• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Epileptic PSA: There are reports that animations and flashing lights in this game can cause seizures. Read this article for more information

Why is there controversy surrounding CD Projekt Red and Cyberpunk 2077?

CD Projekt Red has a history of transphobia. This is well documented at this point and not a matter of debate. Due to this context there is particular concern about transphobic or insensitive content in Cyberpunk 2077 itself, such as the decision to tie gender to voice in the character creator, and trans fetishization in illustrations in the game—and these are just examples from prerelease footage. Additionally, there have been concerns about racist imagery and stereotyping. This article goes into depth about some of these issues.

What incidents of transphobia have occurred surrounding the game and the company, and why are they hurtful?

This list will be updated over time as more examples come to light, especially as the game releases and more content is uncovered. If you wish to have something added to this list, please send me a DM and get my attention.

Why is ResetEra allowing an official thread for this game?

There has been a lot of discussion about whether there should even be an official thread for Cyberpunk 2077, and many points of view were considered for this decision. Ultimately, a thread like this can serve as a platform for minority concerns to be aired and discussed respectfully, and given appropriate attention. We've also heard from minority members, including some trans members, who have asked for a space where they can talk about the game without needing to worry about trolling and bigoted posting. We expect all posters in the thread to extend the consideration and empathy to give them that space. We will be moderating as strictly as necessary to make sure they do.

What can I do to help fight transphobia?

Transphobia exists in many aspects of our lives. From casual discrimination such as the continuous misuse of a person's preferred pronouns, to more serious ramifications such as housing being denied, legal rights being taken away, and being discriminated in the legal system. Every trans person either has experienced transphobia in their lives, or will experience transphobia at some point.

Moreover, transphobia is a systematic issue that is present in every level of our society. Politicians fight to take away our rights. Celebrities use coded language and religious justifications, if not outright hostility, in order to continue to deny our existence. Media continues to portray us as the butt of a joke, or acts like we're something to be fascinated by, rather than treated with respect.

Actions speak louder than words: Become active in your local politics, donate to transgender causes, stand up for these issues wherever they arise, and if you know transgender people in your life be there for them and support them.

Here are some pro-trans organizations around the world where you can make a donation and show your support
  • For those of you in the US, The Trevor Project is one of the leading LGBT organizations. They are dedicated to crisis intervention and suicide prevention for people who are in need of support, love, and care.
  • For those of you in the UK, Mermaids is dedicated to the support of transgender, non-binary, and gender-diverse children, young adults, and their families. They have been around since 1995, and have been one of the most vocal voices speaking out against transphobia in the UK, including showing the dangers that transphobia imposes upon our youth.
  • If you would like to donate to CDPR's native country of Poland, you can find the Trans-Fuzja Foundation website here. The Trans-Fuzja Foundation has been around since 2008, and is dedicated to the support of transgender people in Poland in many aspects of life and society, including politics.
We are your friends. We are your family members. We're your coworkers. We're the people you meet on the street. We're the essential workers who keep society running in a pandemic. We're everywhere. We're not some sort of freak or joke, and we're not going away.

I want to give major thanks to Uzzy for lending her talent, time, and effort in putting together graphics and material for this official thread. Without her, this would not have been possible on such short notice. I would also like to give a shout out and thanks to Kyuuji for allowing me to use images and links from her own thread for this posts.

jack.

Oct 27, 2017
I have a gaming PC that can run this pretty well but I just got a PS5 and a new TV and I'm tired of sitting in front of my computer after 9 months of working at home, so I bought the PS4 version. lol @ me.

Jokerman

May 16, 2020
Could the variance in PC performance be linked to display size? I find it strange that it doesn't default to fullscreen.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
That's really odd. You post a hell of a lot in this thread discussing the game, but you don't actually own it, or seem to have any intention of owning it.

I'm not disregarding your comments though, as they are totally valid in this post here and should be known. Just confused about why you're so wanting to discuss this game in this thread with what looks like the highest post count of recent here, but don't own the title in question. Do you have the intention to pick the title up down the road once bugs/performance are resolved, as if you do, then understand why you want to be active in this thread?
I don't own the game, don't plan to ever, and plenty here don't. It's not necessary to engage with the thread. Ain't that deep lol, no need for gatekeeping.

SonicXtreme

Oct 27, 2017
with a 1080 TV on series X, do the performance modes make a difference? Like i heard performance is 60fps and quality is 30. is that true even with a 1080p display? like do you really get benefits from quality mode, or are the improvements just not visible at a lower rez like that?

