• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Epileptic PSA: There are reports that animations and flashing lights in this game can cause seizures. Read this article for more information

Why is there controversy surrounding CD Projekt Red and Cyberpunk 2077?

CD Projekt Red has a history of transphobia. This is well documented at this point and not a matter of debate. Due to this context there is particular concern about transphobic or insensitive content in Cyberpunk 2077 itself, such as the decision to tie gender to voice in the character creator, and trans fetishization in illustrations in the game—and these are just examples from prerelease footage. Additionally, there have been concerns about racist imagery and stereotyping. This article goes into depth about some of these issues.

What incidents of transphobia have occurred surrounding the game and the company, and why are they hurtful?

This list will be updated over time as more examples come to light, especially as the game releases and more content is uncovered. If you wish to have something added to this list, please send me a DM and get my attention.

Why is ResetEra allowing an official thread for this game?

There has been a lot of discussion about whether there should even be an official thread for Cyberpunk 2077, and many points of view were considered for this decision. Ultimately, a thread like this can serve as a platform for minority concerns to be aired and discussed respectfully, and given appropriate attention. We've also heard from minority members, including some trans members, who have asked for a space where they can talk about the game without needing to worry about trolling and bigoted posting. We expect all posters in the thread to extend the consideration and empathy to give them that space. We will be moderating as strictly as necessary to make sure they do.

What can I do to help fight transphobia?

Transphobia exists in many aspects of our lives. From casual discrimination such as the continuous misuse of a person's preferred pronouns, to more serious ramifications such as housing being denied, legal rights being taken away, and being discriminated in the legal system. Every trans person either has experienced transphobia in their lives, or will experience transphobia at some point.

Moreover, transphobia is a systematic issue that is present in every level of our society. Politicians fight to take away our rights. Celebrities use coded language and religious justifications, if not outright hostility, in order to continue to deny our existence. Media continues to portray us as the butt of a joke, or acts like we're something to be fascinated by, rather than treated with respect.

Actions speak louder than words: Become active in your local politics, donate to transgender causes, stand up for these issues wherever they arise, and if you know transgender people in your life be there for them and support them.

Here are some pro-trans organizations around the world where you can make a donation and show your support
  • For those of you in the US, The Trevor Project is one of the leading LGBT organizations. They are dedicated to crisis intervention and suicide prevention for people who are in need of support, love, and care.
  • For those of you in the UK, Mermaids is dedicated to the support of transgender, non-binary, and gender-diverse children, young adults, and their families. They have been around since 1995, and have been one of the most vocal voices speaking out against transphobia in the UK, including showing the dangers that transphobia imposes upon our youth.
  • If you would like to donate to CDPR's native country of Poland, you can find the Trans-Fuzja Foundation website here. The Trans-Fuzja Foundation has been around since 2008, and is dedicated to the support of transgender people in Poland in many aspects of life and society, including politics.
We are your friends. We are your family members. We're your coworkers. We're the people you meet on the street. We're the essential workers who keep society running in a pandemic. We're everywhere. We're not some sort of freak or joke, and we're not going away.

I want to give major thanks to Uzzy for lending her talent, time, and effort in putting together graphics and material for this official thread. Without her, this would not have been possible on such short notice. I would also like to give a shout out and thanks to Kyuuji for allowing me to use images and links from her own thread for this posts.

Krakatoa

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
Xbox One X - turned film grain, blu

Second this. On 1X and started the game with all options turned on and was bummed at the results. Went in settings, turned the same things off and much better.

Still have bugs but look and feel has made it a better experience which I'm enjoying a lot more now.
Yep same here. Wtf we're they thinking. Still has a slight Vaseline smear, but much better.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
Aesthetically, aside from the in your face advertising throughout the city, it is great.

But it's very shallow and not at all engaging.

I mean I don't think it is much more shallow than cities in any other games really. The areas feel different and have different profile of occupants, there are side stories you can do. There is a layering of infrastructure not really present in other games. I don't get the shallow comment. Sure you can do more incidental stuff in Rockstar games, and it is nice to have more options (you get much more combat options here at least) but i don't personally find most of that stuff very interesting. The combination of cinematic story telling and impressive world design and art speak to me in this and also Witcher 3.

Zoso

Oct 27, 2017
The lack of traffic AI is truly baffling. And where do people park their cars in Night City? I keep driving to missions and have nowhere to park my car, leave it on the street and come back 20 minutes later to see a line of cars patiently waiting. No honking & they're unable to pass me. This is basic stuff, I mean games like Mafia and LA Noire that literally use their open world as nothing more than a backdrop have more advanced systems. It's inexcusable.

