• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Transistor

Vodka martini, dirty, with Tito's please
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Epileptic PSA: There are reports that animations and flashing lights in this game can cause seizures. Read this article for more information

Why is there controversy surrounding CD Projekt Red and Cyberpunk 2077?

CD Projekt Red has a history of transphobia. This is well documented at this point and not a matter of debate. Due to this context there is particular concern about transphobic or insensitive content in Cyberpunk 2077 itself, such as the decision to tie gender to voice in the character creator, and trans fetishization in illustrations in the game—and these are just examples from prerelease footage. Additionally, there have been concerns about racist imagery and stereotyping. This article goes into depth about some of these issues.

What incidents of transphobia have occurred surrounding the game and the company, and why are they hurtful?

This list will be updated over time as more examples come to light, especially as the game releases and more content is uncovered. If you wish to have something added to this list, please send me a DM and get my attention.

Why is ResetEra allowing an official thread for this game?

There has been a lot of discussion about whether there should even be an official thread for Cyberpunk 2077, and many points of view were considered for this decision. Ultimately, a thread like this can serve as a platform for minority concerns to be aired and discussed respectfully, and given appropriate attention. We've also heard from minority members, including some trans members, who have asked for a space where they can talk about the game without needing to worry about trolling and bigoted posting. We expect all posters in the thread to extend the consideration and empathy to give them that space. We will be moderating as strictly as necessary to make sure they do.

What can I do to help fight transphobia?

Transphobia exists in many aspects of our lives. From casual discrimination such as the continuous misuse of a person's preferred pronouns, to more serious ramifications such as housing being denied, legal rights being taken away, and being discriminated in the legal system. Every trans person either has experienced transphobia in their lives, or will experience transphobia at some point.

Moreover, transphobia is a systematic issue that is present in every level of our society. Politicians fight to take away our rights. Celebrities use coded language and religious justifications, if not outright hostility, in order to continue to deny our existence. Media continues to portray us as the butt of a joke, or acts like we're something to be fascinated by, rather than treated with respect.

Actions speak louder than words: Become active in your local politics, donate to transgender causes, stand up for these issues wherever they arise, and if you know transgender people in your life be there for them and support them.

Here are some pro-trans organizations around the world where you can make a donation and show your support
  • For those of you in the US, The Trevor Project is one of the leading LGBT organizations. They are dedicated to crisis intervention and suicide prevention for people who are in need of support, love, and care.
  • For those of you in the UK, Mermaids is dedicated to the support of transgender, non-binary, and gender-diverse children, young adults, and their families. They have been around since 1995, and have been one of the most vocal voices speaking out against transphobia in the UK, including showing the dangers that transphobia imposes upon our youth.
  • If you would like to donate to CDPR's native country of Poland, you can find the Trans-Fuzja Foundation website here. The Trans-Fuzja Foundation has been around since 2008, and is dedicated to the support of transgender people in Poland in many aspects of life and society, including politics.
We are your friends. We are your family members. We're your coworkers. We're the people you meet on the street. We're the essential workers who keep society running in a pandemic. We're everywhere. We're not some sort of freak or joke, and we're not going away.

I want to give major thanks to Uzzy for lending her talent, time, and effort in putting together graphics and material for this official thread. Without her, this would not have been possible on such short notice. I would also like to give a shout out and thanks to Kyuuji for allowing me to use images and links from her own thread for this posts.

Tawney Bomb

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Think I'm going to refund this and hold off until I upgrade from my 1080. Game looks amazing on ultra, but it is a bit too much for my rig

Aveis

Oct 28, 2017
Timisoara
God the ps4 base version is something else, the pop in and low assets are so distracting
And the framerate isn't that great either
I didn't expect it to run like that :/

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
This first scene is iconic and it looks as good as trailers if not better with an RTX 3070 everything maxed out at @1440p - DLSS Quality I'm getting 55-60. I don't want to go out of that door lol. The graphics were so blurry and messy on the character creation screen. Don't determine hair color based on that in-game it looks completely different.

cyberpunk2077screenshkjkf8.png
Yeah, no matter your settings, the start where you create your character it is blurry. It is the same on Series X, but just a bit more blurrier. Seems odd that they have the character creation forced to a blurry mess even on a high end PC. I can say though once you pass that, the actual game looks fantastic...just a very odd/weird that they over-ride settings in the character creation.

b0uncyfr0

Apr 2, 2018
It seems alright so far:

Playing on Medium preset (which is mostly High + afew Medium) with all the screen efx off - 16x anis and im hitting 60 fps easily on my 1070 and 3770k at 1080p.

Fuck, there's no internal downsampling? What is this, 2036? Cmon CDPR...

Now i'm forced to use custom resolutions which make shitty blurry af.... if anyone finds a workaround, pls post.

Also let's get them PC tweaks going.

romey

Mar 2, 2020
Silly question. But how do I perform a stealth kill in the tutorial? I'm pressing melee, but nothing happens.

Oracle

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
For HUD and UI settings can it be dynamic ? Only popping up when need be or simply on and off only ? Color? Transparency? Size ?

