• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Epileptic PSA: There are reports that animations and flashing lights in this game can cause seizures. Read this article for more information

Why is there controversy surrounding CD Projekt Red and Cyberpunk 2077?

CD Projekt Red has a history of transphobia. This is well documented at this point and not a matter of debate. Due to this context there is particular concern about transphobic or insensitive content in Cyberpunk 2077 itself, such as the decision to tie gender to voice in the character creator, and trans fetishization in illustrations in the game—and these are just examples from prerelease footage. Additionally, there have been concerns about racist imagery and stereotyping. This article goes into depth about some of these issues.

What incidents of transphobia have occurred surrounding the game and the company, and why are they hurtful?

This list will be updated over time as more examples come to light, especially as the game releases and more content is uncovered. If you wish to have something added to this list, please send me a DM and get my attention.

Why is ResetEra allowing an official thread for this game?

There has been a lot of discussion about whether there should even be an official thread for Cyberpunk 2077, and many points of view were considered for this decision. Ultimately, a thread like this can serve as a platform for minority concerns to be aired and discussed respectfully, and given appropriate attention. We've also heard from minority members, including some trans members, who have asked for a space where they can talk about the game without needing to worry about trolling and bigoted posting. We expect all posters in the thread to extend the consideration and empathy to give them that space. We will be moderating as strictly as necessary to make sure they do.

What can I do to help fight transphobia?

Transphobia exists in many aspects of our lives. From casual discrimination such as the continuous misuse of a person's preferred pronouns, to more serious ramifications such as housing being denied, legal rights being taken away, and being discriminated in the legal system. Every trans person either has experienced transphobia in their lives, or will experience transphobia at some point.

Moreover, transphobia is a systematic issue that is present in every level of our society. Politicians fight to take away our rights. Celebrities use coded language and religious justifications, if not outright hostility, in order to continue to deny our existence. Media continues to portray us as the butt of a joke, or acts like we're something to be fascinated by, rather than treated with respect.

Actions speak louder than words: Become active in your local politics, donate to transgender causes, stand up for these issues wherever they arise, and if you know transgender people in your life be there for them and support them.

Here are some pro-trans organizations around the world where you can make a donation and show your support
  • For those of you in the US, The Trevor Project is one of the leading LGBT organizations. They are dedicated to crisis intervention and suicide prevention for people who are in need of support, love, and care.
  • For those of you in the UK, Mermaids is dedicated to the support of transgender, non-binary, and gender-diverse children, young adults, and their families. They have been around since 1995, and have been one of the most vocal voices speaking out against transphobia in the UK, including showing the dangers that transphobia imposes upon our youth.
  • If you would like to donate to CDPR's native country of Poland, you can find the Trans-Fuzja Foundation website here. The Trans-Fuzja Foundation has been around since 2008, and is dedicated to the support of transgender people in Poland in many aspects of life and society, including politics.
We are your friends. We are your family members. We're your coworkers. We're the people you meet on the street. We're the essential workers who keep society running in a pandemic. We're everywhere. We're not some sort of freak or joke, and we're not going away.

I want to give major thanks to Uzzy for lending her talent, time, and effort in putting together graphics and material for this official thread. Without her, this would not have been possible on such short notice. I would also like to give a shout out and thanks to Kyuuji for allowing me to use images and links from her own thread for this posts.

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
Corpo yeah.
Its just the quests are like Witcher 3. But now with even better voice acting, animations, graphics. Just having a though conversation where you balancing a thin line is amazing to do. An the arc you choose comes nicely into play also for different responses. Conversations can be very tense and with the voice acting and animations you very nicely read the situation.
Oooh sounds really cool! I can't wait to experience them for myself

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Am I crazy or wasn't it expected that this game was probably gonna be a mess on base consoles? Like, I'm really shocked by how many people I am seeing here being surprised at the performance on Base Xbox One and PS4. What did you expect?
Yup. Every time they showed the game was running on 3000$ PCs, it should be a warning signal not to expect the same game visually on base current gen consoles. The fact that they only sent PC version codes for review and only allowed pre-recorded footage to be shown, it should be massive red flags about the console versions.

Im just glad i saw the game running on PS5 and it looks great to me, considering its still the PS4 version. But no way i would play this game on a base current gen console. Its actually much worst than my already low expectations.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just went free roaming a bit. I'll play this game when next gen patch will be here. Inside 1080p is ok. Outside it's too blurry. Playable but not enjoyable. I hope they keep 60fps though

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
The more I see videos of cross generation, it looks like CDProject was overreaching to do cross gen. The game was PC lead and it's future looking in that you really won't be able to play at max settings at 4K or even perfect 4K DLSS until next year's GPUs. And yet, they also have builds of the games attempting to play on the equivalent of 10 year old PC hardware.

