• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Powder

Oct 25, 2017
I think the best way to handle this is to just have two threads, one for officially released trailers/etc. and discussion surrounding the game (this one covers that nicely), and another for discussion of any leaked content between now and release. We don't need threads for every trailer, but it's fair to give people excited for the game a place to chat about it without having to be subject to spoilers (which, let's be real here, with the game ALREADY having somehow leaked, we're going to be seeing at least several more before launch). People should be free to post in either thread that they're disinterested or do not want to support the game and why, as they have been, and if someone really doesn't want to see people posting about Cyberpunk whatsoever, they can use the ignore function on both threads. So long as all discussion is agreed to be kept in just those two threads, everyone has the capability to engage with the game as little or as much as they want to. When the game finally comes out, these threads would be replaced with an OT and a Spoiler OT respectively.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2018
That was indeed the original plan, as seen in the 2018 demo.

1560334072418.png

Although I have no idea what the implementation would have been for this. I think gradually CDPR might have realized they would prefer one well fleshed out 'childhood hero' over three minor flavours.
Maybe the rumors are true that real development didnt start until late 2018

Altairre

Oct 25, 2017
I think so, I touched on it in the post before that and mentioned your post but didn't tag at the time.
Hey Kyuuji, just wanted to thank you for all the work and effort you put into informing people and managing this whole situation. I'm honestly exhausted just thinking about it especially considering you probably have bunch of irl shit going on too. Huge respect tbh.

Regarding the current circumstances with the (mainly) two threads I also feel like this is kind of weird. The stickied thread seems more like a concession and a place to vent when it should be the focus until the game comes out. There are clearly a lot of members in the trans community that are bothered by the hype and marketing, so if you absolutely do want to allow discussion of the game, opening one OT when the game is actually released should be enough. Additionally, I don't know if there are members of the trans community that intend to play Cyberpunk but that would be the perspective I'm most interested in hearing about. Maybe highlighting critical analyses of the game, whether they come from ERA members or certain journalistic outlets might be a good idea too.

I also do think a larger discussion around how issues like intolerable working conditions, sexual harassment etc. should be treated is probably necessary but this is something that affects an important part of the community NOW. As such I don't see why we have to solve everything in one go, there is a reason why this issue in particular has provoked a more severe reaction than we typically see. Framing it in a larger context is important but improving this particular situation should take precedent for now imo. Just my two cents.

Azai

Jun 10, 2020
Anyone played Deus Ex:MD in anticipation?
Have it in my libraey for a while and will give it a shot in the next days. Havent played any Cyperpunk games so the setting will be interessting

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
But CP isn't banned here and isn't going to be banned here, unless the final game is Hatred levels of hateful.
We can all argue about it until the cows come home, but at least the OT is going to be allowed on Era, and you know what, fine. That's fine.
Most of the backlash from the fans comes from the fact that they're not allowed to have a thread on every tweet and Youtube trailer about it, and from the fact people come to point out the transphobia in the handful of threads that are allowed to be open.
Going "what about other publishers" isn't helping anything, or solving anything, though.
I don't disagree with you here. All i asked for is mods to provide guidelines about this, especially as we get closer to release if there is no official communication people will just make new threads. If mods say discussion is limited to this or whatever other thread that is fine by me.

Antiax

Oct 27, 2017
I think the best way to handle this is to just have two threads, one for officially released trailers/etc. and discussion surrounding the game (this one covers that nicely), and another for discussion of any leaked content between now and release. We don't need threads for every trailer, but it's fair to give people excited for the game a place to chat about it without having to be subject to spoilers. People should be free to post in either thread that they're disinterested or do not want to support the game and why, as they have been, and if someone really doesn't want to see people posting about Cyberpunk whatsoever, they can use the ignore function. So long as all discussion is agreed to be kept in just those two threads, everyone has the capability to engage with the game as little or as much as they want to. When the game finally comes out, these threads would be replaced with an OT and a Spoiler OT respectively.

