• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I can't wait to meet this guy

uE7uRDm.gif

He reminds me of Quake 2

Adam Smasher being in the game as cool as hell.
I hope one of the starting points allows for easy alignment with Arasaka so I "hopefully" dont have to kill him.

boskee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
London
I think we're past the possibility of a downgrade, this far into development ?
Not a fan of CDPR, but this looks good.
The other way round, actually. They're optimizing the game, so any "downgrade" is going to happen now. We're probably talking current gen consoles tho (especially the original One), not PC.

Oct 28, 2017
Man, people actually think this didn't look good?

Seriously, like what videogames are these people playing? I think it looks fantastic, and to me it looks at least as good (if not better) than the original reveal gameplay. I do understand the complaints about pop-in but I can't imagine it won't be improved by the time the game (and the new consoles) hits.

My only potential complaint is the tone they're presenting, it feels a little for edgelord-ish than I'd like. That said, I can't blame CDPR for marketing the game like some sort of futuristic GTA. People just need to remember that at the end of the day this is CDPR, they're going to deliver.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
There are too many previews going on at the same time.

Pawel is on IGN right now.
I think im just going ignore everything an wait for someone more patient than I to aggregate everything we learn and anything the devs accidentally say on livestream in the preview thread.

Shevek

Oct 25, 2017
Cape Town, South Africa
I'll totally play this. And I can't wait to explore that world.

But.. I wish it had the more laid back and somber atmosphere of Blade Runner and a Vangelis soundtrack. That's the open world RPG I've always dreamed of, not this. I'd do anything for a AAA open world Blade Runner RPG, that would be my dream game. But it'll never happen now sadly.

I'm couldn't be happier with what we're getting, but I wish we had this kind of experience too at some point. Sadly, I don't think something like that with Cyberpunk's budget is marketable to a mass audience. Just look at some of the reactions to a short detective sequence.

That said, and knowing the writing caliber at CD Projekt, I imagine the game is going to be filled with those kinds of experiences.

smocaine

Oct 30, 2019
MODE EDIT: Content removed Good vid so far.

Played on local hardware. 1080p/60-80fps with RT enabled on 2080ti.

Seems good for a game still a while off? Plus it'll prob have DLSS 2.0.

Last edited by a moderator:

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Geoff Keighley You did a fantastic job! Great explanations for over 40 minutes straight.
Haven't seen a preview from you in a long time and you still have that nailed down.

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
I'll totally play this. And I can't wait to explore that world.

But.. I wish it had the more laid back and somber atmosphere of Blade Runner and a Vangelis soundtrack. That's the open world RPG I've always dreamed of, not this. I'd do anything for a AAA open world Blade Runner RPG, that would be my dream game. But it'll never happen now sadly.

I mean I get that, not unfair, but this is very, very much meant to be an updated, video-game version of the old Cyberpunk 2020 tabletop RPG. The whole tone of that was insanely over the top, 80's, hair-metal version of Cyberpunk that was edgy and "cool" to a cartoonish degree. The tone of this is pretty much an exact match for that.

But FWIW I'm sure the tone will change to suit different quests, areas, and plot moments. I'm sure there will be more mystery-driven, subtler moments and it's not going to be ALL over the top like this. It is a sizzle reel trailer after all.

Azai

Jun 10, 2020
MODE EDIT: Content removed Good vid so far.

Played on local hardware. 1080p/60-80fps with RT enabled on 2080ti.

Seems good for a game still a while off? Plus it'll prob have DLSS 2.0.

So about 110 fps without RT.
Doenst look good for my 2070 @1440p :(
Want to upgrade to a 3080 anyways.

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Eurogamer was very impressed with the population and said the city feels alive.

And I tell you this: there's a lot more going on in Cyberpunk 2077 than The Witcher 3. Night City is an overwhelming place. There are no quaint little villages like White Orchard with gentle rolling hills on the horizon to ease you in. There's one big city stuffed with huge buildings, and the labyrinthine alleyways and the dirty streets beneath them.

