• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
EbX7z_iVAAApvOj

Cyberpunk 2077 starring Mitch Hedberg.

Deleted member 50232

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 3, 2018
I am beyond excited for this game. Even more so than I was before.
However, what's the consensus on another delay? It sure seems like this is coming Spring 21 now.

Yeah i've kind of prepared myself now for Spring 2021.

Suspect they will announce another delay in mid september, right before their quarterly earnings. Hopefully i'm wrong, but if the game needs more time, it needs more time.

yokochan

Jan 21, 2019
That's a lot of pop-in for a game running on a 2080ti (and flash storage on the geforce now servers), especially when compared to something like RDR2 (which has almost no pop-in even on consoles). Really hope they can iron this out until release.

Shifty Capone

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Yeah i've kind of prepared myself now for Spring 2021.

Suspect they will announce another delay in mid september, right before their quarterly earnings. Hopefully i'm wrong, but if the game needs more time, it needs more time.

After mulling it over a little bit, I think I have changed my mind. Regardless of if they think they should delay or not, I don't think they will. The amount of negative press they got from delaying the second time didn't help. Even if the game has slightly less polish come November, people will be starving for Day 1 content with the new consoles.

I know a few of my friends who I wouldn't consider big gamers, will by cyberpunk on a PS5/XSX day one just because it's there.

I actually hope I'm wrong and I think most people on these forums are like that too. We all just want a good game, but we are so much the minority

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
The pessimism on this game is expected. Like did people expect a game this big in scope and detail to have Doom Eternal type gunplay? Lol

Anyways. The game is looking phenomenal

Sax

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I love how the Official Era Eyes-On Impressions of five pages of posters bitching about the brain dance is turning into "looks like impressions aren't that great".

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
this world and he artstyle just look fucking awesome, im all in for it.

the gameplay, eh not so much, i havent played borderlands since the first, but the gunplay reminds of that, and there is a still a lot of jank in those scenes here, which is worrying for a game of this scale and 5months to go.

I am worried to see how this will run on even on ps5/xbx too at launch, hoping it looks serviceable or else i just might have to wait for the full next gen upgrades.

Dictator

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Berlin, 'SCHLAND
Pawel just got off the IGN stream he was asked about graphics he mentioned RTX GI and Reflection.

I dont know how to timestamp live streams.
But it should be towards the end.
Just look out for Pawel and skim though.

He just mentioned GI not Reflections.
Thanks for the link. Yeah he says Global Illumination - but even then, that is a Higher level of Ray tracing than they originally announced. Global Illumination would be much better than just ray traced emissives

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I don't know, this feels like the game needs to get delayed to 2021 unless everybody at CDPR is just going to live at the office.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Yeah, I totally take ERA hot takes based on stream over people who actually played the game.

Skim this thread backwards, there is a lot links and quotes to press impressions: https://www.resetera.com/threads/cyberpunk-2077-hands-on-impressions.232897/page-12

For very large part very positive.
It reads like confirmation bias from the person you're responding to, where they only notice the negative hot takes and roll with those while praise is being poured out across the industry.

Feb 16, 2018
I wish I could watch but won't be able to until tonight. So excited for this and wish I could join in on the discussion now. Sounds like a good amount of new footage here.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
So much information and footage. I need to take a nap.

The city at night looks SO good.

I wish I could watch but won't be able to until tonight. So excited for this and wish I could join in on the discussion now. Sounds like a good amount of new footage here.
There is a ton.

I was initially left wanting more after the NC Wire presentation, but some of the previews have a ton of footage. At least 20 minutes it seems like.

catvonpee

Oct 29, 2017
The presentation exceeded my expectations in every possible way. I can't believe how amazing the game looks!

Azai

Jun 10, 2020
It reads like confirmation bias from the person you're responding to, where they only notice the negative hot takes and roll with those while praise is being poured out across the industry.

I judged nothing. Not saying its bad because I havent watched it yet. However there seem to quite a few negative comments instead of huge amount of praise that other games get after such events.
Idk why you act so offended by my observation of negative feedback of this thread.

Gassy_N0va

Oct 27, 2017
ERA, please console me. Those 2080TI benchmarks have me worried. I literally just upgraded my pc to a 2070 SUPER playing at 1440p. Am I fucked?

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
I judged nothing. Not saying its bad because I havent watched it yet. However there seem to quite a few negative comments instead of huge amount of praise that other games get after such events.
Idk why you act so offended by my observation of negative feedback of this thread.
Tally up the positive remarks to the negative remarks.
Compare the number of video likes to dislikes on YouTube.
Quote some negative feedback on here that breaks it down in a non hot take format.

Do something, anything to back up the statement "Comments sound like the game isnt that good really."

Nobody is "offended". If you're going to make a drive-by statement, don't be surprised when people respond for context to back up what you have to say.

Dajanksta

Oct 28, 2017
ERA, please console me. Those 2080TI benchmarks have me worried. I literally just upgraded my pc to a 2070 SUPER playing at 1440p. Am I fucked?
lol. I'm sure you'll just need to alter some settings to get the performance you want. I got a 2080ti and 1440p. Hopefully I can get 60fps at minimum.

Oct 25, 2017
Tally up the positive remarks to the negative remarks.
Compare the number of video likes to dislikes on YouTube.
Quote some negative feedback on here that breaks it down in a non hot take format.

Do something, anything to back up the statement "Comments sound like the game isnt that good really."

Nobody is "offended". If you're going to make a drive-by statement, don't be surprised when people respond for context to back up what you have to say.
Not really worth engaging. The poster can just watch the videos themselves; there's no value in what they perceive the general reaction to have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.