• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Epileptic PSA: There are reports that animations and flashing lights in this game can cause seizures. Read this article for more information

Why is there controversy surrounding CD Projekt Red and Cyberpunk 2077?

CD Projekt Red has a history of transphobia. This is well documented at this point and not a matter of debate. Due to this context there is particular concern about transphobic or insensitive content in Cyberpunk 2077 itself, such as the decision to tie gender to voice in the character creator, and trans fetishization in illustrations in the game—and these are just examples from prerelease footage. Additionally, there have been concerns about racist imagery and stereotyping. This article goes into depth about some of these issues.

What incidents of transphobia have occurred surrounding the game and the company, and why are they hurtful?

This list will be updated over time as more examples come to light, especially as the game releases and more content is uncovered. If you wish to have something added to this list, please send me a DM and get my attention.

Why is ResetEra allowing an official thread for this game?

There has been a lot of discussion about whether there should even be an official thread for Cyberpunk 2077, and many points of view were considered for this decision. Ultimately, a thread like this can serve as a platform for minority concerns to be aired and discussed respectfully, and given appropriate attention. We've also heard from minority members, including some trans members, who have asked for a space where they can talk about the game without needing to worry about trolling and bigoted posting. We expect all posters in the thread to extend the consideration and empathy to give them that space. We will be moderating as strictly as necessary to make sure they do.

What can I do to help fight transphobia?

Transphobia exists in many aspects of our lives. From casual discrimination such as the continuous misuse of a person's preferred pronouns, to more serious ramifications such as housing being denied, legal rights being taken away, and being discriminated in the legal system. Every trans person either has experienced transphobia in their lives, or will experience transphobia at some point.

Moreover, transphobia is a systematic issue that is present in every level of our society. Politicians fight to take away our rights. Celebrities use coded language and religious justifications, if not outright hostility, in order to continue to deny our existence. Media continues to portray us as the butt of a joke, or acts like we're something to be fascinated by, rather than treated with respect.

Actions speak louder than words: Become active in your local politics, donate to transgender causes, stand up for these issues wherever they arise, and if you know transgender people in your life be there for them and support them.

Here are some pro-trans organizations around the world where you can make a donation and show your support
  • For those of you in the US, The Trevor Project is one of the leading LGBT organizations. They are dedicated to crisis intervention and suicide prevention for people who are in need of support, love, and care.
  • For those of you in the UK, Mermaids is dedicated to the support of transgender, non-binary, and gender-diverse children, young adults, and their families. They have been around since 1995, and have been one of the most vocal voices speaking out against transphobia in the UK, including showing the dangers that transphobia imposes upon our youth.
  • If you would like to donate to CDPR's native country of Poland, you can find the Trans-Fuzja Foundation website here. The Trans-Fuzja Foundation has been around since 2008, and is dedicated to the support of transgender people in Poland in many aspects of life and society, including politics.
We are your friends. We are your family members. We're your coworkers. We're the people you meet on the street. We're the essential workers who keep society running in a pandemic. We're everywhere. We're not some sort of freak or joke, and we're not going away.

I want to give major thanks to Uzzy for lending her talent, time, and effort in putting together graphics and material for this official thread. Without her, this would not have been possible on such short notice. I would also like to give a shout out and thanks to Kyuuji for allowing me to use images and links from her own thread for this posts.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
So, can anyone tell me how the fuck isn't this in the low 70s on MC ?
It's a heavily controlled marketing move. I made the thread to raise awareness, but unfortunately it got locked. I'm not complaining though.

CDPR is misleading millions of PS4/XB1 users with Cyberpunk 2077 marketing | ResetEra

On top of that, it's either the reviewers were giving it a pass for most of the bugs, or the PC is generally less buggy, or just lucky. We'll see tomorrow when console reviews are out.

Jroc

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
The Corpo lifepath is so short and abrupt that I kind of laughed. Like... why even bother putting it in the game?

"Wow! You can play as a corporate salaryperson? What a unique and interesting RPG background to explore!"

*Gets fired from job 20 minutes in and reverts to the life of a street urchin*

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If you're on PC, turn down Cascaded Shadows Resolution. Just putting it down to medium is letting me do raytracing ultra at 1440p in DLSS balance mode on my 3060ti and coming close to 60FPS. I previously had issues with the open world stuff and was dropping all the way to 30FPS. Also I turned off the 'film' effects and used the NIVIDA sharpener and it takes away any blurriness that the DLSS causes.

Azai

Jun 10, 2020
Clean driver install didn't do anything. Still only uses around 70% gpu, 1440 ultra - dlss auto 55 fps :/

Everything ultra - 55 fps
Everything low - 75 fps

Something is clearly wrong here.

3080 / 3700X.