I would agree with you but soon it will only get worse. There will be graphics comparison between platforms, new information, reviews, pc performance, screenshots which would typically be separate threads. I just think that if there is only 2 threads then this will become unreadable in a moment.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone played Deus Ex:MD in anticipation?
Have it in my libraey for a while and will give it a shot in the next days. Havent played any Cyperpunk games so the setting will be interessting
Play Human Revolution first, you will be pretty lost if you play MD first.
I think the best way to handle this is to just have two threads, one for officially released trailers/etc. and discussion surrounding the game (this one covers that nicely), and another for discussion of any leaked content between now and release. We don't need threads for every trailer, but it's fair to give people excited for the game a place to chat about it without having to be subject to spoilers. People should be free to post in either thread that they're disinterested or do not want to support the game and why, as they have been, and if someone really doesn't want to see people posting about Cyberpunk whatsoever, they can use the ignore function on both threads. So long as all discussion is agreed to be kept in just those two threads, everyone has the capability to engage with the game as little or as much as they want to. When the game finally comes out, these threads would be replaced with an OT and a Spoiler OT respectively.
That's the current unofficial way it's done. I don't mind it.

GalvoAg

Oct 30, 2017
Dallas
Cool GFX. Looks like the way the game should be played is with Rtx and dlss on but will still look gorgeous on other platforms even with no or low RT.
I'm just trying to decide if I want to play this on my C9 or monitor without HDR. Just depends if it's a good implementation of it or not, otherwise I'll go with the higher FPS in 1440p.

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Im really not trying to do that. It just really irritated me so that was my initial reaction can you understand me a bit? Sorry for bringing that up here and I of course reported him already, hopefully a mod will take action.

Can you understand us yet? The trans community that is, can you understand why we would be just tired of everyone making threads about every little thing, about how it seems that majority they don't care nor want to care how CDPR's Transphobia helps foster a feeling of hatred towards us all. Did you think about why this thread was closed at all, about how when it reopened no one mentioned the reason why in the first post after being unlocked and how that would make us feel?

Did you read the OP by Kyuuji and understand why "but other games are allowed x" doesn't really cut the mustard in this example? You spent more time and effort complaining in this thread about being called a name than engaging with any of the trans members that engaged you. You ignored my simple questions over and over again.

Did you understand a bit? Do you understand why others would be "Irritated" did you marzoo or are you ignoring me?

Thanks. C.

Kyrona

Jul 9, 2020
The first post you quoted literally argues for how we could decide whether to ban it or not and you present arguments to ban it.

It's not my decision to ban any topics. Neither you nor me making a thread will make this decision.

The only people that can make that decision is mods/admins.

Funny thing is that I have stated multiple times that I don't want to ban discussion on CDPR. But if it gets rid of this "we have to do all or nothing because we didn't do this for x issue" then I am all for it.

I am sick of seeing people trying to stifle discussion with that train of thought. Because if they truly believed it we would be fine starting here and actually setting the precedent.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
I think the best way to handle this is to just have two threads, one for officially released trailers/etc. and discussion surrounding the game (this one covers that nicely), and another for discussion of any leaked content between now and release. We don't need threads for every trailer, but it's fair to give people excited for the game a place to chat about it without having to be subject to spoilers. People should be free to post in either thread that they're disinterested or do not want to support the game and why, as they have been, and if someone really doesn't want to see people posting about Cyberpunk whatsoever, they can use the ignore function on both threads. So long as all discussion is agreed to be kept in just those two threads, everyone has the capability to engage with the game as little or as much as they want to. When the game finally comes out, these threads would be replaced with an OT and a Spoiler OT respectively.

I would also add a pc performance thread since that has a very specific function that would get buried in the OT. But for the rest i agree.

Deleted member 1238

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think MD works perfectly fine as a standalone game provided you watch a recap of the first game. But if you have the opportunity give HR a try as well, it's a great game in its own right with a more satisfying story than MD.
If you're going to watching a recap don't rely on the in game recap. Go look up a YouTube recap because I needed one just to remind myself what happened in HR when I played MD, but the in game recap confused me. I looked up a video on YouTube and it cleared everything up and jogged my memory way better than what Eidos provided.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I don't disagree with you here. All i asked for is mods to provide guidelines about this, especially as we get closer to release if there is no official communication people will just make new threads. If mods say discussion is limited to this or whatever other thread that is fine by me.

