• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockets

Sep 12, 2018
Given the context of that linked post, I can't say I disagree. If there's a segment of users who wish to talk openly about the game then, are they not free to put whomever they please on ignore?

Trans representation is clearly important for many members here, but for some it's clear they'd rather talk about the game without getting involved in gender politics which is okay too!
The thing is gender politics isn't simply "politics" for the Trans community. It's literally their lives and their right to exist we're talking about. I get where you're coming from -- there are fans of Cyberpunk that want to just talk about the game and not bother with the discourse on transphobia -- but CDPR has made it literally impossible to do that with their behavior

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
No one here is not listening to the trans users on their stance here. Its been a major talking point in every CP77 thread.

However, you cannot force people to engage in things they don't want to engage in. I suspect a lot of people don't engage because they are afraid to get banned or simply aren't knowledgeable enough to speak on it. Then you got the idiots who truly don't care and simply choose to show their ass about it...and then threads take two or 3 pages dunking on them as they either double down or fail to back track before getting banned. And that is not great to wade through.

Also People need to realize that some are simply here to get news on games they are interested in. Thus the best way to do so was via creating new threads for new news so said news isn't burryed in a mega thread. And thus if the alternative is to go back to the mega threads then yeah you are going to have people seemingly ignoring certain topics because that's what they are there for.

tldr; people are listening and are very aware of the issues brought up; not sure what else you can ask of people beyond that. Less threads? Sure. But then people end up sniping at people simply going on to post in the mega threads anyway. So what else can be done then? And as such ignore is the best way to prevent threads from being shit shows IMO.

There's at least one poster going out of their way to ignore any points brought up by trans members in the previous 3 or so pages. Instead preferring to wallow in self pity and point out slights.

It's one of the biggest games this generation. Cyberpunk 2077 release is a goddamn EVENT. Literally. And all new information is hidden in this megathread. It's not comfortable to go here for new news. Somehow "new news = new thread" is not allowed for CP2077 but allowed for everything else.

Is that not what threadmarks exist for?

And it is an event, also an event to show how transphobic a developer can be, CDPR made themselves this bed through their action and inaction.

As many have tried to explain to other posters in the last three pages, it really isn't terribly difficult to understand why given CDPR's blatant and unequivocal transphobia which is well explained in detail in the stickied thread, coming on the back of Trans awareness week, again a week in which this thread was closed for 24 hours in an attempt to inform and educate why "Well other games get x" is a foolish and valueless complaint.
We do not need the mods to constantly create massive rules explaining context to things, all it takes is some understanding and empathy.

Every other dev does not proudly present their bigotry on social media, "every other dev" does not mock the trans community.

Ont

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Is this the $60 book(?) from this link?

Cyberpunk RED

Welcome to the Time of the Red, Choomba! The Megacorporations spent decades wrecking everything and in the aftermath of their last War, everyone has to fend for themselves. But that’s just fine. You can handle it. After all, in a world of vicious boostergangs, rampaging cyborgs, corporate...

Yep, that's the one. There is also a PDF version available via some online vendors.

If you buy through Bits and Mortar program which supports local gaming stores, you can get the PDF version for free.

João

Nov 21, 2020
hje2d47vsz061.jpg

Lmao people are really out there selling promotional cubes, there's gotta be people out there with game copies right now. My god I'd really enjoy some gameplay but I don't know if spoiling myself would be bad or not.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
It's one of the biggest games this generation. Cyberpunk 2077 release is a goddamn EVENT. Literally. And all new information is hidden in this megathread. It's not comfortable to go here for new news. Somehow "new news = new thread" is not allowed for CP2077 but allowed for everything else.

I'm getting really tired of people playing dumb like this.

You know damn well why.

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
The thing is gender politics isn't simply "politics" for the Trans community. It's literally their lives and their right to exist we're talking about. I get where you're coming from -- there are fans of Cyberpunk that want to just talk about the game and not bother with the discourse on transphobia -- but CDPR has made it literally impossible to do that with their behavior

This is great and true, the old saying remains true, there are two "discussions" Cis/Hetrosexual and political.

For all who remain annoyed by the trans communities constant "bitching" CDPR made this mess, they made the decisions they did, they tried to big up inclusiveness and did a terrible job, they make jokes on social media, they applaud cis cosplayers cosplaying a trans woman. This is on them, why after all the other headaches the trans community has would they, we pick a fight with CDPR just to stop people getting a few more threads on resetera.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Is y'all really complaining about not being able to post more hype threads for the biggest game of the decade as if you're being persecuted? Get a grip, this thread is updated regularly and is almost always consistently on the first page.

Chill.

A couple of those people are also in the "what game demos do you want to see at The Game Awards" thread saying Hogwarts Legacy.

It's all very transparent.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
Anyone played Deus Ex:MD in anticipation?
Have it in my libraey for a while and will give it a shot in the next days. Havent played any Cyperpunk games so the setting will be interessting

It's a great game and the contrast with Cyberpunk 2077 will be interesting.

DEMD has a very different tone and look. While CP2077 has a very loud, neon infused, synth heavy 80s on steroids aesthetic to it, MD has a more modern, sleeker, oppressive and brutalistic approach. It's like the Apple Store version of a dystopian future.

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Does ignoring a user hide their threads? If so this is kind of a case in point for some of the arguments put forth as to why the ignore feature is bad.

Its clear that many users avail themselves of ignore purely to avoid having to answer annoying questions or having to deal with "that constant whiny trans community"

I can count on the fingers of a blind carpenters hand how many users I have ignored, despite having plenty reason to do so. I certainly wouldn't be using it as a way of "silencing" the disenfranchised. Shameful and makes a mockery of the idea of having any kind of "awareness" threads.

CannonBallBob

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not ignoring threads

Oh, well here's a good thread. You should read it.

www.resetera.com

CDPR is a transphobic company. It's time we stop making excuses for them.

Preface: To avoid the usual suspects I want to start out by saying that you are not being shamed for your purchase of Cyberpunk 2077. If you feel slightly bad about buying the game as a result of the issues being highlighted then, honestly, good. Interfacing with problematic products should...

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
They uploaded the gameplay trailer to playstation and labeled it as PS4

Looks like the same footage though?

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
And in terms of this thread, just look at the last 3 pages, its nothing but arguing and attacks. How can people discuss the game like that? If this is the intention of the mods, then maybe we should just ban all CDPR talk. Otherwise they need to outline a clear ruleset or its just going to get worst as the game comes out with DF threads, PC Performance threads, etc ,etc
Honestly, I think I agree on an outright ban on CDPR threads. The current situation is a bit of a mess and doesn't really serve anyone.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I think I agree on an outright ban on CDPR threads. The current situation is a bit of a mess and doesn't really serve anyone.
The sticky thread is legit post after post of people running back to that thread to say "geez can you believe these idiots on this website???" Shit is really coming to a head rn and December when there's a dozen threads on the front page it's gonna get crazy, lot of warnings, lot of bans, lot of [SEE STAFF POST]. Remember how many threads the last of us 2 got, now just expand from there. Good luck to the mods next month, bro.

João

Nov 21, 2020
You can select the PS4 version by going to 'quality' and then '480p'.

sorry =)
I lol'd when I read that :D
I guess 360p would be the Xbox One then.
On a real note, to get the game running on those two base consoles is gonna be a struggle. Hopefully the experience isn't too bad on there, for those who don't have the shiny new consoles or rtx cards.

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Status
Not open for further replies.