• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Transistor

Vodka martini, dirty, with Tito's please
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Epileptic PSA: There are reports that animations and flashing lights in this game can cause seizures. Read this article for more information

Why is there controversy surrounding CD Projekt Red and Cyberpunk 2077?

CD Projekt Red has a history of transphobia. This is well documented at this point and not a matter of debate. Due to this context there is particular concern about transphobic or insensitive content in Cyberpunk 2077 itself, such as the decision to tie gender to voice in the character creator, and trans fetishization in illustrations in the game—and these are just examples from prerelease footage. Additionally, there have been concerns about racist imagery and stereotyping. This article goes into depth about some of these issues.

What incidents of transphobia have occurred surrounding the game and the company, and why are they hurtful?

This list will be updated over time as more examples come to light, especially as the game releases and more content is uncovered. If you wish to have something added to this list, please send me a DM and get my attention.

Why is ResetEra allowing an official thread for this game?

There has been a lot of discussion about whether there should even be an official thread for Cyberpunk 2077, and many points of view were considered for this decision. Ultimately, a thread like this can serve as a platform for minority concerns to be aired and discussed respectfully, and given appropriate attention. We've also heard from minority members, including some trans members, who have asked for a space where they can talk about the game without needing to worry about trolling and bigoted posting. We expect all posters in the thread to extend the consideration and empathy to give them that space. We will be moderating as strictly as necessary to make sure they do.

What can I do to help fight transphobia?

Transphobia exists in many aspects of our lives. From casual discrimination such as the continuous misuse of a person's preferred pronouns, to more serious ramifications such as housing being denied, legal rights being taken away, and being discriminated in the legal system. Every trans person either has experienced transphobia in their lives, or will experience transphobia at some point.

Moreover, transphobia is a systematic issue that is present in every level of our society. Politicians fight to take away our rights. Celebrities use coded language and religious justifications, if not outright hostility, in order to continue to deny our existence. Media continues to portray us as the butt of a joke, or acts like we're something to be fascinated by, rather than treated with respect.

Actions speak louder than words: Become active in your local politics, donate to transgender causes, stand up for these issues wherever they arise, and if you know transgender people in your life be there for them and support them.

Here are some pro-trans organizations around the world where you can make a donation and show your support
  • For those of you in the US, The Trevor Project is one of the leading LGBT organizations. They are dedicated to crisis intervention and suicide prevention for people who are in need of support, love, and care.
  • For those of you in the UK, Mermaids is dedicated to the support of transgender, non-binary, and gender-diverse children, young adults, and their families. They have been around since 1995, and have been one of the most vocal voices speaking out against transphobia in the UK, including showing the dangers that transphobia imposes upon our youth.
  • If you would like to donate to CDPR's native country of Poland, you can find the Trans-Fuzja Foundation website here. The Trans-Fuzja Foundation has been around since 2008, and is dedicated to the support of transgender people in Poland in many aspects of life and society, including politics.
We are your friends. We are your family members. We're your coworkers. We're the people you meet on the street. We're the essential workers who keep society running in a pandemic. We're everywhere. We're not some sort of freak or joke, and we're not going away.

I want to give major thanks to Uzzy for lending her talent, time, and effort in putting together graphics and material for this official thread. Without her, this would not have been possible on such short notice. I would also like to give a shout out and thanks to Kyuuji for allowing me to use images and links from her own thread for this posts.

Ellite25

Oct 30, 2017
On my 3600X and 5700 XT I'm getting low to mid 40 FPS on the high preset at 1440p. Any thoughts on a setting or two I can tweak to improve performance without hurting the graphics too much?

Last edited:

flipswitch

Oct 25, 2017
So, is the only console version that runs well and looks good the PS5 version? Hearing a LOT of bad things on Xbox One, and base last gen.

Curious to see how the game does over the next 2 days for impressions/bugs/etc.

IF the hype is warranted I may pick it up Friday, but it seems like it's fizzling out fast...

I put 2 hours in the PS5 version and it's nothing special. Soft looking, texturing is weak. FPS gets inconsistent in the city and HDR is broken. Looks very much like a last gen game and compared to them, I've seen much better.

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't tell me the game requires 60 gigs if it actually requires 150+ to install. I freed up 100 gigs on my SSD but it still wasn't enough. So I had to uninstall and download the entire game again onto a different drive. At least the download's fast. Peaked at 82 megabytes/s now it's at 60-70.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
Welp steam concurrent player record was shattered

130911417_1107079556392688_8400225180826749939_n.png

No it was not shattered, not even for today. CSGO had just over 1 million concurrent at some point today, as your picture shows.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I guess we are all the way down to it, now:

Do I get this game on PS5 or Series X? I don't have a beefy PC.

