• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

1st playthrough

• Nomad

Votes: 320 30.3%
  • Street kid

Votes: 258 24.4%
  • Corporate

Votes: 479 45.3%

• Total voters

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Torn between Street Kid and Corpo. Still leaning towards the former as I feel it's the "vanilla" route.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, never played them before? This is gonna be an amazing back to back if you do.
Yea I expect no less.

Holy shit you are about to hit gaming nirvana.

Divinity 2 as in Original Sin 2? I've put like 180 hours into it the last 8 weeks probably. If you have any early on questions let me know. It's a rough start, at least it was for me. But god damn, the game is great.

Thanks. Ive heard the learning curve is pretty steep.

Blade30

Oct 26, 2017
Going for Nomad than Corpo and finally Street Kid.

Nomad.

Gotta have some Mad Max in my Cyberpunk🤘🍻💯

IJK3m1r.gif

Yep. same here.

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Whichever one promises to be the most non-political in this very non-political cyberpunk world.

modestb

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Corpo Lawful Neutral to the MAX

Or Nomad Chaotic Good who gets shit done and helps the little people no matter what?

AHHHHHH this is tough!

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
They all seem pretty interesting. Maybe Nomad or Street Kid first. Corp could be hit or miss for me, depending on how much the game lets you go against the corp.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
Best CP 2077 trailer so far, really liking the DA:O approach to the different background introductions.

Street seems to be the "vanilla" one, so I'm leaning towards this origin story.

ItchyTasty

Feb 3, 2019
Damn I expected street kid to be the popular choice and corporate to be the least popular one :P Corporate does seem interesting though

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
Both amazing trailers, the weapons one had a great rhythm to it, that music was cool.

Zachary_Games

Jul 31, 2020
Definitely playing as a Corpo because the voice actor doesn't sound like a stupid Hollywood 1920s mobster.

I wish they would have more trailers with the female voice actor. If the female voice actor is not obnoxious with her delivery on the other two life paths, I might chose Nomad.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm the opposite mind of many of yall. I want nomad first run as it also symbolizes a freedom/detachment that makes sense to me on the first playthrough, and whenever I do a second playthrough I'll likely do corpo as it kind of shows you as starting out already enveloped in the upper echelon of the city aka someone with a bit more background.

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017
Only took a look at the weapons trailer so far but as nice as the shown variety is, the shooting didn't make a particularly meaty/impactful impression.

PhazonBlazer

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised so many people are picking Corpo, it looks like most boring to me
#NomadLyfe

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Yep, gunplay looks stiff as a board. Already thinking this is going to be akin to Fallout 3 / New Vegas.
no way , come on know. I know CDPR does not have the greatest record when it comes to combat and feel of it. But Fallout 3 tier gunplay would not be praised by critics based on cyberpunk previews. If anything its gonna be fallout4/borderlands tier at worst

Blade30

Oct 26, 2017
I'm the opposite mind of many of yall. I want nomad first run as it also symbolizes a freedom/detachment that makes sense to me on the first playthrough, and whenever I do a second playthrough I'll likely do corpo as it kind of shows you as starting out already enveloped in the upper echelon of the city aka someone with a bit more background.

Yeah, you are also going in Night City for the first time as a Nomad which makes the most sense on a first playthrough.

Freeglader

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 13, 2017
I like the Nomad's emphasis on freedom so I'll go with that.

I hope the katanas are fun and feel good to use. I can't say I've ever experienced good first person melee combat.

PucePikmin

Apr 26, 2018
I like that the paths are actually quite different, instead of minor variations on the same thing (as they often are in games like this).

Probably going Corpo, although Nomad seems interesting as well.

Jul 20, 2020
I'm surprised at how many people are going corpo. It's the most appealing to me but I though street kid would be the number 1 option for most.