• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Epileptic PSA: There are reports that animations and flashing lights in this game can cause seizures. Read this article for more information

Why is there controversy surrounding CD Projekt Red and Cyberpunk 2077?

CD Projekt Red has a history of transphobia. This is well documented at this point and not a matter of debate. Due to this context there is particular concern about transphobic or insensitive content in Cyberpunk 2077 itself, such as the decision to tie gender to voice in the character creator, and trans fetishization in illustrations in the game—and these are just examples from prerelease footage. Additionally, there have been concerns about racist imagery and stereotyping. This article goes into depth about some of these issues.

What incidents of transphobia have occurred surrounding the game and the company, and why are they hurtful?

This list will be updated over time as more examples come to light, especially as the game releases and more content is uncovered. If you wish to have something added to this list, please send me a DM and get my attention.

Why is ResetEra allowing an official thread for this game?

There has been a lot of discussion about whether there should even be an official thread for Cyberpunk 2077, and many points of view were considered for this decision. Ultimately, a thread like this can serve as a platform for minority concerns to be aired and discussed respectfully, and given appropriate attention. We've also heard from minority members, including some trans members, who have asked for a space where they can talk about the game without needing to worry about trolling and bigoted posting. We expect all posters in the thread to extend the consideration and empathy to give them that space. We will be moderating as strictly as necessary to make sure they do.

What can I do to help fight transphobia?

Transphobia exists in many aspects of our lives. From casual discrimination such as the continuous misuse of a person's preferred pronouns, to more serious ramifications such as housing being denied, legal rights being taken away, and being discriminated in the legal system. Every trans person either has experienced transphobia in their lives, or will experience transphobia at some point.

Moreover, transphobia is a systematic issue that is present in every level of our society. Politicians fight to take away our rights. Celebrities use coded language and religious justifications, if not outright hostility, in order to continue to deny our existence. Media continues to portray us as the butt of a joke, or acts like we're something to be fascinated by, rather than treated with respect.

Actions speak louder than words: Become active in your local politics, donate to transgender causes, stand up for these issues wherever they arise, and if you know transgender people in your life be there for them and support them.

Here are some pro-trans organizations around the world where you can make a donation and show your support
  • For those of you in the US, The Trevor Project is one of the leading LGBT organizations. They are dedicated to crisis intervention and suicide prevention for people who are in need of support, love, and care.
  • For those of you in the UK, Mermaids is dedicated to the support of transgender, non-binary, and gender-diverse children, young adults, and their families. They have been around since 1995, and have been one of the most vocal voices speaking out against transphobia in the UK, including showing the dangers that transphobia imposes upon our youth.
  • If you would like to donate to CDPR's native country of Poland, you can find the Trans-Fuzja Foundation website here. The Trans-Fuzja Foundation has been around since 2008, and is dedicated to the support of transgender people in Poland in many aspects of life and society, including politics.
We are your friends. We are your family members. We're your coworkers. We're the people you meet on the street. We're the essential workers who keep society running in a pandemic. We're everywhere. We're not some sort of freak or joke, and we're not going away.

I want to give major thanks to Uzzy for lending her talent, time, and effort in putting together graphics and material for this official thread. Without her, this would not have been possible on such short notice. I would also like to give a shout out and thanks to Kyuuji for allowing me to use images and links from her own thread for this posts.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Why is the PS4/5 game over 100gb? The Series X version is barely at 60gb, the PC version is at around 61gb...but the PS4/5 version is slightly over 100gb? Anyone know?

flipswitch

Oct 25, 2017
On console, texturing isn't too hot, character models too are nothing special. This is a big budget game. What happened? Consoles can and have done better than this.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
This is one of the buggiest damn games I've played in recent memory. There is Eurojank and then there's... this. Eight years of development and countless months of crunch and we got this?

This should have been delayed another 6-12 months. This is absurd.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So wait we didn't even end up with the PC performance stuff threadmarked?

