• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Transistor

Vodka martini, dirty, with Tito's please
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Epileptic PSA: There are reports that animations and flashing lights in this game can cause seizures. Read this article for more information

Why is there controversy surrounding CD Projekt Red and Cyberpunk 2077?

CD Projekt Red has a history of transphobia. This is well documented at this point and not a matter of debate. Due to this context there is particular concern about transphobic or insensitive content in Cyberpunk 2077 itself, such as the decision to tie gender to voice in the character creator, and trans fetishization in illustrations in the game—and these are just examples from prerelease footage. Additionally, there have been concerns about racist imagery and stereotyping. This article goes into depth about some of these issues.

What incidents of transphobia have occurred surrounding the game and the company, and why are they hurtful?

This list will be updated over time as more examples come to light, especially as the game releases and more content is uncovered. If you wish to have something added to this list, please send me a DM and get my attention.

Why is ResetEra allowing an official thread for this game?

There has been a lot of discussion about whether there should even be an official thread for Cyberpunk 2077, and many points of view were considered for this decision. Ultimately, a thread like this can serve as a platform for minority concerns to be aired and discussed respectfully, and given appropriate attention. We've also heard from minority members, including some trans members, who have asked for a space where they can talk about the game without needing to worry about trolling and bigoted posting. We expect all posters in the thread to extend the consideration and empathy to give them that space. We will be moderating as strictly as necessary to make sure they do.

What can I do to help fight transphobia?

Transphobia exists in many aspects of our lives. From casual discrimination such as the continuous misuse of a person's preferred pronouns, to more serious ramifications such as housing being denied, legal rights being taken away, and being discriminated in the legal system. Every trans person either has experienced transphobia in their lives, or will experience transphobia at some point.

Moreover, transphobia is a systematic issue that is present in every level of our society. Politicians fight to take away our rights. Celebrities use coded language and religious justifications, if not outright hostility, in order to continue to deny our existence. Media continues to portray us as the butt of a joke, or acts like we're something to be fascinated by, rather than treated with respect.

Actions speak louder than words: Become active in your local politics, donate to transgender causes, stand up for these issues wherever they arise, and if you know transgender people in your life be there for them and support them.

Here are some pro-trans organizations around the world where you can make a donation and show your support
  • For those of you in the US, The Trevor Project is one of the leading LGBT organizations. They are dedicated to crisis intervention and suicide prevention for people who are in need of support, love, and care.
  • For those of you in the UK, Mermaids is dedicated to the support of transgender, non-binary, and gender-diverse children, young adults, and their families. They have been around since 1995, and have been one of the most vocal voices speaking out against transphobia in the UK, including showing the dangers that transphobia imposes upon our youth.
  • If you would like to donate to CDPR's native country of Poland, you can find the Trans-Fuzja Foundation website here. The Trans-Fuzja Foundation has been around since 2008, and is dedicated to the support of transgender people in Poland in many aspects of life and society, including politics.
We are your friends. We are your family members. We're your coworkers. We're the people you meet on the street. We're the essential workers who keep society running in a pandemic. We're everywhere. We're not some sort of freak or joke, and we're not going away.

I want to give major thanks to Uzzy for lending her talent, time, and effort in putting together graphics and material for this official thread. Without her, this would not have been possible on such short notice. I would also like to give a shout out and thanks to Kyuuji for allowing me to use images and links from her own thread for this posts.

cvbas

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Vehicle density is always going to be one of those gameplay things where you don't want too many cars because then it just becomes more and more annoying to traverse, but you need some amount to make the city feel alive and have obstacles and such.
Yep. There's a real conflict between 'fun' and 'realism' in videogames. Red Dead 2 already showed that going too far in one direction is not always a good choice. Imagine if it took you 30 minutes to get from one quest marker to another in Cyberpunk because of the traffic.

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
It appeaes to be PS5

Edit: Damn the city skyline, the audio of the car's engine, the fluency, even... the driving is looking great!

crazy how much the player movement changes the perception of the game. compare the marketing and the 'slow walking' movement for show vs how this player is frantically juttering the camera around left and right lol. very different. thank goodness we can control that aspect haha

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
We did but they closed it. Hopefully it's back at launch because it's needed.
I hope so as well. Once the game is out, people on PC wanting to talk about settings and such is going to get lost if we only have this one thread. I get the issues revolving all the stuff with CD and the game, I am not sure how having a PC Tech/Settings thread would be of any issue to anyone.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
So if I take a trip to New Zealand tomorrow morning with my Series X, I should be able to play this correct?

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Glad to hear that the gunplay seems good, that was one of my main concerns regarding gameplay, given that CDPR hasn't really proven themselves to be all that good at making combat fun.
Still concerned about bugs, but I guess we'll see how much impact the day 1 patch has. Either way, I'm not sure I'll be thrilled with the game's performance on my GTX 1080, so it may have to wait until 2025 when I'm finally able to buy a 3080.