I understand why - $$$.

However, I feel like they're going to damage their brand with so many people frustrated on PS4/XboxOne. And I'm betting the first year most people will be playing on old consoles. There simply aren't enough next gen consoles to sell and PC gamers.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This looks so washed out even on Series X. Frame rate is stable but I can't help but think this game is a legitimate eye sore.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
Am I crazy or wasn't it expected that this game was probably gonna be a mess on base consoles? Like, I'm really shocked by how many people I am seeing here being surprised at the performance on Base Xbox One and PS4. What did you expect?

This is the first open world game of this generation in a big city packed with ton of building and geometry, the Jaguar CPU ain't going to cut it.

Same thing that happened with Control, when devs try to push physics, destructibility and high quality geometry and textures shit is going to run rough and perform badly on a 2012 Jaguar CPU.

bitunoriginal

Oct 27, 2017
Where did you get this number from?

We know they spent $120 million on Cyberpunk 2077 and other projects as of last quarter.

I believe it was here, but no idea if this is a reliable site to be quoting numbers from.

nintendosmash.com

Analysts estimated the budget of Cyberpunk 2077-it is higher than that of Grand Theft Auto V

The recent transfer of Cyberpunk 2077, no doubt, disappointed many, however, judging by the pre-orders on Steam, another delay in the release did not lead to a decrease in interest in the game. Analysts also remain optimistic. Analysts at the Polish brokerage firm DIMBOSS predict that by the end...

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
This looks so washed out even on Series X. Frame rate is stable but I can't help but think this game is a legitimate eye sore.
Okay I'm glad it wasn't just me feeling like it was super washed out. Almost every scene had a weird hazy look to it, couldn't tell if it was the resolution combined with whatever AA they're using or if that's just the way the game looks

Raigor

May 14, 2020
I believe it was here, but no idea if this is a reliable site to be quoting numbers from.

nintendosmash.com

Analysts estimated the budget of Cyberpunk 2077-it is higher than that of Grand Theft Auto V

The recent transfer of Cyberpunk 2077, no doubt, disappointed many, however, judging by the pre-orders on Steam, another delay in the release did not lead to a decrease in interest in the game. Analysts also remain optimistic. Analysts at the Polish brokerage firm DIMBOSS predict that by the end...

This is an analyst analysis, unless CDPR spent over $200 million in budget, it's not true.

Also, this is one big expectation lol

Analysts at the Polish brokerage firm DIMBOSS predict that by the end of The year, cyberpunk 2077 shipments will reach 21 million copies, and within 12 months after release, sales will reach 34 million. The predictors admit the possibility of a "positive surprise" in sales if the engagement rate (that is, the percentage of console owners who buy the game) is closer to the results of Grand Theft Auto V and Red Dead Redemption II than is currently assumed.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
Steam does that (at least sometimes) with pre-loads to 'check' every 5 minutes or so to see if it's time to unlock - once the magic time rolls around, the download will 'finish' and then let you decrypt.

Then download the 2-3 gb update 'day 1' patch afterwards.

ah right I don't really pre-order many games so that's cool to know thanks

zen1990x

Jul 1, 2019
With a VRR display it really is buttery smooth. only noticed theres a few dips here and there when looking at DVR footage on my phone.
Really? Looks great to me. if you have HDR on make sure you change the HDR settings in the game. click down the right stick in video settings.

NookSports

Oct 27, 2017
I only have a Switch RN so this'll be my first Stadia game. Bought the bundle that came with a Stadia Controller and a Chromecast Ultra for free.

Charcoal

Nov 2, 2017
I am not surprised by the base console footage in the slightest. They were underpowered in 2013 and they're woefully underpowered now.

taco543

â–² Legend â–²
Oct 25, 2017
Fresno CA
Got the notification from Amazon yesterday that mine shipped and it was only 3 hours away, and then today the drove it another 6 hours away. There go my hopes for getting it early :(

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago

I expected it but I still don't think it will be as bad as that Xbox One S driving in rain video looks.

It's possible that I'm in denial.

Like, what are those weird lights under the rear fender even supposed to be?

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017

Modu5

Nov 15, 2017
those of you who are already playing on PC; how cpu heavy is it? I've got a 6700k stock with a 3090 ftw3 and hoping to play at 3440p @ 100fps

Abominuz

Oct 29, 2017
Netherlands
The XSX is doable, but quality mode you feel the fps drag and performance is a bit blurry. But loving the vibe of the game. Cant believe im playing it.