• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrea_23

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Dismissing concerns on transphobia and inflammatory whataboutism over multiple posts; account in junior phase.
wtf_talking_about_wolf_of_wallstreet.gif

Fair. I elaborate a little more.

Most of the Italian (and European) medieval and renaissance works of art were commissioned by the Catholic Church.
Now, do you have an idea of how the church has behaved towards minorities over the past millennium?

By extension, wouldn't it be correct to also ignore any work subsidized by such entities? I'm just following your logic.
I hope the point is clearer to you now.

Last edited:

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017

Most of the Italian (and European) medieval and renaissance works of art were commissioned by the Catholic Church.
Now, do you have an idea of how the church has behaved towards minorities over the past millennium?

By extension, wouldn't it be correct to also ignore any work subsidized by such entities? I'm just following your logic.

These two situations are so ludicrously dissimilar that I struggle to believe you actually think you've made a sound argument.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Well, if you put it that way, I advise you to avoid my country altogether too??

I live in Italy and -I'm probably saying things you already know- but most of our art was commissioned by *philanthropists* who over the centuries have done much more serious things than CdP to minorities ; ).

Just to close the circle, compared to my initial post. An hyperbole, but the underlying principle remains valid.

giphy.gif

Andrea_23

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
These two situations are so ludicrously dissimilar that I struggle to believe you actually think you've made a sound argument.
Yeah.
That's the mean of an hyperbole?

Again, straight to the point:
Everyone is obviously free to boycott CDP for their missteps. At the same time I think it is also possible to wait a couple of months and understand if they were in good faith or not.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
As a heads up, I had a chance to chat to Pawel, the senior designer featured in today's broadcast talking weapons, to go into greater detail about everything regarding weapons raised during this broadcast. It's a beefy, 4000 word chat and (if I do say so myself) worth a read: https://www.vg247.com/2020/08/10/cyberpunk-2077-legendary-weapons-guns/
Good interview. I'm glad you brought up melee combat to them. Hopefully there's a big push to really refine that aspect.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah.

Everyone is obviously free to boycott CDP for their missteps. At the same time I think it is also possible to wait a couple of months and understand if they were in good faith or not.
The best version of your argument (that I can think of) is essentially don't be critical of anything because art has a history of being funded by 'problematic' institutions, which you have to admit, isn't really compelling especially to those interested in social justice and fair representation of minorities.

Andrea_23

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
The best version of your argument (that I can think of) is essentially don't be critical of anything because art has a history of being funded by 'problematic' institutions, which you have to admit, isn't really compelling especially to those interested in social justice and fair representation of minorities.

Ok, we can talk now : ). Thank you for having the patience to carefully read my twisted arguments ; D.
Yours is a possible interpretation, but not the one that I certainly really intended.

My point lies precisely in the fact that it would be absurd to deprive oneself of the beauties of art, although unfortunately they have often had a bloody genesis.
This is precisely what we do, visiting buildings, museums, listening to music, observing paintings and sculptures that often required a very high price to be created.
Yet they outlived their creators and what remains now is something of absolute value.

More specifically: I firmly believe that it is possible to enjoy a game, this does not mean failing in one's ideals.

Neither more nor less.

Uzzy

Gabeā€™s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Finally caught up with the video. Game looks amazing, as expected. My 980 Ti weeps though.

Life Paths are cool, honestly it's a shame there's only three, but I'm sure more would just add exponentially to the complexity. Nomad or Street Kid for me.

Tomo815

Banned
Jul 19, 2019
Yeah.

Could the game potentially be banned from discussion here if it doesn't pass the test?

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, we can talk now : ). Thank you for having the patience to carefully read my twisted arguments ; D.
Yours is a possible interpretation, but not the one that I certainly really intended.

My point lies precisely in the fact that it would be absurd to deprive oneself of the beauties of art, although unfortunately they have often had a bloody genesis.
This is precisely what we do, visiting buildings, museums, listening to music, observing paintings and sculptures that often required a very high price to be created.
Yet they outlived their creators and what remains now is something of absolute value.

More specifically: I firmly believe that it is possible to enjoy a game, this does not mean failing in one's ideals.

