• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaychrome91

Nov 4, 2018
I can't wait to see how cyberpunk performs on base ps4 since that's my only console. I hope it doesn't run like crap. Either way, day 1 for me.

Oct 25, 2017
Have they still not released more in-depth system requirements? I want to know what I'll need to run the game at 60FPS, 1080p. The first requirements were severely lacking for any sort of actual real use.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like it's going to be a 70GB game ... I already have 2TB SSDs that are nearly maxed out (no, I don't have CoD installed). I don't wanna uninstall anything either - AAAAARGH!

I wonder if there'll be switchable radio stations in the car - and what kinda music is going to be there. It'll be really weird listening to country music or something while driving in that world.
Jesus..

I really need to just bite the bullet and buy another SSD.

Got like no room for this shit.

Kyrona

Jul 9, 2020
I am not trans. I am a heterosexual man. I am not attempting in this post to belittle or discourage discussion of LGBT issues surrounding this game.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find a more welcoming space for trans voices on the internet than Resetera. I've not come across a community that so thoroughly moderates itself to ensure an open and inclusive forum for any race or gender. Likely because of this, I find the idea of banning discussion of Cyberpunk on Resetera of all places to be excessive and counter-productive. I believe we are better off in a community where civil conversations can happen and can continue to happen in an environment where we can learn from and about the experiences of disparate groups - I don't think shying away from whatever problems this game may have so that we can collectively pat ourselves on the back for how inclusive we are will do anything other than moving the conversation to places where a person is most certainly not going to hear these perspectives.
I would like to think that I have been more than civil in my discussions, and I don't mind one bit if y'all want to play the game. The point I have been trying to make is that a great many people here say they think it is better that we leave it open to have the discussions about criticisms, but how many of them take the first step forward to have those discussions with the trans community? It is putting a great strain on the trans members of the community to have to come up with a post like Kyuuji's when we want to be heard.

I don't have all the answers. There isn't an easy solution here at all. But what I would ask is that if we as a whole wish to see discussions regarding this content, I myself would appreciate it greatly if the proponents of such discussions would take the first step to have them sometimes. Because as it is, it feels as though we are doing most of the heavy lifting on the matter.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I would like to think that I have been more than civil in my discussions, and I don't mind one bit if y'all want to play the game. The point I have been trying to make is that a great many people here say they think it is better that we leave it open to have the discussions about criticisms, but how many of them take the first step forward to have those discussions with the trans community? It is putting a great strain on the trans members of the community to have to come up with a post like Kyuuji's when we want to be heard.

I don't have all the answers. There isn't an easy solution here at all. But what I would ask is that if we as a whole wish to see discussions regarding this content, I myself would appreciate it greatly if the proponents of such discussions would take the first step to have them sometimes. Because as it is, it feels as though we are doing most of the heavy lifting on the matter.
Like I just said in the other thread not everyone avoiding the subject is doing so out of malice. Some people (like myself) just don't feel comfortable in seriously discussing the issue for various reasons. Me personally I don't trust my ability to properly convey my thoughts and opinions on what CDPR has said and done without possibly offending someone unintentionally. And I don't want to upset someone or possibly get banned just because I ignorantly decided to try and speak on something that I now understand I have no business talking about.

So instead I am just choosing to keep my head down and my mouth shut. But as I have said before I fully support anyone and everyone that wants to share all of the information regarding the situation. The only thing I don't support is personal attacks by either side. But the mods already have made a stand on that.

Khamsinvera

Oct 31, 2017
You actually get it for free with the game:
ACtC-3d-_uftw-476sd1wBF76ECsFYq0Xo3UxTDog1GnWZVWeYxzPU4rBqOGKSX1wYRQ3u27Xfnbymg3cojNo7R6YDlVxRrKrpZvf0YaQxUUgShRqEUMfv42wjeCmQe_MVTPTD1wbgJL7k2sOGthMncNg55O=w1438-h2438-no
WHOA - cheers, dude!!!

Khilandros

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Wow, they did a nice job on the vehicles and clothing. Can't wait to drive around the city and badlands. Always a fan of character customization, so all the style stuff sounds cool and I hope we can do that kind of stuff with our cars as well.
Also waiting on a 3080, so I can actually play this on max settings, etc.

NoWayOut

Oct 27, 2017
Has the world map been made available officially or unofficially?? I'm curious to see what it looks like and get a sense of the size.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Has the world map been made available officially or unofficially?? I'm curious to see what it looks like and get a sense of the size.
Not the in-game map, but this is the one that comes with the game:

cyberpunk-2077-map-large-scaled.jpeg

Most seem to think this doesn't include the entire Badlands area from the game, but we'll see.

NoWayOut

Oct 27, 2017
Not the in-game map, but this is the one that comes with the game:

cyberpunk-2077-map-large-scaled.jpeg

Most seem to think this doesn't include the entire Badlands area from the game, but we'll see.
That's excellent, thanks! First impression, it doesn't seem to be excessively big. I assume and hope there will be lots of verticality and indoors area in the city.

linhost

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Jesus..