Puggles

Sometimes, it's not a fart
Nov 3, 2017
Put everything on ultra including ray tracing and it's running at about 50-80 FPS on a 3080. Feels pretty smooth with VRR. I'll probably turn down a couple RTX settings to get it about 60.

Arsic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I put 2 hours in the PS5 version and it's nothing special. Soft looking, texturing is weak. FPS gets inconsistent in the city and HDR is broken. Looks very much like a last gen game and compared to them, I've seen much better.

FIgured. Gotta be patient for the "next gen" update.

If I get it it'll be the PC version for my RTX 2080, but with all the complaints about the PC version and performance as well... idk man. Seems like a turd of a game without patches but people are too focused on making their cocks big to care.

Still staying hopeful before deciding on if I want to spend my $ or not.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So, is the only console version that runs well and looks good the PS5 version? Hearing a LOT of bad things on Xbox One, and base last gen.

Curious to see how the game does over the next 2 days for impressions/bugs/etc.

IF the hype is warranted I may pick it up Friday, but it seems like it's fizzling out fast...

You'd probably be better just waiting for the real "next gen" patch some time next year. The game will be cheaper by then and you'll have a game that will hopefully look the part. It's very much a last gen title at the moment...and sadly it's a last gen title that was a bit over ambitious for last gen.

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
I'm playing the game on PC via GOG and I keep crashing in Character select when changing through the options, usually back and forth on the same one. Powered through to get away from it and then crashing within minutes in-game.

Have a pretty high end PC (3080, 8700k, 32gb RAM, SSD) and running at reasonable settings. Made sure to validate game files, check for update, turn off all overlays and restart my PC but the game keeps crashing. Ran various benchmarks and all run without issue so doubt it's system stability, especially since I formated yesterday. Anyone else running into this?

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
With ultra performance dlss this seems to run fine at 1440p on my monitor. on my 4k tv however thats another story. gonna take some major tweaking to get running for that sweet sweet hdr.

edit: why does this game not have an internal resolution slider?

ShadowGP

Oct 27, 2017
Playing on PS5. Since PS5 has HDR always on with PS4 games. What should i do?
Leave it on from the system and off in the game?
Turn it off from the system and then turn it on from in game.
Both on? (this is what i did but blacks looks washed out)

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
I have managed to confuse myself with the HDR settings. Would be cool if anyone has some guidance.
Steam Overlay usually looks a particular blown out way, but with Cyberpunk depending on what I do sometimes it looks very weird, but the game looks about right. I'll keep messing with it

Trojan

Oct 27, 2017
Is anyone having issues playing on PC with an overclocked card? Want to know if I can fire up Afterburner to tame this beast

JackEtc

Oct 28, 2017
NYC
Game is taxing as hell. But I am getting 4k/60 max setting on my Sony 900H with a 5600x/3080.
I have a 9900KS and a 3080 to a X900H and I've had to put it to the "RT medium" preset to get it to stop dipping below 60 - on RT ultra preset it was dropping to like 52/55ish.
What HDR mode did you pick?

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
I just played about 40min worth and took a break. Going to play more later tonight.

My rig:

i7 8700K stock no overclocking
RTX 2070 Super
32GB RAM
Samsung EVO 960 SSD

I first put the game on Ultra, no RT, 1440p. I was getting fluctuations between 35 and 45 frames per second. After that I enabled DLSS on the "performance" mode and set a 60fps lock and I'm getting pretty consistent 60fps now with small drops to 56 at the lowest, but not frequently. The image is a bit softer than I would like (I'm assuming it's just kicking it down to 1080p at this point with the scaling) but it still looks pretty great and I'm fairly happy with it.

I'll play around with RT later but I highly doubt I'm even going to attempt to enable it if I have to kick DLSS up high in order to get 60fps.

FoxJenkins

Dec 12, 2017
Can't get past 93 percent on the download on steam and don't know how to do a clean install cuz it keeps starting back at 93%. Sucks

impingu1984

Oct 31, 2017
UK
That sounds like an unrealistic resolution for that GPU and this game, though not too far from my native 3440x1440 so that doesn't sound too good for my 1080 Ti
It's the first game to make my 1080ti simply feel not good enough, even at 3840x1600...

Swapping to 2560x1440 is 50-60 fps.. on high... Plan was for a 3080... haha

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
that's the thing, there's no ps5 version.

No it was not shattered, not even for today. CSGO had just over 1 million concurrent at some point today, as your picture shows.
he probably meant today, right now

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
WOW...I am on Series X and I would not even remotely call it close to being a last gen game. I am currently downloading the PS version and will do a comparison and post what I see.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Liking the world so far, but JFC there's aliasing everywhere. With and without DLSS it's staircase city at 1440p and there's no antialiasing option that I can find in game. Got everything on Ultra for testing purposes though, and so far it hasn't gone below 60 yet with DLSS set to Quality.