• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
They uploaded the gameplay trailer to playstation and labeled it as PS4

Looks like the same footage though?

That's how Sony labels which platform said game is releasing for (without taking BC into account), some game trailers on their channel have both PS4 and PS5 in the title meaning that there is a native PS5 version, as well as PS4, of the game.
you can see more examples from recent days on their upload page.
m.youtube.com

PlayStation

Welcome to the official home of PlayStation on YouTube. Here you'll find the latest videos about your favorite PlayStation products direct from Sony Computer...

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
That's how Sony labels which platform said game is releasing for (without taking BC into account), some game trailers on their channel have both PS4 and PS5 in the title meaning that there is a native PS5 version, as well as PS4, of the game.
you can see more examples from recent days on their upload page.
m.youtube.com

PlayStation

Welcome to the official home of PlayStation on YouTube. Here you'll find the latest videos about your favorite PlayStation products direct from Sony Computer...

Thing is, it isn't PS4 version trailer.

That is PC version maxed out.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
The sticky thread is legit post after post of people running back to that thread to say "geez can you believe these idiots on this website???" Shit is really coming to a head rn and December when there's a dozen threads on the front page it's gonna get crazy, lot of warnings, lot of bans, lot of [SEE STAFF POST]. Remember how many threads the last of us 2 got, now just expand from there. Good luck to the mods next month, bro.
Yeah, this awkward middle ground is probably just going to get worse.

I'm looking forward to the game, but I also understand the concerns people have with CDPR, so I'm not overly invested either way. Just feel like it'll be better for the site if the mod team makes a definitive decision.

MrMysterio

Oct 25, 2017
The sticky thread is legit post after post of people running back to that thread to say "geez can you believe these idiots on this website???"

That's quite a misrepresentation of a thread that has seen quite a lot of people go "Oh shit, thanks for all the info. I need to think and re-evaluate this."
Or are you referencing a different stickied thread?

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Just FYI - but "Sony Marketing" doesn't take game trailers from other platforms and brand them for PlayStation. Usually the publisher themselves does that.

Well yeah, that is CDPR made trailer.

Is CDPR responsible for what Sony PR / Marketing puts on their youtube channel and with what branding?

They have to be given that trailer, yes, either direct or via press kit access. Still at the end it's call of team running that channel.

ExReey

Oct 27, 2017
Just FYI - but "Sony Marketing" doesn't take game trailers from other platforms and brand them for PlayStation. Usually the publisher themselves does that.

Source?

Anyway, can't get enough of this trailer! After the multiple delays my hype was pretty much dead, but after seeing this trailer, omg this looks amazing. 17 days left, can't wait!

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal

Is CDPR responsible for what Sony PR / Marketing puts on their youtube channel and with what branding?

CDPR and their marketing team submit the content to Sony PR/Marketing and Sony usually adds their branding to it if needed and uploads it, so yes, CDPR is responsible.

If CDPR gave them PC footage and not PS4 footage, that's not on Sony.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
CDPR and their marketing team submit the content to Sony PR/Marketing and Sony usually adds their branding to it if needed and uploads it, so yes, CDPR is responsible.

If CDPR gave them PC footage and not PS4 footage, that's not on Sony.

Well that is incredibly stupid system if it somehow forces Sony to put up material they know is misleading for their platform(s) 🤔

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
Well that is incredibly stupid system if it somehow forces Sony to put up material they know is misleading for their platform(s) 🤔

Its what happens across the board, its why its not super uncommon to see trailers on both the Sony, Xbox and Nintendo channels with the wrong graphics, wrong button prompts or hilariously enough - the proper button prompts just copy/pasted over the wrong ones.

The publisher/developer submits their footage to the platform holder, who then uploads it. Very rarely are these things scanned meticulously and unless an egregious error is put up, one marketing department is just following along with what the other has submitted and making sure it fits within their branding.

Oct 28, 2019
The only one I've seen most of the times asking specifically for their consoles footage is Nintendo (probably cause its hella evident there), both Sony and Microsofts channel is usually just PC footage in the case of multiplats.

PrintedCrayon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seadome
The thing is gender politics isn't simply "politics" for the Trans community. It's literally their lives and their right to exist we're talking about. I get where you're coming from -- there are fans of Cyberpunk that want to just talk about the game and not bother with the discourse on transphobia -- but CDPR has made it literally impossible to do that with their behavior
Yeah I hear you. Not a great place for many users to be in. I said in another post, I can't see any "winners" coming out of these threads. Maybe it's better to just remove the issue entirely and ban CDPR threads in the future.

