• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
So was this showing just the Xbox One X version of the game being played on an Xbox Series X? Or were they showing off what the actual Xbox Series X version of the game will look like when the actual upgrade comes out sometime next year?
It looks like the Xbox One X version played on the Xbox Series X with some additional enhancements. Not the full next-gen version, but close; albeit without full RT and higher NPC density.

Deleted member 50232

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 3, 2018
So was this showing just the Xbox One X version of the game being played on an Xbox Series X? Or were they showing off what the actual Xbox Series X version of the game will look like when the actual upgrade comes out sometime next year?

It was the Xbox one x version played through a series x. There were no upgrades.

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
I read somewhere that CD Projekt sent a press release out saying the versions were identical.

To my untrained eye they did look the same other than frame rate appeared more stable on series x.
Watch the video again and check the part @6:30 on the Xbox Series X when it shows the Sex Shop - the screen space reflections there are not only far better; they are completely different and more detailed:

*6:30 if the timestamp doesn't take

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
The SSR looked superior on the Xbox Series X. A day-one enhancement maybe?🤔
I think they have said there will be a day one patch for Next Gen versions, but not the big upgrade that will come sometime later next year along with the full next gen versions of the game. That could be it. I was just curious since it looked better, but not a huge difference.

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
20 tracks, each made by different artist. A lot names there, need google some and sample their music.
There's a lot more songs than that.

There has to be - with at least 12 radio stations [including the Heavy Metal station we've heard nothing about, regarding the artists involved] there should be upwards of 100 tracks in the game.

I wonder if they will release the complete soundtrack on multiple CDs?

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
There's a lot more songs than that.

There has to be - with at least 12 radio stations [including the Heavy Metal station we've heard nothing about, regarding the artists involved] there should be upwards of 100 tracks in the game.

I wonder if they will release a full, multi-CD soundtrack featuring all of the music in the game?

Games often have a lot more tracks than what is on OST, but yeah... I would like to have them release all of it even of OST is "just" 20 tracks.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
This just in:
pitchfork.com

Cyberpunk 2077 Soundtrack Detailed: New Music by Grimes, SOPHIE, the Armed, and More

Rat Boy, HEALTH, Let’s Eat Grandma’s Rosa Walton, and many others don pseudonyms and contribute tracks to the dystopian game’s soundtrack
SOPHIE and Health! I said wow. Health is awesome and pretty unique. Their Max Payne 3 soundtrack is a classic.

Crazy how far CDPR has gone with it being all original music. And I love that each artist has an in-universe pseudonym. Actually avoids a funny nitpick in Rockstar's games where you would have songs on the radio referencing locations that shouldn't exist in that universe. Like songs that mention California or Los Angeles in GTA: San Andreas and GTA V.

The only downside to it being all original is that I'm guessing 2077 will have a lot less music. GTA V alone has over 400 songs, can't imagine 2077 will approach even 1/3 of that.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
The only downside to it being all original is that I'm guessing 2077 will have a lot less music. GTA V alone has over 400 songs, can't imagine 2077 will approach even 1/3 of that.

CDPR is also making a lot tracks in-house, on top of having contracted artists to make music for them. With amount of radio channels game is featuring there should be girthy amount of music in the game.

I would like to have final number for amount of music tracks in the game.

It's wild that game has zero licensed tracks. CDPR owns rights to all of it.

wonkybump

Apr 29, 2020
nice work on the thread! Hope we're getting some PS5 footage soon followed by Digital Foundry deep-dive, think it will be as close as it is with Valhalla?

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
nice work on the thread! Hope we're getting some PS5 footage soon followed by Digital Foundry deep-dive, think it will be as close as it is with Valhalla?
Thank you🙏

They should be the same. The only edge the PS5 may have would be load times and even then, that won't be by much.

It seems like the Xbox One X/Xbox Series X are the lead console versions; judging by the marketing.

The Digital Foundry comparison will be fun!

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait to play this game, but paradoxically I'm not sure when I actually will play the game. I own a Series X and PS5 but don't have a great gaming PC anymore, I want to play the game at launch but I also want to experience the full "power" of the new next gen consoles with RTX, 60 fps, etc.

