• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryu_Ken

Oct 30, 2017
cyberpunk_2077___behig6ksr.gif

cyberpunk_2077___behiekjkv.gif
Oh my....

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
I think bugs and glitches kill any hope of high 90s. Broken textures, missions not completing, corrupted saves, and terrible performance across all platforms are all realistic possibilities. A game that gets delayed 3x in one year reads bug ridden on day 1.

I won't be surprised if the PC version is a hot ass mess too technically. Broken DLSS and RTX everywhere lol.

impingu1984

Oct 31, 2017
UK
I think bugs and glitches kill any hope of high 90s. Broken textures, missions not completing, corrupted saves, and terrible performance across all platforms are all realistic possibilities. A game that gets delayed 3x in one year reads bug ridden on day 1.

I won't be surprised if the PC version is a hot ass mess too technically. Broken DLSS and RTX everywhere lol.

What would you prefer... It not delayed and be a bigger hot mess... Like watch dogs legion or something?

It being delayed doesn't mean it still won't be a hot mess... But it's a certainty it would have been had it not been delayed..

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
How many times was TLOU 2 delayed again? It's going to be fine.
In one year due to technical issues? Maybe once, and they were making a linear game for one console.
This game needs to play and be compatible with 9 different platforms and utilize state of the art tech.

I'd be shocked if this game isn't a mess with 10 threads week 1 with people complaining. I've seen it far too often.

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
What would you prefer... It not delayed and be a bigger hot mess... Like watch dogs legion or something?

It being delayed doesn't mean it still won't be a hot mess... But it's a certainty it would have been had it not been delayed..
After the 2nd delay, delay it indefinitely without giving public release date. After 4 delays and now this Dec 10th release date, people are going to be hyper critical of this game. I think as a game, it'll be fine. But technically..... :/

Aug 31, 2019
The game is sounding amazing. I am most excited for the non-dialogue option choices.

Props to this exhaustive summary of all the previews! These have definitely assuaged a few of my worries from the trailers that made it look like Neon GTA Edgelordness. However, from the sounds of things I'm happy to keep churning through my backlog and wait until they've patched it a few times.

Are there any impressions on the game from the lbgtq community?

No, unfortunately. They also notably didn't give previews to any press that normally address that kind of thing, though it's not realistic to know if that was intentional. If you're worried about that then you should definitely wait until post release.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
I'm getting the impression the maxed out PC version of this game is going to be a different thing to every other version....I hope the eventual PS5 version can get somewhat close though.

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
With these types of games it is inevitable that there will be loads of bugs on release. The question is whether these will be minor and mostly visual or gamebreaking. There is a reason after all why most developers stay far away from creating WRPGs: it is the most ambitious and difficult genre to bring to life. Especially if you go all out on player choice like Cyberpunk 2077 does.

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
With these types of games it is inevitable that there will be loads of bugs on release. The question is whether these will be minor and mostly visual or gamebreaking. There is a reason after all why most developers stay far away from creating WRPGs: it is the most ambitious and difficult genre to bring to life. Especially if you go all out on player choice like Cyberpunk 2077 does.
Previews suggest that the bugs they encountered were usual visual bugs in open world games and nothing critical or game breaking.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
After the 2nd delay, delay it indefinitely without giving public release date. After 4 delays and now this Dec 10th release date, people are going to be hyper critical of this game. I think as a game, it'll be fine. But technically..... :/

People have been hyper critical of the game ever since of E3 2018 sooo... what is few more threads?

This just looks incredible. I think those graphics will be generation defining.

If that graphical fidelity is only obtainable on powerful PC does it even qualify, at least here?

Everill

Banned
Dec 2, 2018
Why is this type of drive by posting allowed?
Bha, already in my ignore list for some reason.
I could understand not liking the dev/publisher, but pissing on a beloved decades old RPG, that's pretty piss poor.
because of this? it's not rocket science.
www.resetera.com

CDPR is a transphobic company. It's time we stop making excuses for them.

Preface: To avoid the usual suspects I want to start out by saying that you are not being shamed for your purchase of Cyberpunk 2077. If you feel slightly bad about buying the game as a result of the issues being highlighted then, honestly, good. Interfacing with problematic products should...

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
User Banned (2 Weeks): Dismissing concerns of transphobia
because of this? it's not rocket science.

Nah, that would only make target the company, not the source material i think (or a 2077 was missing from the post).
Concerns are legitimate and good to express, but not in condensed and too broad fashion.

Everill

Banned
Dec 2, 2018
Nah, that would only make target the company, not the source material i think (or a 2077 was missing from the post).
Concerns are legitimate and good to express, but not in condensed and too broad fashion.
even IF the source material was unproblematic, which it's not. They are using it in very bad ways? CP2077 has transphobia in it, it's not just shit outside of the game.
Why should it not be allowed to say "Fuck CDPR and this game"? plenty of valid reasons to be real upset about the company, the game and yeah the source material if you somehow think everyone typing cyberpunk in here is talking about the source material.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
even if you truly believed people are "attacking" the cyberpunk ip (nothing more punk than defending brands lmao), wouldn't you be more upset at cdpr for injecting transphobia into the game??

Ivory Samoan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
That hand on Judy's face definitely looked feminine to me. They got the facial expressions so right up close, she looks amazing. Oh well, 2nd playthrough it is then.
She's super stunning in that snippet, this game is going to eat me alive....I can feel it.

I'll stop when they aren't a piece of shit of a company. Why wouldn't it be allowed?
Because it's drive by trolling, which tends to get moderated in any thread?

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone noticed that there are differences between the gameplay trailers in different languages?

AC6TxAc.png

IqYtyBt.png

The English one looks much better in that scene.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Has anyone noticed that there are differences between the gameplay trailers in different languages?

AC6TxAc.png

IqYtyBt.png

The English one looks much better in that scene.

Looks to be different times of day which would explain difference in lightning.

I guess their local teams record beats, but they don't micromanage recordings so they aren't 100% 1:1 synced with stuff like time of day or weather.

Buggy Loop

Oct 27, 2017

Mind blowing is the right word :o

Holy shit. Never seen an open world look so good.

I don't think i can score a 3080 FE in Canada even remotely close to the launch of this game, and i insist to have my first playthrough with these effects as this is a once in a decade kind of game. So yea.. i'll be extremely jealous to those playing. Nvidia, shift to 2nd gear please..

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Wonder if it will have as many patches as the Witcher 3.

Inevitable. I might not be Bethesda tier, but the thumb rule is the bigger, more system complex a game is the more will be lost in QA and production, and the higher the probability of noticeable bugs shipping with launch. It's been this way going back to the CRPGs of the 90s. Old Troika devs did a great talk on this, and how the biggest challenge of making RPGs is the compounding complexities from detailed game systems layered on top of one another and a high degree of emergence play, and the resulting variables leading to higher probabilities of bugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.