• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Transistor

Vodka martini, dirty, with Tito's please
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Epileptic PSA: There are reports that animations and flashing lights in this game can cause seizures. Read this article for more information

Why is there controversy surrounding CD Projekt Red and Cyberpunk 2077?

CD Projekt Red has a history of transphobia. This is well documented at this point and not a matter of debate. Due to this context there is particular concern about transphobic or insensitive content in Cyberpunk 2077 itself, such as the decision to tie gender to voice in the character creator, and trans fetishization in illustrations in the game—and these are just examples from prerelease footage. Additionally, there have been concerns about racist imagery and stereotyping. This article goes into depth about some of these issues.

What incidents of transphobia have occurred surrounding the game and the company, and why are they hurtful?

This list will be updated over time as more examples come to light, especially as the game releases and more content is uncovered. If you wish to have something added to this list, please send me a DM and get my attention.

Why is ResetEra allowing an official thread for this game?

There has been a lot of discussion about whether there should even be an official thread for Cyberpunk 2077, and many points of view were considered for this decision. Ultimately, a thread like this can serve as a platform for minority concerns to be aired and discussed respectfully, and given appropriate attention. We've also heard from minority members, including some trans members, who have asked for a space where they can talk about the game without needing to worry about trolling and bigoted posting. We expect all posters in the thread to extend the consideration and empathy to give them that space. We will be moderating as strictly as necessary to make sure they do.

What can I do to help fight transphobia?

Transphobia exists in many aspects of our lives. From casual discrimination such as the continuous misuse of a person's preferred pronouns, to more serious ramifications such as housing being denied, legal rights being taken away, and being discriminated in the legal system. Every trans person either has experienced transphobia in their lives, or will experience transphobia at some point.

Moreover, transphobia is a systematic issue that is present in every level of our society. Politicians fight to take away our rights. Celebrities use coded language and religious justifications, if not outright hostility, in order to continue to deny our existence. Media continues to portray us as the butt of a joke, or acts like we're something to be fascinated by, rather than treated with respect.

Actions speak louder than words: Become active in your local politics, donate to transgender causes, stand up for these issues wherever they arise, and if you know transgender people in your life be there for them and support them.

Here are some pro-trans organizations around the world where you can make a donation and show your support
  • For those of you in the US, The Trevor Project is one of the leading LGBT organizations. They are dedicated to crisis intervention and suicide prevention for people who are in need of support, love, and care.
  • For those of you in the UK, Mermaids is dedicated to the support of transgender, non-binary, and gender-diverse children, young adults, and their families. They have been around since 1995, and have been one of the most vocal voices speaking out against transphobia in the UK, including showing the dangers that transphobia imposes upon our youth.
  • If you would like to donate to CDPR's native country of Poland, you can find the Trans-Fuzja Foundation website here. The Trans-Fuzja Foundation has been around since 2008, and is dedicated to the support of transgender people in Poland in many aspects of life and society, including politics.
We are your friends. We are your family members. We're your coworkers. We're the people you meet on the street. We're the essential workers who keep society running in a pandemic. We're everywhere. We're not some sort of freak or joke, and we're not going away.

I want to give major thanks to Uzzy for lending her talent, time, and effort in putting together graphics and material for this official thread. Without her, this would not have been possible on such short notice. I would also like to give a shout out and thanks to Kyuuji for allowing me to use images and links from her own thread for this posts.

Ensoul

Oct 27, 2017
I have the game sitting unopened or the PlayStation 4, but I do have a PlayStation 5 to play it on. I legitimately don't know if I should open it or try to return it back to Amazon.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
Wait so the ripper doc gives you new eyes that give you the cyber scope ability, and a new hand that gives you an ammo counter? But didn't we already have those abilities in the first like mission against the scavengers?

astro

Oct 25, 2017
My 3080 barely passes the 50% usage at any times, can the 2700x be that much of a bottleneck (3440x1440p)? I get around a 10fps difference between low and high while going through the city.
I'm having this exact issue with the CPU.

2700x and 2080. Low-high gives hardly any performance increase, DLSS barely does anything.

Curious if it is the older CPU holding everything back from working well or not. I don't understand how that would prevent graphic options from having hardly any effect on perfomance, though...

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
Fixed all my PC crashes.
Turns out it was related to a ASUS mobo bios update, that added ReSize BAR for AMD SAM support - allowing for more complete access to addressable GPU memory.
Unfortunately, they set this to AUTO, and since I have a RTX 3080 GPU that shouldn't be supported yet, I ended up with crashing here there and everywhere.
Switched it off, and everything is great again.
I suppose my streak of nearly a decade without BSODs was bound to end eventually. Hopefully this is helpful for anyone else that may have had this issue

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Is it me or is Hacking and stealth weird here? Any recommendations to improve those?

Doesn't feel as viable or rewarding

GavinGT

Sep 28, 2020
Why is selling items so tedious? Every time you sell an item it takes a few seconds because the entire list is programmed to disappear and then reappear. Is it so hard to just animate a change in the list?

Combine that with the already tedious process of picking up items and managing carrying capacity and the whole loop is just frustrating.

z1ggy

Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
8 hours in, 2 bugs so far (one NPC on the street restating his animation loop and the other one an enemy that would fly in the air)

Zero crashes.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
This game does not like bluetooth keyboards. My keyboard has wonky phantom input and delays going on until I alt-tab.