Mentioned it a few times already but this usually means you are CPU bound.
It also caps my CPU usage at around 70%. You can lower settings as you want wihout fps changing.
Only thing you can try is to lower crowd density under gameplay options.

Betamaxbandit

Jan 30, 2018
For real. That 91 seems ludicrous when listening to the extremely luke warm impressions from Gerstmann, Caravella and Bakalar. And that's not really even factoring in the fact the game is somewhat of a technical mess.

3 people! 3 people are a little luke warm and it "deserves" a 70?

Have i missed something? Everything ive read from previews to reviews seem very favourable. So is it the technical issues or something im not aware of thats causing this kind of sentiment?

EDIT: Watched the first couple of mins of Series X gameplay in perf mode and it appeared to run quite well

Abi

Jun 3, 2020
Can you adjust the ADS sensitivity independently from the camera sensitivity? (On PS5 btw)

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Any 2060 impression? Can DLSS get me to 1080p/60 at least?

I'm going to become The Joker if Stadia ends up being the most stable version

Good thing I got that free Chromecast

Yes I have a 2060 Super/3600/16GB RAM and get way above 60fps without raytracing. Everything on high/ultra except for raytracing because I think it looks better without raytracing (and doesn't tank the FPS, but even then you get good FPS with DLSS)

Nov 19, 2017
Series X version locks up for about 5-10 seconds. Seems like a hard lock, then suddenly continues as if nothing happened. This has happened to me routinely, as if it's loading but without a loading screen, just a temporary freeze.

TheDutchSlayer

Did you find it? Cuez I didn't!
Oct 26, 2017
The Hauge, The Netherlands
Have a few question if that is ok:

Will there be a PC performance thread or we do just about a pc questions and specs in this thread?
Are we allowed to post screenshots from our own social pages (aka twitter embed even if its your own tweets?)
Is setting up an screenshot / photo mode thread for this game allowed or will this be the only thread about this game with everything combined in order to keep everyone on the same rules page?

Thank you all

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Yes I have a 2060 Super/3600/16GB RAM and get way above 60fps without raytracing. Everything on high/ultra except for raytracing because I think it looks better without raytracing (and doesn't tank the FPS, but even then you get good FPS with DLSS)
Thanks for the info!

I have a laptop 2060, so I might not be able to push so hard, but 60 at Medium/High sounds doable with DLSS at least

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
So dumb that you can't turn off the ability that turns junk automatically into components.

I'm finding loot that is worth €$750 and I can't sell it because of that. Lost money...

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Playing Cyberpunk last night made me tired in a way I just wasn't expecting. I've got a decent setup here with my PC, but the performance problems on top of the experience that was buggier than my day one time with Fallout 76 made it difficult to keep on pushing on. It's a shame. Buried under all of the technical mess, there's a game I'm really, really interested in under there...

Camells

The Forgotten One
Oct 25, 2017
My initial impressions 3 hours in the game aren't stellar

The game is fine but nothing really stands out...it looks really compromised visually (running on PS5 via PS4 BC) but performance is nice so far.
The world is lifeless and combat gameplay is junky (expected coming from CDPR). Art direction, costume design and world building is really cool though.

Let's see what happens next but initially the game is somewhat overhyped at least for me.

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Asset pop in when driving is really bad, especially during day time (PC version with max settings, RT off). Also, bodies of water look horrible.

RulkezX

Oct 27, 2017
DLSS has some really ugly side effects, it's really noticeable in the inventory screens changing clothes.

It's RT worth the hit btw ? I7 10700 / 2070 Super and I'm sub 60 using the recommended experience recommendation @1440p ( DLSS balanced RT on but lighting off)

Newman96

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else find the colour a bit all over the place on PS5? I'm just making my character and the black hair looks almost green, don't think it's my TV as I haven't had issues with any other game.

DenverCo

Feb 21, 2019
Denver
Played five hours so far and it's pretty disappointing. I've been having more fun grinding in Yakuza then I have playing this game. I want to like it because I waited so long to play it but something about this game just feels so empty and bland. Such a shame because I liked the Witcher games and I expected more.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Did you yourself not buy the game?
Nope. Nor am I beating down on the people in the thread that did. I'm just critical of companies that tout inclusiveness while exploiting trans people with the vague promise that it's handled in the game, when it isn't. There's no reason for any of it to be there and the game would have sold equally as well without it. As for grinding workers to the bone – it's appalling that they did so and crunched for such a tight deadline when the game is evidently still in an extremely rough state. Reeks of mismanagement.