Oct 27, 2017

They have to be given that trailer, yes, either direct or via press kit access. Still at the end it's call of team running that channel.
The branding isn't what hardware the trailer is running on, it's what hardware said game will release on.
This is a cgi trailer for the game with the PS4 tag at the end, if you search for cyberpunk on their channel all their videos have the PS4 tag at the end going back to at least last year, and this is also done for other games, both first and third party.
m.youtube.com

Cyberpunk 2077 - E3 2019 Cinematic Trailer | PS4

https://www.playstation.com/games/cyberpunk-2077?emcid=or-1s-412983Mark your calendars — Cyberpunk 2077, the open-world, action-adventure story from CD PROJE...

m.youtube.com

PlayStation

V has come to

Dec 4, 2019
I truly don't
N4FfVcs.jpg
buy the game and enjoy it all you want, but boasting about having the thread on their transphobia on ignore... yikes

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I hear you. Not a great place for many users to be in. I said in another post, I can't see any "winners" coming out of these threads. Maybe it's better to just remove the issue entirely and ban CDPR threads in the future.

I don't see any reason for banning the threads. Cyberpunk fans just have to deal with the fact that these things will be discussed in threads and people will just have to be civilized in general. Both discourses have managed to survive in this thread.

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
User threadbanned (1 day): Hostility
The sticky thread is legit post after post of people running back to that thread to say "geez can you believe these idiots on this website???" Shit is really coming to a head rn and December when there's a dozen threads on the front page it's gonna get crazy, lot of warnings, lot of bans, lot of [SEE STAFF POST]. Remember how many threads the last of us 2 got, now just expand from there. Good luck to the mods next month, bro.

Is that the only thing you can say about the sticky thread? The extensive and well laid out OP which one would hope people would read I mean that is the crux of the issue. But no people feel it's normal and appropriate to just dip into the last page devoid of context rather than try and understand. You need only read the OP to understand.

That whole thread and the whole issue boiled down by you to "Geez can you believe those idiots back there"
THAT IS YOUR TAKEAWAY FROM THAT THREAD? That how you would sum it up, that is the thing you remember like that coward marzoo, like those who would willingly ignore the thread?

Is it any wonder people would go back there and vent. After what happens elsewhere after people will write "No-one is ignoring the trans community" with a straight face, where people will constantly repeat over and over "Well we can have hype threads for game X" unironically, where people will argue "well the current rules say this" without a seconds consideration of context or empathy. Where people can still come and post tripe abut censorship and drive bys about "I feel sorry for OP"

"Geez can you believe those idiots back there?" and "someone was insulted". Thats all this issue boils down to is it?

Bunga

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I don't see any reason for banning the threads. Cyberpunk fans just have to deal with the fact that these things will be discussed in threads and people will just have to be civilized in general. Both discourses have managed to survive in this thread.

Survive yes, thrive not so much. It feels like a war is raging in here still unfortunately.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN

There is always those who get pissy about things being discussed or ignored and not replied to. Then it leads to several pages of toxic potshotting while everyone involved try to walk line of not copping a ban for hostility.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is that the only thing you can say about the sticky thread? The extensive and well laid out OP which one would hope people would read I mean that is the crux of the issue. But no people feel it's normal and appropriate to just dip into the last page devoid of context rather than try and understand. You need only read the OP to understand.

That whole thread and the whole issue boiled down by you to "Geez can you believe those idiots back there"
THAT IS YOUR TAKEAWAY FROM THAT THREAD? That how you would sum it up, that is the thing you remember like that coward marzoo, like those who would willingly ignore the thread?

Is it any wonder people would go back there and vent. After what happens elsewhere after people will write "No-one is ignoring the trans community" with a straight face, where people will constantly repeat over and over "Well we can have hype threads for game X" unironically, where people will argue "well the current rules say this" without a seconds consideration of context or empathy. Where people can still come and post tripe abut censorship and drive bys about "I feel sorry for OP"

"Geez can you believe those idiots back there?" and "someone was insulted". Thats all this issue boils down to is it?
I never said that's the only thing about that thread. But let's not play stupid and pretend there aren't dozens of posts where insulting the user base on this website isn't happening. And quite frankly you are one of the main culprits.

Its meta, by them ignoring all the examples of that happening in the previous 4 pages it actually proves them correct. :)

I can only imaging one specific poster refusing to reply to me despite me never addressing them prior (or being this "militant" until today) comes down to them being a coward, a whining asinine coward, or just ignoring people they don't want to hear.