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Silly question. But how do I perform a stealth kill in the tutorial? I'm pressing melee, but nothing happens.
Did you go into stealth mode? On controller it is hitting "B", the icon in the lower right corner will show your character kneeling down to signify you are in crouch mode.

Qassim

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
1440p@60 quality still processing, but this is at probably the heaviest part of the game so far for me. Stuck above 60fps basically (0.1% low 16fps at the start is me starting the recording).

https://i.imgur.com/2n01VAi.png settings here

GPU: GeForce RTX 3080
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor
Memory: 32 GB RAM (31.93 GB RAM usable)
Current resolution: 2560 x 1440, 144Hz

My CPU cooler is duff, have a replacement here but can't fit it until I get a new backplate.. so my CPU performance is probably limited somewhat due to high temps.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Not even out of the first area yet and already hit a bug. My sprint key just randomly stopped working until I reloaded the game.

1440p@60 quality still processing, but this is at probably the heaviest part of the game so far for me. Stuck above 60fps basically (0.1% low 16fps at the start is me starting the recording).

GPU: GeForce RTX 3080
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor
Memory: 32 GB RAM (31.93 GB RAM usable)
Current resolution: 2560 x 1440, 144Hz

Haven't hit that part yet, but so far my performance is the same. On a 3080.

Apr 27, 2018
For everyone stuck at 54.7 GB like myself. Go to properties, and disable the download for DLC content. It should then unpack.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I have a 1080 and a 3700x, anyone have any idea on how it would run? Talk of console performance is making me wonder if I should just get it on pc and return the PS4 copy...

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
Played a bit on PS5. Looks a bit yikes. Especially next to Valhalla which is shockingly gorgeous. You really gotta hand it to Ubisoft sometimes. A game of comparable scope, met its deadlines, next gen version day 1, less bugs.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Ultra Performance with utlra raytracing and most other settings at ultra. Getting a not-quite-locked 60FPS.
Same set up as mine then. Do you notice any visual downgrade using UP on DLSS? I am sure it is doing something to hit that frame rate with all the other settings at ultra...but boy I am not noticing much as of yet. lol

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Same set up as mine then. Do you notice any visual downgrade using UP on DLSS? I am sure it is doing something to hit that frame rate with all the other settings at ultra...but boy I am not noticing much as of yet. lol
There is definitely a noticeable visual downgrade using Ultra Performance DLSS in 4K. It's meant for 8K. But I'll take it to run the game in 4K with Ultra settings + RT at almost 60 FPS.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Turn down volumetric fog. I was getting 55-60 in the first section after the cutscene in the Corpo intro, dropped both volumetric fog settings down to medium, and am doing 60-65 on a GTX 1080.

Knock shadows down a step too since it'll probably help and you probably won't notice.

Anoxida

Oct 30, 2017
On PC @ 1440p. DLSS turned on or off game is still fairly blurry, Im guessing they use a strong built in TAA.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Can someone post/pm me the controller settings that was brought up like 40+ pages ago? lol. Something about going into a deeper controller settings screen and adjusting something. Thread is flying so fast it is impossible to find that post. I think Theory mentioned it.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good Lord, the game is at 1.1 million viewers on Twitch. I've never seen numbers that high for a game

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Tested at 1600p. Yeah DLSS is completely broken in this game. It adds so much artifacting and shimmering I'd far rather play with RTX and DLSS off than.

BioZilla

Jan 29, 2018
Can someone post/pm me the controller settings that was brought up like 40+ pages ago? lol. Something about going into a deeper controller settings screen and adjusting something. Thread is flying so fast it is impossible to find that post. I think Theory mentioned it.

Same here, I messed with mine but can't help feel something is still off LOL

Oct 27, 2017
OKC
I haven't seen anyone here talking about GTX 1080 performance... I have that card and only 8GB of RAM. Am I doomed to 30FPS medium or something?

im on a gtx 1080 at 144hz gysnc 1440p

basically having to run at low settings, some stuff off, a few things at medium, textures on high and getting like 45-60, mainly high 40's and low 50's.

Carian Knight

Oct 27, 2017
Turkey
Do yourself a favor and turn that CA and film grain off, there is no slider for them just an on/off switch and it's atrocious.

CA/FG ON:

onl6j5b.png

OFF:

offkzjzo.png

GasPanic!

Oct 28, 2017
So far it runs really well with DLSS Ultra Performance at 4k with my 2080 TI/9900K with most settings settings maxed. I wonder what the internal resolution is at that setting. But I cannot complain, it looks still pretty crisp (Nomad start). Switching to DLSS Performance tanks the fps quite often.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Hopping in very quickly to say my game is running surprisingly smooth. I'm averaging 55-60 fps with a 2070 Super and a 3700x. Have ray tracing set to ultra, and most things set to high/ultra. DLSS at Performance. Playing at 1440p.
Same specs but with the 2080 super. Gonna see how it runs in a few hours....

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Is it even confirmed that this is DLSS 2.0? This feels like 1.9 to me. It looks significantly worse than any DLSS 2.0 game I've played.