Is there a minigame like Gwent in this that'll totally derail me for hours instead of doing the main story/sidequests?

HypnoToad344

Jul 11, 2020
I'm really stuck here on where to play. Series X or PS5.

Xbox has notably better performance and resolutions generally when you compare Backwards Compatibility between the Series X and PS5. As well as loading screens.

Considering there is a Quality and Performance toggle on Series X and its missing from PS5 sounds like they did what they could with what they had, but ultimately will be hindered until the actual Next Gen versions release.

I'm really surprised there's no comparisons yet from the leaks between the two in regards to at least pixel count.

I just want to play where it looks and runs the best, console wise.

I love my PS5, but I think simply because it'll be running BC that it will suffer in comparison. Even if they managed to get it to run at 60FPS. It's still going to be limited from my understanding anyways. Again, even just raw comparisons between Series X and PS5 have shown stronger BC handling for Xbox.
I've heard different on some of those points.

-Performance mode is in fact present on the PS5 version
-BC games are generally restored on XSX more comprehensively, but there are certain cases where PS5 wins on performance/resolution due to the nature of early gen PS4 & mid-late gen Pro games
-If you want to play the game where it looks best, as always (PC)...
If you have a lot of... concerns... just go for what you feel would be the safest bet

Venatio

Oct 25, 2017
Listening to the Bombcast and my hype is seriously deflated. I'm still buying it, but damn...

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
I hope so as well. Once the game is out, people on PC wanting to talk about settings and such is going to get lost if we only have this one thread. I get the issues revolving all the stuff with CD and the game, I am not sure how having a PC Tech/Settings thread would be of any issue to anyone.

same. i usually go in those threads to see how it performs with similar systems to mine.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
True, but all I'll say is that Watch Dogs Legion is a completely soulless product that has literally nothing going for it other than that NPC density. What a fucking slog of a game. They need to Old Yeller that franchise.
Wow, I didn't know it was that bad. I enjoyed the first two games fine, but wasn't really motivated enough to pick up the new one in such a crowded game season. Anyhow, the pedestrian density in Cyberpunk is definitely slightly disappointing, but hopefully that can be fixed when the next-gen patches hit.

Butch

Oct 27, 2017
I'll just ignore reviews for now, I still remember how a lot of them where calling Death Stranding boring and it ended up being an incredible game and probly my gotg. I'll see for myself tomorrow.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Unlocks in approximately 5 and a half hours. 3AM PST/6AM EST.

Can't wait to get off work tomorrow morning and fire this up!
Can't myself. I don't get off of work till 2pm, but I switched my schedule with another person so instead of going in from 1pm-930, I go in 7am-2pm...I live 10 min from work...so by 230pm I should be booting up the game.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Screenshot_20201209-011057_Reddit.jpg

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
Read the room and read the info boxes BEFORE posting.

I did. I do not see the issue with talking about the technical aspects of a game. I understand where people are coming from I do. CDPR is doing a lot of messed up shit and should come out and apologize for it. And their social media team needs to be fired. Oh and maybe dont put a device designed to cause an epileptic seizure in the game. But also those of us who are playing it would like to have a resource to discuss the simple technical aspects.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
I think the IQ is fine it cutscenes, looks extremely passable. But people all have different tolerances for this stuff

Honestly I enjoyed playing it on the switch more than the ps4 or xbox
I'm currently replaying TW3 on Switch and honestly it is more than fine after that one patch. Night and day difference. Zero issues with the Switch version docked or undocked and i consider good graphics to be important for my enjoyment of a game

discotheque

Dec 23, 2019
True, but all I'll say is that Watch Dogs Legion is a completely soulless product that has literally nothing going for it other than that NPC density. What a fucking slog of a game. They need to Old Yeller that franchise.
Have to agree with you there, big disappointment from a game creator I respect (Clint Hocking).

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Can i switch back once it unlocks or do i have to stay at nz to have it start unlocked
Yup. All you have to do is change the Location to New Zealand, restart you console and boom you are in NZ and can play tomorrow morning. Then when it unlocks in your part of the world, change it back..no issues....just don't go the Store and try to buy something because all the prices are in NZ currency. You have to keep it in NZ until it unlocks in your time zone, then you can change it back. If you change it back before it unlocks where you live you will get the "you are too early to play this" message.

cloudzack117

Oct 25, 2017
Do we have any idea of the file size for the day 1 patch? Ive seen 100 gigs thrown around as the total space but the one i preloaded on steam says it 59 gb. ive got 80gb free on my ssd right now so hopefully ill be ok there