Like how is this shit helping? You constantly went after one user for multiple posts and then go back to ya pals, like "ha I won, what a coward to not respond to my hostile insulting posts!"

like cmon dawg

Kyrona

Jul 9, 2020
Survive yes, thrive not so much. It feels like a war is raging in here still unfortunately.
I mean that's kind of fair in a way. It means people do need to think more critically about 2077, and also gives our trans community a way to vent our frustrations tbh. If we just ban it... then what? People can enjoy the game without having to confront parts of it that are uncomfortable, and trans people are then just forced to kind of deal with the materials being presented.

There are better approaches that could be take (better than what we have currently for sure), but a flat ban isn't the best of those imo.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
There is always those who get pissy about things being discussed or ignored and not replied to. Then it leads to several pages of toxic potshotting while everyone involved try to walk line of not copping a ban for hostility.

I think if there are discussions you don't want to engage in, it's best to just walk away for a bit. I've been following these threads and interacting for a while and most of the time it's just talk about the game. Or you can just continue to talk about whatever it is you want to talk about.

I'm interested in Cyberpunk 2077 but also not CIS, so I can understand both sides. If people are being hostile, or calling others out, it's best just to report them if they are breaking any rules. You're under no obligation to engage in anything you don't want to talk about. I know personally there are a lot of things I don't engage in not because I don't care, but because my time on ERA is an escape from a lot of directly shitty situations I am stuck in. Still, it's empathetic to at least acknowledge conversations going on.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
ivan.k you can pop me back on ignore afterwards but reading the thread for some understanding would be appreciated 💛
No one is talking about posting more hype threads. There was a leak with spoilers that people wanted to discuss separately but were told by the mods to just silo it in here, where users don't want to see leaks or spoilers.
This whole recent discussion in the thread came off the back of someone not being able to make a thread solely about the viewcount a Youtube video has. So the discussion was very much centred around, and sprang from, not being able to post more fluff hype threads.

Starviper

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
I think if there are discussions you don't want to engage in, it's best to just walk away for a bit. I've been following these threads and interacting for a while and most of the time it's just talk about the game. Or you can just continue to talk about whatever it is you want to talk about.

I'm interested in Cyberpunk 2077 but also not CIS, so I can understand both sides. If people are being hostile, or calling others out, it's best just to report them if they are breaking any rules. You're under no obligation to engage in anything you don't want to talk about.

Yeah for the most part, this thread is all about the game - there's a stickied thread for a reason and people can choose to engage in that on their own behalf. I read the points made and put in my 2c. I honestly don't believe it would be reasonable to try and ban anything about Cyberpunk or CDPR on a gaming forum and if that's honestly the ask I find that to be a little much. It's not wrong to want to discuss the issues with CDPR or the game but it's really crummy for everyone involved if you're going to toe the line against a banhammer every time someone wants to respond. Hell I felt like I might get banned if someone didn't like my point of view provided in the stickied thread.

PrintedCrayon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seadome
I just feel like it's making everyone miserable. That coupled with the fact that the OT is having a day being locked anyway, it doesn't serve a purpose other than to drive people elsewhere to discuss the game. Why just lock it for a day. It's meaningless in the grand scheme of things.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
I just feel like it's making everyone miserable. That coupled with the fact that the OT is having a day being locked anyway, it doesn't serve a purpose other than to drive people elsewhere to discuss the game. Why just lock it for a day. It's meaningless in the grand scheme of things.
Hey, it doesn't have to make everyone miserable, after all, this thread went up and until yesterday with the closing of the leak thread there weren't any issues.
It's just that the climate worsened with that and the video count thread.
A good discussion can be had with only one (non-spoiler) thread.

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
I doubt mods will start banning CDP threads from this forum outright for two reasons:

1) It sets a precedent and is a slippery slope that will naturally affect sexist (ubisoft) and racist (Naughty Dog) game developers.
2) It completely silences all discussion on CDP and prevents users from educating those more ignorant on why CDP are transphobic, stifling much needed awareness.

And yea, we don't need hella CDP threads lol. This one, a spoiler thread, OT and future LTTPs is MORE than enough.

Jaychrome91

Nov 4, 2018
I doubt mods will start banning CDP threads from this forum outright for two reasons:

1) It sets a precedent and is a slippery slope that will naturally affect sexist (ubisoft) and racist (Naughty Dog) game developers.
2) It completely silences all discussion on CDP and prevents users from educating those more ignorant on why CDP are transphobic, stifling much needed awareness.

