• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 1656

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
Synther looks like it could be really good. It's an immersive sim-ey detective adventure game with randomization and permadeath elements. It's coming out in Q1 of this year—which means soon, hopefully.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
3 pages in and no one has mentioned Mankind Divided
HWh0XGS.gif

Pretty amazing that no one mentioned it. I thought I was missing something.

I just finished the game today and I think it's pretty great. Too bad it's probably the end of the line of this series.

ShroudOfFate

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Omikron The Nomad Soul. Yeah, it's Quantic Dream, yeah it's all over the place and doesn't know if it wants to be an FPS, fighting game or point-and-click, but it hits all the right cyberpunk notes for me. Plus, Bowie being the main antagonist and also composing the soundtrack rules.
THhdtfZ

pc-invasion-plays-omikron-the-no-1-750x422.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know if Shadowrun Returns will run on a 2016 MacBook Pro with an integrated GPU (Iris 540)?

EDIT: Seems to run pretty well on older and weaker iGPU's, so it shouldn't be a problem \o/

Last edited:

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty amazing that no one mentioned it. I thought I was missing something.

I just finished the game today and I think it's pretty great. Too bad it's probably the end of the line of this series.

Same. I recently finished the game and thought it was excellent. Really bummed to see how little people talk/know about it.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
Observer is on sale until tomorrow on US PSN.

Any other impressions? It's looking tempting.

Also for anyone looking for some Cyberpunk sounds to spice your high tech low life, I recommend the dystopian tunes of Perturbator.

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
I started playing Deus Ex Mankind Divided yesterday and so far I'm enjoying it.
I had a really good time with Human Evolution so it was very easy to jump into the sequel.
Since the game was part of PS Plus and there was a sale with it Season Pass I decided to grab it too, hope it's worth it!

Oct 27, 2017
I started playing Deus Ex Mankind Divided yesterday and so far I'm enjoying it.
I had a really good time with Human Evolution so it was very easy to jump into the sequel.
Since the game was part of PS Plus and there was a sale with it Season Pass I decided to grab it too, hope it's worth it!

I've heard a bunch about Deux Ex, but what's so good about it? What exactly is it about?

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
I've heard a bunch about Deux Ex, but what's so good about it? What exactly is it about?

It's an immersive sim that happens in a cyberpunk future where corporations/nations are fighting over the technology of humans augmentations.
The game gives you differents tools, ways and weapons ( and augmentations lol ) to fight - or not - your way through a story filled with conspiracy theories, megacorporations, society/classes debates and a lot of cool topics.
The recent games get a lot of criticism by the ones that love the classic Deus Ex but I think they do a very good job into keeping some of the core of the IP while delivering a fresh and good Deus Ex experience.

Hamster0

Dec 4, 2018
Just finished Shadowruns returns last night, and was surprised how short it was. Going to jump into dragonfall, and Hong Kong later, but is there any recommendations on custom campaigns

dummmyy

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished Shadowruns returns last night, and was surprised how short it was. Going to jump into dragonfall, and Hong Kong later, but is there any recommendations on custom campaigns

There's a campaign on the workshop for dragonfall that's a (near-)complete re-work of the SNES / Genesis versions that was pretty fun! Enjoy Draonfall and Hong Kong once you get into em! Had tons of fun with those games.

Deleted member 43789

Banned
May 22, 2018
No cyberpunk "gameplay" to be had in any of these titles, but classic cyberpunk themes are present in their stories.

ew2kWRz.jpg

BocoDragon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Was Fear Effect cyberpunk? I think it was? Been so long since I've played the games that I can't remember how hard it adheres to the tropes of the genre. Seems like it was a dystopian urban future setting with Asian elements so I think it was right in there.

Hamster0

Dec 4, 2018
There's a campaign on the workshop for dragonfall that's a (near-)complete re-work of the SNES / Genesis versions that was pretty fun! Enjoy Draonfall and Hong Kong once you get into em! Had tons of fun with those games.

Thanks for recommendation on the SNES addon, can't wait to dive in, I have fond memories of playing it on the SNES.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Deus Ex

I've seen mankind divided for like $4 in sales and human revolution for less. Don't miss these amazing games

Deleted member 1656

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
Technobabylon is great. Has some original ideas.
Is it? I've had it sitting around since a Steam sale forever ago and every time I consider giving it a shot its screenshots turn me off. It has one of the most generic cyberpunk art styles I've ever seen. There's a lot of generic cyberpunk out there and in indie games, but usually a little something or more is done to be distinguished. Technobabylon just looks like Blade Runner straight up lol. Which isn't a bad thing by any means per se; it's just not something I need to see more of. Does it have some bomb-ass writing and sound? Because I can totally look past the visuals if that's the deal.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Is it? I've had it sitting around since a Steam sale forever ago and every time I consider giving it a shot its screenshots turn me off. It has one of the most generic cyberpunk art styles I've ever seen. There's a lot of generic cyberpunk out there and in indie games, but usually a little something or more is done to be distinguished. Technobabylon just looks like Blade Runner straight-up lol. Which isn't a bad thing by any means per se; it's just not something I need to see more of. Does it have some bomb-ass writing and sound? Because I can totally look past the visuals if that's the deal.
I had a good time with it, but I also didn't expect the second coming or anything. The graphics are fine.