Yeah, on this we agree.
I remember there being a discussion about this some weeks past and the mods saying the OT will be allowed, but I honestly have no idea if it ended up being put into official guidelines or whatever. Probably not.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would agree with you but soon it will only get worse. There will be graphics comparison between platforms, new information, reviews, pc performance, screenshots which would typically be separate threads. I just think that if there is only 2 threads then this will become unreadable in a moment.
That's the big thing I was getting at. You can't throw the digital foundry comparisons and PC trouble shooting and Official News into one OT with tens of thousands of oats already. This containment idea works in pre release but eventually the game is gonna come out and it's gonna be everywhere. Now what?

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, on this we agree.
I remember there being a discussion about this some weeks past and the mods saying the OT will be allowed, but I honestly have no idea if it ended up being put into official guidelines or whatever. Probably not.
It was just the stuff from before that we both saw "no we won't be banning CP2077 discussion, OT will be allowed and locked a day after release to show solidarity". Nothing changed after that except for the guidelines in every thread.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
I don't like how the DE looks. I played through the first game too many times and the filter was awesome.
Yeah, it was a bit overdone, but damn if I didn't miss it.

It's part of the games look and feel, overdone as it is. Made such a difference.

cookieplmonster.github.io

Restoring the gold filter in Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director’s Cut

Researching and restoring differences in game’s post-processing and lighting - with bug fixes.

mancan

Banned
Mar 29, 2018
I would argue that the issues with CDPR are systemic, as thoroughly documented in the transphobia thread.

But so is many other similar issues in all those companies I listed. Some of them have 10s or hundreds of reports of bigoted, racist, sexiest etc behaviour. CDPR are just a part of a large problem within the video game industry.

Azai

Jun 10, 2020
I think MD works perfectly fine as a standalone game provided you watch a recap of the first game. But if you have the opportunity give HR a try as well, it's a great game in its own right with a more satisfying story than MD.

I have both. However I dont know if its worth it starting from the beginning when I will leave the game behind as soon as CP2077 arrives.
Guess I will watch a recap.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
But so is many other similar issues in all those companies I listed. Some of them have 10s or hundreds of reports of bigoted, racist, sexiest etc behaviour. CDPR are just a part of a large problem within the video game industry.

the reason we are targeting cdpr in particular is because of the amount of attention their game is getting. By virtue, it raises the noise of our concerns about their transphobic tendencies. Noise around this is IMPORTANT, even if folks dont want to hear it. No one is saying those other corporations dont have issues, but right now we can bring major awareness to a big issue because of the noise and attention around cyberpunk

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Hey Kyuuji, just wanted to thank you for all the work and effort you put into informing people and managing this whole situation. I'm honestly exhausted just thinking about it especially considering you probably have bunch of irl shit going on too. Huge respect tbh.

Regarding the current circumstances with the (mainly) two threads I also feel like this is kind of weird. The stickied thread seems more like a concession and a place to vent when it should be the focus until the game comes out. There are clearly a lot of members in the trans community that are bothered by the hype and marketing, so if you absolutely do want to allow discussion of the game, opening one OT when the game is actually released should be enough. Additionally, I don't know if there are members of the trans community that intend to play Cyberpunk but that would be the perspective I'm most interested in hearing about. Maybe highlighting critical analyses of the game, whether they come from ERA members or certain journalistic outlets might be a good idea too.

I also do think a larger discussion around how issues like intolerable working conditions, sexual harassment etc. should be treated is probably necessary but this is something that affects an important part of the community NOW. As such I don't see why we have to solve everything in one go, there is a reason why this issue in particular has provoked a more severe reaction than we typically see. Framing it in a larger context is important but improving this particular situation should take precedent for now imo. Just my two cents.
Hey Altairre, thank you for that, I appreciate those words. I don't disagree on the first point but it is what it is. It was always going to be a compromise between two sides and though I don't really see the need for more than two (Spoiler/Non-Spoiler), something like tech specs I can at least see the discussion it offers as a distinct topic. The only game I've argued in favour of not hosting discussion for is the upcoming Harry Potter release and that was less an argument centred around the game itself, than hosting and platforming discussion of things related to the Harry Potter IP. Cyberpunk/CDPR are harmful in what they do, but it's more around a media property or output than someone campaigning and succeeding in stripping rights from people and harming children. So I've always grounded it around an expectation, or hope, that even those excited for the game could feed back to CDPR that enjoyment with a caveat that they dislike the company/game's treatment of trans topics/people/bodies.