I really need to just bite the bullet and buy another SSD.

Got like no room for this shit.

I was shocked to find out that WoW is 75 gigs now....insane! Another drive might be in order....

Does anyone know if you can drive with peripherals (Steering wheels) etc?
There were mods for GTA on PC that let you do this but didn't know if that had been mentioned any where yet.

Sax

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's hard to imagine this running like anything other than "really badly" on base current gen consoles, especially with just how much it's coming in hot for launch and CDPR not showing any footage of it on them. Personally I'm just really glad it got delayed as much as it did so that it lets me experience it on a 3080 (got one too!) and a 5900X (fingers crossed =P) instead of having to make do with my aging 2500k/970 combo that's still chugging, hah.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Madqueenshow (gaming YouTube channel, lately focused on Cyberpunk) did a 2 hour interview with Mike Pondsmith earlier today.

It's actually a pretty interesting interview. Lots of the focus is on CP 2077, but Pondsmith also touches on science fiction in general, technology, sociology, etc.

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Like I just said in the other thread not everyone avoiding the subject is doing so out of malice. Some people (like myself) just don't feel comfortable in seriously discussing the issue for various reasons. Me personally I don't trust my ability to properly convey my thoughts and opinions on what CDPR has said and done without possibly offending someone unintentionally. And I don't want to upset someone or possibly get banned just because I ignorantly decided to try and speak on something that I now understand I have no business talking about.

So instead I am just choosing to keep my head down and my mouth shut. But as I have said before I fully support anyone and everyone that wants to share all of the information regarding the situation. The only thing I don't support is personal attacks by either side. But the mods already have made a stand on that.
Very well said😊🙏
WHOA - cheers, dude!!!
Cheers🍻

Dec 20, 2017
I picked up the world of cyberpunk 2077 at Barnes and noble today. Didn't even know it was a thing before today.

Last edited:

flipswitch

Oct 25, 2017
It's hard to imagine this running like anything other than "really badly" on base current gen consoles, especially with just how much it's coming in hot for launch and CDPR not showing any footage of it on them. Personally I'm just really glad it got delayed as much as it did so that it lets me experience it on a 3080 (got one too!) and a 5900X (fingers crossed =P) instead of having to make do with my aging 2500k/970 combo that's still chugging, hah.

Good Job in acquiring a 3080!

Worried about current gen performance, because we really don't know how it looks or plays, it's been delayed a number of times and the release date is just weeks!

I'm sticking to PC over PS4 Pro. 8700k/1080ti gsync sound the better option.

Dec 20, 2017
Good Job in acquiring a 3080!

Worried about current gen performance, because we really don't know how it looks or plays, it's been delayed a number of times and the release date is just weeks!

I'm sticking to PC over PS4 Pro. 8700k/1080ti gsync sound the better option.

Plus it'll pay nicer if/when you upgrade down the road.

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
Madqueenshow (gaming YouTube channel, lately focused on Cyberpunk) did a 2 hour interview with Mike Pondsmith earlier today.

It's actually a pretty interesting interview. Lots of the focus is on CP 2077, but Pondsmith also touches on science fiction in general, technology, sociology, etc.

Mike Pondsmirh was the guy who got me into this entire genre of stuff. Seeing a black dude who was successful in that industry back then? Unheard of. At least to my young mind. That game is the reason I even wrote now.

Last edited:

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
It is.

All of the bands creating songs for the radio stations are composing unique tracks only found in the game; which is particularly exciting for any bands included that someone may be a fan of. New music from your favorite artist is always nice :)

I would like to know the total amount of tracks included - like is it 50, 80 or possibly 100+ and will there be more in the expansions?🤔

Is there a list of which bands are making music?

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I just realized that we didn't see any flying vehicles in this episode. So I'm guessing that probably means no controllable flying car which is a shame :(

Hero_Select

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just got around to watching this and my god am I excited for the game. I just love how everything looks - the buildings, the cars, the styles. Everything oozes personality and I know I'm going to be fully immersed in this. Can't wait to see the kind of mods we'll get out of this as well.

The wait is almost over!

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
As far as I know, console editions dont actually exist.
Looks like it's going to be a 70GB game ... I already have 2TB SSDs that are nearly maxed out (no, I don't have CoD installed). I don't wanna uninstall anything either - AAAAARGH!

I wonder if there'll be switchable radio stations in the car - and what kinda music is going to be there. It'll be really weird listening to country music or something while driving in that world.

Judge From Everything I saw. I quite surprise this is 70GB Game.

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Is there a list of which bands are making music?
There has only been a short list revealed so far:

I just realized that we didn't see any flying vehicles in this episode. So I'm guessing that probably means no controllable flying car which is a shame :(
We can only ride in Aerodynes initially; not pilot them ourselves.