Hassansan

Oct 27, 2017
Playing on performance DLSS 4k with ultra RTX, all maxed out minus volumetric lightning and shadows, seems stable enough for me so far, didn't go under 55fps yet.

But am very early on, running on 3090/x3700.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
Am I the only one here thinking RTX is a game changer? I'm playing on all Ultra RT with DLSS and maintaining 50-60fps in most areas, with a few dips into the high 40s. 9900k/2080ti.

The open city just looks so damn good, it almost looks like a plastic set with RTX off. But turned on the lighting bounces off everything and gives the whole city a different look. Constantly blown away by little effects, this is a very pretty game.
Disagree, do not like the RTX implementation here compared to other games. RT Lighting straight up looks worse than having it off imo, and the RT shadows option seems to barely affect the image at all. RT reflections are nice, but not as impressive as in WD Legion.

Cyberpunk overall looks much, much better at a higher resolution + only RT reflections than it does with all RT on but at a lower resolution,

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm really liking it on XSX myself too. Turned on Quality Mode and I think I like it more?
I've been playing Performance, but indoors I've found Quality to be nice too.

Edit: I've never been a framerate snob, but the past few weeks with Ori, Spider-Man, and Demon's Souls has changed me.

Starviper

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
I ask the mods can we please get a PC performance thread separate from the main OT? There's definitely some tuning I'm going to need to do and it's not really easy to keep up with all the varying suggestions and configs. My 3070 is not having the best time with the game but I think turning OFF RTX Lighting while keeping the other features set to ON and RTX itself at Ultra, Cascaded Shadows Resolution down to Medium from High, Improved Facial Lighting Geometry to OFF with DLSS Auto seems to work pretty good for me. All other settings can be boosted.

Specs:
i7 8700k
RTX 3070
16GB DDR4
SSD + Win10

Butch

Oct 27, 2017
Ryzen 5600X + RTX 3070 + 16GB RAM 3600MHZ + SSD

In case someone has a config like mine, this is the sweet spot I reached: Everything High, DLSS Balanced, RT activated for both Shadows and Reflections, RT Light in Medium (I mean the last RT slider, I can't remember what was it called). I'm getting almost always 60FPS with that and looks really good on my 4k TV, I'm satisfied :)

Terbinator

Oct 29, 2017
with a 1080 TV on series X, do the performance modes make a difference? Like i heard performance is 60fps and quality is 30. is that true even with a 1080p display? like do you really get benefits from quality mode, or are the improvements just not visible at a lower rez like that?
You will get a downsampled image in quality mode to 1080p. It doesn't cap the rendering res to 1080p with higher quality assets and a higher frame cap.

Coldbrewblac

Sep 14, 2020
Does this run well on Xbox series X or the PS5? I'm seeing mixed things about how it runs on every system so it's hard to be sure what to get it for

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
I ask the mods can we please get a PC performance thread separate from the main OT? There's definitely some tuning I'm going to need to do and it's not really easy to keep up with all the varying suggestions and configs. My 3070 is not having the best time with the game but I think turning OFF RTX Lighting while keeping the other features set to ON and RTX itself at Ultra, Cascaded Shadows Resolution down to Medium from High, Improved Facial Lighting Geometry to OFF with DLSS Auto seems to work pretty good for me.

Specs:
i7 8700k
RTX 3070
16GB DDR4
SSD + Win10
Why not use the pc thread?

Chronos

Oct 27, 2017
I was hoping my rig would handle it and it barely does. GTX970 is only just holding it together. Have to keep turning settings down to potato mode just to keep frame rate smooth

CollectedDust

Oct 27, 2017
Indiana
I played about 2 hours last night. I'm sure this has been discussed, but I find the vulgarity off putting. Game looks amazing (pc max using a 3080), but the over-the-top nature of some aspects is a little much for me so far.

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely LOVE the graphical design of all the UI, it's a real joy to navigate.
I have a gaming PC that can run this pretty well but I just got a PS5 and a new TV and I'm tired of sitting in front of my computer after 9 months of working at home, so I bought the PS4 version. lol @ me.
200.gif

Brewm0nt

Dec 22, 2017
Orlando, FL
I've been playing Performance, but indoors I've found Quality to be nice too.

Edit: I've never been a framerate snob, but the past few weeks with Ori, Spider-Man, and Demon's Souls has changed me.
I'm the same way and am loving the 60 FPS modes on XSX in general. I just think the "cinematic" look works with the style of the world for now, at least until they patch with the next gen updates.

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
Played for a couple of hours on XSX, good looking game with just straight up garbage gunplay, bad UI, mediocre at best stealth and a semi interesting story/universe that you get no time to process or have time to take in and understand.