LNBL

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it's not good. I was thinking last night how is the game going to run once it gets its next gen patch if it's already dropping quite heavily just running the last gen version in BC mode
95f.gif

Rykane

Prophet of Truth
Nov 22, 2019
That's true, but the game controlled like garbage. The story is the only reason why I didn't drop it. A game that doesn't have good controls shouldn't have a 97 Metacritic score imo.
I really liked the controls and the "weightiness" of the movement. I've heard a lot of people didn't like it though so I'm probably in the minority. I really dislike it when games have really floating and instant movement it just pulls me out of the game for some reason. I understand why people don't like weighty movement though as it can be frustrating I guess. I think the way the movement in the game helped me immerse more into the game to be honest. I think if it was too floaty it would look very goofy imo.

Regarding movement in cyberpunk, I'm playing on PC and I'm extremely disappointed there's no toggle walk keybind. I don't want to have to resort plugging in a control to just walk around and take in the atmosphere. I hope they eventually patch in a keybind to toggle walking.

Ont

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
The CE box just arrived and it is a much larger box than I had imagined.

Akiba756

Oct 1, 2020
Sao Paolo, Brazil
Played a bit on ps4 slim, just did the first mission (the one on the e3 2018 demo) so far, the frame rate is good enough for me during combat, I've seen some weird bugs, but nothing game breaking (the text on the tutorial pop ups bring messed up) but it's playable, and so far, I like what I am seeing of the world and combat, too soon to talk about characters

Honestly, the difference between this and something like Anthem or Fallout 76, is that, even if it's buggy and messy at launch, people like the core game enough to let it slide, it wants to be an ambitious open world rpg, while Anthem and F76 were merely trying to chase live service trends

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
"Wow! You can play as a corporate salaryperson? What a unique and interesting RPG background to explore!"

*Gets fired from job 20 minutes in and reverts to the life of a street urchin*
yep i did that and got a bug during the stealth tutorial, thinking i might as well restart and try a different path lol

Cosmic

Jan 7, 2018
Hi everyone, I hope you are well? I wonder if anyone may be able to assist me?

I bought the Cyberpunk Xbox One X console and redeemed the game on it a while ago. Installed the game but my brother tried to play it today and it wouldn't let us play it, even though it should be tied to my account. I transferred it over to the Series X but still couldn't play it. Even though it said I can play it in the store. Upon selecting play even though the game is installed it takes me to a separate install file to where the game isn't actually installed. Like I have two versions installed but one doesn't have any data. I tried deleting it from the original Cyberpunk console so I could try installing it again, but now I can't find figure out how to install it again. The game as far as I can tell no longer exists on the console. I then tried to go to
Select
Settings
>
Account
>
Included with this Xbox

But because I have already claimed the offer to download the game it wont let me claim it again but wont let me re-install either. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What's the difference with the two types of hdr on the pc?

So you can watch that if you want, but for most it'll probably just confused you more than it helps. I just linked it for discussion amongst the experts hopefully like EvilBoris

On PC you should from my understanding be using scrgb format as the native color space/way that windows interprets it, is scrgb. You can use hdr10 PQ as well. But it's not as accurate I guess.

If someone understood that video better than I did, please please step in and correct or clarify.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
See people asking about it. Seems the same. Or not much difference
Series X performance vs quality seems mostly difference in lighting and less "shimmering"?

Hero Prinny

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why was everyone going on about the prologue being like 6 hours? I did the nomad path and got to act 1 within like an hour and a half, my friend did corporate and his prologue was exactly an hour. Can you do side missions in the prologue or something? Cause as i was doing it it felt very much on rails and like i wasnt supposed to go off and explore yet

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
Have a few question if that is ok:

Will there be a PC performance thread or we do just about a pc questions and specs in this thread?
Are we allowed to post screenshots from our own social pages (aka twitter embed even if its your own tweets?)
Is setting up an screenshot / photo mode thread for this game allowed or will this be the only thread about this game with everything combined in order to keep everyone on the same rules page?

Thank you all
As of right now I think this will be the only thread for all things Cyberpunk.

You can link media from your own social media as long as it isn't to promote yourself.

Arrahant

Nov 6, 2017
NL
Thanks for this. I'm on a 2080Ti too and waiting to hear reports on optimal settings. Not sure I'll buy the game now or wait, but it's good to know you can get decent performance.

It's really not bad on a 2080Ti at 4K. Curious to know what your results are. If you can live without rtx you can easily crank up some settings above high and maintain 60+ fps.

Deleted member 34169

User requested account closure
Nov 23, 2017
So I'm seeing all this PS4 stuff and I kinda find it weird. The shitty graphic memes, bad performance, etc. Is it hyperbole? I'm on a base PS4. Admittedly only logged about 30 mins but it's definitely playable and certainly not a "scam" yet. Maybe it gets worse?

Dever

Dec 25, 2019
That's true, but the game controlled like garbage. The story is the only reason why I didn't drop it. A game that doesn't have good controls shouldn't have a 97 Metacritic score imo.

Yeah, but at least that was the developer's intentional vision, however misguided :D

Unlike poor framerate and bugs in Cyberpunk