No word as of yet if that will change in one of the expansions👍

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
I just got around to watching this and my god am I excited for the game. I just love how everything looks - the buildings, the cars, the styles. Everything oozes personality and I know I'm going to be fully immersed in this. Can't wait to see the kind of mods we'll get out of this as well.

The wait is almost over!
Yeah it has been a crazy ride, I started out being annoyed at the first person perspective, basically put the game on ignore, but now that I've seen the gameplay videos and quality it's clear that this game is just on a whole other level compared to anything else, the production values is insane. And I've seen so many videos now that I know motion sickness shouldn't be a problem, which was one of my initial worries. And the car segment blew my mind, literally could've been a trailer for a racing game! I don't get how CDPR can go from basically euro-jank RPG to this, the trailers are either perfectly edited to hide all the jank or this will literally be a best game of the generation contender.

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
I started out being annoyed at the first person perspective
As strange as it may sound, I did too for about a month.

Once it was confirmed to be a first-person only experience, I checked out for around 24 days - telling myself "Well, there goes all of the atmosphere and immersion".

After seeing the 48-minute gameplay demo in 2018, I quickly realized that it was the right choice; and that the atmosphere and immersion were actually highlighted and enhanced by that perspective👍

Putty

Double Eleven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Middlesbrough
I was going to wait for the next gen patch/version but as more info gets released the more likely Im just gonna grab it at launch and hope its runs well! November is going to be extraordinarily expensive!!!

CTRON

Jul 16, 2020

It's been confirmed there will be no controllable flying vehicles; only NPC controlled ones that likely follow a set path. The Red engine's asset streaming tech probably isn't up to the task.

flipswitch

Oct 25, 2017
Do you think there's consistency issue with the visuals, were the night stuff, with neon lights and reflections make it look like a different game to the day time footage?

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah it has been a crazy ride, I started out being annoyed at the first person perspective, basically put the game on ignore, but now that I've seen the gameplay videos and quality it's clear that this game is just on a whole other level compared to anything else, the production values is insane. And I've seen so many videos now that I know motion sickness shouldn't be a problem, which was one of my initial worries. And the car segment blew my mind, literally could've been a trailer for a racing game! I don't get how CDPR can go from basically euro-jank RPG to this, the trailers are either perfectly edited to hide all the jank or this will literally be a best game of the generation contender.
That third euro jank game sold a lot so all that money went into cyberpunk

regenhuber

Nov 4, 2017
I was going to wait for the next gen patch/version but as more info gets released the more likely Im just gonna grab it at launch and hope its runs well! November is going to be extraordinarily expensive!!!

Same here. Will play this on XSX and hope for the best. If CDPR had a fixed release date for the upgrade I might think about waiting.

Let's be real, if the game had released as originally planned we all would have played the PS4/X1 version without making a fuss. That's why won't complain about playing that version with some massive next gen QoL improvements.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
I see the people who still thought we were getting the game shown in the first behind-closed-trailer are coming down to earth now.

Anyone not expecting a downgrade was kidding themselves. It will look great on PC, but it's still the same game that has to run on a 1.3TF Console with a crap CPU. Scaling only gets you so far.

The footage looks pretty good, and is definitely not console footage (since the XsX and PS5 versions aren't out on launch). It's just still a current gen title.
After original The Witcher 3 fidelity had to be downgraded for struggling console reasons, nothing will surprise me here.

Dries

Banned
Aug 19, 2019
As a corpo, obviously, I don't ever expect to drive to myself ;). Lets see how long I'll stick to taxi's and whatnot till that get's boring. Certainly fun to roleplay though

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
It's been confirmed there will be no controllable flying vehicles; only NPC controlled ones that likely follow a set path. The Red engine's asset streaming tech probably isn't up to the task.

According map designers it was decided that player can't free fly them was because allowing free fly would have exponentially extended workload on map design team. All new assets, areas, routes, content etc. they would have needed to make so absolutely nothing breaks and is consistent.

It was time and workload decision.

Do you think there's consistency issue with the visuals, were the night stuff, with neon lights and reflections make it look like a different game to the day time footage?

I would say it isn't as much consistency issue as it's just difference between day and night. A lot IRL cities look a lot different during day than night.

misho8723

Jan 7, 2018
Slovakia
I see the people who still thought we were getting the game shown in the first behind-closed-trailer are coming down to earth now.

Anyone not expecting a downgrade was kidding themselves. It will look great on PC, but it's still the same game that has to run on a 1.3TF Console with a crap CPU. Scaling only gets you so far.

The footage looks pretty good, and is definitely not console footage (since the XsX and PS5 versions aren't out on launch). It's just still a current gen title.

Hmmmm, what? Apart from maybe NPC density the game now looks way better than in 2018 or last year

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Hmmmm, what? Apart from maybe NPC density the game now looks way better than in 2018 or last year
Yeah, I think some people might have an idealized version of the 2018 gameplay video in their heads? While it definitely looked impressive at the time, the 2020 footage looks a lot better in terms of e.g. lighting, textures and details.

Status
Not open for further replies.