• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Epileptic PSA: There are reports that animations and flashing lights in this game can cause seizures. Read this article for more information

Why is there controversy surrounding CD Projekt Red and Cyberpunk 2077?

CD Projekt Red has a history of transphobia. This is well documented at this point and not a matter of debate. Due to this context there is particular concern about transphobic or insensitive content in Cyberpunk 2077 itself, such as the decision to tie gender to voice in the character creator, and trans fetishization in illustrations in the game—and these are just examples from prerelease footage. Additionally, there have been concerns about racist imagery and stereotyping. This article goes into depth about some of these issues.

What incidents of transphobia have occurred surrounding the game and the company, and why are they hurtful?

This list will be updated over time as more examples come to light, especially as the game releases and more content is uncovered. If you wish to have something added to this list, please send me a DM and get my attention.

Why is ResetEra allowing an official thread for this game?

There has been a lot of discussion about whether there should even be an official thread for Cyberpunk 2077, and many points of view were considered for this decision. Ultimately, a thread like this can serve as a platform for minority concerns to be aired and discussed respectfully, and given appropriate attention. We've also heard from minority members, including some trans members, who have asked for a space where they can talk about the game without needing to worry about trolling and bigoted posting. We expect all posters in the thread to extend the consideration and empathy to give them that space. We will be moderating as strictly as necessary to make sure they do.

What can I do to help fight transphobia?

Transphobia exists in many aspects of our lives. From casual discrimination such as the continuous misuse of a person's preferred pronouns, to more serious ramifications such as housing being denied, legal rights being taken away, and being discriminated in the legal system. Every trans person either has experienced transphobia in their lives, or will experience transphobia at some point.

Moreover, transphobia is a systematic issue that is present in every level of our society. Politicians fight to take away our rights. Celebrities use coded language and religious justifications, if not outright hostility, in order to continue to deny our existence. Media continues to portray us as the butt of a joke, or acts like we're something to be fascinated by, rather than treated with respect.

Actions speak louder than words: Become active in your local politics, donate to transgender causes, stand up for these issues wherever they arise, and if you know transgender people in your life be there for them and support them.

Here are some pro-trans organizations around the world where you can make a donation and show your support
  • For those of you in the US, The Trevor Project is one of the leading LGBT organizations. They are dedicated to crisis intervention and suicide prevention for people who are in need of support, love, and care.
  • For those of you in the UK, Mermaids is dedicated to the support of transgender, non-binary, and gender-diverse children, young adults, and their families. They have been around since 1995, and have been one of the most vocal voices speaking out against transphobia in the UK, including showing the dangers that transphobia imposes upon our youth.
  • If you would like to donate to CDPR's native country of Poland, you can find the Trans-Fuzja Foundation website here. The Trans-Fuzja Foundation has been around since 2008, and is dedicated to the support of transgender people in Poland in many aspects of life and society, including politics.
We are your friends. We are your family members. We're your coworkers. We're the people you meet on the street. We're the essential workers who keep society running in a pandemic. We're everywhere. We're not some sort of freak or joke, and we're not going away.

I want to give major thanks to Uzzy for lending her talent, time, and effort in putting together graphics and material for this official thread. Without her, this would not have been possible on such short notice. I would also like to give a shout out and thanks to Kyuuji for allowing me to use images and links from her own thread for this posts.

F2BBm3ga

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So not being able to Rebind the F key to something else is really annoying. is there any particular reason why this isnt possible or am I missing something

Oct 27, 2017
USA
This first scene is iconic and it looks as good as trailers if not better with an RTX 3070 everything maxed out at @1440p - DLSS Quality I'm getting 55-60. I don't want to go out of that door lol. The graphics were so blurry and messy on the character creation screen. Don't determine hair color based on that in-game it looks completely different.

cyberpunk2077screenshkjkf8.png
OMG i keep tweaking with my video settings thinking something is wrong at the character creator screen looking at the quality of the model LOL. Have a 2080Super, i7 9700k, Samsung 970 Evo. Was HOPING for 1440p High, RTX, DLSS quality, but after hearing about your 55-60 FPS on a 3070!!...........😔

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
CDPR:

z9Bf800.png

Also CDPR, upon launching Cyberpunk 2077:

h4dMv9t.png

I wish I could have exchanged words with the boardroom executive that shoehorned this meaningless launcher in there.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
DLSS looks like absolute dogshit at 1080p. The carpet textures in the corpo starting area are horrible.

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
Hopping in very quickly to say my game is running surprisingly smooth. I'm averaging 55-60 fps with a 2070 Super and a 3700x. Have ray tracing set to ultra, and most things set to high/ultra. DLSS at Performance. Playing at 1440p.

rucury

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Puerto Rico
I haven't seen anyone here talking about GTX 1080 performance... I have that card and only 8GB of RAM. Am I doomed to 30FPS medium or something?

flipswitch

Oct 25, 2017
This first scene is iconic and it looks as good as trailers if not better with an RTX 3070 everything maxed out at @1440p - DLSS Quality I'm getting 55-60. I don't want to go out of that door lol. The graphics were so blurry and messy on the character creation screen. Don't determine hair color based on that in-game it looks completely different.

cyberpunk2077screenshkjkf8.png

What CPU?