As you mentioned, there are other trans posters here who do intend to play the game and all the power to them. Honestly, in among this all it's also frustrating for me in part as it was, from the outset, a game I was very interested in. People sometimes forget that a lot of those not jumping in would much rather not have these issues and feel content to jump into the mix with everyone else. If other trans people want to dodge whatever questionable stuff there is to continue past it, I can't fault them and wouldn't wish to. Especially when I know most doing so are those I don't exactly need to persuade in being vocal around its issues or those of the company.

I agree on the last paragraph too, and to what Lamptramp, Kyrona and Claven were saying in that whenever discussions on trans issues arise it's almost always greeted with a thousand instances of "what about x". In addition to other aspects like suggesting our desire to not interact with transphobic media should be open cause for guilting us into thinking of devs sleeping on the streets as a result. So it would be nice to keep grounding the conversation here, in these threads, around the issue in question. Which wasn't really a thing and, as I said in a former post, seems to be pretty clear as to what the situation is now. It just gets kicked up again when someone makes a thread solely about how many views a youtube video has or an advert that's a few seconds long and then acts shocked/appalled when that's locked. Then suddenly it's taken from something that seems relatively straightforward into this binary forcing of the issue.

Appreciate those two cents.

Kyrona

Jul 9, 2020
Then lets start here since the opportunity is available to us, or even discuss them all at once since this is a message board with the capacity to allow for multiple conversations at once.

mancan

Banned
Mar 29, 2018
the reason we are targeting cdpr in particular is because of the amount of attention their game is getting. By virtue, it raises the noise of our concerns about their transphobic tendencies. Noise around this is IMPORTANT, even if folks dont want to hear it. No one is saying those other corporations dont have issues, but right now we can bring major awareness to a big issue because of the noise and attention around cyberpunk

I agree 100% and I support the noise being made. I am more thinking from more of a forum rules point of view. It's a difficult balancing act. Because from my standpoint there are a whole bunch of publishers who need to be banned under hyped. We all know them but they have free reign on this forum

Techno

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I'm for banning threads if that's what people want.

Make sure to ban PS5, Xbox and Nintendo related threads too. And pin this back:

www.resetera.com

[BBC] In China, Uighurs 'moved into factory forced labour' for foreign brands Apple, Google, Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony

It was recommended that I cross post this from EtcetEra for awareness, particularly as we move towards a new generation of consoles. Letting people make informed decisions about where they're willing to put their money is the best thing anyone can do here. Here's the latest on the various...

Bunga

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Another day, another big argument in a Cyperpunk thread lol.

I still can't decide whether to play this with a controller or mouse and keyboard (I'm getting it on PC). Presumably this game will automatically change control input if you start using a controller, so I could feasibly drive using the controller and do the shooting with M&K?

mancan

Banned
Mar 29, 2018
Then lets start here since the opportunity is available to us, or even discuss them all at once since this is a message board with the capacity to allow for multiple conversations at once.

Again I have no problem with that. My point is only that this forum will have very little to talk about if this is the direction the mods take. So its a difficult balancing act for them.

Azai

Jun 10, 2020
Another question:

I want the game on steam but would rather have the physical Day1 version (steelbook rather if it was still available) but it comes with a GOG code.
My idea was to buy both and sell the GOG code somewhere.
Question is where is the safest place to sell it and which is the safest way to do so. (thinking about people canceling paypal payment after receiving the code and so on)

Kyrona

Jul 9, 2020
Again I have no problem with that. My point is only that this forum will have very little to talk about if this is the direction the mods take. So its a difficult balancing act for them.
The biggest problem that I honestly see with the current situation, being 100 with you, is that we were told this agreement was to provide a space for our trans users to discuss the game and issues with it in exchange for letting the hyped people still have their discussion as well. But it is leading into a cycle.

