• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
You could be right, but then they need to change the frontpage, considering the first forum is: Gaming Forum and the other one is: "Everything else". That kind of suggest this is a gaming forum.
I didn't suggest it wasn't a gaming forum.

I really don't understand what is confusing about my comment...

CannonBallBob

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You could be right, but then they need to change the frontpage, considering the first forum is: Gaming Forum and the other one is: "Everything else". That kind of suggest this is a gaming forum.

...not sure what you're getting at. Just because it's "gaming" doesn't mean people can't discuss the morally bankrupt philosophies and attitudes behind studios and publishers.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I wasn't gonna post in Cyperpunk threads to stand with the Trans community but this reeks of anti-blackness and classism 🤢 It's literally just slang
Not sure I'd appreciate being called "dawg" either in conversations like this, but I feel similar for "guy' and "dude" in general yet use "pogged" so not sure it's quite that simple. I've mainly seen it used toward men which could be where the discomfort also comes from on LampTramp's part too. If it was a criticism of using the word at large then I'd agree but in direct reference to a woman in a sensitive discussion? Seems off. Genuinely curious to know if that flies in the face of anything your end.

Last edited:

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I mean it's perfectly fine to just talk about videogames if you want, IMO. Nobody should feel obligated or pressured to partake in the more serious topics like the sticky thread.
That was not the issue I was highlighting.

The issue is people calling for others to be silent so they can discuss their video games in peace.

Starviper

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
This is not a "gaming forum first and foremost", no. It's a community that has specific underlying principles. We can argue all day about how this actually pans out, but this is not the place to come to call for people who "just want to talk about video games".

If all this talk gets in the way of you discussing a game, you could easily go elsewhere to do it.

So long as a user isn't causing problems for others and is genuinely excited for a game I don't understand what would be wrong about putting people or whole threads on ignore if they so choose. Not everyone has to agree and while I personally consider trans rights = human rights i'm not expecting everyone to be on that same level. As noted in the staff communication...
  • It is okay to be excited for Cyberpunk 2077 and to want to play it. Do not attack other members merely for being excited for the game or planning to buy the game.
P.S. as others have pointed out, the sidebar literally says 'Gaming Forum'...

Deleted member 27246

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I didn't suggest it wasn't a gaming forum.

I really don't understand what is confusing about my comment...

You don't understand what is confusing about : This is not a "gaming forum first and foremost" and you stating that you never suggested this isn't a gaming forum?

. What is the difference between "a gaming forum first and foremost" and a "gaming forum" English is not my first language so I might be missing something.

Oct 28, 2019
I don't get why it's so hard to just read over the posts you don't want to engage with. Or use the ignore button if you absolutely must. People are free to bring up the issues with the game and the company. I mean everyone here knows about them by now and everyone here has already made up their mind whether it deters them from buying and playing the game or not. Whatever that decision is, it's okay. At this point nothing will change your mind other than yourself. This thread has enough space to both discuss the game and the issues.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
Put my order in on GOG. DRM free!

I'm guessing it was self requested? :/

Edit: It also seems another user was banned for having a user on ignore
While the user might have ignored the OP of the thread, the thread itself is linked in the thread reply-banner for everyone to see, and is very difficult to miss, which may indicate bad faith on this user regardless. Users are free to repeal bans through the contact links, so we don't need to discuss this further here.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
Catching up to the previews and the GamesRadar person sounds quite confident that the game will surpass expectations. I need to stop reading these if I want to make the wait easier on myself.
I'll be honest,after the years of hype I thought they might drop the ball to some extent but it seems like it really will be something very special.It's going to be a while before I play it though....I'm waiting for the full PS5 version.

Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Official Staff Communication
Reminder: Whataboutism with other companies, as well as meta-commentary on forum policies, will be treated as derailment and will be moderated going forward. Please stay on topic.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
EDIT: just saw staff post above, will leave the post but not respond further.

You don't understand what is confusing about : This is not a "gaming forum first and foremost" and you stating that you never suggested this isn't a gaming forum?

. What is the difference between "a gaming forum first and foremost" and a "gaming forum" English is not my first language so I might be missing something.
This may be a gaming forum, but it was built by a community on specific ideals. First and foremost means the underlying principles this place was based on are more important than the function of the place.

As I said, we can argue all day about how successful it has been, but the community principles that this place were built on come BEFORE its function as a gaming forum, and this is clear if you read the forum rules, staff posts, etc...

Kyrona

Jul 9, 2020
Not everyone has to agree and while I personally consider trans rights = human rights i'm not expecting everyone to be on that same level.
But why? To me, that statement makes no sense at all. For us it isn't so easy as just saying "you aren't there yet, but one day you will be" and moving on. They are, by virtue of the name, our rights. I don't think it unfair to expect everyone to be on that level.

The thread providing the information has been around for over a month at this point, and it has been all over the place. It's totally fair to expect anyone on this site to be aware of the issues at a certain baseline level.

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium

Reset Era was founded not just as a gaming forum but also as a community that provides a safe space for marginalized groups. I'm still excited to play the game but I think we should also realize, and try to take into consideration, that a lot of people here are ticked off at seeing this game in the spotlights since there have been multiple transphobic incidents.

Deleted member 17184

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean it's perfectly fine to just talk about videogames if you want, IMO. Nobody should feel obligated or pressured to partake in the more serious topics like the sticky thread.
Nobody is being forced to talk about this. But video games also portray parts of society in different ways. This is a huge game, and I think the issue here is that some people don't want to see these discussions happening outside of the thread detailing how CDPR is transphobic. Except that Cyberpunk 2077 is full of bad examples and problematic content that does hurt a part of the potential player base.