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
So I did a non lethal take down, moved the body and then put him down and...????
AnxiousWhiteGoldfinch-size_restricted.gif

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
just played my first hour, holy hell this game murders my 3070 / Ryzen 3600...wonder if Nvidia can get any more performance out of this.
Turn off Ray Tracing (not worth it) and enable DLSS Quality or Balanced mode should fix allot of the performance issues. I also turned off chromatic aberration and film grain since they ruin picture quality, I might disable motion blur too. I'm not really sure if some of the shadow/SSR settings should be left at ultra or high settings, I went ahead and put most things on high..

oofouchugh

Oct 29, 2017
Night City
Why is the PS4/5 game over 100gb? The Series X version is barely at 60gb, the PC version is at around 61gb...but the PS4/5 version is slightly over 100gb? Anyone know?

I would assume its because of duplicated assets to improve loading times so the hard drive doesn't spend as much time seeking for data, while anything with an SSD doesn't need the duplicated assets. There isn't an actual PS5 version right, its just running in backwards compat?

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I don't think I'm playing this on PS5 until the update. Still keeping my pre-order for the E3 discount.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Question for any programmers in here. What are some good programs to open archive files and see what is inside them? Had a chance to finally sit down and look at the files Cybperpunk is using. But unlike Witcher 3 they are all stored as archive files and I'm not sure how to open them and view all the content. My attempts to open it with some software have given me only binary code values that go on for thousands and thousands of lines. I think I know the archive the transphobic posters so I just need to open it and figure out and easy way for people to swap them out.

Any help would be appreciated!

*neverminded did some snooping online and I found a community that has an archive extractor up and running. Gonna download it now and see what I can do

**fuck me this is gonna take some learning

Last edited:

Zenkuso

Jan 28, 2019
Ray tracing is neat but even on a 5900x with 3070 it's just not worth it, prefer frames and the second you disable it the frames jump a lot.

Resident Guru

Oct 28, 2017
i7-8700k

I'm not super well read on computer parts, but I'm pretty sure this one is decent, right?
Yes it's still good. However it's 6 core and with some of these newer games you may experience frame drops. 8 core CPU's are kind of becoming a requirement for mid to high end PC gaming these days due to that.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
I would assume its because of duplicated assets to improve loading times so the hard drive doesn't spend as much time seeking for data, while anything with an SSD doesn't need the duplicated assets. There isn't an actual PS5 version right, its just running in backwards compat?
But the Series X version is just the Xbox One X version of the game with the toggle of Performance/Quality. The base Xbox One version is also just at around 60gb as well.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
Jesus Christ the game looks like ass on PS4 Pro. I have to believe its a bug and something is fucked up, because I haven't seen a more blurry game on Pro.

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
My only 2 gripes with the game are

• Missing customizable hotkey-binding on keyboard (character, crafting, map etc)
  • TRANSMORG / vanity slots absolutely needed. Holy shit - I look like a clown
NrJbow1.jpg

oofouchugh

Oct 29, 2017
Night City
But the Series X version is just the Xbox One X version of the game with the toggle of Performance/Quality. The base Xbox One version is also just at around 60gb as well.

Hmm, weird. I know Microsoft has some system for picking what level of assets it loads on each console, so something like a XBS doesn't download all the high resolution textures that a 4k version on the One X needs to save space. Might be related to that, I'm not sure if the PS4 had a similar system for PS4 Pro.

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
Also the attention to detail is gangbusters.

I specced 40% increased reload speed for shotguns, and now he puts both slugs into the chambers at once - before he'd do them individually.

HoodedSoldier

Sep 29, 2018
My only 2 gripes with the game are

• Missing customizable hotkey-binding on keyboard (character, crafting, map etc)
  • TRANSMORG / vanity slots absolutely needed. Holy shit - I look like a clown
NrJbow1.jpg
M will take you to the map. J to your journal. I to your inventory. Those are what I know off the top of my head if that helps your out some. And yes. Yes you do look like a clown. LOL

CurseVox

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts (USA)
Running the game on an ultra wide 3440x1440 with a 3080. With raytracing on and DLSS @ quality I'm getting around 45-60 on average depending on the area. Honestly this game is bonkers in it's scope and so damn immersive. I can't even believe it.