Neither more nor less.
The difference is we were not alive when all of those paintings and sculptures were being made. Society, media and art are also entirely different in 2020 when compared to the historical period/s you're referring to.

If you're willing to put your head in the sand and ignore all the problematic elements of a creative work because cool gun go bang then that's fine, but don't call out others for not wanting to join you.

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
As a heads up, I had a chance to chat to Pawel, the senior designer featured in today's broadcast talking weapons, to go into greater detail about everything regarding weapons raised during this broadcast. It's a beefy, 4000 word chat and (if I do say so myself) worth a read: https://www.vg247.com/2020/08/10/cyberpunk-2077-legendary-weapons-guns/

It looks like CDPR are trying to address the level scaling and loot issues that I honestly thought hurt TW3, especially compared to its predecessor. I'm hoping they can dive into that more before launch.

I think this pretty much confirms (though, it may have said before) the durability mechanic being out, which is very welcome.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
shit looks fucking incredible.

loved the little behind the scenes feature for the music too.

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
Looks so good. Gonna try my best to stick with my GTX 1080 for this. My CPU should still allow for 60 fps at least so it will depend on my graphics settings. Then maybe next year or so I'll finally get an RTX upgrade and do a second playthrough that will be with all the raytracing. Can't wait to finally play this.

eebster

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
First trailer that made me super hyped up about the game. Usually I find the shown footage ok but nothing stellar. Probably because they finally showed a "darker" more serious side of the game instead of the GTA like vibe of previous trailers. More Blade Runner less GTA please.
My only small gripe is that the singer of Refused doesn't sound like Keanu Reeves at all. He might sound like how they imagined Jonny Silverhand to sound like but there's gonna be a huge disconnect between Keanu's speaking and singing voice

Another comparison. Not entirely sure if it's the same location.

p4bf8f5cg7g51.png

I really hope that the game in general moved towards looking more like the right screenshot compared to 2018. Looks so much better and changes the whole vibe of the game.

Last edited:

Deleted member 50232

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 3, 2018
After watching yesterday's video, I'm much more confident it will hit Novembers release date now. It seems very polished and looked much better than earlier showings.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
This was definitely a better showing than the first episode of Night City Wire, which I honestly thought was pretty terrible and deflated my hype on the game.

Good stuff this time.

Sunnz

Apr 16, 2019
Looks so damn good, really can't wait.
I would be sad that after ghost of Tsushima there is nothing worthwhile for me but thankfully we have cyberpunk coming out.

My only two issues for far:
Driving still does not inspire confidence, will have to just wait and drive myself. A bit too floaty/ instant, I hope it does not have the hold to drift like sleeping dogs, even something like GTA v style will be decent ( but if like horizon like they said, will be awesome)

While GOT and tlou2 look stunning on a base PS4, you can tell much more is happening in cyberpunk so I am worried how it will perform on the base consoles.

Oracle

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
The gameplay we see here...is this full on raytracing ? As in this is the best its going to look? Or has that not been shown off? Im trying to judge how close next gen consoles would come to these videos. I know ray tracing isn't day one on consoles, is it on PC?

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I wouldn't say it's bad per se, but the Samurai songs are definitely not a style that works for me, and doesn't feel cyberpunk at all. I feel they should have gone with a more Ramones kind of sound but with more synth-modulated vocals and wilder guitars, to get that classic punk feel but futurized.
I can imagine that mix sounding quite good and fitting the cyberpunk genre, but the Keanu Reeves character that was burned in our minds the last 7 years is John Wick and if he'd sing, he'd have that whiskey drinking, slow growl/drawl and not the borderline hyperactivity of the Ramones. The sound of the Ramones is also not really lead singer focused. I think what would work better is to take more inspiration from the Misfits for example (but my punk knowledge is pretty limited, I'm sure there are even better examples).

Last edited:

Zampano

The Fallen
Dec 3, 2017
I just need to know whether it's going to run better one my One X or PS5 at launch. Timing is bad and cross-gen is a pain.

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
This part was interesting. Was this something made for Night City Wire, or was that a third-person cutscene?