If discussion on the game is allowed, then maybe we cis members should be better at reading the room and respecting when it's time to discuss what the trans community wants to discuss. There will be plenty of time to talk about your enthusiasm for the game. And even if you don't want to discuss what they're saying or don't know what to say, why not just validate their feelings? Say you're sorry they're hurting, and you understand why. Trust me, it goes a long way, and no one will be banned for saying that.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not everyone has to agree and while I personally consider trans rights = human rights i'm not expecting everyone to be on that same level.
Let me give an easy way on why this isn't defendable. Change trans rights to black rights and see why its completely dumb to defend anyone who would think that way.

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Lol don't do this to yourself.
It's coming December 10th🤘💯
Can you buy me one too?
😅
I'm not made out of money, ya know😏

Maybe the first 5 people that ask me [counting the current 3] will get one - seriously.

That = 2 more "If there's another delay, Black Chamber buys me a copy" members👍

It's not getting delayed though - but I'll put my money where my mouth is if it does🤘💯

Last edited:

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
What are folks REALISTIC meta/opencritic score range for this game?
I'm expecting 92-95.
Praised for Graphics, storytelling + characters, player choice and gameplay options. Knocked for technical issues and bugs.

Starviper

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
But why? To me, that statement makes no sense at all. For us it isn't so easy as just saying "you aren't there yet, but one day you will be" and moving on. They are, by virtue of the name, our rights. I don't think it unfair to expect everyone to be on that level.

The thread providing the information has been around for over a month at this point, and it has been all over the place. It's totally fair to expect anyone on this site to be aware of the issues at a certain baseline level.

You can't really police what people may internally believe. If someone chose to ignore the stickied thread on the issues with CDPR and ignore people discussing things besides the game itself in the thread I don't really see that as a breach of anything. They are not being rude about their beliefs by choosing to ignore discussion on topics they may disagree with. If they were being insulting towards other members then i'm sure they will catch a ban, but purposefully ignoring discussion is sort of the intention of the function.

raeaburame

May 9, 2019
Not sure I'd appreciate being called "dawg" either in conversations like this, but I feel similar for "guy' and "dude" in general yet use "pogged" so not sure it's quite that simple. I've mainly seen it used toward men which could be where the discomfort also comes from LampTramp's part too. If it was a criticism of using the word at large then I'd agree but in direct reference to a woman in a sensitive discussion? Seems off. Genuinely curious to know if that flies in the face of anything your end.
If LampTramp didn't want to be referred to as "dawg" because she felt it was a gendered term (which it really isn't, but thats not the point), I would 100% understand that. But to call it vulgar and compare it to an actual, real life slur? At best it's anti-black, at worst it's actively violent considering this site's history with policing AAVE and black slang.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN

I'm expecting 92-95.

Praised for Graphics, storytelling + characters, player choice and gameplay options. Knocked for technical issues and bugs.

Mid to high 80s because console versions will be riddled with technical issues thanks to technical limitations. MAYBE low 90s if everyone reviews on XSX's and PS5's so bruteforce paves over a lot of tech issues.

Oct 28, 2019
I'm expecting 92-95.

Nailed it, think for many reviewers the only con will be the performance and amount of bugs. Everything else will, in no small part thanks to the astronomic hype that invariably affects reviewers, be seen as a masterpiece.

Deleted member 27246

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Nobody is being forced to talk about this.

Except in this topic it seems they are. Mazoo posted how excited she was in a topic about media impressions. A poster asked her to comment on the transphobia issues with CDPR, she didn't reply, was called a coward for not replying. I guess that is not 'literaly' forcing...but it is pretty close.

CTRON

Jul 16, 2020
Mid to high 80s because console versions will be riddled with technical issues thanks to technical limitations. MAYBE low 90s if everyone reviews on XSX's and PS5's so bruteforce paves over a lot of tech issues.

A majority of the review copies they send out could be for PC. That would mitigate the damage caused by console version issues.

Deleted member 17184

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Except in this topic it seems they are. Mazoo posted how excited she was in a topic about media impressions. A poster asked her to comment on the transphobia issues with CDPR, she didn't reply, was called a coward for not replying. I guess that is not 'literaly' forcing...but it is pretty close.
You said it yourself. She wasn't forced. There are no rules saying people should be forced to participate. Please read the rest of my post which is way more important than the first sentence.

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017
If it doesn't release on the 10th, I'll buy you a copy of it whenever it does release.

I'm that sure December 10th is really it this time.

I think at this point it has to be December 10th. Media impressions, a copy leaking (apparently), and the official gameplay trailer. The marketing is set now and it's too late to really take all that back.

With that said, CDPR please don't surprise me.

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
User Banned (2 days): Trolling and modwhining
While the user might have ignored the OP of the thread, the thread itself is linked in the thread reply-banner for everyone to see, and is very difficult to miss, which may indicate bad faith on this user regardless.
So you banned someone for what they may have done ?
g6gd6Ft.gif

(No offense OPs of the world) No one looks at the first page, past the first page.

Nox

Dec 23, 2017
I'm expecting 85-90 as far as scores go. There's gonna be some technical issues bogging it down

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Nailed it, think for many reviewers the only con will be the performance and amount of bugs. Everything else will, in no small part thanks to the astronomic hype that invariably affects reviewers, be seen as a masterpiece.
It seems a bit cynical to suggest that professional reviewers give games high scores because of hype and not because they really enjoyed the game.

Ryo

Oct 28, 2017
I'm expecting 92-95.
94, it won't get knocked for technical issues by the majority unless they are really bad. It might get the odd review mentioning crunch at CDPR and issues regarding trans representation that knock it down a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.