And yea, we don't need hella CDP threads lol. This one, a spoiler thread, OT and future LTTPs is MORE than enough.
Right, if you ban all CDPR games on here then you open pandora's box and have to ban insomniac, ubisoft, and naughty dog games too, and then resetera slowly dies. That helps no one and I honestly don't have a solution.

Jun 1, 2018
Like how is this shit helping? You constantly went after one user for multiple posts and then go back to ya pals, like "ha I won, what a coward to not respond to my hostile insulting posts!"

like cmon dawg
"It is okay to be excited for Cyberpunk 2077 and to want to play it. Do not attack other members merely for being excited for the game or planning to buy the game."

That user went after me for I think 4 posts and just because I didnt respond Im getting called "coward, a whining asinine coward " . thats just a new low. seriously.

Im just here to discuss this game. Im genuinely very excited for this game. And I waited very long.

This year has been very difficult for me. Its already hard being a woman with an asian heritage living in the country I currently do. But today on this forum I got called a " clueless tech shitposter" (not sure if its because of my background) and now Im getting called a "coward, a whining asinine coward" in a thread where I just want to talk about an (in my opinion) incredible game. That just makes me sad. Im already doubting my life more than enough during work ..

edit: not that person edited the post to make it look like im making stuff up. im glad ViewtifulJC did a quote before that happened so everyone can see.

Last edited:

PrintedCrayon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seadome

Very true.

Hey, it doesn't have to make everyone miserable, after all, this thread went up and until yesterday with the closing of the leak thread there weren't any issues.
It's just that the climate worsened with that and the video count thread.
A good discussion can be had with only one (non-spoiler) thread.

I think I'm just struggling to think of the solution that suits everyone. As long as it doesn't turn too hostile then I suppose it's okay to continue as is.

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I never said that's the only thing about that thread. But let's not play stupid and pretend there aren't dozens of posts where insulting the user base on this website isn't happening. And quite frankly you are one of the main culprits.

like cmon dawg

What? the "main culprit" for insulting the user base? The whole user base or just those who lack the spine to stand by their posts? I who have sincerely thanked those among the user-base excited for CP2077 in this very thread for their patience and thanked those who are willing to discuss things and not hide behind the "ignore" function, and do I mean those thanks sincerely

Yet I am the greatest culprit of hostile and insulting posts?

I who sincerely thanked ERA and Trans ERA for giving me the courage to come out last month. I attack the whole user base?

So far I would feel I have only "gone after" a specific member one who spent more time complaining about being insulted than taking a moments introspection to understand why a part of the User base may be hurting. How is it helping for you and they to ignore EVERY aspect of that thread which explains peoples fear, hurt, frustration and sadness in favour of concentrating solely on the slights perceived or otherwise in a fraction of those 2000 posts?

And yes anyone using the ignore function or just ignoring people when trying to have a discussion on why the context surrounding CDPR's behaviour toward the trans community is something to be aware of IS A COWARD, that is not an insult, that is a description, and an accurate one.

And I would appreciate if you must post me cross thread to do so honourably and not put your own spin on my words.
I will admit to saying what you quoted when in the CDPR Transphobic thread a conversation arose specifically regarding the concept
"no-one is ignoring the trans community" as a counter point to that assertion. A counterpoint you won't be surprised was overlooked here in favour of posts like yours, diluting the crux of the whole thread to "Oh its just people complaining about you all"

I was quite clear and I didnt think anyone could paraphrase it to
"ha I won, what a coward to not respond to my hostile insulting posts!"

And I would appreciate not being called "Dawg" it is a vulgar word even it if it didn't come with connotations towards "bitch".

Starviper

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
"It is okay to be excited for Cyberpunk 2077 and to want to play it. Do not attack other members merely for being excited for the game or planning to buy the game."

That user went after me for I think 4 posts and just because I didnt respond Im getting called a coward twice. thats just a new low. seriously.

Im just here to discuss this game. Im genuinely very excited for this game. And I waited very long.

This year has been very difficult for me. Its already hard being a woman with an asian heritage living in the country I currently do. But today on this forum I got called a " clueless tech shitposter" (not sure if its because of my background) and now Im getting called a "coward, a whining asinine coward" in a thread where I just want to talk about an (in my opinion) incredible game. That just makes me sad. Im already doubting my life more than enough during work ..

Yeah that isn't cool at all man. Like I 100% understand how people may take offense to actions CDPR have taken, but that doesn't mean they should be able to brigade against someone who's just here for the game. This is a massive release and not everyone will want to read into CDPR's issues. I like and respect that it's there for people to read should they choose to, but this is a gaming forum first and foremost.