Quite how Cyberpunk manages to pack so many people in I don't know. They crowd the streets and alleyways as well as the clubs and hallways inside. Even by my apartment there are people banging on vending machines and shouting things. I frequently barge past people to get to places, and it makes my day to hear a boy say, "You've got a big dumb face. Hahaha!" because I know the cheeky personality I loved in The Witcher 3 is here.

People come in all shapes and sizes (I'm so glad there are bigger body types) and colours, and are tattooed, body-modified and punked. The hair is some of the best I've seen. It can be wooden in games like these but here it has body and bounce. Consider there are more than 30 haircuts to choose from, not to mention implants (metal balls under the skin), zany eye-types (I opted for swirly black and white hypno eyes) and all kinds of futuristic metal facial adornments, and you begin to imagine what an exotic spectacle the people can be.

Night City needs it. These people inject life and energy into an otherwise still concrete world. But though it is concrete, Night City isn't drab. Every effort has been made to decorate the city to reinforce an 80s vision of the future. Walls are not bare but plastered with posters and graffiti. Lewd advertising boards blink at you as you climb litter-strewn stairways, garish TVs pump ads at you even as you ride elevators. And though the underbelly alleys of the city are gloomy, they glow in a kaleidoscope of colours emitted by neon signs. Accompanying it all is the hubbub and chorus of a city full of people, stylish synth sounds, and a stack of radio stations of music. This is a touchable city, a metropolis of substance and depth. It feels alive.

Spiritreaver

Oct 26, 2017
I just gotta say, this is the first AAA game in ages I've ever been excited for and everything we've seen so far continues to deliver. Game is everything I wanted. Can't wait to see more.

Tacitus

Oct 25, 2017
Eurogamer was very impressed with the population and said the city feels alive.

Hnnnngg, that sounds awesome.

The level of detail looks absolutely insane for an open world RPG of this size and scope.
I have no idea of what people were expecting to think this looks underwhelming.

Better shooting than DOOM, better models than Sony exclusives and better melee than Platinum Games. Oh and all that while coming up with something new.

kris_ffc

Jun 3, 2020
I love the whole look and feel that the world is going for, but still not sold on the gameplay itself. Obviously the little minute or two long clips Geoff showed aren't the best indicator, but the whole pace of the game looks slow.

May 26, 2018
Watching the Kotaku gameplay video, and the voice acting seems notably bad across the board.

Yeah, that surprised me too. I thought the acting in W3 was pretty darn good. Not Shakespeare or anything (most times) but plenty serviceable, doesn't pull you out of the game.

I get it that the world of 2077 is a "everyone's a tryhard poser" scenario, but maybe too much? Eh... I'll get used to it, I guess.

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Which one was that?

TBH, reading the previews i'm kind of expecting a delay now until Spring 2021.

Jeux Video said the world seemed empty and there were lots of bugs.
Translated quote from Jeuxvideo

Note also that the life of the city is less dense than that presented in the various conferences. We were told that CD Projekt knew that the game was more empty than expected and that it was also working to fill this gap. In addition, bugs were fairly recurring: texture jumps, PnJ that appear then suddenly disappear ... so many small technical quirks that it will actually be necessary to correct to reach the quality standard promised by the studio.

Does this mean that Night City is a dead city or not pleasant to explore? Certainly not, quite the contrary.Even if the crowd is less impressive than we could imagine, it is nevertheless crying with credibility and active enough to give the illusion of a city that lives at 100 an hour . People live their lives, get sick, talk to each other, stop for a bite to eat ... we felt the same feeling of life that could animate Novigrad in The Witcher 3 , but in a more sustained way.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
My god. I can't wait to play this. It sounds like everything I wanted from a Cyberpunk game. Now I hope it lives up to all the hype footage.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
So how is CD Projekt Red actually supposed to be pronounced? Tech Jesus over at Gamer's Nexus has been pronouncing it as "Proy-ath" for months now because that's how the Polish pronunciation is, yet here we have native English speakers that work for the company saying "Project".

Status
Not open for further replies.