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They should have been humble, pushed it as an open world Deus Ex story based RPG instead of the second fucking coming.
#facts

As someone who doesn't consume pre-release media and am only a uh, mild fan of The Witcher series (they're cool but I just end up playing Fallout games more) this is absolutely incredible for me. The islands are so large! There's so much to do! I love simultaneously hacking and dispatching people!

Speaking of Fallout, I must have put in time for my sins playing Fallout New Vegas at launch on an XBOX 360, because on PC I haven't had any issues in almost fifteen hours.

The lack of traffic AI is truly baffling. And where do people park their cars in Night City? I keep driving to missions and have nowhere to park my car, leave it on the street and come back 20 minutes later to see a line of cars patiently waiting. No honking & they're unable to pass me. This is basic stuff, I mean games like Mafia and LA Noire that literally use their open world as nothing more than a backdrop have more advanced systems. It's inexcusable.
This bugs the hell out of me too! 😂

Also, unless I'm mistaken, I can't reconfigure the controller mapping and in 2020, that's fucking lunacy. Not sense the abomination that was Jurassic World Evolution on PC have I not been able to remap controls... Which is fucking embarrassing.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
The AI in this game is some of the worst I've ever seen. And not just for an open world game. For any game, ever.

To call it "AI" isn't even accurate in this game. It feels like there's literally half a dozen If/Else statements that governs all NPC behavior in this game and that's it. It's that bad.

Hong

Oct 30, 2017
A loud noise scared the F out of me so I decided to check it out.

Curious...

to say the least.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
I mean I don't think it is much more shallow than cities in any other games really. The areas feel different and have different profile of occupants, there are side stories you can do. There is a layering of infrastructure not really present in other games. I don't get the shallow comment. Sure you can do more incidental stuff in Rockstar games, and it is nice to have more options (you get much more combat options here at least) but i don't personally find most of that stuff very interesting. The combination of cinematic story telling and impressive world design and art speak to me in this and also Witcher 3.

Pretty much how I feel. The layers in the city is pretty insane and you get to explore it just walking around. Not much to really do like get meaningful convos with npcs (though I wasn't really expecting that )but it feels like you are in a new city sightseeing.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
Depends what platform you're playing on I guess. The world seems plenty busy on PC. Seems like the console and PC experience are worlds apart.

It's very impressive on my system. Only RDR2 comes close in terms of look and feel of the open world, and the only bugs I've seen have been minor. Enjoying the story too. It's living up to expectations for me. I've loved my first 12 hours with the game.
But a world feeling alive isn't driven by how populated it is.

NPC AI is awful, police AI awful and they literally phase into existence, driving AI also awful. Lack of any dynamic events in the open world. Lack of interaction with the open world.

Saying only RDR2 comes close to Cyberpunk is a massive disservice to RDR2. I've said earlier in the thread, watch dogs legion (an awful, awful game) has a world which feels more engaging and alive than this.

garion333

Oct 27, 2017
I have not been following this thread for fear of spoiling my own experience so apologies if this has been mentioned at all before, but has anyone else experienced any sort of mild/moderate motion sickness playing this? I am someone that never gets this and I'm not even sure if its coming from the game, but I just played for about 40 mins and have that heavy head sensation and feel a little dizzy. I'm playing on a PS5.

Any tips from those that get motion sickness on how to fix this? I did read about changing FOV but I don't think there is an FOV option on consoles. Is it the acceleration in the turning axis? I played a bunch last night with no issue, but that was me slowly walking around the city. This morning was some fast combat indoors.

FOV slider would be a big help, but I'd consider turning off Motion Blur (and all the other visual options).

The dead zone on the sticks also sucks. I reduced it for the center dead zone and I find it feels better with less over correction on my part.

Try driving in 3rd person. The rocking side to side and motion of the hands on the wheel is way off to me. I vastly prefer driving in 3rd person.

YSL

Sep 11, 2020
Whens the patch to fix the crashes on ps5? This is unacceptable can't even imagine what it's like on og ps4

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Yeah irrespective of its problems, which are numerous and not really ignorable, the 'layer cake' city design really is incredible. That is the game's crowning achievement for me, especially how it gets lit with RT as well.

At the very least I hope this is a sign of the way open world cities will be designed and laid out in next gen games. Having an equal amount of space dedicated to walking as driving is just a very smart way to have it

Shiz Padoo

Oct 13, 2018
Got a Ryzen 2600, 1660 Ti and 16GB RAM, so I looked at the requirements and was quite hopeful. And it wasn't too bad at 1080p, but not smooth enough for this type of game. So, believe it or not, I'm playing on ultra at 1280x720 on my 4K screen. Still looks amazing. Haven't seen any of the bugs but I've fully updated it and I've only done a couple of hours. So far, liking it. If any updates improve the performance, of course I'll bump the resolution up. But for now looks great.