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany

That user went after me for I think 4 posts and just because I didnt respond Im getting called a coward twice. thats just a new low. seriously.

OK first of all, Marzoo. And I mean this genuinely I apologise completely and without reservation if I have made you feel bad in any way. it was not my intention and as someone who has plenty of my own issues that I would make someone feel bad makes me ashamed. I am truly sorry.

I could only respond to what I saw at the time, and at the time, you seemed to willingly ignore my posts about how context matters for hype threads especially given CDPR's past. When you seemingly refused to participate in that discussion I was annoyed, and felt marginalised.

I could simply judge your actions, and said those actions were either those of a coward or someone who simply wished to ignore someone they cared not to hear. Given what I was attempting to say, someone who would refuse to hear what I or the trans community would say in response to more "hype threads" was one who angered me.

Once again and for clarity, that my words hurt you is inexcusable, I should have kept my temper better, but this is a cause very close to my heart and one that I find it difficult to be adequately "distant" from.

Please forgive me, and please I do not hold you in lower regard for being excited for the game.

Oct 18, 2020
I really wish we could get a more lengthy demonstration or if someone like Gamersyde or Digital Foundry could get their hands on a copy.
I pre-ordered for Xbox assuming my Series X would work day one (I've had to sent it back for a replacement :( it was a DOA unit !)
And now I'm wondering if I should cancel my pre-order and move it over to ps5 because that's the only next gen console I have (for now) !

:edit:
Just saw mention of the 20 minute leak from earlier this year, I'm going to check it out right now !

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Right, if you ban all CDPR games on here then you open pandora's box and have to ban insomniac, ubisoft, and naughty dog games too, and then resetera slowly dies. That helps no one and I honestly don't have a solution.
Not really.

Is a portion of Insomniac/Ubisoft/Naughty Dog's advertising based around a transphobic/racist/sexist trope? Do they or have they ever tweeted something transphobic/racist/sexist, and then did it again?

It's only a slipery slope if you want it to be one. I'd say banning CDPR is pretty easy until they properly address their transphobia instead of a "We're sorry" and then continuing to do it.

Kyrona

Jul 9, 2020
Yeah that isn't cool at all man. Like I 100% understand how people may take offense to actions CDPR have taken, but that doesn't mean they should be able to brigade against someone who's just here for the game. This is a massive release and not everyone will want to read into CDPR's issues. I like and respect that it's there for people to read should they choose to, but this is a gaming forum first and foremost.
And personally I believe that on this forum, where we have the opportunity to, people should be made aware of these issues regardless of if they are just here for games or not. We, as a community, should at the very least stand for that.

Some may be overzealous in their approach, which is true. But we would fight just as hard for any of you. I work as a trans rights advocate, and something a lot of people don't necessarily think about is that within that work I am also an advocate for many other marginalized groups as well. It's part of the territory. Understand that we are with you, and if people are upset by something you said, seeing past the hurt and anger can help in understanding the why.

Oct 28, 2017
Not really.

Is a portion of Insomniac/Ubisoft/Naughty Dog's advertising based around a transphobic/racist/sexist trope? Do they or have they ever tweeted something transphobic/racist/sexist, and then did it again?

It's only a slipery slope if you want it to be one. I'd say banning CDPR is pretty easy until they properly address their transphobia instead of a "We're sorry" and then continuing to do it.

I mean, the Ubisoft Black Lives Matter debacle was in September...

MrMysterio

Oct 25, 2017

Still misrepresenting the thread, which you are even doubling-down on. That's especially bad when you know that there's at least one example of a user who simply has that thread on ignore and might just take your word for it.

Also declaring that "insults to the user base" are happening there is quite an ugly us-vs-them narrative that you're building here, which again, is not what is happening. On top of that you are now drilling down on one person in particular instead of disengaging and maybe revaluating, which I strongly suggest you do before pushing even more general hostility, whilst giving the impression the "stickied thread" has resigned to insults against a presumed general public.

Be more specific and maybe don't summon an imaginary big other by creating false narratives of us versus them. Too vague, too dangerous.

GurrenSwagann

Sep 20, 2018
My most anticipated game at the moment, can't wait to spend hours and hours lost in it. I remember back in secondary school/college I got so engrossed in Fallout/Skyrim that I'd actually look forward to diving back into it when I got home. I really hope Cyberpunk recaptures some of that magic, it's looking to be something special.

JChung55

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I must admit, I was weak and watched the leaked footage. The only thing I wanted to see was them going through the character creation...and they buttoned right through it.

Status
Not open for further replies.