Don't have a screenshot handy, but you see V from afar in the workshop area.
Appears to be a third person cut scene. Maybe smaller interludes between some missions? The subtitle font is different here so it could be made for this episode. hard to say.

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
So I wonder if life paths affect the entire story as you progress through the campaign or just the initial opening hours?

Street Kid looks the most interesting to me.

WesleyShark

Oct 25, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
So I wonder if life paths affect the entire story as you progress through the campaign or just the initial opening hours?

Street Kid looks the most interesting to me.
each path gives you unique dialogue options, or opportunities with different NPCs based on who you are. I would imagine this also will have some weight on how the game ends, given the choices you make based on all of that.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
The gameplay we see here...is this full on raytracing ? As in this is the best its going to look? Or has that not been shown off? Im trying to judge how close next gen consoles would come to these videos. I know ray tracing isn't day one on consoles, is it on PC?

Too much of an layman to say if RT was enabled in these segments, but at least reflections looked like high quality SSR instead of RT'd reflections.

PC will have ray tracing features on day one, but most likely next-gen consoles have to wait for 2021 patch.

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
I can imagine that mix sounding quite good and fitting the cyberpunk genre, but the Keanu Reeves character that was burned in our minds the last 7 years is John Wick and if he'd sing, he'd have that whiskey drinking, slow growl/drawl and not the borderline hyperactivity of the Ramones. The sound of the Ramones is also not really lead singer focused. I think what would work better is to take more inspiration from the Misfits for example (but my punk knowledge is pretty limited, I'm sure there are even better examples).
A lot of people don't know this, but Keanu Reeves was in a band called Dogstar from 1994-2002 and he actually sang some Punk songs. Below are 2 samples of him singing:

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
"Chippin' In" is such a banger Refused song.... But also it's actually kinda fucking hard to play on drums due to the wacky time signatures (David Sandstrom is a fantastic drummer, fyi. Listen to War Music). Still, I've been inspired and definitely gonna learn how to play it.

Anyway, yeah, it's gonna be plenty weird hearing Dennis Lyxzen's voice come out of Keanu's mouth, lol

Deleted member 11276

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think RT was enabled, reflections were definately SSR.

I'm guessing they probably just want to show off the current gen version right now.

We might get to see the next gen version of the game running with RTX on the GeForce Event coming at September 1st.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Here is snippets from community Q&A that took place on Discord after this event, source links at the bottom for rest.
Shortly after Night City Wire Episode 2, The Official Cyberpunk 2077 Discord community had the opportunity to sit down with Senior Level Designer, Miles Tost & Lead Quest Designer, Pawel Sasko.
Pawel

Do the side quests offer the same amount of choices as the main story or do they differentiate?

It all depends, ya know? we always start from the plot. so if it makes sense for the plot it means its there. if it doesn't make sense for the plot it means there might be less choices depending on what it is. it all depends on what all was introduced to the story because we want to make sure it makes sense and feels good. Our Core principles is always, we want to give the player as many choices as possible but at the same time stay reasonable because we need to stay within our given budget(as that's a given).

Another thing is we're always trying to give options that feel natural to player in example "i should be able to do this" in most cases you will be able to. there will be scenarios where you won't be given choices you'd prefer to make in order from a design standpoint in order to not destroy too much of that particular story, or sway too much from the vision of choices given for that particular quest. But Generally there are plenty of options for side quests. We've put a lot of attention and detail in them. Obviously the Main Quest has a far larger budget than side quests and smaller content. So because of that you'll probably have slightly less options depending on the quest. It's not really a rule. The rule is a derivative of the plot itself and I think that makes most sense for us.

There was a recent news article on your comment about how the you dont have to finish the main quest to finish the game.. Is it possible for you to expand upon that? Is it how people are assuming? How its like how you play out your side quests and you get an early ending? is it a lot simpler than what people are assuming?

I would love to clarify on that, I really would.. but I'm afraid it'd make headlines anyway. Yeah, now adays its difficult without the internet running wild on it. It is correct what from I stated in that interview, but it depends on the definition you're using for what is the side quest and what is the main quest. That's the whole problem.