Nerun

Oct 30, 2017
Hm, game looks blurry at times, but not always (PC), but I'm playing 1080p with DLSS on, rest between Medium and Ultra with RT max. Mostly around 45-50 FPS usually, with drops into low 30s at times. Maybe I should try without RT and check if it has a big visual impact and/or if that helps with the blurry image at times (DLSS off or at least into Quality).

Aside from that game is mostly fine, some bugs, graphical issues, etc. but nothing too bad. Aside from the fact that I'm most likely the only one where V just randomly draws his weapon and starts shooting until I hit left mouse button again. No idea why though, so far I didn't kill anyone by accident or where it resulted in anything aside from people running away.

Oct 27, 2017
QTxex7L.png

I love this game... just got to Act 2 with 30 hours played and it plays and looks insane. I've lucked out I guess and havent had much if any bugs that stopped me from playing!
Not even using RT...

LOL
the first few days was me just changing the options every 5 minutes lol... RT looks in sane but the hit to performance... lol
using Quality mode on DLSS and go everything else pretty much on max and one of two options on high...
R3600
16gbram
getting mostly 60 locked.. using v sync with the control panel and having it off in game helped, and also using .8 sharpening option in the panel as well.. helps with the blurriness from the DLSS quality mode which isnt really that bad.

Also LOOVE my character spent like 2 hours in the character creator and love the look I got
wish it had more hair color options..
t64YC7m.png

Wish I would have waited longer on making my pc... would have loved to play this with a 3070 or something...I really may do a 30fps run next with RT on Performance or UP DLSS mode!

Cant wait for more patch and tweaks and MODS! <3

Henrar

Nov 27, 2017
NPC AI in this game is worse than in GTAIII.
At least it seems the latest patch improved IQ on PS5, although now inventory UI stopped working for me - I can unequip items, but I cannot equip anything back.

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So i did a side mission where i had to infiltrate a location to plant a tracker on a car and remamining undetected was optional but that is how i would have played the mission anyway.I did and it was good but my problem is that i felt i had no options in this way of playing.

Where can i find silenced pistols or rifles?Or a stun gun?

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
This piece of shit game resets my settings every time I boot it. What a fucking joke. I can't play 5 mins without a damn bug, and I crash every 30 mins. This is unacceptable. I'm delete it this garbage off my PS5 and CDPR is on my ignore list. As far as I'm concerned, they might as well owe me $60.

Beastie91

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Bay Area CA
Okay so about twelve hours in lvl 9 street cred 12 ive been running climbing latters heavy melee with my katana and my Athletics perk is still at 1 is it a bug? What level are you guys Athletics perk at?

I'm on PS4 pro by the way!

Jan 10, 2018
Watching the IGN tech analysis and I'm completely baffled at how badly optimized this game is for pre-gen consoles. I mean look at this vid from 7:00 and the comments he makes about it. He had to shut his stream down because people who watched became nauseous. This has to be one of the worst cross-gen ports ever made. I think it even tops Battlefield 3 for PS3/360.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
I remember when, not only a few weeks before release we had review outlets saying to temper out expectations about combat and that it's dialogue heavy.
16 hours in all I'm doing is combat...
Yeah, I want to play that game. The most annoying part so far was the heist; had stealthed all the way to the lobby, but then while still in the elevator before the doors even open, the game enters combat alert and Jackie goes "they spotted us!", and we're forced into a shootout

Menome

Oct 25, 2017
So i did a side mission where i had to infiltrate a location to plant a tracker on a car and remamining undetected was optional but that is how i would have played the mission anyway.I did and it was good but my problem is that i felt i had no options in this way of playing.

Where can i find silenced pistols or rifles?Or a stun gun?

You can buy silencers and non-lethal mods from vendors. Try Wilson at your apartment complex.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I want to play that game. The most annoying part so far was the heist; had stealthed all the way to the lobby, but then while still in the elevator before the doors even open, the game enters combat alert and Jackie goes "they spotted us!", and we're forced into a shootout
Jup at the same. I reloaded a couple of time the save to see i messed up and spotted us. But then realized its scripted and you need to go into combat.
Weird as people said you can if you want can do a non combat playthrough.

sumo

Oct 30, 2017
The lack of traffic AI is truly baffling. And where do people park their cars in Night City? I keep driving to missions and have nowhere to park my car, leave it on the street and come back 20 minutes later to see a line of cars patiently waiting

My car always disappears once I talk to the mission NPC so never encountered this problem.

Gots

Feb 20, 2019
Canada
I have mixed feelings. About 7 hours in and the city is awesome and the use of of first person camera is the best I've ever seen but I've been let down by everything else so far. Will press on but its not living up to my expectations yet