And it looks like going into full screen bumped up some performance; alt-tabbing speed is the same as borderless windowed too.

Nov 17, 2019
Wait so the ripper doc gives you new eyes that give you the cyber scope ability, and a new hand that gives you an ammo counter? But didn't we already have those abilities in the first like mission against the scavengers?
The new eyes reveal much more information about a scanned target. Also, in the first mission the HUD only showed what weapon you had equipped. No ammo counter until you get the new hand.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Uh so, 14 hours in and I only now just realised you could hide bodies in dumpsters and boxes by grabbing them from behind and dragging them to the hiding spot.

Shit, wish I knew about this earlier.

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
I went Corpo and felt the same way, everything from the quest design to the dialogue seemed rushed in Act 1. Tetsuo is right though in that it really picks up once you get to Act 2. The quests are varied and story/dialogue is back to the gold standard you expect from a CDPR game.

should i not even bother side questing until i reach act 2? or does this only apply to the main storyline

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
by the way, is anyone satisfied with the life paths in this game? I know corpo gang ITT is pissed, i went nomad and i felt pretty cheated about not actually exploring the desert before coming to night city, and I don't know what the hell my character is blabbering about in some of these chat options i get but whatever

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone tell me where to go in the menu to hack a datashard?

Edit: nvm, fuck the UI in this game is a fucking mess.

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
I've lost count on how many times the game has crashed on PS5. This is worst than Bethesda. The game definitely needed more time. I feel sorry for anyone playing this on last gen consoles. It's basically unplayable for my brother on the Pro.

dodo

Oct 27, 2017
The whole becoming accustomed and integrated in Night City being a montage was a very, very poor narrative choice.

I feel robbed of discovering the city as my character.

funnily enough i loved this part as a street kid character, but when i realized that all the paths funnel into that same montage i laughed. it's so perfect for street kid and total nonsense for corpo

Pancho

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
by the way, is anyone satisfied with the life paths in this game? I know corpo gang ITT is pissed, i went nomad and i felt pretty cheated about not actually exploring the desert before coming to night city, and I don't know what the hell my character is blabbering about in some of these chat options i get but whatever
Its wild how gutted the lifepaths feel. I also picked Nomad and it literally feels like they cut the entire thing and dropped us off right at the end of that storyline.

Altrich

Apr 5, 2018
Thanks for explaining guys, yeah as someone who just beat deadly premonition and legit enjoyed it these frame dips and jankiness are non issues for me

PopsMaellard

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I've lost count on how many times the game has crashed on PS5. This is worst than Bethesda. The game definitely needed more time. I feel sorry for anyone playing this on last gen consoles. It's basically unplayable for my brother on the Pro.

I'm three hours in and have had to forcibly restart to fix a litany of issues. I haven't had a single mission happen without at least a small bug like Jackie missing a weapon or floating around in the air. Even small things like subs getting stuck on screen happen constantly.

It also looks like shit 90% if the time. I'd return and play on PC but I have zero chance of getting a 3080 any time soon the way stock situations are going, and I have a 970 still.

I'm still infuriatingly intrigued by this but it reaaaally goes out of its way to make me hate it.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Nomad was pretty uneventful and robbed a lot of players of why they chose the path lol - driving into Night City for the first time from from outside. Dildo tower, box, chase, done. Seemed really half baked.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
I used GeForce Optimized settings for the RTX 2060 and man, this game is a looker. I can't imagine this running on a 3080 with ray traced effects.

garion333

Oct 27, 2017
Nope. Nomad was pretty uneventful and robbed a lot of players of why they chose the path lol - driving into NC from outside the first time. Dildo tower, box, chase, done.

None of the intros do anything but say hi for a minute then plop you into the story. It's all so blase that I'm not sure why they bothered.

garion333

Oct 27, 2017

In media res. 100%. Just roll with it, game gets better the more you play.

azfaru

Dec 1, 2017
Has anyone who didn't like the first part of the game made a 180 at some point later in the game? And vice versa. If so, without spoiling anything, what changed your mind?

Deleted member 18847

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Series X is sooooo soft, damn! Even in "fidelity" mode

last time I saw a game this soft on my 4K TV I was playing a switch game.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
07kOA7.png

RightChandMan

Oct 26, 2017
New Orleans, LA
I'm playing it on ps5 and this game is buggy. The camera spins round and round or the screen drifts occasionally. Is this a known issue? Could it have something to do with the duelsense? Seems like I'm constantly fighting it.

Oct 27, 2017
So... is the PC game buggy now that the day 1 patch has been released, or is it mainly the console versions that are still full of bugs? It's kind of hard to tell right now.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
So... is the PC game buggy now that the day 1 patch has been released, or is it mainly the console versions that are still full of bugs? It's kind of hard to tell right now.
My friend had the game constantly crash on him, like every 5 minutes. It wasn't playable.

So far, my time has been stable. I had 3 crashes but it was due to a RAM profile I had recently set, reverting it stopped the crashes.

I've had two bugs so far that I noticed:

1. I couldn't tag enemies in the stealth tutorial, so I just had to quit out of it. Tagging works fine in the game itself.
2. After having my eye implant installed by Vik, I had exhausted all dialogue options and the main quest was stuck on "speak to Vik". I reloaded a save and it progressed.

I'm running on a 2700x / 2080 / 16GB RAM.