• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
I don't see a delay happening but my main concern is that they're so committed to April that i wonder what other compromises or cuts will be made to meet the release date.

I'll be there day 1 with the CE but I can't say my excitement didn't take a big hit after all the muddled messaging after E3 and whatnot.
Are you talking about the whole first person cut scene thing? I wouldn't call that cutting. The hour long demo had like a couple of minutes of third person cut scene only. Third person is for vehicles so the messaging has been accurate, its first person and third person mixed like it was always supposed to be.

Oct 26, 2017
After seeing Nvidia Ampere specs I'm ok if the game will be delayed lol

I'm not upgrading my PC now since my 1080ti is still going strong but the new Nvidia GPU are coming in the 2ns half of 2020.

selo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I bought a wqhd 144hz ips monitor and a 2080 super for this game. And even then, i dont think i'll hit 60fps if i want Raytracing :(

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
gonna get delayed to late summer or fall 2020, that's the only thing that explains the weird marketing to me

jerfdr

Dec 14, 2017
Preordered this game on GOG the moment preorders went up. Generally I'm not very keen on preordering, but I adored all CD Projekt's games, starting with Witcher 1 and all the way to Thronebreaker; so yeah, I want to try Cyberpunk even if it gets "generally unfavorable reviews" on Metacritic (lol).

However, if 3080Ti is not yet out by April I will have to wait to actually play Cyberpunk. I want to enjoy this game in all its glory, even if it means waiting until August (the rumored Ampere release period). It will be hard to avoid all the spoilers, but on the plus side the inevitable bugs will be ironed out by that time.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
I'll wait for the Switch port

almost_skeleton_still_waiting_meme1.jpg

I'm not currently hyped for the game, closer to release that'll kick in.
It probably needs one more gameplay showing.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Marketing for this has to start sometime soon then, doesn't it? I don't know, let me just say I wouldn't be surprised one bit if it gets delayed again.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
Still not sure where I will play this...Pro,1X or Stadia...? not sure I will keep Stadia Pro when my buddy pass ends in February so it will probably be on the 1X,if it turns out to be the best version,which it should be,outside of PC...no way I am waiting for next gen lol...but yeah,14 weeks,damn.

I'd bet good money that the game will be delayed.

Unless they pull a Last Of us,its getting pretty close to not have a delay announcement and if it does,depending on how long the delay is,might as well make it next gen.(simultaneous release)

Last edited:

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
IMO we either start seeing more footage soon(ish), or there's a quiet delay in Mid-February or so.

Really hope there's a lot of substance underneath the carefully shown trailers and 'gameplay footage' so far.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
i'll be super pissed if they delay it. i plan on taking time off work which is something i've never done for a game before lol.

whenever it releases i'll be there day one. i'll get it for both PS4 + PC.

Exit Music

Nov 13, 2017
I actually just pre-ordered this the other day at Best Buy since I still have GCU and they're offering a $10 credit. I thought at the time I didn't realize it was so close to coming out. I've bounced off each of The Witcher games multiple times and never made it more than a few hours in any of them, but I'm hoping this will be different!

EndlessNever

Oct 25, 2017
I have faith that they'll stick to the date they announced. They sat on it long enough to know they'd hit it.

Artdayne

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Can't decide whether I want to upgrade my 1080ti or not for this game. Although perhaps the bigger issue is my CPU is getting a little old at this point which may be the bigger bottleneck.

Ultra

Oct 30, 2017
Very excited. Hardly seen anything from it, and CDPR are absolutely getting the benefit of the doubt after W3.

Sloane

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I don't see it releasing in April either, feels way too early, no matter how much they might be crunching. Fall should be better for everyone.

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Not for me, I'm going to wait for a PS5 version. I have the willpower to wait I think, I just have to remind myself that I hated Witcher games, and that it usually takes a few months for complex games to become refined/polished.

If it's delayed, even better.

Samawati

Sep 15, 2019
I dont know why but im skeptical. I feel like :
1) we haven't seen enough gameplay
2) people are too much hyped because of witcher 3
3) it's the first first-person shooter the company made
4) i hope the game isn't rushed to come out on ps4 and isn't riddle with bugs like star-wars and days gone were.
5) while im sure the story, characters, visual and lore will be pretty good, i fear the shooting might not be what i expected in term of AAA.
And the little gameplay we have seen doesn't look very engaging.

I'd assume there's going to be a blowout closer to release, but somewhere along the last couple years I've already gone from the barely contained anticipation I felt since 2013 to (almost) complete apathy. I'm still gonna buy it, but every time I see marketing for it I get this That's So Raven vision of this thing sitting at 20% completion on some neglected corner of my hard drive.

Volkama

Oct 30, 2017
I'm not sold yet. Not a fan of the first-person view only to be honest. Anyway, I will wait for the PS5 release.

Venuslulu

Oct 28, 2017
I'm pretty happy that I don't get hyped anymore, so if it misses its date I'm cool with it

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
It's not going to be delayed (🤞). With only 14 weeks remaining, it would have been already announced. The team can see how much time they have left, compared to the outstanding workload and investors wouldn't be happy about a last min delay (unless they are internally informed before the public announcement).

i won't be able to wait for a next gen release. The question is if I am getting it on console, or stadia (depending on quality and release date), before double dipping on next gen.

Dever

Dec 25, 2019
Yeah I'm interested to see it, but not fully sold yet. In some of the gameplay presentations, the game kind of looks too good to be true. Like this massive city bustling with life, a ton of ways to complete every mission, branching story etc... I feel like games need focus, if you try to do everything then it just gets spread too thin due to reality of production schedules and such. If they pull it off though, great.

Status
Not open for further replies.