The jist of what I said is.. When you decide to do side content, It opens up new paths that allow you to finish the game in more ways that were previously closed for you and thats really the jist of it. I tried to explain it the best I could to the Journalist, who mostly understood what I meant but some wording wasnt completely precise and was google translated in different ways.

Some people understood it correctly and some people obviously started to really stretching it all over the place. At that point when I try to clarify, it creates even more confusion so sometimes I don't prefer to comment on it further. So I rather not make a mess and cause further confusion. It's difficult at times to explain some things in simple terms due to the complexity of our systems.

In Night City Wire Episode 2, During the Guns and Modifications Section, There was a scene where V is fixing his pistol. He's in 3rd person perspective. Is that just a thing you guys did for the episode or is that an example of 3rd person cutscene?

Its actually in the game. Yeah its called "The First Equip" Basically like a cool animation you get for a new item you've obtained. It was just cut like that for the trailer but Yes, its in the actual game.

netrunner2077.net

This domain may be for sale!

Miles interview was a lot more about his experiences with working on the game etc, you can check it here https://www.netrunner2077.net/blog/...y-q-a-part-2-senior-level-designer-miles-tost

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
Finally watched it. Some amazing looking guns. Forgot the name but that gun with tracking bullets reminded me of Resistance, in a good way. Music portion was boring to me but I can see the appeal of it to some and also why they included it. Going corpo for sure.

Much better episode compared the previous one.

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Finally watched it. Some amazing looking guns. Forgot the name but that gun with tracking bullets reminded me of Resistance, in a good way. Music portion was boring to me but I can see the appeal of it to some and also why they included it. Going corpo for sure.

Much better episode compared the previous one.
Imho, it's the best showing of the game so faršŸ‘

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
In for the city, atmosphere, and the story, but I just watched the more recent IGN gameplay video. Hopefully there's going to be more to the combat than just stuff like the "faster reload", "faster aiming", "more accuracy", "move faster with a weapon" that they announced. That's bog-standard first-person shooter stuff that usually comes from the weapons themselves, if not mods, or those would just be the early filler skills you pick up in a tree on the way to bigger and better, game altering effects.

In a way the gun aspect sounds a bit like Borderlands.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
In for the city, atmosphere, and the story, but I just watched the more recent IGN gameplay video. Hopefully there's going to be more to the combat than just stuff like the "faster reload", "faster aiming", "more accuracy", "move faster with a weapon" that they announced. That's bog-standard first-person shooter stuff that usually comes from the weapons themselves, if not mods, or those would just be the early filler skills you pick up in a tree on the way to bigger and better, game altering effects.

In a way the gun aspect sounds a bit like Borderlands.

I don't think you pick perks like "Faster reload" etc., but you just get more proficient with weapon types which then in return gives stat increases to reload speed etc. passively.

Either way this wont be revolution in FP combat design so it will be very much "bog-standard" with RPG systems baked in.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think you pick perks like "Faster reload" etc., but you just get more proficient with weapon types which then in return gives stat increases to reload speed etc. passively.

Either way this wont be revolution in FP combat design so it will be very much "bog-standard" with RPG systems baked in.

Hopefully that's what it is, because the dev said that V changes over time as the game progresses, and might have just been talking about becoming more proficient with weapons as you use them, which has previously been covered.

I also never expected it to be any kind of revolution regarding the skills, but I was at least hoping it would offer more than what TW3 did, which was pretty bland skill wise. The Deus Ex games, despite being really fun also were rather underwhelming when it came to skills, and that's the series I expected this to copy more than any other.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully that's what it is, because the dev said that V changes over time as the game progresses, and might have just been talking about becoming more proficient with weapons as you use them, which has previously been covered.

I also never expected it to be any kind of revolution regarding the skills, but I was at least hoping it would offer more than what TW3 did, which was pretty bland skill wise. The Deus Ex games, despite being really fun also were rather underwhelming when it came to skills, and that's the series I expected this to copy more than any other.
It is, it's kinda I guess like TES where when you use something you get skill points for one handed combat or magic and so on.But instead of using the skill points they just add to proficiency passively. Less sway, less recoil and so on. They cover it in the interview above.

Status
Not open for further replies.