• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoN1

Oct 27, 2017
6FiDVPK.gif

This npc looks so good compared to what npcs in this type of game typically look like. FFS that hair looks so good. How the fuck.

yeah this NPC is awesome

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Everytime I see the game again I just wish it was third person

detective mode thing looks pretty standard why not make it actually interesting and have the player look for clues themselves without so much highlighting.

Pharaoh

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
If people loved the Braindance stuff, I highly recommend people check out the movie Strange Days. It's a lesser known cyberpunk movie, but it largely deals with people experiencing sold memories. It's great, dark film. I highly recommend it.

Just re-watched this the other day. I really like this movie.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
It seems Geoff played it on PC? Kinda strange the pop in was so visible.

Still though, great stuff.

Also, I never use Twitch but I might do that from now on. This stream was 1080p, right? But it was crisp as can be, way crisper than anything 1080p on Youtube for me.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The brain-dance thing is a straight up rip of Strange Days. Which im fine with. Even the story around it is the same.

Fezan

Oct 26, 2017
This looks good as well as underwhelming at the same time.

Wonder first showing was a vertical slice even tough it wasn't meant for mass public to see

Gassy_N0va

Oct 27, 2017
That also seemed like the tutorial mission, are we sure the game will continue to straight up tell folks where exactly to investigate within BD?

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like people are really harsh when judging things like graphics, scope, density, animation. As an RPG, and presumably with the way you'll be playing this game, it's absolutely unparalleled.

smocaine

Oct 30, 2019
First person was such a good choice. Can't wait to play this on PC with proper FoV. See some animation snapping and pop-in, though.

Mossiah

Aug 28, 2018
New York
This game looks fantastic, those faces on the NPCs! Holy shit the amount of detail and fidelity still on display is so astounding to me, I figured that many things would change as we approached release but the game very much has kept that fantastic presentation.

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
I love the art style/visual style for the game. Love some of the ideas here.

Driving and combat looks rough imho. and locations look rather empty.

halfjoey

Nov 26, 2017
Geoff's stream is great. I thought he said he played it on the PC, but the video he is showing shows Xbox controller buttons in the HUD. But i think he said it was B-Roll, so it could be video that was provided to him after he played the game on the PC.

Oct 25, 2017
Do you get to create your own character (sex/race) for the game, or is it a pre-set characer, like Witcher?
" You don't choose, 'I want to be a female or male character' you now choose a body type. Because we want you to feel free to create any character you want. So you choose your body type and we have two voices, one that's male sounding, one is female sounding. You can mix and match. You can just connect them any way you want. And then we have a lot of extra skin tones and tattoos and hairstyles. So we really want to give people the freedom to make their own character and play the way they want to play. "

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Also that scene of Jackie and V in the nomad car on the outskirts with the cops and the city's giant billboards in the background was wild

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Gamespot.
IGN.

Both have an on going chat about the game.

Considering they only played the prologue so far everyone has said they saw very little of the trailer.
There is so much in the game its going to be hectic trying to get 100% in this considering there are 3 different starts to the game....so like 3 play throughs minimum to see everything the game has to offer.
Some of the textures look extremely low res. Maybe it's just a side effect of dev time being so long on this game that parts of it just don't look current anymore.

Its highly unlikely this was console.
The preview build was only available on PC, chances are thats the build they captured this from as well.

Before you ask for sources.
Gamespot and IGN are currently doing their post shows talking about what they played.....ive got both playing.

dippa

Oct 29, 2017
Gamespot.
IGN.

Both have an on going chat about the game.

Considering they only played the prologue so far everyone has said they saw very little of the trailer.
There is so much in the game its going to be hectic trying to get 100% in this considering there are 3 different starts to the game....so like 3 play throughs minimum to see everything the game has to offer.

Its highly unlikely this was console.
The preview build was only available on PC, chances are thats the build they captured this from as well.

Before you ask for sources.
Gamespot and IGN are currently doing their post shows talking about what they played.....ive got both playing.

Can confirm: game was running on PC. Some territories were streaming the game through PCs, but all previews were done on a PC.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
Months of delays and they still can't remove this garbage, smh. Literally copy and pasted across almost every surface in that city we've seen.

screenshot2020-06-25awhktb.png
Didn't they try to explain that before? Like, they said corporate advertisers were stereotyping trans people in-universe. That could just as easily be an excuse on CDPR's part though.

Status
Not open for further replies.