Starting to feel like I should ditch mouse and keyboard for the controller though. I'm feeling a bit clumsy trying to do things.

The GOAT

Nov 2, 2017
So far.. not overly impressed. The Nomad opening was pretty bad. I've got the game maxed out, Ultra RT. Runs great, but doesn't look as good as I thought it might. The controls for hacking feel a bit odd. Maybe I just need more time playing to get the flow, but its clunky feeling right now.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
More thoughts:

Side jobs are easy to miss. There is a lot happening in the UI and I keep missing the little pop up on the left side!

I am using my V Senses constantly as it highlights crap you can loot and interact with. Seems a little cumbersome- also I keep finding lootable items that V simply will not pick up - no interact prompt

The world is dense and rough and crazy. I really like it but there is a pervasive oppressive feeling ...on purpose prob but very different from most games.

The inventory and list seems like a lot. Tons of stuff I'm picking up and having to look and see wtf it is and what to do with it.

Ive settled into 1440p/30/ultra on my 1080ti and it's mostly stable. It's meh. Game looks nice but some parts don't - the food stall near your apt has PS3 gen looking stuff all over the counter. Vending machines look a little blurry. It's weird as the image is crisp as a whole but when you drill down things are...less positive lol.

Still having fun, still a fuckton of info to take in. I like the Street Kid start it seems very appropriate for the world.

Music is crazy...very hard and loud. I hope there is some trance type stuff in here and not all Pounding bass nonstop. The songs have seemed pretty cool so far.

Scarface

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
jesus christ. it seems like everyone has a 3000 series card. fuck me did I get left in the dust with this. Likely wont be able to get one until Jan.

Kaergun

Nov 22, 2017
I just had Jackie casually t-pose float through a countertop into a locker full of magazines causing the locker to explode the magazines all over the room.
This game has some of the funniest bugs I've witnessed. I'm going to start recording so I can capture them. They happen a lot.

TraderPoe

Oct 31, 2017
Pacific Northwest
Ok has anyone found a way to get rid of the yellow exclamation quest marker on the middle of the screen? It shows up even when a quest is untracked. So annoying, the minimap already tells me where to go I don't need a massive UI bubble

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
Playing now on the PS5. Lower resolution is very noticeable.

This game needs the update asap lol

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
What the hell do you do when I over heating?

Just seemingly happened constantly through this whole last mission.....

Wracu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is one of the buggiest damn games I've played in recent memory. There is Eurojank and then there's... this. Eight years of development and countless months of crunch and we got this?

This should have been delayed another 6-12 months. This is absurd.

Why? Bethesda has more than demonstrated that most reviewers won't penalize your game (if there is enough hype - many games would be absolutely buried for this). Players don't care either.

And yes, it's really fucking sad given the dev time and budget of this game.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand the writing complaints. Dialogue all fits the setting and characters.

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
What the hell do you do when I over heating?

Just seemingly happened constantly through this whole last mission.....

A netrunner is quick hacking you, there's a perk to identify where the netrunner is so you can interrupt/kill them before it happens or you can deal with the effects. They're often way on the other side of the room so not entirely helpful though.

This will probably get lost in the shuffle but these console framerates are legit SHOCKING holy shit

Feel so bad for base console players who paid 60$ for this

Absolutely embarrassing base console performance. Cdpr deserves all of the shit, but they won't get it because they are friends with teh gamers & the gamers won't do that, but of course they'll bitch about a story in a video game that they didn't like for 6 months.... good going gamers😑

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
LOL my game crashed when I got blown up by something (grenade?) and now any attempt to continue results in an immediate crash to desktop. CDPR took notes from Bethesda on how to develop an open-world RPG!

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
So, I'm supposedly supposed to "talk to Viktor" after my surgery... I've done that. I don't have money to pay the debt and otherwise he just babbles... what am I missing? I'm just stuck in this ripperdoc area...