I think I'll probably preorder digitally the night before on PS5, play through the campaign a fairly quick run, and then replay the game 100% months down the road when a PS5 patch is released. I have pretty good faith in CDPR delivering on substantial content patches down the road too.

I do wonder if xbox will get an earlier next gen patch, Microsoft and CDPR have worked pretty closely so far - the Xbox One X Cyberpunk edition, the controllers, etc.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Somewhat ridiculous that they tried to excuse the less populated streets with " ah well, there are more people at day than at night!" in the summer footage when it turns out that it was just reduced all around. it is even more ridiculous that many "game journos" repeated this nonsense without a question instead of being skeptical.

can´t help myself but a cyberpunk city which gives the impression of a city under lockdown is not how i imagine a cyberpunk city.
and thats where this game already falls completely flat, this is just not enough NPC density, it feels empty because of this.

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
Somewhat ridiculous that they tried to excuse the less populated streets with " ah well, there are more people at day than at night!" in the summer footage when it turns out that it was just reduced all around. it is even more ridiculous that many "game journos" repeated this nonsense without a question instead of being skeptical.

can´t help myself but a cyberpunk city which gives the impression of a city under lockdown is not how i imagine a cyberpunk city.
and thats where this game already falls completely flat, this is just not enough NPC density, it feels empty because of this.

Think this is just more of a console thing. We'll have to see when the game hits. If it is reduced I'm sure well see mods like GTA 5 that increased civilian and vehicle density.

ThisOne

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if it's YouTube compression, my connection, the chromatic aberration or what but why does it look so blurry?

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN

Game media you try to call out on this one actually did play the game and did witness that for themselves...

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
An artist I would love to hear on the Cyberpunk 2077 soundtrack is Juno Reactor. In the 1990s, they were my favorite band. From 1993-1995, many a Cyberpunk 2020 game was played using the albums "Transmissions" and "Beyond The Infinite" as soundscapes for both the interiors of Bars and for combat scenarios.

They produced the William Gibson inspired track "Mona Lisa Overdrive" for "The Matrix: Reloaded", as well as several other tracks in the series. They have tracks in the 1995 and 1997 Mortal Kombat films, as well as the Cyberpunk movie "Virtuosity".

Hopefully they will have a track in Cyberpunk 2077.

Here is a selection of some of my favorite tracks from Juno Reactor:

youtu.be

Hotaka (Der Dritte Raum Remix)

Provided to YouTube by Awal Digital LtdHotaka · Juno Reactor · Juno ReactorHotaka℗ Barbarians IncReleased on: 2002-06-01Auto-generated by YouTube.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
Both Pedestrian and car traffic seem to be kind of sparse which is a bit disappointing. I am hoping on PC there would be an option to increase that. Especially the pedestrian traffic seems low. Streets are empty.

Edit: Also watching some of those club scenes, they are also mostly empty. Strange.

Edit 2: Forgot that next-gen patch is next year. Hopefully it's that.

Last edited:

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
So the December date is the 4th date they have said it is going to release?

April 16, 2020
September 17, 2020
November 19, 2020

December 10, 2020 ?

Not too dissimilar from The Last of Us Part 2 which went "Late 2019" -> February 2020 -> May 2020 -> "TBA" -> June 2020. And that was just on PS4 and PS4 Pro!

COVID is a hell of a thing.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Both Pedestrian and car traffic seem to be kind of sparse which is a bit disappointing. I am hoping on PC there would be an option to increase that. Especially the pedestrian traffic seems low. Streets are empty.

Edit: Also watching some of those club scenes, they are also mostly empty. Strange.

Edit 2: Forgot that next-gen patch is next year. Hopefully it's that.

Can't, but feel that people are putting way way too much faith in next-gen patches. Like they are miracle drug that will cure cancer, make kittens live forever and overhaul last-gen games in huge ways.

You most likely end up with PC max-ish settings (while things like ray tracing will be scaled back from PC max) and those are only so much above what consoles are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.