We have users actively encouraging people to ignore trans voices in this thread so the conversation can move on. This forces us to be more forceful and try to push for the conversation— soon leading to more people just ignoring us because they view us as disrupters.

The current rule set is honestly fine, but putting people who aren't trolling on ignore just because a person doesn't agree with them is definitely harmful to the promised discussion. It feels like a way for people on one side to have their cake and eat it too, as it were.

PrintedCrayon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seadome
The biggest problem that I honestly see with the current situation, being 100 with you, is that we were told this agreement was to provide a space for our trans users to discuss the game and issues with it in exchange for letting the hyped people still have their discussion as well. But it is leading into a cycle.

We have users actively encouraging people to ignore trans voices in this thread so the conversation can move on. This forces us to be more forceful and try to push for the conversation— soon leading to more people just ignoring us because they view us as disrupters.

The current rule set is honestly fine, but putting people who aren't trolling on ignore just because a person doesn't agree with them is definitely harmful to the promised discussion. It feels like a way for people on one side to have their cake and eat it too, as it were.

I don't believe I've seen anyone trying to silence or ignore trans voices in this chat. I think it just gets drowned out in between the discussion points and hype posts.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017

I mean you can't force people to discuss things with you though that's the thing. The mods can make as many staff communications as they want and pin threads but if someone doesn't want to engage with you then what do you do with that?

Jun 1, 2018
Found on reddit:
Seems like its a global launch at the same time which seems fair

n5u7yh8r70161.png

I still can't decide whether to play this with a controller or mouse and keyboard (I'm getting it on PC). Presumably this game will automatically change control input if you start using a controller, so I could feasibly drive using the controller and do the shooting with M&K?

Yes! That should work (and thats how I played Far Cry 5)

PrintedCrayon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seadome

That's what I do for BFV. I'm hoping it'll be the same for Cyberpunk.

Kyrona

Jul 9, 2020
I don't believe I've seen anyone trying to silence or ignore trans voices in this chat. I think it just gets drowned out in between the discussion points and hype posts.
There are users saying we should all just ignore each other. There were people in the spoiler thread yesterday saying they had Kyuuji on ignore. We can't make people have a conversation, but others can make it harder for us to do so. It can feel like we are fighting uphill. That's a big source of frustration for many of us.

Dec 27, 2019
Seattle
I mean you can't force people to discuss things with you though that's the thing. The mods can make as many staff communications as they want and pin threads but if someone doesn't want to engage with you then what do you do with that?
A recurring justification for these threads is hearing trans people re: the game and it's treatment of them. But if ya'll just ignore trans criticism and carry on discussing raytracing and system requirements and shit, that justification just sorta... disappears.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
A recurring justification for these threads is hearing trans people re: the game and it's treatment of them. But if ya'll just ignore trans criticism and carry on discussing raytracing and system requirements and shit, that justification just sorta... disappears.

Not sure that justification would apply to many people who want to play the game and don't engage with posters who bring up their issues.

redbat

Banned
Apr 2, 2018
User Banned (Permanent): Troll account
YouTube views is not news, there's no in-depth discussion to be had. It's just a fluff hype thread. Also for other YouTube view trailer threads which are also unnecessary, at least they're not usually for companies with abusive work practices and blatant bigotry. I didn't see any views threads for Ubisoft games this year. There was one for Naughty Dog but that was last year when crunch articles weren't heavily discussed. There was a views thread for Hogwarts Legacy and it was closed because fuck JK Rowling. Even then, they're all pretty pointless and just serve as empty calories.

I assume the wife your parents bought you was ethically sourced by people with zero problematic politics?

Remmy2112

Nov 5, 2017
That was indeed the original plan, as seen in the 2018 demo.

1560334072418.png

Although I have no idea what the implementation would have been for this. I think gradually CDPR might have realized they would prefer one well fleshed out 'childhood hero' over three minor flavours.

I'm not sure if this indicates that there would have been three different implanted personalities. It could have just been a background trait that informs some dialogue choices and Johnny Silverhand was always going to be the implanted personality, giving people who picked him extra options to geek out or regret meeting one of their heroes.

Or it might have been at a time in development where there was no implanted personality at all, given the fact that Arasaka was an option and he is possibly still present in the game world.

Status
Not open for further replies.