at 60+ FPS pretty much all the time except third person in the car on a busy scene sometimes has me dropping to 50-ish with everything on Ultra/Psycho on a 3600 + RTX 3080. Pretty happy with performance now.

Yibby

Nov 10, 2017
At last i had a proper Deus Ex like mission.I had to find someone and convince her to drop an investigation or kill her.I went to her apartment block and ask around to find where she is.Then i ente

So one comment says to change the starting number from 75 to 74 and the other 75 to EB.Which one is correct?
I don't know, i changed it to the EB line like in the main post.

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
All these armor stats really don't matter, just playing stealth, with hacking and salient take downs. Pick what ever clothes look best.

senj

Nov 6, 2017
Hearing the patch made PC performance worse.

Don't have time to check it out atm.

Would like to hear some people's experiences with 1.04
Didn't really notice any difference, but this is with a beefy RTX card running RT and DLSS. Maybe it changed the screenspace algorithms or something.

Temperance

Oct 25, 2017
[NO 2FA]
is there a way to stop that humming that's constantly heard everywhere in the menu? I don't know about anyone else but It's going to drive me even more crazy, what an annoying SE.

Dever

Dec 25, 2019
Now, these are the words I would have never thought could be uttered couple weeks back. 2020 is something else, just keeps on giving.

It was completely predictable. Games that try to wow people with "Whooa it's so real!!" will always have gameplay depth of a puddle. A game that looked as good as CP2077 but had actually deep and complex RPG systems and meaningful choices would take like 20 years to develop lol

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
I finished my PC build a day before this game dropped, and it looks amazing on my CX.

I experienced some bugs and the world is less immersive than advertised, but this game is my jam so far.

A lot of the last gen footage I saw is so rough. The game was not ready for primetime. I knew I needed a 3080 or higher card once I saw the promotional material with Nvidia. I'm averaging 70-80 fps in 4k with all relevant settings maxed and using performance or ultra performance mode.

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
I have super slow internet currently, and have only downloaded 2 GB of the 16 GB patch, and the Series X won't even launch the game while the patch is downloading.

So I guess I'm not playing tonight.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
It always looked good in quality mode on Series X, that's nothing new. :D
Areas were always dense for me and the IQ was extremely clean. 🤷‍♂️
The game already looked great in quality mode. I'll update now to see if there's a diff, would be wild if it looks even better.
There was some vaseline look over it. In both modes. Thats gone now. They even said that in the patch notes. The image is even cleaned up more.

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
I haven't noticed issues with my performance, but would this provide a bump for those with a 5900X?

In CPU bottlenecked scenarios yea, if you are experiencing those. It may also increase 1% frametime lows. The issue is that the game doesn't take advantage of Ryzen threads. So on a 5900X you have 12 cores which the game uses well, but 24 threads that the game does not take full advantage of.

This is important because Ryzen CPUs sacrifice some single core performance in order to offer those threads.

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
During the first 1-2 hours of the game you are just inundated with character names, acquaintances, meet-ups, etc. Before you even get to Dex you have this Regina person calling you every 5 minutes with a new mission. V even has a line about not knowing who the hell this person is. Yet they keep randomly calling you with a new mission.

It's the exact opposite of how you want to open a game like this.
Yeah, totally. It's so off-putting.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
3080 folks, what settings are you using that can hold 60 fps at 1440p? Game looks great maxed out but it drops to 45 in the open city and is quite annoying.

Considering just dropping all the RTX stuff and going without it...

Quoting to bump, but anyone got any recommendations on settings to turn down that cause the biggest impact? Heard cascading shadows so far.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Also here is a video showing how to do the hex editing (found within the Reddit thread)

streamable.com

Watch MoRFi8z51o | Streamable

Watch "MoRFi8z51o" on Streamable.

In CPU bottlenecked scenarios yea, if you are experiencing those. It may also increase 1% frametime lows. The issue is that the game doesn't take advantage of Ryzen threads. So on a 5900X you have 12 cores which the game uses well, but 24 threads that the game does not take full advantage of.

This is important because Ryzen CPUs sacrifice some single core performance in order to offer those threads.
Thanks for the insight!

Oct 25, 2017
I just went to the Delamain mission in Pacifica, started slicing some gangers and accidentally killed one of the civilians running around. Cops teleported around me and I gained 3 wanted stars before alt-f4ing the game.

I think I should get a refund for this broken fucking game.

Stoopkid

Oct 27, 2017
Is it me or does everything just get sorta overwhelming at times. I had no idea what I was doing for a while.