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Anyone having luck capping it to 30fps and getting good frame times? I'll be looking at doing that on my 6600k and 2070 Super.

Merino

Oct 26, 2017
It doesn't look so great on PS5. Wasn't expecting PC results but still feel a bit let down looking at it on my 4k OLED.
Might have preferred 30fps with higher resolution so it wouldn't be so blurry. Also the car ride with Dex looked like PS3 gen rather than what I've seen in the trailers.

Bugs are okay, they are there and sometimes break immersion but it's tolerable.

Mar 31, 2018
Yup, do not even try to attempt this on GTX 970 and I5 3570 /similar specs. It's funny to see though because you know it is going to be terrible but it even surpasses those 'expectations', haha

CollectedDust

Oct 27, 2017
Indiana
Man. Steam is just straight up stopping the DL at 95%...
I can't figure out Steam right now. I have 54.2 GB / 57.4 GB. My download speed is under 1MB/s, yet my internet speed should be giving me more like 30MB/s (which is what I normally get with Steam). What is wrong right now???

Edit: Out of nowhere it jumped to 18MB/s, it was sitting below 1MB for a long time. Steam must just be having server issues.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
I've been super, super fortunate to have fiber now for about ~5 years, and even half a decade later it sometimes blows my mind. Middle-school me downloading SpaceWorld videos from IGN over 56k would have been utterly blown away to a point of not being able to believe it.

pZmrxOZ.png

That said, I've had two friends already tell me their download has hung at 95-99%, so who knows if I'm playing tonight. Expecting a Bethesda experience through and through...

Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't look so great on PS5. Wasn't expecting PC results but still feel a bit let down looking at it on my 4k OLED.
Might have preferred 30fps with higher resolution so it wouldn't be so blurry. Also the car ride with Dex looked like PS3 gen rather than what I've seen in the trailers.

Bugs are okay, they are there and sometimes break immersion but it's tolerable.
It sucks that the PS5 doesn't have the quality mode the Xbox does.

Qassim

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Man. Steam is just straight up stopping the DL at 95%...
I can't figure out Steam right now. I have 54.2 GB / 57.4 GB. My download speed is under 1MB/s, yet my internet speed should be giving me more like 30MB/s (which is what I normally get with Steam). What is wrong right now???

Check your disk usage, it's probably decrypting what it already has on disk before continuing to download the rest of the patches.

OmegaProtocol

Nov 19, 2017
I have a PS5, but I'm thinking of getting it on the PC. Here are my gaming laptop specs. What can I expect?

2.6GHz Intel Core i7-9750H hexa-core processor; up to 4.5GHz
16GB DDR4 SDRAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 graphics

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Game is running great for me. Playing at 1440/all ultra with the exception of RT/DLSS at quality. Getting between 60-80 fps. On a 2080ti/9900k.

Anddo

Oct 28, 2017
I have a 9900KS and a 3080 to a X900H and I've had to put it to the "RT medium" preset to get it to stop dipping below 60 - on RT ultra preset it was dropping to like 52/55ish.
What HDR mode did you pick?

I'll try RT-Medium. I figured I would give Ultra a try. I'm hovering around 52-59fps.
I went with the HDR10-pq setting.

Carian Knight

Oct 27, 2017
Turkey
OMG i keep tweaking with my video settings thinking something is wrong at the character creator screen looking at the quality of the model LOL. Have a 2080Super, i7 9700k, Samsung 970 Evo. Was HOPING for 1440p High, RTX, DLSS quality, but after hearing about your 55-60 FPS on a 3070!!...........😔

I haven't tinkered with any of the settings yet, it automatically set everything to max aside from psycho settings so your 2080S will be fine. I just wanted first moment to be the highest quality no matter what the FPS.

BTW what do you do when the game finally gives you control? You check how realistic tire smoke really is and it's the most realistic looking tire smoke I've ever seen especially in action lol.

cyberpunk2077screenshczj9j.png

Poldino

Oct 27, 2020
Been playing this for a couple of hours on PS5 and it's great. So much stuff to do, so much to explore and see, such a beautiful crafted world...amazing!

The game runs great on PS5, silky smooth 60FPS and all, it sure is much more enjoyable than PS4 version. NPCs and traffic density is really bad tho, such a shame

BashNasty

Oct 30, 2017
I'll report how my 1080 handles this at 1440p with gsync... once I get in. Somehow my download speed issue on steam still isn't resolved, even after trying everything. Infuriating. Still fluctuating between 300kbps and 1Mbps.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Yup I am running at the exact same settings and resolution. Not quite a solid 60, but close.
What CPU do you have? I have i9-9900k that is water cooled and OC to 5.1. I am still in teh starting dessert area though...so that performance could go down in the city. But right now with DLSS at Ultra Performance it is running fantastic.