I'm not at all a fan of CDPR's games so i was not expecting much but it somehow managed to underwhelm me more than i thought it would.

How the hell do you have worse gunplay than Fallout 4 at this point.

It probably doesn't help that i'm mainly playing D2 and Apex rn which are both top class shooters, makes an already bad gunplay system feel worse by comparison.

dadoes

Feb 15, 2018
Got to my apartment.

Game looks and feels great on my 3080/10850k. Feel bad for people on console or lesser hardware.

Haven't encountered too many bugs or glitches.

Digging the story so far.

The driving controls with km is terrible. Had to switch over to a controller.

Thumbs up so far.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
You are getting CPU bottlenecked, I have the same issue with my 3080, 3700x, nothing to do about it really...

Also, does anyone have a 3080 with a ryzen 5000 here? Would love to know the performance they are getting as it might push me to upgrade my CPU for this.

Are you sure? My CPU hovers around 70-75%. Doesn't seem like it's being maxed out.

Have you tried the Geforce experience optimize settings? worked for me. I failed trying tunning the game myself got low fps or smudge look.

Not yet, I'll give it a go, thanks!

Looked into that and Nvidia wants to crank everything back up and enable RTX.

Personally I think the game starts to look straight up bad at lower resolutions, so I'd recommend either running 1440p with no DLSS, or 4K with DLSS = Quality. Also turn off HDR and RT Lighting, which for some reason makes the game look worse than the non-RT Lighting. And then just get comfortable with 30 fps.

Not an option - Settings worked fine with RTX on at 30 FPS but it doesn't feel right. If I'd be playing this on a console with a controller, maybe.
But mouse and keyboard will keep me digging through those options until I find a good mix of 60fps/resolutions/visual bling.

Twinduct

Oct 27, 2017
Man Melee really feels meh all around.
How the hell is there is no dismemberment or a damage model on NPCs.
Grenades bugged btw? Seems like NPCs just fall on their knees even when it explodes in their hands?

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
So far I encountered :
- Long nails clipping through the gloves in the militech combat demo
- Jackie clipping through lockers which causes papers to fly around.
- Lying NPC sorta spin around
- A duplicate chopstick floating when jackie is eating.
- NPCs disappearing
- The game crashed my hdmi display which im forced to reboot my desktop

Nitpicks:
F button can't be binded.
I button is for inventory but it doesn't show nor tell you in the keybinding setup. I had to google it.
UI interaction is very bad, if I'm in selling page and i press a item in my inventory to sell it. it should have a confirmation button to let know whether i want to sell it. Instead, I press esc key and it completed my transaction. Also the game doesn't walk through with you what are all the menus in the inventory page is.

So far this game have more obvious bugs than Vanilla skyrim and its very bad at walking players through for the beginning in terms of UI navigation. But YMMV since this is what I encountered so far, may not be the same for others.

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
www.pcgameshardware.de

Cyberpunk 2077 im Technik-Test - CPU-, GPU- und Raytracing-Benchmarks [Update]

#Cyberpunk2077 im Liveticker: Wir benchen für euch Grafikkarten und CPUs und analysieren die schicke Raytracing-Implementierung.

www.purepc.pl

Test wydajności Cyberpunk 2077 PC - Jakie są wymagania sprzętowe? Test kart graficznych AMD Radeon i NVIDIA GeForce | PurePC.pl

Jakie są wymagania sprzętowe Cyberpunk 2077? Oto test wydajności kart graficznych w grze Cyberpunk 2077. Pytasz czy pójdzie mi Cyberpunk 2077? Zobaczymy...

JaseC

Why not use the pc thread?
Where is it?

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
I tried searching but didn't find a directly obvious one that wasn't closed? A little confused here.

www.resetera.com

PC Gaming ERA | December 2020 - WTS: Three Megabytes of hot RAM OT

PC Gaming Threads PC Gaming December 2020 Release Highlights Cyberpunk 2077 - Uzzy - Out 10th December (Hopefully!) Eight Years, Five Months, 30 Days. That's how long it's been since CD Projekt Red announced that they were making a Cyberpunk RPG. Back then it was still just 'Cyberpunk', the...

Stacey

Banned
Feb 8, 2020
Man this game is damn hard to run.

2080 super (2ghz OC)
Ryzen 9 3900x
32gb 3200mhz
PCIe 4.0 nvme

3440x1440 (DLSS Auto) 40fps

At Ultra settings with RT settings on, would love some ideas how to increase my performance without too much of a hit to the visuals

Starviper

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis